The characters of the Akatsuki Blitzkampf games!
A High class technical officer of the Japanese Imperial Army, Akatsuki was believed to have died during the transportation of a new allied military unit. Fifty years later, he somehow emerges unscathed, and unaged.. Now wielding superhuman abilities granted to him by the Blitz Motor, he resumes his mission, aiming to see it through to the very end.
- Badass Boast: "I am the Indomitable God of Thunder! Nothing shall stand before me!"
- The Determinator - The Unfettered: No one should even think of having this man stray from the mission he started 50 years ago: handling the Blitz Motors. And disposing of them, if his Story Mode is to be believed.
- Electric Torture: In his Throw he first grabs the rival, then holds him/her in place with his hands and forcibly electrocutes them for some seconds. Subverted in that he doesn't do it to get info from him/her, just to knock him/her out.
- Face Framed in Shadow: Akatsuki's intro features him singlehandedly breaking through the ice of the Artic Pole. Also sorta done in his ending: his head and back are shadowed when he leaves immediately after he defeats Murakumo.
- Guest Fighter: In the Under Night In-Birth game. And also coming soon to BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle.
- Human Popsicle: For 50 years, after the botched mission in the Arctic Pole. The story gets properly kickstarted when he wakes up as a Fish out of Temporal Water, sort of.
- Leitmotif: Awakening.
- Living MacGuffin: Since Akatsuki was in charge of the game's MacGuffin, the Blitz Motor (aka the source of his powers, all but stated to be stored either inside his body or in the uniform he wears), as soon as he reappears everyone in the cast is chasing after him for one or another Blitz Motor-related reason.
- Meaningful Name: Akatsuki, huh...?
- Older Than They Look: As told in the blurb above. Specially when compared with Murakumo (who has aged visibly even if not as much as Fritz) and the aforementioned Fritz (who does look his age and likely isn't much older than Akatsuki himself).
- Perpetual Frowner: He's got quite the scowl almost permanently plastered on his face.
- The Protagonist: And Role Called, too.
- Playing with Syringes: Fritz, Murakumo and others refer to him as "Experiment 1" - meaning that Akatsuki was experimented on in the past. Then again he was the Sole Survivor of an expedition that sunk in the freaking Arctic Pole and has powers similar to Elektrosoldat, so that's not a surprise at all.
- Shock and Awe: The basis of his powers.
- Shoto Clone: Though in a subversion, he takes leaves from Kyo Kusanagi's book rather than Ryu's.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: His reaction to Murakumo revealing that he pulled an Uriah Gambit on him with the Blitz Motor expedition and to his A God Am I mini speech:"That's nonsense. I will destroy the Blitz Motors instead!"
"Humans are neither gods nor machines. It all ends here."
- If he wins the fight, he'll give Murakumo another one before disappearing :
- Vocal Dissonance: Akatsuki's voice is surprisingly deep for a fighting game hero. Probably to remark on how he's not a young man despite his almost teenage-like looks, and to offer a contrast with Murakumo's somewhat higher voice. It's rather hilarious because they're voiced by the same dude.
- Vocal Evolution: In Ausf. Achse, Akatsuki sounds more Hot-Blooded and passionate than in the original.
- White Shirt of Death: The white military jacket he wears is the same one he was wearing when he sunk into the Arctic Ocean and was believed to be dead.
- Voiced by: "Karumagu"
A youthful sorceress and a member of the secret society organization known as Gessellschaft. Behind the curtain, Mycale is the spirit of a cruel witch who was executed long ago who has lived for hundreds of years by possessing unwilling victims. She has also been responsible for manipulating history itself, being responsible for potentially hundreds of major events. And now, she seeks to rise to the top of Gessellschaft, but to do that, she needs the power of the Blitz Motor.
- Depending on the Artist: Her Ausf. Achse artwork makes her look notoriously cuter and younger than the original one's, probably to contrast between Mycale's centuries-old soul and the 14-year-old girl whose body she inhabits.
- Cute, but Cacophonic: Averted, thank God. Save for the occasional Noblewoman's Laugh, Mycale's voice normally falls in a pretty bearable pitch, and is deeper than her pre-teen looks suggest.
- Girlish Pigtails: Her usual hairstyle, save for her ending.
