A female character who provides a significant amount of Fanservice (aimed at straight men, though obviously bisexual women and lesbians can appreciate it as well), ranging from simple revealing of cleavage, midriff, shoulders or legs, to shots of her curves, hips or derriere (even when covered).
Her clothing is mainly there to accentuate her figure. Her wardrobe mainstays are bikinis/swimsuits, lingerie, fishnets, stockings, garters, short skirts, equally short shorts, thigh high boots or stiletto pumps, and low-cut dresses and shirts. Alternatively, she might be covered from head to toe, thus showing no skin at all, but her costume will be tight and stretchy enough to show her bust and the outline of her hips. Bonus points if she's The Tease. In general, she will appear more often in merchandise aimed towards straight men to further attract straight men to the product, with vice versa being the case for Mr. Fanservice.
There are several types of Ms. Fanservice:
- A Fanservice Extra provides eye candy, but never appeared before the moment of such eye candy and never appears again. Compare Best Known for the Fanservice.
- An Innocent Fanservice Girl has no qualms about strutting her stuff in front of others; she doesn't see a problem in it and is often unaware that she may be causing trouble. This can range from flat-out nudity to posing in skimpy outfits when asked.
- A Reluctant Fanservice Girl prefers to dress modestly, but the universe conspires to subject her into providing fanservice anyway, which she takes issue with.
- A Shameless Fanservice Girl knows people could be uncomfortable with her lack of clothes or penchant for skimpy outfits, but she doesn't care. She'll bare her figure anyway.
Either way, the camera seems to have the hots for her, and the viewing audience is expected to feel the same way. While the way a Ms. Fanservice is presented can come across as sexist if handled badly, there is nothing inherently wrong with the trope itself, nor does it necessarily ruin her character. The real trick is to give her a genuine, fleshed-out personality and a meaningful role in the story beyond being eye candy, instead of having her exist solely as a Flat Character. (Besides, being "flat" usually doesn't fit this type of character.) If the Ms. Fanservice has a particularly cruel personality (usually a villain), she also qualifies for Fan Disservice.
Please note that there is no requirement to be single to fit into this trope. Many of these characters are married. For the Spear Counterpart, see Mr. Fanservice. If she also sleeps with most of the crew, she either Really Gets Around or is a Good Bad Girl. Subjected to multiple Double Standard tropes, especially if she gets a nice dose of Character Development or Hidden Depths aside from her hot looks, and yet the fandom refuses to see them (or remembers nothing else about them).
- Anime & Manga
- Comic Books
- Fan Works
- Films Animation
- Films Live-Action
- Live-Action TV
- Myths & Religion
- Pro Wrestling
- Video Games
- Western Animation
- Ms. Buxley, from Beetle Bailey. She was even more so earlier in the 1970s and '80s.
- Edda from 9 Chickweed Lane she's often seen in various bikinis, dresses that show off her figure, or in her ballet outfits.
- Princess Aura in Flash Gordon often served this role or at least as much it was allowed in the 30s. Subsequent adaptations such as Dynamite Entertainment's◊ managed to pull it off more freely.
- Liz, Jon Arbuckle's girlfriend in Garfield. Seen here◊. Yes, Garfield has fanservice. It's a new day. She's played in the movies by Jennifer Love Hewitt. So, yeah.
- Older Than Television: Almost any female character in Li'l Abner (which started in 1934) who wasn't an old lady, especially Daisy Mae, Stupifyin' Jones, Moonbeam McSwine and the Wolf Gal.
- Tiffany, The Alpha Bitch from Luann, is this for the strip, being panned by online fans, considering the head writer is over 60, and Tiffany's a teenager. One memorable strip featured her in a string bikini, and most of the time she's just in a cheerleader outfit.
- Modesty Blaise frequently depicted its title character in various states of undress, contrary to her name.
- Aunt Fritzi from Nancy is typically depicted as a very attractive woman. Arguably even more so during the later part of Guy Gilchrist's run of the strip as he began putting her in more revealing clothing... often for no real reason.
- Brooke McEldowney's comic strip 9 Chickweed Lane had, and continues to have, a strong fanservice element to it in its depictions of female characters, most notably Edda. The later spin-off Pibgorn appears to be some 80% fanservice: The starting point of this strip is a menage à trois among an unassuming bespectacled pianist and musical arranger, and two devastatingly gorgeous supernatural entities who are devoted to him: a dark succubus called Drusilla and a red-haired faerie called Pibgorn. Neither entity wears very much at the best of times and the casual reader might suspect the script is written to get them naked as often as possible. Reprints of the strip in comic book form tend to add extra bonus material.
- June Morgan, the wife and nurse of Rex Morgan, M.D., drawn with a Patrick Nagel face and...prominent attributes.
