Here are a few tools for doing different kinds of research among the articles. If a tool's URL has Namespace, PageName, etc., insert the CamelCase namespace and/or page name that you're interested in in that space. Most tools work for all pages, not just tropes, but some rely on namespace or page type.
- List of all imageless trope pages: Includes checkmarks for ones which could do with an image soon.
- List of all indices: Indices in a given namespace can be found using the list at the bottom of that page or through this link.
- List of pages in a namespace: Find all articles in a particular namespace.
- List of page types per namespace: The number of pages of each type in any given namespace. Click the links to get a list of said pages.
- Number of pages per namespace
- Number of pages per page type: There is a total of all pages at the bottom.
- Title search input: Search for all article titles that contain your search term, listed in alphabetical order.
- Comment activity: Finds all discussion posts by a specific troper.
- Edit activity: Shows the most recent page edits done by a specific troper.
- Forum activity: Accesses a large amount of a specific troper's forum posts.
- Recent page type activity: This shows recent changes to page types, and tells what specific troper did them.
- YKTTW Salvage List: Looks for Trope Launch Pad entries that have been idle for a long time.
- Inbound Links: Lists how many inbounds we received in a week and sites that sent us at least 10 of them.
- Find tropes shared between two works: Type Namespace/WorkOne into the top box and Namespace/WorkTwo into the other; it will find all tropes with wicks from both pages.
- Folderizer: This replaces title markup in a page with folder markup, allowing for automated folderization of pages. Replace "Namespace.PageGoesHere" in the URL with the appropriate terms.
- List of editors for a given page
- Strip spoilers: Strips all the spoiler tags from a page. Don't use this tool stupidly. You should also add a warning about unmarked spoilers afterwards. Note that it can sometimes mess up potholes within spoiler tags, so it's a good idea to do a search on the page afterward for any stray brackets.
- Trope importance sorter: List of tropes in a work page, sorted by the importance people assign to them.