- Grand Theft Me: The real Mycale is the spirit of a witch who was burned at the stake in the Middle Ages, so she's been pulling this continuously. Her current "host" (and the one providing her "portraits") is Kati, the 14-year-old daughter of a rich German businessman living in Shanghai; however, she later releases Kati and takes over Anonym's body.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: Mycale is a member of the Nazi-inspired Nebulous Evil Organisation that wants to conquer Earth, she has her own plans in the Enemy Civil War within said group, and in her ending she does Take Over the World, sending out the Blitztanks to subdue anyone in her way.
- Leitmotif: Transmigration.
- Magical Girl: Sooooort of. Her fighting style wouldn't be out of place in a Magical Girl show, but she's faaaaaar from naive or cheerful.
- Magic Skirt: The hemline ends just below her crotch and it somehow still doesn't show anything. Pretty much the only time her panties are shown is when she gets knocked out.
- Manipulative Bitch: It looks like she's the one who told Marilyn to kill her and Wei's boss In Fu. Not to mention she's a membress of the infamous Gessellschaft group, does her best to keep her ground in the Enemy Civil War within Gessellschaft itself, and she's been possessing women with magic/fighting potential for years to keep manipulating the world and its history from behind the shadows.
- Meganekko: Of the "calm and collected" kind.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Sometimes lets one out in her win poses.
- Off-Model: Her portrait in the original game's intro had a pigtail cut off.◊ It was fixed in her new portrait for Ausf. Achse.
- Simple Staff: Her wand aka her Weapon of Choice. It might be where her soul truly resides, since it's seen on first row when she body-jacks Anonym...
- Summon Magic: She can even summon Fenrir, Mjolnir, Gungnir and A MASSIVE DRAGON to attack her opponents. And a Valkyrie as her Reflector
- The Bad Girl Wins: If her ending is unlocked, logically.
Colonel Claude D'Aspremont, AKA: Sai
- Voiced by: "Shion Hibiki" (Sky Kid)
A knowledge broker for the Shinka Dennou computer company and MI-6 spy, Sai (Real name Claude D'Aspremont) has made a name for himself as a man who has made connections with a large handful of powerful individuals. Despite his youthful appearance, he has lived for potentially hundreds of years due to a mysterious ability involving his eyes, with rumors saying that his very stare can drain the life out of you.
- Badass in a Nice Suit - Dressed to Kill: Such a snazzy suit, man. Plus the Badass Longcoat he wears in his intro.
- Deadly Gaze: If he takes his glasses off, or merely focuses his stare on someone else without removing them, Sai can unleash quite the power that causes painful diseases and afflictions in whoever he looks at. In-game, he has special moves based on this that won't deal direct damage but will either affect their guard, slow down their movements, or give penalties when they jump. One of his EX involves giving the enemy all the curses at the same time, and his Super gives a nasty combo of all curses and Life Drain.
- Funny Bruce Lee Noises: He lets out some of these despite not being exactly a Bruce Lee Clone.
- Knowledge Broker: This seems to be his in-story role. Though he's actually a secret agent for the MI6.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: In his standing "Reflector", he raises a hand and stares right at the screen and the player/s. Why? Because he can!
- Leitmotif: Wicked Eyes.
- Life Drain: Sai can inflict this with his Deadly Gaze. As it turns out, this specific power has helped him keep himself young through decades.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: While not a girlish Bishōnen, Sai looks very Tall, Dark, and Handsome and he also has the longest hair out of the male cast.
- Older Than They Look: Sai's boss talk with Murakumo states that they were rivals in the past war... which took place at least 50 years ago. As said above, this is easily explained by Sai's Life Drain skill.
- Sunglasses at Night: Which are actually a Power Limiter for his Deadly Gaze.
- With My Hands Tied: His fighting style is made almost completely of kicks, and he keeps his hands inside his pockets.
- Voiced by: "Shion Hibiki" (Sky Kid)
Fritz is an elderly warrior and a former medic of the Japanese Imperial Army, as well as an old friend of Akatsuki. After learning of the reappearance of his once thought to be dead friend, Fritz takes it upon himself to exterminate those who wish to claim the power of the Blitz Motor for themselves.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Very nice and big ones, indeed.
- Combat Medic: According to his bio, he once was this.
- First-Name Basis: Pretty much the only person who uses this trope on Murakumo.
