Here are the characters featured in the all-girls fighting game series Arcana Heart. All image columns shown come from Arcana Heart 3.
Debuting in Arcana Heart
Default Arcana: Partinias
Voiced by: Mikako Takahashi (Japanese), Kira Buckland (BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle) (English)
The protagonist of the series, Heart is a complete ditz and a loyal worshiper of The Power of Love. Her purpose is to be there to help her friends when they're down. In the process, however, she makes herself fair game to people who seem to desire her power (or her pureness) for something.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: During a crossover, she went on a date with Ragna The Bloodedge.
- All-Loving Hero: She's sweet, cheerful, and selfless. The only thing she wants to do is to help others and be there for her friends. She simply loves everyone and is a firm believer in The Power of Love.
- Anime Hair: The odd shape(s) like the heart Idiot Hair make it strange.
- Badass Adorable: Sweet, friendly, and able to kick ass.
- Buffy Speak: As befitting her personality:(upon entering Mildred's castle) "Wow... this place is abnormous..."
- The Cheerleader: Depicted as such in several pieces of artwork.
- Cherry Blossom Girl: Since she's a pink-haired Love Freak and canonically possesses the Arcana of Love, it's no surprise that cherry blossoms are associated with her. If you use Arcana Force in her stage, the background graphics will be replaced with one that's absolutely filled with cherry blossoms.
- Childhood Friends: Saki has been her best friend since childhood.
- Cloudcuckoolander: She is usually oblivious about the severity of the situations that she finds herself in.
- In an official April Fools' Flash Game by Arc Systems Works and Examu, Heart is on a date with Ragna The Bloodedge. She also makes a guest appearance in BlazBlue Radio, complete with chibi BlazBlue-style sprite. Come 3, she also starts learning moves seemingly ripped straight off Ragna. It pretty much helps that her and Ragna's voice actors had a history of voicing roles together.
- Heart is a playable fighter in Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines Infinite Duel.
- She is a playable fighter in BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle as Downloadable Content.
- Cuteness Proximity: As befitting her nature. Specifically, in the first game, she gets into a story match with Konoha, as she starts fawning over the "cute widdle puppy" (to poor Konoha's terror).
- Determinator: Once she makes up her mind on doing something, nothing seems to be able to stop her.
- The Ditz: As aforementioned, she is usually oblivious about how much danger that she is in.
- Genki Girl: She won't allow anything to deter her.
- The Heart: She is this for her friends.
- Heart Beat-Down: Most of her moves have "love" and "heart" in the name. Partinias is also a Heart-elemental.
- The Hero: She is the central character of the series.
- Idiot Hair: She has a heart-shaped cowlick that stands prominently atop her head and she's a complete ditz and a huge Idiot Hero.
- Idiot Hero: She's a loving and righteous hero ready to save the day and fight for her friends. She's also a complete idiot.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: She is one of the most balanced characters in the series.
- Kindhearted Simpleton: As her name would imply, Heart is a very kind, loving, and righteous girl, but she's also as sharp as a bag of hammers.
- Living Emotional Crutch: Among other things, she's the only reason Saki hasn't went off the deep end after all that's happened to her.
- Love Freak: Her win quotes all espouse the virtues of love over fighting. Its all about love!
- Martial Pacifist: She would prefer to make friends than to fight.
- Meaningful Name: Her name in Japanese order has a meaning akin to "heart of love".
- Nice Girl: She's kind, sweet, and helpful to everyone.
- The Nicknamer: Has nicknames for her four friends that make up the Five-Man Band of the series: "Mao-Mao" for Maori, "Lili" for Lilica, "Yori-poo" for Yoriko, and "Sa-Sa" for Saki. The last one is not appreciated by Saki at all.
- The Power of Love: Heart is pretty much the embodiment of this. Her default Arcana, Partinias also has Love as her element.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Saki and Weiß's blue.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Saki.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: She has pink hair and she's really sweet and romantic.
- Shoryuken: Heartful Punch.
- Shotoclone: An unusual variation in that she technically has no projectiles of her own, but relies on an Arcana for them. Most (but not all) Arcanas have projectiles, however, including her default one, so she still qualifies.
- Shout-Out: Some of her palettes make her resemble Mikoto Misaka, Accelerator, Yukiko Amagi, Sanae Nagatsuki, Minori Kushieda and Madoka Kaname.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: It's naturally pink.
Default Arcana: Bhanri
Voiced by: Yumi Shimura
Heart's aloof best friend, Saki went to England in order to study. While there, she befriended Fiona, whom she unfortunately lost during the separation of the Elemental World. In the process, her Arcana would wake in time to save her life, and ever since made a vow to protect her remaining friends, even if from afar.
- Aloof Ally: She is this for Heart.
- Broken Bird: What happened to Fiona has really affected her.
- Cannot Spit It Out: She definitely has feelings for Heart as lampshaded by Pistrix but clearly Heart doesn't know about it. And knowing Saki's personality, she probably won't.
- Charged Attack: Almost every one of her specials, save for her supers and three specials - Fragrach, Luath and the latter's followup.
- Childhood Friends: She has been best friends with Heart since childhood.
- Clothing Damage: If she's defeated by a super move, her tights get ripped in a few places.
- Cry Cute: At the end of her story in 3, she broke down in tears upon realizing that all her efforts to gain the sacred stones to turn Fiona back to human was a complete failure, and the rumors behind it could be lies. Thank God there's Heart to cheer her up.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Prior the events of the original Arcana Heart, Saki's father had to relocate to Great Britain for work, and she attended school there. One day, Saki and her friend Fiona visited a mysterious mountainside and were sucked into the Elemental world. Saki was rescued by the Arcana Bhanri, but Fiona was trapped in the other dimension. Saki has felt guilty ever since.
- Expy: She really looks like Destiny of the Shrine Maiden's Chikane Himemiya with lighter tint of hair and the same protective instinct.
- Extremity Extremist: Prefers to fight with her feet.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She's quite cold, but she truly does care for her friends.
- Kick Chick: Mainly uses her feet to fight.
- The Lancer: Of Heart's Five-Man Band, along with Maori, Yoriko, and Lilica.
- Moveset Clone: Or more like Ragna and Jin would be more appropriate — Saki is the Jin to Heart's Ragna.
- My Greatest Failure: She feels guilty of the loss of Fiona into the spirit world.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: She wears black tights with her main outfit, making her look very refined.
- Rapunzel Hair: It goes down past her hips.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Heart's red.
- Shock and Awe: Saki has access to electrical powers when using her default Arcana, Bhanri.
- Shout-Out: Some of her palettes resemble Akiha Tohno, Homura Akemi, Millia Rage or Ky Kiske and Chikane Himemiya.
- The Stoic: Usually. She is Not So Stoic more often than not when she is around Heart or when she's thinking about Fiona.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: She's aloof and usually gives the cold shoulder, but she's very prone to showing a warm and caring side when she's around Heart.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: She wears a yellow headband.
- Theme Naming: Most of her attacks are named after legendary western weapons like "Brionac", "Claimh Solais", etc.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She is afraid of heights.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is blue.
Default Arcana: Anutpada
Voiced by: Hiromi Hirata
The "Millennium Guardian" who has awakened due to a crisis brought upon by Mildred. She investigates this matter with the help of the ninja girl Konoha by posing as Heart and Saki's sempai, only with ponytail and still carrying her katana Tamayorihime... as if that's not going to attract the gaze of many an inquisitive eye.
- Action Girl: She is a very capable fighter.
- Bruiser with a Soft Center: A centuries old warrior awakened in crisis, and aside from having a soft spot for her cute friends, also loves penguins.
- Cast from Hit Points: She can sacrifice sliver of her health in order to gain a boost in offense and to power-up her next special attack.
- Counter-Attack: Has some attacks like this. One of them inflicts around 90% damage.
- Expy: Her appearance and weapon of choice remind of Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple's Shigure Kosaka.
- Famed in Story: Her identity isn't public knowledge but Mildred is aware of who she is, and she has two entire clans whose members grow up in hopes of being her sidekick.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: She has slept at least few decades before the present day, so there are quite a few things about the modern world that she has yet to understand.
- Hopeless with Tech: Being that she has slept at least few decades before the present day, she hasn't figured out how to really use modern day technology.
- Improbable Age: She became the Millennial Guardian at the age of ten.
- Lightning Bruiser: Her attacks are fast and does a lot of damage.
- Memento MacGuffin: A round jewel she wears on a sidetail. It used to belong to her little sister and is implied to be made out of a rainbow-colored Celestial Stone.
- Noodle Incident: Since she's Really 700 Years Old (possibly even older), Kamui drops more than a few lines about some other crises she's been woken up for. For example, in the first game, she tells Mildred that she wasn't the first to try merging the human and Elemental worlds, and later starts talking about some other enemies she faced to Konoha in her epilogue: apparently, she crossed blades with an organization called "The Divine Army", and The Third Reich.
- Only Sane Man: Acts one of the more mature characters, though she has some moments she shows she's not above the wackiness of the rest of the cast.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: No, Kamui, tying your hair back won't hide your identity, especially if you're carrying a katana.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her ponytail is about as long as her body.
- Really 700 Years Old: Despite her appearance, she is actually a lot older.
- Rip Van Winkle: Her Arcana keeps her in a state of eternal slumber, awaking whenever there is a crisis facing the human world.
- Samurai: She has this type of behavior and mindset.
