We Are All Pokémon Trainers - Player Characters
This page describes Exactly What It Says on the Tin, listing the main player characters from A to M, and their Pokémon. Scroll to the bottom for more character listings.
Spoilers prior to Kalos are unmarked, you have been warned.
- Played by: Buckbuck2
- Bilingual Bonus: A decent chunk of Ahe's dialogue is in Hawaiian.
Aurora the Lapras
Arashi the Pelipper
Gracie the Golisopod
Hadilla the Ludicolo
Hele the Araquanid
- Bilingual Bonus: His nickname is Hawaiian for "walk," because he walks on water.
Kappa the Golduck
Magala the Shiny Salamence
- Powerof Friendship: Has Battle Bond for his ability.
Typhoon the Wishiwashi
Kuhikuhi the Midnight Lycanroc
- Bilingual Bonus: Her nickname is Hawaiian for "guide," because she guided Ahe through Vast Poni Canyon to his seventh Trial.
- Played by: BlitzTrain
- Animal Motifs: Frogadier in his superhero costume, to go along with being Shingeko's sidekick.
- Bash Brothers: With Jason
- I Have Many Names: His real name is Derek, his nickname is Blitz, his name as a Pokémon is Shinobi and his superhero name is Gekkobi.
- Involuntary Shapeshifting: He turns into a Pokémon when exposed to moonlight, though he has found ways to better control it.
- Ninja: His Pokémon form is Froakie and he managed to evolve all the way to Greninja. Also his superhero persona.
- Official Couple: With Sakura in Ranger Regions.
- Secret Keeper: One of the three members of the main cast who know Shingeko's identity.
Ammon the GrowlitheBlitz's starter he raised from an Egg, is loyal to his Trainer.
Stark the AronAn Aron found one day when it was eating a box of scraps, has been adopted into the family since then.
- Played by: QuarterDollar
A 15-year-old girl (13 at her debut) who was raised in Olivine City, Johto. She's a bit lacking in the formality department, preferring to speak her mind without restraint. She began her journey several months prior to her debut, receiving her starter, a Cyndaquil dubbed Cynthia, from Professor Elm in New Bark Town before setting out on her adventure. She traveled to Kanto after hearing about an airship in Celadon, and joined the J-Team thereafter. Has since partaken in a dramatic love triangle and eaten a great deal of sandwiches.
- Boyish Shorthair: When Carol returns in July 2015, she comes back wearing her hair short and with sidelocks, reflecting her tomboyish natute.
- Flat "What.": Does this when Mew comes to change Flareon!Forte back into a human.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Towards Herbert/Lucius.
- Important Haircut: Chops her long hair off before her re-introduction to reinforce a more mature outlook after her time away.
- Large Ham: Seems to be steadily evolving into this as well.
- Nice Hat: A pillbox cap!◊
- One Steve Limit: Not to be confused with the NPC also named Carol.
- Put on a Bus: Hadn't been seen for a while before returning on July 13, 2015.
- Raised by Dudes: She got her rougher attitude from spending time out at sea with her father, who was a sailor.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cheese-and-tomato sandwiches.
- Two Guys and a Girl: With Herbert and Sam.
Cynthia the Typhlosion
- Genki Girl: Very.
- Cheerful Child: She's young and happy-go-lucky.
- One Steve Limit: She's just a Typhlosion, not the champion of Sinnoh.
- Playing with Fire: Fire type.
Seven the Fearow
- The Voiceless: He never talks. Ever.
- Determinator: He didn't bat an eye when asked to fly from Violet City, Johto, all the way to Celadon.
Babe the Ampharos
- American Accents: Speaks with a New York mobster type accent.
- Berserk Button: Don't call him "cute" unless you want to be Thundershocked. Or are a Ground-type.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Can be set off by looking at him wrong.
River the Nidorina
- Shrinking Violet: Very, very shy.
- Abusive Parents: Er, owner. She was adopted by two kids, but was abused by their father and eventually sent to a hospital to be put down.
- Shout-Out: To the indie game To the Moon.
- Took a Level in Badass:
- Got more confident after winning the Plain Badge for Carol, though she's still pretty shy.
- She takes another after a fight in Titan's Lab, resulting in her evolution.
Benjamin the Audino
- In Touch with His Feminine Side
- "I Want" Song: A parody of I Wanna Be (A Starship Ranger).
- Shout-Out: To Bug from Starship.
- The Medic: Knows a lot of healing moves.
- Team Mom: To Carol's other mons.
Poindexter the Yamask
- Adorably Precocious Child: Acts a lot like an adult despite being a hatchling.
- Morality Pet: Has been this to Carol as of late.
- The Smart Guy: Of the team.
- Shipper on Deck: Accidentally, for Carol x Herbert.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: See Adorably Precocious Child above.