- Iaijutsu Practitioner: Despite not being ethnically Japanese, Fritz knows very well how to use the katana he carries.
- Leitmotif: Song of Defeat.
- Lightning Bruiser: While the old guy is slow when he moves at first sight, his special moves and some of his normal ones make him dash notoriously faster through the screen so he actually belongs more in this trope.
- Old Master: So old that he was a companion and probably a friend of Akatsuki from before he was frozen. And he may have also been involved in the creation of Elektrosoldat.
- This Is Something He's Got to Do Himself: Seems to be his general attitude.
- Use Your Head: His throw has him grabbing the opponent and headbutting them.
- Voiced by: "724"
An intelligence operative, attached to the second office of Ground Staff Overseeing Department, Kanae is tasked with retrieving the Blitz Motor after reports surface of a once thought to be dead Imperial Army officer reemerges.
- Action Girl: A very action-oriented young woman from this world's Japanese Army, which is more inspired by the Jietai aka the actual Japan Self-Defense Forces than the older armies from World War II "represented" by Akatsuki and Murakumo.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: She's a beautiful dark-haired woman, with a height that's nothing to sneeze at and a serious, professional attitude. She only lacks the long hair to fit in perfectly.
- Badass Normal: In a game full of superpowered badasses, she gets by with simply her physical strength and her throws.
- Boobs of Steel: Very physical moveset. VERY well-stacked.
- Everything's Better with Spinning: Several of her moves have her spinning and tossing her opponents around.
- Leitmotif: Chrysanthemum.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: With her feminine but practical clothes (save for the Combat Stilettos), her short hair and her serious personality, Kanae is the Light to Marilyn's Dark.
- Long Hair Is Feminine: Averted. She looks rather classily feminine in her short-skirted uniform, but her hair is kept as a short and practical bob.
- Nice Hat: She has a very cute beret.
- Murderous Thighs: One of her special moves and the EX inspired by it have her leaping into the air and using her thighs and knees to grab the opponent mid-air, then dragging them back to the ground.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: She's the grappler of the game, despite not necessarily looking like an Amazonian Beauty.
- She's Got Legs: Nice and long ones, under Proper Tights with a Skirt and with Combat Stilettos.
- World's Most Beautiful Woman: More than one comment is made about Kanae's Aloof Dark-Haired Girl beauty.
- Voiced by: "Kyousuke Amasaki (Sky Kid)"
Mass produced Gessellschaft soldiers that are powered by Blitz Motors, Elektrosoldats are clones of Gessellschaft's scientist, Adler, and are completely loyal to the organization's cause. However, one particular Elektrosoldat ends up realising that robots can bleed.
- Blood from the Mouth: Soldat's story ending features the one controlled by the player◊ going through a Villainous Breakdown after defeating Murakumo, and as this happens blood spills down his chin and on his jacket.
- Cloning Blues - Mecha-Mooks: The Elektrosoldats are soldiers powered by Blitz Motors, as well as clones of the scientist, Adler. Though it looks like, through both the original and Perfektewelt, the one under the player's control is willing to rebel against Gessellschaft... And additionally, that one seems to have serious health and recovery problems.
- Divergent Character Evolution: Soldat and Adler began as almost exactly the same,but when Adler was made properly playable their moves started to evolve differently. i.e, Elektrosoldat's
Flash KickFlak Turret kick doesn't hit downwards like Adler's does.
- Leitmotif: Sentinel.
- Psycho Electro: It's no wonder that one of his fan nicknames is Nazi Pikachu.
- Those Wacky Nazis: And h o w.
- Shoto Clone: Sort-of, since his skills are heavily based on Guile.
- Stupid Jetpack Hitler: Nazis + Robots = these guys
- Voiced by: "Kyousuke Amasaki (Sky Kid)"
A former member of the historical heritage research organization known as Ahnenerbe, Adler participated in historical excavations across Tibet, but ended up making his breakthrough after discovering the legendary city of Agartha, as well as all of the mysterious technology that lied within. Taking the research notes of his former colleague, Adler joined Gessellschaft, and now plans to use the Blitz Motor for his own twisted schemes.
- Evil Albino: Has white-blond hair and is a villain.
- Evil Laugh: A quite shrill one in Ausf. Achse.
- Leitmotif: Reaper.
- Looks Like Cesare: Has all the physical traits save for the hair color.