- Samurai Ponytail: She wears her hair in a ponytail bound up almost at the top of her head, to go with her samurai-like behavior.
- Screw Destiny: One of "CARD of GLORY" plotlines has her discussing how she wishes to defy her fate to be put back to sleep after her duties are done for the time being.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: The straight man to Konoha's wise guy. Kamui is a mature serious warrior. Konoha is an immature Butt-Monkey.
- Sword Beam: Fires these off in one of her specials.
- Time Master: She has the Arcana of Time as her default, letting her freeze opponents in time, move at Super Speed, and use time-delayed copies of herself to evade and add to attacks. As a side effect of her Arcana, she's Really 700 Years Old.
Default Arcana: Moriomoto
Voiced by: Mayumi Yoshida
A dog girl who comes from the legendary Koinumaru ninja clan. She is often very happy, going into battles happily and settling them in a well-intentioned manner. Her route is more joking, however, and it's largely all Played for Laughs.
- Ambiguously Gay: Given her single minded focus on Kamui, it's not hard to see some romantic attraction underneath it.
- Butt-Monkey: Most of her appearances outside her story involve her being the butt of jokes.
- The Ditz: Konoha isn't very smart. When Mildred explained her plan, it all flew over her head. Even Heart wasn't that stupid.
- Doppelgänger Attack: One of her supers has her assaulting her opponent with dozens of clones of herself. Her Critical Heart also involves clones, but in much less quantity.
- Fear of Thunder: She herself says that she's not good around thunder.
- Fingerless Gloves: She wears them.
- Furry Reminder: She enjoys getting her stomach rubbed and scratches behind the ears, though only if it's from Kamui.
- Fragile Speedster: She is fast and a small target, but she can't take much damage.
- Genki Girl: She won't let anything stop her.
- Genre Blindness: Her first response to finding a celestial stone in the third game? Offer to trade one to Lilica in exchange for her roller skates.
- Green Thumb: Moriomoto has the power of Nature.
- Highly Visible Ninja: She a ninja who is a dog girl.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: In 3, seeing Ragnarok threatening to destroy Japan actually causes her to get serious.
- Life Drain: Using her default Arcana, Konoha is capable of stealing health from her opponent.
- Little Bit Beastly: She has dog ears and a tail.
- Ninja: She came from the Koinumara ninja clan.
- Ninja Log: Her counter has her utilize either a log or a doll of herself in various costumes to escape opponent's attack.
- Scarf of Asskicking: Her long red scarf is large enough (and her small enough) to be used as an impromptu glider.
- School Sport Uniform: She wears this under her various "ninja" accessories.
- Shout-Out: Two of her palettes make her resemble Last Order and Bang Shishigami.
- Spinning Piledriver: She wouldn't be a ninja without an Izuna Drop move, would she?
- Stock Ninja Weaponry: Shurikens, kunais, smoke bombs and blowpipes (though she mainly uses the pipe as a snorkel when burrowing underground).
- Third-Person Person: She refers to herself in the third person.
- Undying Loyalty: She is deeply devoted to be on Kamui's side all the time and serve her in best of her abilities.
Default Arcana: Ohtsuchi
Voiced by: Maki Tsuchiya
Second-born of four sisters specializing in exorcisms, called upon by the Japanese Ministry of Elemental Affairs to investigate Mildred's Evil Plan.
- Archer Archetype: She occasionally uses an archery move.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Ohtsuchi is massive, so much so that only its head and arm are shown when it uses its Arcana Blaze.
- The Big Girl: Of Heart's Five-Man Band, alongside Saki, Yoriko and Lilica. Her older sister, Tsuzune, also counts among her Sibling Team, being the most physically oriented of them.
- Chaste Heroine: She's one of the few girls without relationships with other girls bordering on a Homoerotic Subtext, although Clarice, in her fits of jealousy, seems to think something's going on with her and Elsa.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Her default Arcana, Ohtsuchi is the Arcana of Earth.
- Gag Boobs: Just look at them! They're one of the biggest points of discussion by Mei Ling, Mei-Fang's creator, much to Maori's chagrin.
- Hime Cut: She has the traditional hairstyle befitting of a Miko and a Yamato Nadeshiko.
- Improbable Weapon User: She fights using spintops.
- Miko: She is a shrine maiden.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair reaches down to her knees.
- Shout-Out: Some palette swaps make her resemble C.C., Yuzu Hieda, Hanyuu Furude, (PC-98) Reimu Hakurei and Mana Tatsumiya (also another miko, at least outside her mercenary career).
- Sibling Team: Fights alongside Koito and Kouta, her younger twin sisters, and Tsuzune, her older sister.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Her page image says it all but there's more. She tries to maintain the generations-old traditions of the Kasuga shrine.
Default Arcana: Lang-Gong
Voiced by: Juri Takita
A Robot Girl in search of her master who was captured by Mildred. She is apparently friends with Kira, however insufferable she may be, and they often work together.
- The Ace: She's said to excel in all school subjects.
- Anime Chinese Girl: She's a Chinese Robot Girl designed for combat, uses kung fu, and the name of her moves are taken from The Four Gods. She also sports Odango Hair, has big Boobs of Steel, and wears a Qipao during one of her win poses.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Of the "robot girl" variety. Many of her moves are a series of punches and kicks.
- Boobs of Steel: Puns aside, she has the largest measurements of the entire playable cast and is the most physically oriented fighter of the cast.
- Chef of Iron: Almost literal example. Her backstory says she has thousands of years worth of Chinese recipes programed into her, on top being a robot who can kick your ass.
- The Comically Serious: She's The Stoic with a creator who is a total oddball. She obeys all of Mei-Ling's bizarre orders with a completely straight face, not understanding how odd they are.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: In her side story, she dishes out one to Kira when she tries to walk away from Mei-Ling's field trip.
- The Four Gods: Some of her special moves are based on them.
- Gainaxing: Her fighting stance and one her win poses contains this.
- Genius Bruiser: She's stated to be very intelligent in school, and is the most physically focused character in the game.
- Humans Are Morons: One of her lines implies that she might think this:"Why must we settle this with our fists? You humans perplex me."
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Mecha!: One of her super moves involves her transforming into a giant mech.
- Leotard of Power: Wears one with the top part of a Chinese dress jacket worn over it. "Top part", as in just the collar and sleeves, to better display her assets.
- Lightning Bruiser: She has some decent speed and has powerful combos at her disposal. She's very strictly a close-range fighter though.
- Magitek: She is a robot whose construction involved using magic.
- Ms. Fanservice: Has the biggest breasts of the cast, and wears a leotard that barely covers her backside.
- Pick Your Human Half: Of the "looks human, acts robotic" variety. Aside from the cables sticking out of her head, she can pass for a human, but she's rather unemotional.
- Playing with Fire: Outside of her Arcana, she has Elemental Punches what set her fists on fire.
- Robot Girl: She's an android and is among the most fanservice-oriented characters in the series.
- Shout-Out: Some palette swaps make her resemble Noel Vermilion, Litche Faye-Ling (also a buxom Chinese fighter), Hatsune Miku and Hsien-Ko.
- Statuesque Stunner: At 171 cm.
- The Stoic: She is a robot, after all, much to the disappointment of Mei Ling since she did encode most of her own personality into her.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: The Straight Man to Mei-Ling's Wise Guy.
- Supreme Chef: According to her backstory, Mei-Ling has over 4,000 years worth of Chinese recipes programmed into her. Also doubles as a literal Chef of Iron.
- Thong of Shielding: Front and back, even.
- The Unfettered: She was very determined to find her owner, to the point of fighting any other characters to gain info.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: Asks Heart this in one of her winquotes in 3.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has blue hair.
- Younger than She Looks: She is technically three years old.
Default Arcana: Tempestas
Voiced by: Mayako Nigo
A half-demon who lives with her father. She usually goes about searching for fun, and shrugs off work. She was apparently offered some kind of "deal" from Mildred, which she (obviously) rejects.
- Adults Are Useless: Subverted in her ending for 3, where her demon dad helps the heroes find a way to turn Fiona back into a human. Granted, Lilica basically had to brow-beat her dad into helping, but it's still something.
- And This Is for...: In the third game, if you fight Yoriko before Lilica, she'll say, "This is for Yoriko! Now prepare to die!"
- Bare Your Midriff: She has her zipper opened enough to show that and her upper stomach.
- Blow You Away: Tempestas has the power of wind.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Has shades of this as she prefers to have fun.
- But Not Too Foreign: Is half-Polish, though one of her nationalities is most likely a cover-up for her father's origin.
- The Chick: Of Heart's Five-Man Band, alongside Saki, Maori, and Yoriko, though she's just as effective an Action Girl as the others.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She's a half-demon, but seems to be a good (if mischievous) girl, though her hedonistic and narcissistic tendencies could also add traits from the other.
- Difficult, but Awesome: She requires a very good mastery of all her moves in order to be played well.
- Fragile Speedster: She's very fast and can zip around the stage a lot, but she goes down rather quickly if you catch her.
- The Gadfly: She has a penchant for pulling pranks on people.
- Genki Girl: She's very energetic and free-spirited, fitting of her element.
- Girlish Pigtails: She sports a pair.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half-human, half-demon.
- The Hedonist: She would rather have fun than do any of her responsibilities.
- Human Mom, Non-Human Dad: Her father is a demon.
- I Call It "Vera": She calls her rollerblades "Wilde".