- All of the Mellon girls in WhizBang Pinball's Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons.
- Gem and Quorra from TRON: Legacy.
- Just about everyone in Bally's Playboy, except for Hugh Hefner and (probably) Granny.
- The Tube Dancers in Big Bang Bar, green-skinned space babes who dance while suspended in jars filled with bubbling liquid.
- The "Luci" Premium Edition of AC/DC is named after Horny Devil girl Luci and her two cohorts, who are prominently featured in the backglass and cabinet art. Even longtime AC/DC fans were left wondering what connection they have to the band.
- Anita and Bonita, the Bedlah Babes of Jinni Zeala
- Ruiner Pinball has "Drop Target" and "Da Bomb," the bomb-dropping Pin Up girls on the "Ruiner" table.
- Zaccaria's Farfalla is famous for the sexy, near-nude butterfly fairy on its backglass.
- The bunny girls of Slick Chick, a Spiritual Licensee of Playboy magazine.
- Truck Stop is all about the sexy service attendants.
- Princess Farah in Sinbad, a Bedlah Babe who hangs in the back and provides free eye candy.
- Flash Gordon has Dale Arden and Princess Aura, whose only purpose are to stand around in skimpy Chainmail Bikinis and Show Some Leg.
- The protagonists of Centigrade 37 are two nubile blonde women wearing body-hugging Space Clothes.
- Everyone in Future Spa flaunts their flawlessly sculpted bodies while wearing form-fitting clothing, skimpy swimwear, or nothing at all.
- Vanessa Kensington and Felicity Shagwell from Austin Powers.
- Helluva Boss: Verosika Mayday, from head to toe. Being physically attractive and sexually alluring comes with being a succubus, and boy does the show make that very clear. Her attitude is near-permanently sultry and sensual even when acting as an insulting bitch, she's one of curviest and bustiest females among the entire female cast, and every one of her outfits is deliberately designed to bring focus to her sexy body.
- Virtual YouTuber Kaguya Luna has a Cleavage Window as part of her attire, which reveals her to be quite busty. In fact, there was one video which involved her contemplating doing exercises to make her breasts larger.
- Lobo (Webseries): Darlene Spritzer shows some cleavage at Big Ahmet's.
- The title character from Oishi High School Battle, with an extreme example of No Dress Code with a short skirt, exposed midriff, beautiful pink hair, sweet face, and Boobs of Steel that are literally weaponized.
- Yang Xiao Long, who the song "Red Like Roses" refers to as "Yellow beauty burns gold". Her primary outfit in Volumes 1-3◊ shows off a bit more of her figure than the rest of the cast, with some exposed cleavage. This gets downplayed from Volume 4 onwards, as while she's still attractive and her outfits tend to show some skin, they're still much more concealing than her original outfit.
- Pyrrha Nikos◊. Her combat outfit features a miniskirt, corset, low neckline, and thigh-highs. She's also noticeably taller, curvier, and more athletic than most of the other girls at Beacon.
- Invoking the trope Evil Is Sexy is The Dragon, Cinder Fall. She is a beautiful, curvaceous woman who waltzes around in a slinky red dress that shows off her legs and her shoulders, not to mention the attention bestowed upon her by the camera in this scene◊. It doesn't exactly hurt that she has a very sultry voice courtesy of real life Ms Fanservice Jessica Nigri.
- Jinn is very curvaceous, with a classic hour-glass figure, and the chains draped around her waist are balanced against the curve of her hips. She wears jewelery on her body, such as braces, anklets, earrings and necklaces, but she is otherwise completely naked. When she first manifests, Qrow doesn't know where to put his eyes and tries to avoid staring at her.
- Emerald Sustrai has one of the more revealing outfits in the show, to the point where it looks like a bikini. Even her more modest outfit in later volumes still has an Impossibly-Low Neckline and Bare Your Midriff in effect.
- Later volumes also have Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Neopolitan veer into this direction as well. Even Salem gets this.
- Carmine Esclados from After the Fall is a fit, beautiful woman with long, red hair wearing a midriff-exposing crop-top, mini shorts, and thigh high boots. Notably, when Coco first sees her, she's unable to stop staring.
- The tenth episode of "Sci-Fi Guys" (from the creator of Retarded Animal Babies) had Spandy, who was remarkably beautiful wearing just pasties over her nipples. Literally her first appearance on screen is showing her massive breasts. It's later revealed that having sex with her creates a black hole.
- Parodied with Kurokawa from Senpai Club. She literally always has her panties showing and her breasts are prone to jiggling.
- In Spooky Month, Skid's Absurdly Youthful Mother Lila gets scenes in her pajamas and a shirt that says "Look into my eyes." Guess where the eyes are on the shirt.