- Mad Scientist: He took over Fritz's former research and abused it, creating the Elektrosoldats.
- Meaningful Name: Adler means eagle in German. It's both a normal last name and an emblematic bird (notably in heraldry, bannistics, numismatics etc.) featured on many blazons since the feudal age, including the Nazi flag and the present German Bundeswappen and at times on the flags of Austria and Germany.
- Person of Holding: It seems that he and Murakumo had Blitz Motors implanted in their bodies.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: Well, not that the other baddies here are very PC, but him referring to Akatsuki as a monkey to his very face isn't exactly grounds for correctness.
- Psycho Electro: "Less" than Elektrosoldat, but still.
- Smug Snake: Oh dear, yes.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Subverted, he doesn't exactly get what he wants in his ending. But he decides to keep going.
- Those Wacky Nazis: Again, and HOW.
- Vocal Evolution: Adler sounded exactly like Elektrosoldat in the first versions of the game. When made playable he got somewhat more "mature"-sounding voice clips, and by the time Ausf. Achse hit the arcades his voice became even deeper save for his second victory pose's Evil Laugh.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Has super light blond hair, and is on the side of evil.
- Voiced by: Shinobu Matsumoto (under the name "Shouji Hijikata")
A master of Cosmos of the Mind Fist, who, as a cold-arm assassin, rose up to the ranks of Black Hand's leaders. After his patron was assassinated, Wei searches for the criminal.
- Anime Hair: Seriously, look at his half-shaved half-longhaired head
- Badass Beard: Tied with his Anime Hair, it makes him look rather scary
- The Big Guy: Easily the biggest male character in the game.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Wei is an asshole, yea, but he despises backstabbing and holds an Undying Loyalty to his boss. So when he finds out that his fellow Triad member Marilyn Sue is the one who killed him, he's really fucking angry.
- Leitmotif: Revenge.
- Scary Black Man: While not ethnically black as far as one's aware, his looks strongly evoke the trope.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Perfektewelt spells his name as Dawei.
- Super Mode: His Supers are based on this concept.
- The Triads and the Tongs: A member of those, just like Marilyn.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: More exactly, he leaves his very long coat fully unbuttoned.
- Undying Loyalty: To In Fu, his boss. His motivation to be in the plot is to look for his murderer.
- You Killed My Father: More exactly, "You Killed My Boss, MARILYN"!
Marilyn Sue Dae Jie
- Voiced by: "Karumagu"
She is an assassin for the continent's largest international mafia "Black Hand" and a master of the assassination technique, with its base in, presumably, Breaking Fist. By plundering the Blitz Engine from Akatsuki, she aims to rise in influence and power.
- Boobs of Steel: A very physical fighter with MASSIVE and bouncy breasts.
- Cute, but Cacophonic: That little girl-like voice, eeep.
- Dark Action Girl: Not only she's very efficient in the battlefield, but is very ruthless.
- Dark and Troubled Past: If some notes are to be believed, Marilyn is a heihaizi aka bastard child conceived outside from the One Child Policy, and before being a triad assassin, was likely a prostitute. It would explain quite a bit.
- Kick Chick: Averted, Marilyn has many kicks in her arsenal but she also uses her hands and arms a lot.
- Lady of War: Her fighting style is bare-fisted, but very graceful and elegant.
- Leitmotif: Poisonous Flower.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: With her long hair, form-fitting qipao, Gainaxing and Femme Fatale sex appeal, Marilyn is the Dark to Kanae's Light.
- Ms. Fanservice: Huge and bouncy boobs? Super elegant qipao? Check. Long High Class Gloves? Check. Wide hips/butt and long legs? Check. More than one Panty Shot? Check. Combat Stilettos? Check. Femme Fatale appeal? Check. Pretty in Mink/Fur and Loathing, Vapor Wear, Zettai Ryouiki and Absolute Cleavage in her ending? Check.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Marilyn makes herself look like a bouncy, charming and bubbly Anime Chinese Girl. But she's actually cold-blooded and cool-headed, holds no real allegiance to anyone but her own self and will do ANYTHING in her power to rise among the Triads. Like murdering her boss and benefactor if told to do so by someone powerful enough, according to Wei's story mode, and looking for the Blitz Engines for her own benefit...