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She's a self-centered, hedonistic, and borderline narcissist who has a tendency to torment others for fun, but she does care for Yoriko.
- Lack of Empathy: She cares so much about herself that it comes at the expense of virtually everything else.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: In the third game, should you lose, one of her quotes on the Continue screen has her saying this."Oh, come on now... You know losing a game just causes stress. How can that be fun...?"
- Ms. Fanservice: She wears a Stripperiffic outfit consisting of a sleeveless jacket with her zipper down, a sports bra, bike shorts, and one of her win poses has her whipping her jacket off and blowing a kiss.
- Narcissist: She pretty much cares only of herself to the point of being oblivious of anything that's not herself.
- Pointy Ears: She has them due to being half demon.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Yoriko's blue.
- Rollerblade Good: She wears rollerblades.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: She removes her jacket in one of her win poses.
Default Arcana: Gier
Voiced by: Yoko Honda
A girl who lost her family (unknowingly, by her own hands), and whose older sister Elfriede's body was placed on a puppet she carries around. She was hired by Mildred to capture Heart.
- Aloof Ally: She becomes this later on in the series.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: She's a guiet girl, who is also an assassin.
- Blob Monster: Gier manifests as this.
- Broken Bird: After losing her family, Lieselotte was emotionally scarred and she became a cold-hearted assassin.
- Casting a Shadow: Gier has the power of darkness.
- Creepy Child: She's unsettlingly emotionless and quiet, wanted criminal in another dimension, and carries around a legless puppet with her sister's spirit trapped inside. And she's only ten years old. Yeah, pretty creepy.
- Difficult, but Awesome: One of the trickier characters to use, but gets deadly once well played.
- Easily Forgiven: Heart is surprisingly cool with the fact that Lieselotte tried to kidnap her in the first game, and in Lieselotte's story actually succeeds. Then again, it is Heart.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: She dresses in gothic lolita fashion.
- Emotionless Girl: As she is an assassin.
- Enfante Terrible: Don't underestimate her for being a 10-year-old girl; she's cold-blooded assassin.
- HeelFace Turn: She's still the "creepy" member of the cast, but over time, she's mellowed out from cold-blooded assassin to Aloof Ally.
- Improbable Age: She's a ten-year-old assassin.
- Knight of Cerebus: Even post HeelFace Turn, she's a far more serious character compared to the rest of the cast with very few comical moments.
- Parasol of Pain: She uses her umbrella as a Magic Wand to cast the spells of her Arcana.
- Parasol Parachute: She enters matches by floating down with her parasol.
- Psychic Powers: Apparently, she has these, as Maori states astonishment over her apparent powers. Additionally, the LOVE MAX SIX STARS!!!!! website claims she controls her doll through telekinesis.
- Puppet Fighter: She can throw out a legless marionette out of the briefcase to intiate this type of gameplay. The doll normally moves by the directional inputs and attacks by button inputs, though Lieselotte can set up markers to make the doll do different actions on her own. The doll can only take three hits unless recalled, after which she becomes unable to move, requiring you to use a super to revive her. Her Arcana of Shadow, Gier, also behaves likes this. If you hold down the button as you are doing one of its special attacks, you can control Gier to make it move as a shadow around the field to go into a position to attack.
- Red Baron: "The Crimson-Eyed Puppeteer".
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Especially when she can confuse you by just staring at you with her red eyes.
- Rei Ayanami Expy: A stoic, cold-hearted, creepy young girl with short silver hair, red eyes and pale skin.
- Self-Made Orphan: She killed her own parents, but she doesn't know it.
- Shout-Out: Two of her palette swaps make her resemble Rachel Alucard and Kanaria.
- Sibling Team: Subverted, since her sister Elfriede is a doll, making her similar to Carl Clover. In truth, Elfriede is very much alive but amnesiac as "Zenia Valov".
- The Stoic: Doesn't talk much unless it's necessary.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: She wears a head dress, with a red ribbon on both sides of it.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: A 10-year-old girl shouldn't be a creepy assassin who killed her own family.
- Vampire Vords: This is how she speaks in the original Arcana Heart.
- White Hair, Black Heart: She is a ruthless assassin who has silver hair.
Default Arcana: Dieu Mort
Voiced by: Yui Itsuki
A young occult fangirl who summoned her staff, Mike, from a spell. Unfortunately, she cannot control him that well, and as a result, she often gets into fights due to his manners.
- Alliterative Name Yoriko Yasuzumi.
- All Witches Have Cats: Aside of being a staff, Mike can transform into a cat for convenience.
- Butt-Monkey: Her entire fighting style has Yoriko being dragged around by Mike, much to her misfortune.
- Cute Witch: She's a cute girl who's into the occult.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Even though she is interested in occultism and her main Arcana is the Arcana of Evil, Yoriko is a really nice girl. And while Mike can be insufferable, if people acknowledge his true greatness, he isn't that bad of a guy.
- Dog Walks You: One of the biggest problems with Mike, aside from just about everything, is that he has a bad habit of literally dragging poor Yoriko around on what amounts to demonic joyrides. It's so bad that virtually every pre-fight quote made by Yoriko is screaming at her opponent to get out of the way, because she can't stop Mike's current rampage.
- Empathic Weapon: Mike usually takes a form of a staff, which Yoriko has to carry around.
- Heroic Sacrifice:
- In the original game, Yoriko's bad ending has Mike staying behind in Mildred's castle to shield Yoriko and Lilica from the blast.
- In the third game, he makes another one in Yoriko's bad ending where he attempts to shield her and Lilica from Ragnarok destroying Japan.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Not her, but Mike, the self-proclaimed "demon king" sealed in Yoriko's staff. He's abrasive, boastful, and often callous (he's the one responsible for Yoriko's pact with the Death Arcana, which terrifies her), but he's also intensely protective of Yoriko, and seems to cause her inconvenience only out of denseness.
- Meganekko: She's a cute, smart, shy girl with glasses.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her braid is as long as she's tall.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Lilica's and Mike's red.
- Robe and Wizard Hat: Or in her case, a cape and wizard hat which are created by Mike. The cape even has arms which Mike can use.
- Shout-Out: Three of her alternate colors make her look like Chitose Akiyama, Lambda-11 and Tomoko Hoshina. Another makes her resemble Louise!
- Shrinking Violet: Yoriko is very shy and awkward. This puts her at a huge contrast with Mike.
- The Smart Girl: To Heart's Five-Man Band, alongside Saki, Maori and Lilica.
- Trademark Favorite Food: French crullers are Mike's main source of nutrition (and motivation).
Default Arcana: Niptra
Voiced by: Hiromi Tsunakake
- Anime Hair: Apart from the fact that it's dark blue, it also looks like she has cat ears/horns.
- Big Bad Wannabe: She wants to Take Over the World. Nobody takes her seriously, with her efforts being thwarted by Mei Ling Hua without much effort.
- But Not Too Foreign: Is half-American.
- Butt-Monkey: Despite having a PhD, the majority of the cast don't really take her seriously, usually calling her an idiot. The few people who actually respect her are Catherine and Mei-Fang. On top of this, she often gets humiliated in her endings after stopping whatever threat was present in the game, with 3 being the only exception, but she gets humiliated in Catherine and Dorothy's endings instead.
- Child Prodigy: She is only 11 years old, but already has a PhD. In elemental science, and has since constructed her own sentient ball of slime that can do anything she wants it to.
- Crippling Overspecialization: She excels in science and related subjects. Anything else, not so much.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Why does she want to Take Over the World? It's because that after earning her PhD at an American university, she was forced to go back to grade school after returning to Japan.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Justified, considering she's perpetually swimming in her water blob, an action generally easier to do barefoot.
- Enfante Terrible: She's an 11-year-old that wants to take over the world.
- Everyone Has Standards: She wants to rule the world, and is disgusted by the kind of destruction Mildred and Ragnarok would cause.
- Evil Laugh: She does this all the time. She even does one after her Critical Heart Break. She also has one during of her victory poses.
- Failure Is the Only Option: Her attempts at world domination are all doomed to fail. Nothing she does puts her any closer than the day she started.
- Harmless Villain: It doesn't matter what she does, even her own storylines treat her plans at world domination as futile. She isn't even able to pull off anything evil.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Where her nice side is really hard to come by, Kira's interactions does show that she does value her friends to a certain degree.
- Horned Hairdo: Parts of her hair is raised up to make it look like she has pair of small horns (or cat ears, depending how you look at it).
- Improbable Age: Earned her PhD at the tender age of eleven.
- Improbable Weapon User: She uses an articial blob of water in which she swims.
- Insufferable Genius: She certainly loves flaunting her knowledge to people.
- Mad Scientist: Despite her young age, having created the blob she uses to fight and also aided in building Mei-Fang.
- Making a Splash: Her default Arcana.
- Mighty Glacier: And by extension, Glacier Waif. She's slow but her moves does a lot a damage.
- Morally Ambiguous Doctorate: She's quite morally questionable, plans to take over the world, and is unusually young to have a doctorate.
- Pragmatic Villainy: The reason why she ends up fighting the other villains is that they are trying to destroy the world she is trying to conquer.
- School Swimsuit: Practically the only costume you ever see her wear in the series. Even when she's not fighting with her water blob, she is always wearing one.
- Small Name, Big Ego: She is a genius but she has a greatly inflated sense of importance. She is so self entitled that she wants to Take Over the World over being sent back to school. Catherine's ending in the third game demonstrates that outside of science and other related subjects, Kira's hilariously inept.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Daidouji/Daidohji.