- Dustbunny from TOME, who was already good looking in TTA, but got even hotter with Absolute Cleavage showing a black bikini.
- Nephthys from Xombie, with a beautifully toned and volptuous body, large breasts and butt, and beautiful shiny lips, eyes, and hair.
- Protectors of the Plot Continuum Agent Louise becomes this when they land in the water, and she's Going Commando in a white top.
Narto: Yeah. As I said, she makes a very nice elf.
I was polite, though, and didn't stare. "Ah, Louise," I said, "your top... uh..."
- SMG4 has a few examples, namely Saiko and Belle, who have rather shapely looks, midriff exposing outfits and a glimpse at their cleavage. Melony winds up trumping them both in terms of size. And she's voiced by Wolfychu for good measure.
- The Agony Booth: Sofie Liv, a lovely, fun-loving Danish girl who isn't above dressing like Wonder Woman every now and then...
- Lt. Lisa Foiles from The Angry Joe Show. She went on a rant and her uniform started falling apart. Not to say she's conceited or anything, but Lisa seems to be fully aware of the fact that she's... visually pleasing and isn't afraid to flaunt it. Just get a look at Episode 3 of her "Everyday Achievements" series or her video with Angry Joe from E3 where the caption underneath reads "Hot Chick". She displayed awareness of this fact in her top 5 best moments of Monkey Island, pointing out she wears tight clothing while wearing tight clothing. The comments section on the Escapist were really... happy about it.
- Jillian Zurawski, a.k.a. Mrs. Cinema Snob. Brad loves to show off her assets.
- Critical Role has Vex'ahlia Vessar, a beautiful and flirtatious half-elven woman who's regularly put in situations that involve showing some skin, such as when she flashed Grog in order to inspire him. Granted, most of these situations end up being Played for Laughs.
- Epic Meal Time:
- Epic Rap Battles of History have Eve (played by Jenna Marbles while wearing a two-piece made of leaves), Marilyn Monroe (wears her iconic Sexy Backless Outfit from The Seven Year Itch and even provides a Panty Shot in the end), Cleopatra (wears what essentially is a glamorous Belly Dancer outfit and moves like one to boot), Bess Houdini (a buxom woman wearing a leotard with Cleavage Window), and Chloe Gosselin (wears a very short transparent gown).
- While Codex and Tinkerballa of The Guild dress quite normally, their avatars... are another story.
- Tess Masazza of the Italian Webseries Insopportabilmente Donna is more than willing to show some skin in her videos. However, it is never gratuitous and full nude scenes are always avoided by a Modesty Bedsheet or pixelated.
- Sarah from lonelygirl15 and LG15: the resistance is an attractive blonde with large assets, great legs, and a habit of wearing clothes that show these attributes off very well. Not to mention a flirtatious personality to go along with it all and being the protagonists' go-to distraction specialist.
- Miss Hannah Minx, who has enormous boobs that are on display in nearly all of her videos, except one where she lampshades her role as a Ms. Fanservice by wearing a T-shirt that said "My Face Is Up Here" with an arrow pointing to her face. Bonus points for having her breasts jiggle and bounce with every little movement. Don't believe me?◊
- While this isn't what she's like normally, The Nostalgia Chick had this role in That Jewish Guy's "Eight Myths About Hanukkah" video, where she looked incredibly dolled up. Now that's a Big-Lipped Alligator Moment nobody's complaining about. And let's not forget her outfit in Linking with Linkara.
- The React series has had many beautiful reactors through the years (even inspiring their own sub-Reddit, which for obvious reasons has a tough stance on comments), but the ones who occasionally turn up in revealing clothes (e.g shirts that are sleeveless, with plunging necklines, or/and just plainly tight) and are generally appealing/popular to the male (and even female) fanbase are/were Alix, Becca, Blair Fowler, Brittany, Jaykanote , the second female Jordan, Kaelyn, Lia, the older and original Madison, Marlhy, Mikaela, the third and oldest Morgan, Rachel, Riley, Sabrina D., Sophia, the older and original Sydney, Tori, and Justine Ezarik. A lot of the comments actually point those out.
- Screen Team has Angie Griffin, comedic partner and wife of Chad Nikolaus. She's certainly not shy about her assets, as a lot of their videos show her wearing some very low-cut costumes. Here's their page. Better clear you schedule.
- Taylor Amelia, a talented web comedienne whose videos nonetheless focus on her other incredible "talents".
- Samus, from There Will Be Brawl.
- Trisha Hershberger, originally a host for SourceFed then her own The Naked Truth, she became renowned for being a very attractive cosplayer and gamer.
- Mae Winchester does most of the shooting for firearms history channel C&Rsenal, and normally wears jeans, T-shirt and an overshirt. The T-shirt is sometimes rather low cut, and the shirt is not always buttoned all the way up.