- Precision F-Strike: When Marilyn performs her Kasuishou move, she shouts "KONOYAROU!" ("You Bastard!")
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: Her Super, in which she inflicts 100 hits on her enemy in around 5 seconds. Wow.
- The Triads and the Tongs: She was picked up by In Fu, a high-ranked mobster leader from Shanghai as well as Wei's boss.
- The Bad Girl Wins: Her ending has her fully taking over the Black Hand, which is what she wanted from the beginning.
- Vocal Dissonance: No one would expect this Femme Fatale to have a high-pitched, almost child-like voice. (Though she might be doing it on purpose, as a part of her Obfuscating Stupidity act.)
- Voiced by: "Strange Heke (ATM)"
An Armed Interrogator of Heresy, within a religious society - The Sacred Club. She is sent to destroy the headquarters of an organization, upon which lies the heresy of aiding Gessellschaft, - the Perfecti Kyoudan. Anonym is a master of Ranbas style Gun technique - a combination of Chinese self-defence and pistols.
- Action Girl: Of the "Girls with Guns" subtype
- Auto-Revive: Her Super, complete with lights from Heaven. Which also harm her rival.
- Big "NO!": She gives one of these in her ending, whe she's about to get body-jacked...
- Church Militant: A membress of the "Sacred Club" group, rooted in the Vatican and directly opposing the heretic groups known as Gessellschaft and Perfecti Kyoudan.
- Compressed Hair: Anonym's ending shows that she has quite the Rapunzel Hair under that nun headdress. Too bad this takes place◊ when she's at the receiving end of a Grand Theft Me from Mycale...
- Eyes Always Closed: As seen in her sprites and portraits.
- Gun Kata: It's no coincidence that her Super is named Tetragrammaton
- Guns Akimbo: With her REALLY cool chrom-coated Webley revolvers
- Lady of War: Her moves and shots are very graceful, and she's a very serious individual.
- Leitmotif: Precepts.
- Long-Range Fighter: Being a member of the Girls with Guns group, she's at her best when she shoots her foes away.
- Perpetual Frowner: She has a soft voice and never smiles.
- Youthful Freckles: Averted. While Anonym's portrait shows that she's freckled, she is far from cute and naive.
An electrical tank, assumed to have a Blitz Engine as its source of power. According to a copy of the document on a new engine research, labeled "Gessellschaft", a test piece was developed, however, it was revocated along with the plan itself before the full-scale production could take place.
- Black Eyes of Evil and Red Eyes, Take Warning: The skull's eyes have black sclerae and red irises.
- Guest Fighter: Surprisingly, coming soon to BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle along with Akatsuki.
- Kill It with Fire - Psycho Electro: Its arsenal includes flamethrowers and electricity.
- Leitmotif: Iron Horse.
- Mighty Glacier: Really huge, really slow, and with LOTS of projectile-based tricks.
- Sapient Tank
- Skull for a Head: Though considering the size of said head, it's obviously not a human skull.
- Tank Goodness: No shit, Sherlock.
- The Cameo: In Mycale's ending, several Blitztanks are seen as her Elite Mooks that she's unleashing on the world to conquer it.
- The Reveal: That Blitztank Was Once a Man, according to their story mode. They begin as the typical mecha robot, but as time passes and specially after they fight Akatsuki they start to slowly form words and trains of thoughts. And then their AB ending shows this◊... Additionally, sharp-eyed players will notice that the image above can be very briefly seen in the opening sequence of the game.
- Voiced by: Kyouko Utsumi
Once a mere alternate version of Mycale who would fight the others late in the story, Perfecti was given different looks and made properly playable in the Ausf. Achse version of the game. With her looks, fighting power and attitude, she seems to be the living example of Gessellschaft's plans and philosophies.
- A God Am I: She refers to herself as a "Perfect One", and in her "Altar of Perfecti" stage one can see her throne on the background and in the middle of a HUGE staircase.
- Bayonet Ya - Blade on a Stick: Her Weapon of Choice.
- Cute, but Cacophonic: She's the only one whose voice can compete with Marilyn's in regards to high pitch. It used to be averted before Ausf. Achse, when she was Mycale's Palette Swap and thus used the same voice clips.
- Dark Action Girl - Little Miss Badass: Small, cute-looking, and quite the force to be reckoned with.