- Take Over the World: Her stated goal.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Milk is essentially her fuel.
- Walking Swimsuit Scene: Kind of justified since she's in a water blob. That said, she wears it everywhere, even if she's not fighting, occasionally wearing a labcoat over it.
- What the Hell, Player?: She gets very upset with the player on the Continue screen should you lose with her."You do realize it's YOUR fault that I lost?! If you have even a sliver of decency left in your blackened little soul, you'll continue! So, what are you waiting for?!"
- Wrestler in All of Us: Played with — the water blob does all the fighting for her, but she controls its movements by mimicking fighting moves.
Default Arcana: Orichalcos
Voiced by: Maria Yamamoto
A British girl whom Saki befriend and was captured by Mildred in what was termed the "Mayfield Incident". She serves her mistress loyally, largely thinking of her as a friend. In any other route in 1, she is the penultimate opponent.
- Apologetic Attacker: Her down-forward strong attack is accompanied by a heartfelt "I'm sorry!" as she smacks her opponent up into the air with her BFS:"Excalibur! GOMENASAI!"
- Ass Kicks You: If you charge her neutral E move, Fiona launches herself butt-first at the enemy.
- BFS: Wields a sword that's larger than she is.
- Blessed with Suck: She has eternal youth after becoming an etheral, but it also means she can only stay in the human world for short periods. She opposes Mildred's plan to merge the Elemental World with the human one, feeling that nobody should be forced to live like she does.
- Cassandra Truth: Saki doesn't initially believe her when Fiona says who she is since Fiona vanished years ago and she hasn't aged a day.
- Cute Bruiser: She's a cute girl who also wields a massive sword.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: She's quite clumsy.
- Difficult, but Awesome: Her level 3 is a rekka that not only has two types of complicated inputs (in the first and last parts of the chain), but the last part of the chain requires strict timing. That said, it hits for 75% damage when done properly.
- The Dragon: To Mildred in the first game, serving as the penultimate opponent in each storyline besides her own. Though in Fiona's own story, she betrays Mildred after learning about her plan as Fiona feels forcing anybody to live like she does is a curse.
- Extra-ore-dinary: Orichalcos has the power of metal.
- Failure Is the Only Option: Her attempts at becoming human again fail each game.
- Girlish Pigtails: She sports a pair.
- Glacier Waif: Would you believe that a short girl like her can wield such a huge sword?
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Her goal throughout the series is to become human again so she can return to the human world.
- Meido: She wears the classic maid outfit.
- Ninja Maid: She can competently swing a zweihander as big as she is for the game's strongest (but slow) normals.
- Older Than She Looks: She stopped aging after she was pulled into the Elemental World, so while she's approximately as old as Saki, she still looks like a little girl.
- Prone to Tears: Almost always ends up crying after losing.
- Shout-Out: Two of her palette swaps resemble Alice Margatroid (as she appears in the PC-98 games) and May.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: In her ending in the third game, Angelia and Mildred reveal they can create a small rift to the human world. It won't allow Fiona to stay for more than a day, but it means she can at least spend some time home.
Voiced by: Yukiko Kikuchi
A woman with an ambition of merging the human and elemental worlds and gain god-like powers. She is fought at the end of any route, and, unsurprisingly, is the hardest character to beat in the whole game, given that she has many unblockable attacks.
- Absolute Cleavage: Her outfit shows a lot of cleavage.
- Affably Evil: Always polite when she meets the other girls. Her treatment of Fiona, however, seems more than just politeness.
- All Your Powers Combined: She has a selection of all the best moves from all of the game's Arcana. This includes special moves that are supers if used by a playable character.
- Angelic Beauty: In her Archangel form. Not that she wasn't attractive before.
- Assist Character: Acts as one to Angelia when she is fought as a boss in the second game.
- The Atoner: Around the events of 3, she feels bad of everything she has done and wishes to use her immortality to undo her mistakes, first thing being fulfilling Fiona's wish properly.
- Badass Finger Snap: Her main animation when attacking in the original game. She snaps her fingers, and a special attack from an Arcana gets used.
- Beam Spam: A given due to her being the final boss of the first game.
- Big Bad: She's the main antagonist of the first game.
- Big Little Sister: You see Angelia down on the page? Yeah, that is her big sister. Justified as where Angelia stopped aging and growing due of becoming ethereal, Mildred had chance to grow about seven years.
- Discard and Draw: Her first form has use a pair of orbs that do all the fighting while she is in a cocoon. After transforming into her Archangel form, she ditches the orbs and fights using a selection of attacks from the game's Arcana. When acting as an Assist Character to Angelia in the second game, her attacks are limited to kicking the player. When used a selectable Arcana in the third game, all of her attacks are light based.
- Drunk on the Dark Side: More like drunk on the light side, but after becoming an Archangel, she quickly loses all pretense of wanting anything but to destroy mankind:Ha-ha-ha-ha! Ive never felt so alive! The world seems so vivid! I see now what it's like to evolve! All other life is inferior! You're dirt- no, LESS than dirt! No one can stop the worlds from merging now!! Soon, my plans will be complete. Ill be the creator of a new world, and all will know my name!!
- Et Tu, Brute?: In Fiona's bad ending in the original game, Mildred is geniunally hurt by Fiona's betrayal.
- Ex-Big Bad: After the first game. She is still antagonist in the second game. By the third game she has become an ally.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: Prior to her HeelFace Turn, she was incapable of understanding why Fiona wanted to become human again or why anybody wouldn't want to be an etheral.
- Evil Is Bigger: She's the Big Bad of the original game and the tallest character (though Mei-Fang is stated to be heavier).
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Mildred is the Responsible sibling to Angelia's Foolish.
- A God Am I: Not quite a God, but when she gets the powers of an Archangel, she starts saying things pretty much along this line:What is this feeling? Is this Is this what its like to become an Archangel? The power of the Elementals is within me!! I am eternal!!!
- Gold and White Are Divine: In her Archangel form, her outfit is mostly white with gold lines. Her hair is also gold.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: After her HeelFace Turn.
- HeelFace Turn: By the third game.
- Knight of Cerebus: In the original game. The only comical moment is in Konoha's storyline due to Konoha getting lost in Mildred's motive rant.
- Knight Templar: In the original game. She believes she is making the world a better place by merging it with the Elemental World and doesn't care if the rest of humanity doesn't want it.
- Large Ham: Once she becomes an Archangel, she starts hamming things up.
- Light 'em Up: Discards her selection of other Arcana's attacks after the first game in favor of only using light based ones.
- Light Is Not Good: She becomes an Archangel yet she want to cause a radical change to the world, not caring about the consequences or brushing them off.
- Lightning Bruiser: She's not especially quick with her regular movement speed. However, with her teleportation, it's a moot point. This is on top of her having far more health than any playable character, to the point where she can take off bigger chunks of a player's lifebar with her specials than they can with their supers.
- Ms. Fanservice: She wears a skintight outfit that does nothing to hide her cleavage.
- Not Quite the Right Thing: Her way of helping Fiona to reunite with everyone else was to turn everyone else into ethereal like Fiona, mainly because she never considered the possibility that someone might not want to be one.
- Pet the Dog: Her treatment of Fiona. She genuinely cares for the latter. As a result, Mildred is not happy whenever Angelia abuses Fiona for her own amusement.
- Power Floats: In her Archangel form, she floats instead of walking. The only times you will see her touch the ground is when she's knocked to it.
- Power Makes Your Hair Grow: Achieving her Archangel form causes her hair to go from short to stretching down to her feet.
- Powers Do the Fighting: In the original game, she doesn't use her hands and relies entirely on Arcana special moves. Her attack animations either consist of a Badass Finger Snap or swings her arm foward depending one what attack she's using. She doesn't even hold her arm up during a block animation. She ironically does start using physical attacks when she is an Assist Character to Angelia in the second game.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her short hair becomes very long after she transforms into an Archangel.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: As part of her transformation into an Archangel, she gains blood red eyes, in contrast to her initial blue eyes.
- Smug Super: When she becomes an Archangel, she quickly becomes drunk on her new found power. She grows out of it.
- SNK Boss: She has access to all the moves of the Arcana, has far more health than a normal character, and dishes out more damage with her special moves than normal characters can do to her with a super move. To top it all off, she has a screen filling super move of her own that does more damage than any other attack in the game.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Avallone/Avalon.
- Straight Man: In 3, Mildred is occasionally quite beleaguered when it comes to Angelia's actions.
- Time-Limit Boss: She can't be defeated by letting the timer running out, if they happens the player gets a bad ending because that gives time for Mildred's ritual to break the barrier between worlds.
- Took a Level in Kindness: She drops her villainous behavoir and wants to find how she can truly find a way for Fiona to return to the human world.
- Utopia Justifies the Means: Thinks that merging the human and Elemental Worlds would give mankind salvation, nevermind the fact millions would outright die during the merge.
- Vile Villain, Saccharine Show: She is a villain who wants to radically alter the world in a manner that is implied will kill millions of people.
- Villain Has a Point: In the original game, when Fiona expects Mildred to be able to make her human, Mildred points out that she didn't promise that. She said Fiona would be able to see her family again, and Fiona just believed what she wanted to hear.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: It's revealed in 3 that her actions were her means of trying to reunite with her sister.
- Winged Humanoid: She can turn her long hair into angelic wings.
Mei Ling Hua
Voiced by: Juri Takita
The professor who built Mei-Fang. While not a playable character, she does have a presence in each game.
- Ascended Extra: After only having a brief appearance in each game's story mode, she is prominently featured in Mei-Fang's side story.
- Child Prodigy: In Mei-Fang's text story, Mei Ling states she kepted skipping grades and before she knew it she was at a university.
- Cloudcuckoolander: She is, wierd. She gets ideas that Catherine, having experienced being around her, says there is no point int trying to make sense of.
- Fourth-Wall Observer: When in a hotspring she comments about how nobody will be able to see anything thanks to the steam so everything will be conveyed through dialouge. Mei-Fang is naturally confused.
- Odango Hair: Much like her creation, though she only has one bun.
- Motherly Scientist: At the very least she sees Mei-Fang as being her "daughter" and sometimes concerns herself with the decisions she did when creating her such as her needing to resort to military funding to create the Celestial Engine or how she created it out of hubris.
- Psycho Lesbian: She invites Kira, Dorothy and Catherine into hot springs, or more accurately, forces them, just so she can look at their bodies. She wanted to feel them up until Mei-Fang pointed out that it would mean they would never trust her again.
- Pygmalion Plot: The way she behaves around Mei-Fang sometimes goes past "motherly" and starts to approach this trope.
- Reluctant Mad Scientist: In the first game, she is made to work for Mildred to advance her goals, though she didn't necessarily get kidnapped as Mei-Fang assumed as she willingly agreed to help Mildred for materials she could use to upgrade Mei-Fang. She did put a failsafe mechanism in case the dimension merge would happen, though if you get the Bad Ending it ends up failing.
- Satellite Character: She's an NPC whose significance is mostly defined by her relation to Mei-Fang. She almost never appears without Mei-Fang.
- Serious Business: Field trips. She never got to go on any in her youth because she skipped through grades so quickly, but even putting that aside she takes them too seriously.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: Is the Wise Guy to Mei-Fang's Straight Man.
Debuting in Arcana Heart 2
Petra Johanna Lagerkvist
Default Arcana: Zilrael (Holy)
Voiced by: Marina Inoue
Daughter of the influential Lagerkvist family. On the second Elemental World incident triggered by Angelia, she travels to Kanto to investigate, assisted by nuns Elsa and Clarice in her endeavors.
- Big Good: Can be seen as this in 3 as she is the head of the family that actively opposes the Drexler Institute.
- Guns Akimbo: Uses twin handguns in battle, making her similar to Noel Vermillion, although Petra is far more sophisticated and confident.
- High-Class Gloves: She wears a pair of arm length gloves.
- Holy Hand Grenade: She uses attack white magic. Her default Arcana Zilrael also uses light elemental attacks.
- Impossibly-Low Neckline: Her dress only covers the bottom two thirds of her chest, but doesn't slip.
- Mega Twintails: Wears her hair in two enormous drill twintails that are bigger than her own body.
- Ojou: She's frigging rich.
- Panty Shot: One of her supers seem to serve as nothing but accidentally reveal her panties while she kicks the enemy.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her twintails are long enough to fall past her knees.
- Shout-Out: Two of her palette swaps make her look like Fate/stay night's Rin Tohsaka (as "Kaleido Ruby") and Mami Tomoe from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, herself a gunslinger.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: She wears a white rose hair decoration in her hair.
- What the Hell, Player?: Some of her quotes on the Continue screen are quite possibly the harshest:"It appears that you are...incapable...of pleasing me. ...I am seriously disappointed in your pathetic efforts."
Default Arcana: Almacia
Voiced by: Kaori Shimizu
Amnesiac, no-nonsense Russian Special Forces agent sent to investigate Angelia's rampage in Kanto, and ends up clashing with Kamui. Beneath her tough exterior is a Friend to All Children who is somewhat fond of plushies.
- Aloof Big Sister: For Lieselotte, but neither of them knew until recently.
- Badass Longcoat: Sports a kickass black longcoat, supporting her appearance as a very powerful fighter.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: She is a capable fighter despite not saying much.
- Charged Attack: A couple of her specials can be charged up with the Edinorog gauge, and the damage varies depending on where you stop the charge. Landing on green deals the minimum damage, landing on orange deals higher damage, and landing on the thin blue area deals the maximum damage. One of her supers also makes it so that her next charged special is always at maximum power.
- Everything's Better with Penguins: Her main Arcana, Almacia, is a penguin, and seems to like them as much as Kamui.
- Extremity Extremist: She uses very few kicks and mostly relies on punches and her pilebunker.
- Face Palm Of Doom: Her Critical Heart.
- Fingerless Gloves: She wears a pair.
- Friend to All Children: She's surprisingly good with children.
- I Call It "Vera": Her pilebunker is named "Edinorog" (Russian for "unicorn"), and even Zenia sometimes remarks that its blood is boiling.
- An Ice Person: Her default Arcana, Almacia, use the power of ice.
- Long-Lost Relative: She is actually Elfriede Achenbach, Lieselotte's older sister, separated at birth and given a complete memory wash. She learned this from Petra at the end of 3 and returned to Lieselotte for a short time.
- Mystical White Hair: She kinda fits this in that she has silver hair and her origin is completely shrouded in mystery.
- Power Fist: Augmented by a pilebunker gauntlet.
- The Quiet One: She generally only talks when necessary and when she does, she only says what she needs to say.
- Rei Ayanami Expy: She has silver hair, red eyes, pale skin, a mysterious past, and is very stoic.
- Shout-Out: Some of her alternate colors resemble Iori Yagami, Vanessa, Nina Antalk and Riza Hawkeye.
- Slipknot Ponytail: She removes it during one of her winposes, which reveals her long hair. This also happens if she loses via a super move.
- Statuesque Stunner: At 174 cm, she's the tallest character in the series.
- The Stoic: She doesn't say much unless it's necessary. Just like her little sister Lieselotte.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Cold and efficient, yet shows her warmer side to children and Lieselotte.
- Too Many Belts: Has three belts in each of her boots and one hanging from her longcoat.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cookies.
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: She looks like an older version of her little sister Lieselotte.
Elsa La Conti
Default Arcana: Koshmar
Voiced by: Kaya Miyake
A nun who assists Petra during the second Elemental World incident. She joined the Western Europe Spirit Sector after losing her family to a demon attack. She is very straight forward and sometimes too strict on herself.
- Berserk Button: She does not like to be called old.
- Church Militant: She's a demon slaying nun.
- Dark and Troubled Past: It's not exactly harped upon in the story, but the reason Elsa joined the Western Europe Spirit Branch was because demons murdered her family.
- Demon Slaying: She used to be an undiscriminating demon slayer when she was still mortal to the point where even her allies were afraid of her. Not that she minded. It wasn't until she met Clarice that she mellowed down greatly.
- Depleted Phlebotinum Shells: Pulls out a magical gun for her Critical Heart.
- Expy: The gun and cross aside, her other physical weapons? Holy Water, a whip, a stake, and a bible. Sounds like we have a lost Belmont.
- Fire-Forged Friends: She first met Clarice after being ordered to kill her by her employers. The battle ended badly for both, and their lives were saved by their respective Arcanas.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: She views herself in a really bad light, constantly saying that she is worthless and trying to make up for it by working way harder than she should. Usually many of her friends have to tell her that she shouldn't be so strict on herself.
- Holy Hand Grenade: She can Consecrate a certain area with few of her move sand the release holy energy from them.
- Immortality: Became immortal after the battle against Clarice and making a deal with Koshmar.
- Improbable Weapon User: She normally fights with an oversized cross named Crux.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She practically eats nothing but red bean pastries.
- Unorthodox Reload: Her Critical Heart first requires you to make do an input to make her flip a bullet like a coin and then do another input to make her draw out a Handcannon and let the bullet fall into the chamber. And if you do the enhanced version, she catches the spent shell with her gun to fire it again.
- Van Helsing Hate Crimes: In the past, she used to detest demons for what they did to her family. Even after mellowing down, she still has to manually control herself when interacting with them.
- Whip It Good: One of her moves is to lash out a whip.
Clarice di Lanza
Default Arcana: Sorwat
Voiced by: Sayaka Ohara
A nun who assists Petra during the second Elemental World incident. She used to be a noblewoman in the elemental world, but boredom drove her to switch allegiances, and later became an agent of the Western Europe Spirit Sector after a rough encounter with Elsa.
- Absurdly Sharp Claws: She can apparently claw through the air with her fingernails.
- Berserk Button: Call her old, and she gets visibly mad at you. Harm her friends and she will come after you to take revenge. Harm Elsa and she will rip you to pieces.
- Cast from Hit Points: Some of Sorwat's attacks cost a bit of Clarice's health.
- Church Militant: Looks like a nun and does combat, even though she's a demon and thus should be rooting for the other side.
- Cloudcuckoolander: She's certainly quite quirky.
- Cool Big Sis: Seems to act as one for the other sisters in her convent, if one of her win poses is any indication.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Even though she's a demon, she is generally nice and soft-spoken.
- Fire-Forged Friends: She first met Elsa after the latter was ordered to kill her by her employers. The battle ended badly for both, and their lives were saved by their respective Arcanas.
- Eyes Always Shut: If those eyes open, beware. The ground even shakes when her eyes open for added effect.
- Fragile Speedster: The most frail character this side of Scharlachrot, but she also has one of the fastest attacks in the game.