- Divergent Character Evolution: Perfecti once played exactly like Mycale, but when Ausf. Achse came and she became her very own character, she got a completely new playing style.
- Commissar Cap: As her picture shows.
- Leitmotif: Soul.
- Long-Range Fighter: Her massive array of projectiles is one of her biggest pros.
- Nightmare Face: In the Ausf. Achse prologue, she's seen rodeated by several masked people who look very, very creepy...
- Palette Swap: Used to be one of Mycale until Ausf. Achse. Though if the player looks closely at her general design, they'll notice Perfecti looks similar to Mycale's appearance in her ending, sans glasses.
- Putting on the Reich: Look at her, people!
- She Is All Grown Up: She looks notoriously older in her ending, where she conquers the world.
Murakumo alias Akatsuki-Zero
- Voiced by: Shinobu Matsumoto (under the name "Shouji Hijikata")
At the time of the previous War, he was a military officer, stationed in Germany, who planned actions for an inspection group on military affairs, dispatched here. During this position, he got in touch with a religious society called Perfecti Kyoudan, and had established the Military Technique Research facility, nicknamed "Gessellschaft". Towards the end of the War, news from Berlin are interrupted...
- A God Am I: Gives these vibes. Akatsuki isn't impressed.Murakumo: "After monopolyzing the Blitz Engines, I will win the final war... and within the New World Order, I will become a human God."
- Bad Boss: Was this to Akatsuki in the past. So much that decades ago, he knowingly sent the guy to what was supposed to be his death in the Arctic Pole, all for his own benefit.
- The Bad Guy Wins: If his ending is unlocked, hell yes.
- Big Bad: Of the game, yeah.
- Cherry Blossoms: In the Ausf. Achse version of his Super. The original one is more about the blood.
- Combat Pragmatist: He can use illusions to trick his rivals and also sets bombs on the ground.
- Cloning Blues: It looks like both Kanae's superior in the Army (Senke) and Wei and Marilyn's Triad boss (In Fu) are/were clones of Murakumo, placed there by him to control both groups. (And In Fu got offed because he was probably about to rebel against him)
- Evil Laugh: Lets out a rather loud and smug one when he tosses the opponent across the screen in his aerial throw.
- Face Framed in Shadow - Hidden Eyes - Red Eyes, Take Warning: As seen in his artwork, and specially in his◊ ending.◊
- Iaijutsu Practitioner: To a lesser degree than Fritz, but still. Whenever Murakumo bothers to unseal his katana, he uses either one or very few strikes and then sheathes it back.
- Katanas Are Just Better: He knows pretty well how to use that katana he carries around, even if just in a special move and his Super. This offers a contrast with Akatsuki's bare-fisted and energy ball based fighting style.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Murakumo's ending finishes with him staring straight ahead◊, which gives the impression that he's glaring at the player just as directly. Combined with the whole picture going black and white save for his bright red eyes, the effect is INCREDIBLY creepy.
- Leitmotif: Godlike Person.
- Manipulative Bastard: As said above, whether by tricking an officer into going to his own death under the guise of a mission or by cloning himself to gain footholds in the modern Japanese Army and the Triads.
- Meaningful Name: Did someone say Murakumo...?
- Person of Holding: It seems that he and Adler had Blitz Engines implanted in their bodies.
- The Social Darwinist: Apparently, his plans to Take Over the World include population control via weeding the population out and causing a New World Order.
- This Cannot Be!: If the player defeats him.
- Vocal Evolution: In Ausf. Achse, just like Matsumoto/"Hijikata"'s Akatsuki lines were delivered with more hot blooded passion, his Murakumo voice sounds louder and higher-pitched than in the original. Evil Is Hammy, it seems...
- White Hair, Black Heart: As seen is his sprites and portrait.
- Big Bad: Of En-Eins Perfektewelt.
- Palette Swap: Is this in spades, you don't fight Tempelritter anywhere in the game's single player, unless you're playing as her or against her in a 1P vs 2P setting. Though in the game's story, if you do play as Tempelritter, you find out that Valkyria is the "Original" and Tempelritter is the "Clone" (or maybe its the other way around).
- Cloning Blues: See above!
- SNK Boss: As Valkyria, be prepared to effectively use the reflector/parry a lot, cause you'll need to do so throughout the match, as Valkyria is just a powered up Tempelritter, but in Black/Red.