- Immortality: She became immortal after her battle against Elsa and making a deal with Sorwat.
- Life Drain: Clarice can create a circle around her that passively drains the health of the opponent.
- Naughty Nun: Not only is she a nun, she is also quite impure, starting from her demon heritage and her light and very playful personality, not to mention her Arcana, which represents Sin.
- Nun Too Holy: Besides the fact that she's a demon, or perhaps because of that fact, she tends to act immoral at times, though she usually means well.
- Psychotic Smirk: On the extremely rare occasion that she opens her eyes, her benevolent looking smile evolves into one. Simply put, you don't want this.
- Rapunzel Hair: All the way down to her waist.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: When her eyes open, her red eyes are quite sinister.
- Say It with Hearts: Or musical tones, if her text is any indication.
- Shout-Out: Some of her alternate colors make her look like Rosette Christopher (herself another combat nun), CC, Bridget and Index Librorum Prohibitorum.
- Summon Magic: Two of her supers has her summoning a demon called Chromatius.
Default Arcana: Median
Voiced by: Ai Matayoshi
A Japanese-American who fights with a huge robot of her own design named Terry Yodogawa. Despite her comical appearance, she is a genius prodigy who enrolled in MIT's College of Spirit Research at the age of ten. Arcana is Median, the Arcana of Magnetism.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Quite literally; she's an eccentric inventor who went to MIT, which means she's really damn smart. She also has actual bunny ears.
- But Not Too Foreign: She is Japanese-American.
- Child Prodigy: She has built a fully functional multi-purpose Magitek Mini-Mecha. She is only ten years old.
- Companion Cube: She sometimes talks to Yodogawa like it was a person.
- Crippling Overspecialization: Like Kira, she's excellent at science, and terrible at any subject outside of it.
- Does Not Like Shoes: It's hard to tell when she's in her mech, since her feet generally aren't visible, but whenever she's KO'd or hops out, then yep, she's barefoot.
- Eagleland: Combined with her Kansai Regional Accent and Phenotype Stereotype appearance, she's pretty much a personification of how Japan views Americans as.
- Foil: To Kira.
- Improbable Age: Enrolled at MIT when she was ten.
- Leotard of Power: Wears a red one and nothing else, unless you count her hat.
- Kansai Regional Accent: Which is pretty impressive when you consider that she's actually Japanese-American. And yes, her decidedly non-American accent gets lampshaded occasionally. Apparently, she picked up said accent from living with her grandmother.
- Mini-Mecha: It is called "Terry Yodogawa". Not quite large enough to be Humongous Mecha, but large enough to make her the tallest character in the cast.
- Morality Pet: Of sorts, to Kira. Catherine is one of the few people who actually like the arrogant genius girl. And while Kira seems to find her annoying, she does ocassionally refer to her as her friend.
- Odd Friendship: With Kira. Despite their differring personalities they get along quite well.
- Shout-Out: Her design and color scheme pretty much screams of a loli, non-pudgy Dr. Eggman.
- Stuff Blowing Up: All of her supers has something blowing up, be it a Cartoon Bomb, a miniature drone of Yodogawa called Minigawa, multiple firework missiles, or the Yodogawa itself creating the explosion.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Okonomiyaki and takoyaki, rooting back to her family roots in Osaka.
- Walking Swimsuit Scene: Much like Kira.
Default Arcana: Heliogabalus
Voiced by: Yuu Kobayashi
An American magus who works in Las Vegas as stage magician "Dorothy the Wizard". She has a strong sense of justice and helps the American Spirit Department whenever she can.
- Black Magician Girl: She's stage magician who dabbles in black magic.
- Boyish Short Hair: To the point where she could easily be mistaken for a boy.
- Cane Fu: Her attacks aside of cards are consist of attacking with her cane. Her down air B is even a pogo cane!
- Death Dealer: Her specials involves using giant playing cards to attack, and they even have a special mechanism where having five cards on the screen has her "dealing them out", with the attack base on what hand you got.
- Gratuitous English: She is from North America, but still:Shall we go?!One, two, three!It's showtime!
- Improbable Age: Was the youngest fighter in the series until Eko appeared, and at the age of nine, she's a popular stage magician in Las Vegas.
- In the Blood: Her mother was magician and worked for Celestial Union and her father was acrobat and a thief, paving her way to being a magician and a thief herself, while also helping the Celestial Union.
- Irony: Despite being a thief, some of her motivations in the story is to get something that was stolen from her. It's a Celestial Stone that was stolen by Lieselotte.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: By just looking at her, it is hard to tell right away that she's a girl.
- Lovable Rogue: Even though she's a thief, she steals for the sake of justice, and is really friendly outside of that.
- Magicians Are Wizards: Don't let her Stage Magician role fool you, her Arcana Magic is quite real.
- Master of Disguise: She can easily use her magic to change her costume on the spot to distract any incoming police.
- Power Copying: Her default Arcana, Heliogabalus, can mimic her opponent's attacks.
- Red Baron: "Phantom Oz".
- Shout-Out: Her overall theme and her familiars — a scarecrow, a tin man, and a lion — are all taken from The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. Also, one of her alternate colors resemble Carl Clover.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She absolutely hates cockroaches, to the point that even saying that word makes her creep out. Ironically, her Arcana is a ladybug, which gets pointed out at one point. She also fears octopi.
Default Arcana: Mildred
Voiced by: Eri Sendai
Mildred's sister bent on avenging the former's defeat.
- Age-Inappropriate Dress: All she seems to be wearing is a translucent shirt that is few sizes too big for her with no real suggestion for any underwear.
- Alliterative Name: Angelia Avallone.
- Avenging the Villain: She is Mildred's sister and has come to avenge her.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Oh yeah, she's quite the brat, despite being Mildred's older sister.
- Does Not Like Shoes: She never wears any shoes.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: She is actually as concern of finding a way to turn Fiona back to human as Mildred is. It's just that she doesn't want to reveal it to Fiona.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She's a Bratty Half-Pint, but underneath it she is a nice person. Though doesn't like to admit it.
- Light Is Not Good: You think she looks like a little angel? You will be surprised when you get to know her dark personality.
- Little Big Sister: She is actually Mildred's older sister. She stopped aging at the age of 10 after ascending to the Elemental world.
- Magical Barefooter: Since she constantly floats in midair, she doesn't need to wear shoes.
- Ojou Ringlets: Sports side locks with ringlets at the end.
- Older Than She Looks: Due to being in the magical world, her aging has stopped. She's actually older than Mildred.
- Promoted to Playable: The only final boss to become a playable character.
- Rapunzel Hair: It's as long as her body.
- Shout-Out: Some of her alternate colors evoke Taiga Aisaka, Shana, Rider (Medusa) and Ika Musume.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Avallone/Avalon.
- Use Your Head: Besides her "The Sparkle of Starlight" move, what has her ramming head first forwards, she also uses headbutts regularly outside of gameplay, which seems to be strong enough to knock down dinosaur-like creatures or shatter rock.
Debuting in Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2
Default Arcana: Kayatsuhime
Voiced by: Mai Hashimoto
Part of the Inuwakamaru clan that guards Kamui, which puts her as rivals with Konoha. Nazuna is the younger, and more responsible sister. She fights using her three sacred weapons Tsumiko (cane), Fusumi (crow), and Hayata (wolf).
- Canine Companion: Hayata, who is big enough to ride which also makes it a Horse of a Different Color.
- Carry a Big Stick: Tsukimo is essentially a large cane with a hammer-like head.
- Creepy Crows: Fusumi does have rather imitating appearance, not helped by that it is also an Attack Animal.
- Expy: Of Samurai Shodown's Nakoruru, what with the bird companion. She's actually a combination of both her forms and this is referenced with having palettes based on Nakoruru, her Bust palette, Rera and Rimururu for good measure.
- Full-Name Basis: She tends to refer Konoha as "Konoha Koinumaru", mainly as their rivalry is also rooted to their clan's history of serving the Millennial Guardian.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: While she can act really harsh on her sister Akane, she does still care for her. And while she is determined to defeat Konoha, she at least knows if she unnecessarily screwed something over her and tries to make up for it.
- Loyal Animal Companion: Two of them, one of which is a Noble Wolf.
- Little Bit Beastly: Has dog ears and tail.
- Petal Power: Kayatsuhime has the power of Blossoms.
- The Rival: To Konoha. Both of them compete for Kamui's attention. Kamui for her part stays out of it.
Default Arcana: Phenex
Voiced by: Mayumi Shindo
Nazuna's older, laidback sister. Despite her easygoing disposition, she's pretty competent at her job as a member of the Inuwakamaru clan.
- Big Sister Instinct: She is overprotective of her younger sister.
- Catchphrase: "Suggoi, suggoi". It doubles as a Title Drop.
- Cool Big Sis: Despite bumbling here and there.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: She likes slacking off, playing around and not taking things seriously. But when she takes it seriously, she really is that good.
- Freakiness Shame: She is embarrassed about her dog ears and tail and tries to constantly hide them.
- Kick Chick: Almost all of her attacks has her using her legs to attack.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: You know she means business once she stops taking things easy.
- Little Bit Beastly: Has dog ears and a tail.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Her default Arcana, Phenex, uses sound-based attacks.
- Magic Music: Akane loves to sing. And she's actually very good at it; matter of fact, her singing is what got her her Arcana to begin with.
Voiced by: Ryoko Ono
An elven girl, the Arcana of life, and the main antagonist of Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2. She was once human, a Swiss alchemist during the Renaissance. When she died, her soul went to the Arcana world, where she became the Arcana of Life. She refers to herself as the "Millennium Keeper", similar to how Kamui is called the "Millennium Guardian", and in fact has battled with Kamui several times in the past.
- All Your Powers Combined: Like Mildred, she borrows several attacks from other Arcana.
- Badass Cape: She wears one when she transforms into an elven girl.
- Big Bad: Of Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: How every fight against her tends to go. In her favor, of course. In 3, it's not uncommon for players going up against her to fail to land a single hit.
- Evil Is Bigger: By a hair. She's an inch taller than Mildred, making her the tallest character in the series, unless you count Ragnarok.
- Glass Cannon: Can deal ridiculous amounts of damage in even faster time, but a little bit of damage can knock her out. Now the problem is actually hitting her before her health regenerates...
- Healing Factor: What makes her so incredibly frustrating to fight against. She slowly but steadily regains health. If you can actually hit her, odds are she will regain the health while wailing on you.
- Hot Scientist: In her past life, she was an alchemist. She's a chemistry teacher in the modern day.
- Iconic Sequel Character: Thanks to her appearance in 3, she has become the most well known boss in the series, even though she didn't appear until the Updated Re-release of the second game.
- Meaningful Name: She's named after Swiss alchemist Theoprastus Paracelsus.
- Meganekko: Her default form before transforming sports glasses.
- Ms. Fanservice: Her clothing does nothing to hide her ample breasts, which are the largest next to Mei-Fang's, and she only has a square piece of cloth down below.
- Mystical White Hair: She is an elven girl with pinkish white hair.
- Her super moves are weaker in Arcana Heart 3 with her offensive one no longer being a One-Hit KO and the one that speeds up her regeneration doesn't heal her as quickly. This does not make her any easier as she has is given a Perfect-Play A.I. in that game.
- When she is summoned through her Extend Force, even putting aside the brief duration she is playable, her combo ability isn't anywhere near what she could do as a boss.
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist: She's an alchemist/chemistry teacher, yet creating Pistrix would require extensive knowledge of biology.
- Perfect-Play A.I.: Part of why she is so much harder in Arcana Heart 3. Her AI is far more aggressive and uses every one of her broken abilities to their fullest. She can and will kill the player before they can land a single blow.
- Physical God: She's the Arcana of Life.
- Pointy Ears: When she transforms into an elven girl.
- Power Floats: After transforming, she floats instead of walking.
- Powers Do the Fighting: Like Mildred, none of her attacks even involve physically touching her opponent, just causual gestues that give the feeling she isn't even trying.
- Promoted to Playable: Like Mildred before, she eventually became a usable Arcana. Unlike Mildred, who's merely an Assist Character, activating Extend Force allows you to take control of Parace for a limited amount of time.
- Really 700 Years Old: She was originally from the Renaissance, though exactly when isn't stated, but she should be over three hundred years old at least.
- SNK Boss: She tops even Mildred herself in the cheapness department. Her appearance in 3's Score Attack Mode has earned her the title as being one of the most ridiculous examples of this ever, possibly even putting most of SNK themselves to shame.
- Sexy Spectacles: She wears a pair in her human form.
- Stripperiffic: She only wears a cape, and one square piece of cloth protecting her modesty.
- Teleport Spam: In 3, she uses her teleport more than her regular movement. Even her animation where she gets back up after losing a round is done via teleport.
- Took a Level in Badass: Not that she wasn't a formidable opponent in her debut, but when she appeared in 3, her combo ability was dialed up to insane degrees and she has a Perfect-Play A.I.. It's not uncommon for matches to simply consist of her wailing on her opponent while they fail to even fight back.
- True Final Boss: Of Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2.
Debuting in Arcana Heart 3
Default Arcana: Gottfried (Sword/Týr)
Voiced by: Miyuki Sawashiro
An agent of "Valkyria", a branch of the Drexler Institute. She is fortunately saved by Petra and now works as her agent. She's out to save her fellow "Valkyria" agent Scharlachrot.
- Animal Mecha: Gottfried. It was actually a construct.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: She can summon blades onto her wrists as her main combat method.
- Human Weapon: She is one of third generation of Valkyries, people who were artificially given the powers of the Angels.
- Meaningful Name: Her name is pronounced Vice, and means White.
- Mystical White Hair: She has nearly white platinum-blonde hair, as befits her name. She's also a liberated experimental subject of a project trying to grant ordinary girls the power to channel Celestial Energy.
- No Social Skills: Knows next to nothing about society, having grown up in Drexler where she has barely any contact of the outside world. She is currently working to adjust.
- Not So Stoic: Has her own share of moments. Particularly, if it involves her friends.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Weiß is actually her codename, and everyone else other than Scharlachrot call her that. Scharlachrot is the only one to call her by her real name, which is Sophie.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: She wears black tights with her outfit.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair is as long as her body.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted. Despite her intimidating appearance, she's one of the more heroic characters in the game.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue oni to Heart and Scharlachrot's red oni.
- Rei Ayanami Expy: Light-colored hair? Check. Red eyes? Check. Pale skin? Check. Stoic behavior? Check. No Social Skills? Check. Used as a human test subject in her past? Check.
- One of her supers lets her ride one of her expanded-sized swords to attack her opponent, reminding many of Jin Kisaragi "surfing" on sword-shaped ice blocks. Her own theme, "White Valkyria", also sounds like Jin's "Lust SIN".
- Her design is also similar to Dark Saber, specializes in summoning blades out of thin air, and "Extend Force Critical Heart" brings to mind the legendary "Unlimited Blade Works".
- One of her Alternate Colors make her resemble Akemi Homura, and another resembles Bakemonogatari's Hitagi Senjougahara, specifically, from the anime.
- The Stoic: Most of the time.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: She's serious and stoic, but she cares deeply for her new friends and comrades.
Default Arcana: Saligrama (Luck)
Voiced by: Ayumi Tsuji (Eko) and Yoshimasa Hosoya (Kazu)
A girl with the power to bring life to her drawings, creating in the process her fighting twin Kazu.
- Art Initiates Life: Her power is to bring life to any immaterial object, her favorite use of which is on drawings. In particular, she's always accompanied by Kazu, her giant drawing.
- Cheerful Child: She is friendly and just wants to have fun.
- Girlish Pigtails: Both Eko and Kazu sports a pair.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Kazu is the Huge Guy to Eko's Tiny Girl.
- Improbable Infant Survival: Being such a tiny young girl, Eko does not get hurt in the story and in gameplay, with Kazu taking all the attacks for her.
- Make My Monster Grow: Eko's Critical Heart has Kazu grow humongous.
- The Nicknamer: She has nicknames to everyone in the cast besides Petra, Elsa and Clarice.
- Shoryuken: Mr. Prince.
- Shout-Out: Eko's Critical Heart resembles Suika Ibuki (from the Touhou Project fighting games)'s Spell Card Great Oni "Missing Purple Power". Also, one of her alternate costumes make her resemble Roll.
- Token Mini-Moe: She is the youngest character in the cast, and as such, the shortest one.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is purple.
Default Arcana: Baldur (Fang/Fenrir)
Voiced by: Yuki Matsuoka
A girl raised by the Drexler Institute alongside Weiß. Unlike the latter, however, she remains under Drexler's thrall, and has been released in order to hunt down Weiß.
- All-Encompassing Mantle: Her cape covers her body up in her official artwork.
- Ambiguously Gay: Her obsession with Weiß. She is the only person who matters to Scharlachrot.
- Animal Mecha: Her Arcana Baldur. Also artificially created.
- Anti Anti Christ: In her story mode, the Drexler Institute sent her to gather the Celestial Stones and use them to power Ragnarok. After she did her job, she stopped the weapon.
- Ax-Crazy: She gets a little bit better in her ending, but still can tip into this.
- Bare Your Midriff: Due to her outfit which consists of a bikini-style top and hot pants.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Drexler forced her to gather enough Celestial Stones to activate Ragnarok. In her story, once you defeat Weiß and Ragnarok powers up, she snaps out of it.
- Character Tic: Flicking her arm whenever she goes into an idle position.
- Chain Pain: Her main weapons include chains.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Her post-3 characterization has her more or less clinging into Weiß due of her being the only thing left what connects her to this world after the fall of the Institute.
- Death Seeker: Unless the player is using her, she awaits Ragnarok destroying her along with the rest of Japan.
- Disc-One Final Boss: Outside of her storyline. She is what drives the story mode of 3, but it's Rangarok that serves as the Final Boss.
- The Dog Bites Back: After delivering the Celestial Stones to fuel Ragnarok in her story mode, she instantly turns on it and swears to destroy it for everything Weiß was put through because of it.
- Evil Redhead: Due to her Ax-Crazy personality.
- Expy: She's an Ax-Crazy girl with a Psychotic Smirk, uses chains, occasionally has bouts where she's Laughing Mad, is one of the most evil characters in the series (as much as its standards go) who hates the world, and wants to use an Applied Phlebotinum for that purpose. Pretty much a less Faux Affably Evil Terumi.
- Fiery Redhead: Even after her HeelFace Turn, she can still get riled up pretty easily.
- HeelFace Turn: In her story mode, she can't disobey the orders she was brainwashed to follow, so she had to gather the celestial stones to power Ragnarok. Once she did her job, she stopped the weapon out revenge for Weiß suffering because of it.
- Human Weapon: She is one of third generation of Valkyries, people who were artificially given the powers of the Angels.
- Knight of Cerebus: The biggest one in the series so far. Not only does she have no comical moments, the introductions with her have her going berserk and trying to destroy all of Japan, including herself. Even if you play her story route, where she is more mellow, she still has no comical moments.
- Meaningful Name: Scharlachrot means "scarlet red", in reference to her hair/eye color as well as her bloodlust.
- Mega Twintails: Her hair is very long.
- Nebulous Evil Organisation: She was part of the Drexler Institute before the organization was taken down by Petra.
- No Pronunciation Guide: What is her name supposed to be? note
- Psychotic Smirk: She frequently has one.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her twintails reach down her ankles.
- Red Is Violent: She has red hair and eyes, and is pretty vicious.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Weiß's blue.
- Shout-Out: One of her alternate costumes make her resemble Black★Rock Shooter.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Official spelling: Scharlachrot. Because it's too complicated, often spelled as "Scharharlot".
- Stripperiffic: She wears a bikini-style top and hot pants under her cape and not much else.
- Theme Naming: Baldur is not a reference to the benevolent Norse god of light, but to Baldur von Schirach. It even has a move called Agosai Schirach (Jawbreaking Schirach).
- Tragic Villain: She was turned into a weapon against her will, and due to the Drexler Institute's brainwashing that has left mentally unsound, to say the least.
- Vile Villain, Saccharine Show: Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds in a series full of kindness and optimism.
- When She Smiles: Her ending finally has give a legimate smile in response to the kindness of Eko and Weiß, and she's adorable.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: She wears hot pants.
- Yandere: For Weiß. Probably a result of Drexler's brainwashing.
RagnarokAn artificial Arcana built by the Drexler Institute to destroy Japan. It's activated when the Celestial Stones fought over in the story modes are used to give it power. Directly attacking it does no damage, instead it is defeated by breaking the Celestial Stones.
- Attack Drone: Has two robots what will attack to make it hard to attack Ragnarok.
- Attack Its Weak Point: Has five slots where its Celestial Stones are, and you have to attack all of them to stop it.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: It's so big that it's entire body doesn't appear on screen when you fight it.
- Background Boss: An interactable one. It's so big the player can stand on part of it.
- Blade on a Stick: It carries a gigantic spear that after thirty seconds, will fire a barrage of beams that can only be dodged by jumping above it before it fires.
- Evil Will Fail: In LOVE MAX SIX STARS!!!!!! it's destroyed by Minori, proving a complete failure.
- Final Boss: Is the final opponent of every character in the story mode of 3 and LOVE MAX!!!!!. SIX STARS!!!!!! downplays it thanks to Minori.
- Generic Doomsday Villain: Being a giant robot, it has no personality having just been built to destroy Japan.
- Humongous Mecha: It's an absolutely humongous mecha-like being, to the point that it overshadows some of the Arcanas.
- Knight of Cerebus: By virtue of being a giant robot build to cause to destruction, there is nothing comedic about it.
- Lightning Bruiser: Not in gameplay, but if the player fails to defeat in time it instantly vanishes and appears at Mt. Fuji. When the system that allows it to move is charged the thing appears so fast that there is no stopping it.
- Meaningful Name: It's called Ragnarok, named after the end of the world in Norse mythology, and it's a Weapon of Mass Destruction meant to destroy Japan.
- Nigh-Invulnerable: Ragnarok is indestructible, the only way to stop it is to break the Celestial stones powering it.
- The One Guy: Although being an artificial Arcana, he may not count.
- Our Centaurs Are Different: It seems to strike for a eight-legged centaur imagery, with its legs being shaped like horse legs.
- Stationary Boss: Due to its sheer size it's impossible for to actually move in gameplay because it already takes up so much of the screen.
- Time-Limit Boss: No matter what the game timer is set to, you have 60 seconds to destroy it. If you "win" via timeout, you get the bad ending — at least losing either by timeout or KO still allows you to continue.
- The Unfought: In LOVE MAX SIX STARS!!!!!!, due to being destroyed by Minori, who serves as the Final Boss instead.
- Vile Villain, Saccharine Show: A robot built to destroy a country, and if the player doesn't defeat in time, it will do so.
- Vocal Dissonance: It's a giant Weapon of Mass Destruction and it speaks with a generic female voice.
- Weapon of Mass Destruction: A giant robot that on top of its weapons it attacks the player with, has some type of weapon that after it finishes charging will destroy Japan.
- The Worf Effect: In LOVE MAX SIX STARS!!!!!!, it's destroyed by Minori to demonstrate her power before she takes over as the Final Boss.
Default Arcana: Ichor (Blood)
Voiced by: Yuri Yamaoka
Introduced in Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX SIX STARS!!!!!!, Minori is a wannabe hero. After feelings of frustration arose in herself as the Misono Academy girls are off protecting the world in secret, she decided to take up the mantle for herself. In her mind, if she has power of her own, there isn't any reason why she can't enter the fray.
- Absolute Cleavage: She wears a "top" composed only by a shawl that leaves exposed the entirety of her cleavage and her belly.
- Bait-and-Switch Boss: If you were expecting Ragnarok to still be the Final Boss, she destroys it before you even confront it, and she serves as the final opponent instead.
- Bloody Murder: Hers is the Arcana of Blood, Ichor. Its attacks include splashing the opponent with blood.
- Club Stub: Zigzagged when Minori tries to propose her Hero Club idea in her ending. When Saki points out that even with herself, Heart, and Akane, Minori's one student short of getting it approved, Weiß shows up as an exchange student and joins in.
- Code Name: She has a self-proclaimed superhero name of "Annihilation Angel Subaru".
- Cute Bruiser: In spite of her diminutive size, her fighting style is very direct and melee-oriented.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: She destroyed Ragnarok in the blink of an eye.
- Cute Little Fangs: She has a small one in the right side of her mouth.
- Final Boss: Is the final opponent of every character (except herself) in the Story Mode after taking down Ragnarok with ease. Her final battle in Story Mode is against Weiß.
- Hair Antennae: She has two curled strands of hair sticking up, resembling antennae. In a rather unique variant, they slope backwards, rather than forwards.
- Human Weapon: Like Weiß and Scharlachrot, she was part of the Valkyrie project. However, she is a special Valkyrie called "Hybride", who has the power to use both Arcanas and Geists.
- Magic Skirt: Just how does her top not flap upwards or to the side, given the game's focus on airdashing?
- Power Fist: Infused with her Geist, Fabnir.
- Purely Aesthetic Glasses: Her casual outfit includes a pair of glasses which she discards when fighting.
- Short Hair with Tail: Her hairstyle is a short if spiky with a fairly long ponytail.
- Vapor Wear: Her skimpy top makes clear she's not wearing a bra.
Default Arcana: Paracelsia (Life)
Voiced by: Shiori Izawa
Introduced in the PC port of Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX SIX STARS!!!!!!, Pistrix is an amalgamation of sea creatures created by Parace L'Sia.
- Cute Monster Girl: A cute little girl mixed with a hammerhead shark.
- In-Series Nickname: "Peace".
- Life Drinker: She feeds off the ether of her opponents, commenting on their "tastes" in almost all of her win quotes.
- Man Bites Man: Her main grab is to hop onto an opponent and chomp them in the head. This also powers up some of her specials.
- Mix And Match Creature: Has traits from all sorts of different sea creatures.
- Our Homunculi Are Different: She is called a homunculus as she is an artificial being created by an alchemist.
- Shapeshifter Weapon: Similarly to Rikuo, she can change her body parts to mimic different aquatic creatures, both living and extinct.
- Shark Man: Well, Shark Girl to be more precise, as the base animal she was created from was a hammerhead shark.
- Shipper on Deck: Stated as much in her win quote against Saki:"Tsuzura Saki-, um this tastes...? You need to be a little more truthful to your feelings. Shall I tell Heart about what you feel towards her?"
- Threatening Shark: The forms she takes the most often for her offense are various species of sharks, with her Critical Heart featuring a huge Megalodon that devours the opponent.
- You Are Number 6: Her full name is "Series Pistrix No. 29".
Default Arcana: None
Introduced in Arcana Heart 3: LOVEMAX SIXSTARS!!!!!! XTEND, Dark Heart is a mysterious soldier who has time-space manipulation powers. She also seems to have some kind of beef with Heart Aino...
- Alternate Self: Within the army of identical versions of herself, there are at least three Dark Hearts who differ from the regular one. There is a child one with twintails, a taller one with short hair and a burly one who is more of a Japanese Delinquent.
- Ambiguously Related: Mei-Fang's victory quote for Dark Heart confirms that she is no Heart Aino, but the similarities between her and Aino makes it seems like there is something between the two of them.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Her appearance and attitude in battle might suggest that she is evil, but many of her victory quotes show that she is much nicer than she lets out to be. Unless you are Heart Aino, that is.
- Dual Wielding: Wields a Laser Blade and a dagger at the same time, both in a Reverse Grip.
- Kid from the Future: While not outright stated, some of quotes from her and towards her indicate that she is from future who is send to the past to eliminate Aino for one reason or another.
- Me's a Crowd: Dark Heart has an entire army of herself whom different timelines. The main gimmick with her is that she can either teleport to different spots or cancel out moves by tagging herself out with a different version of herself.