Emi the Sandslash
- Played by: Pikaninja 7
A teenager with a happy-go-lucky view on life, who's restraint is almost as lacking as his innocence. He's adequate with machines and always carries tools with him. He was also a former member of Team Plasma charged with making sure that his king was content and is one of the remaining members who actually wished for Pokemon liberation for the benefits to Pokemon and has since reflected on his actions.Recently, he has become more level headed and has essentially left the nest for the most part. He has since taken in Wally as his Protege and is currently training him to better his physical condition.
Many of the team are just plain nonsensical for the moves they carry so they all exhibit:
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: See above.
- Balloonacy: Can fly using balloons.
- Shock and Awe: Electric types.
- Zerg Rush: Should all else fail, this is their primary form of attack.
- In a Single Bound: Or many if need be.
- Blow You Away: Unlike many Gyarados, Casval's seemingly displays traits of the Flying-Type.
- Flight: Can actually fly.
- Legendary Carp: As a Magikarp.
- Making a Splash: Water type.
- Delayed Reaction: Takes a while to register getting hit.
- Gameplay and Story Integration: Casval counts his Shellder as an entity required for evolution.
- Making a Splash: Is a Water type.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Casval removes and replaces Shellder however he feels it.
These Pokemon belong to N and are currently being held onto by Casval.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: His main "strategy."
- Blow You Away: Part Flying type.
- Glass Cannon: Powerful, but not durable.
- Rock Steady: Part Rock type.
- [[An Ice Person: Ice type.
Joy the Audino (male)
- Healing Factor: Has Regenerator for an Ability.
- Extra-ore-dinary: Steel type
An apathetic trainer with no personality to speak of.
- Affectionate Nickname: Tagg refers to her as "little bird" due to both her Fletchinder mon form and Channah also being much shorter than he is.
- Ambiguous Disorder:
- Is implied to have depression, which she appears to be taking medication for, but it isn't stated in-story.
- She also tells Tagg that she has problems feeling things, which may also be a symptom of depression or some other disorder.
- Angst? What Angst?: Played straight and/or justified by her implied depression and issues feeling things, especially during the talk with Tagg at her house. [invoked]
- Badass Decay: [invoked] Has been sliding into this more or less indifferently since quitting the Ace Trainer life.
- Berserk Button: Messing with her mind and turning her pink. The former is also revealed to be a Trauma Button because telepathy being used on her reminds her of her old Espeon Hale, who was killed.
- Big Brother Worship: Implied to have looked up to her elder brother Garrett quite a bit before certain events caused a Broken Pedestal moment.
- Characterization Marches On: Started out more like her writer but got flanderized after a while.
- Competition Freak: It's been stomped almost to death, but is all that remains of her old self.
- Dull Surprise: Channah rarely emotes, even when surprised.
- Hates Being Touched: Dislikes being touched or touching other people.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: She's 5'0" compared to the 6'3" Tagg.
- Loser Protagonist: She has never seen anything major to completion, and misses a lot of opportunities to better herself.
- Lycanthropy: Following an encounter with Mew Prime, she's become a were-Fletchinder.
- No Social Skills: Makes conversations deeply cringe-y just by showing up to them, at times even inadvertently insulting people, due to a mix of carelessness and what might be an Ambiguous Disorder. Her name means "grace", ironically.
- Performance Anxiety: Part of what caused her to forfeit her Champion battle. She’s since largely gotten past this via The Power of Apathy.
- Safety in Indifference: Tries to avoid caring through a mask of apathy. Tagg outright accuses her cynicism aspect, Truth, of hiding her feelings behind a mask of apathy so she can't get hurt again.
- The Knights Who Say "Squee!": Obsessed with Steven Stone, which is one of the few things she'll actually emote about.
- Verbal Tic: "Ehhh", "Nah", and every verbal pause under the sun.
A trainer from Castelia City.
- Affectionate Nickname: Invoked. He answers to the name "Talbain" whenever he turns into a Lycanroc.
- Hard Head: "Colton facepalmed."
- No Social Skills: Once found himself inadvertently flirting.
- Stepford Snarker: Describes that he had "a lot of help from bad movies".
- The Coats Are Off: If he should ever remove his jacket, something major is probably going down.
Helmsman the SamurottColton's starter Pokemon.
- Blood Knight: Loves combat and excitement.
- Making a Splash: As a water-type, naturally.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Julius' blue.
Julius the Stoutland
- Mighty Glacier: Almost never makes the first move, but hits hard.
- Non-Elemental: Surprisngly inverted - Julius' move list is the most diverse out of the entire team.
- Only Sane Man: A pretty low bar to clear.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Helmsman's red.
- Badass Adorable: She knows she's cute, and she knows she's powerful.
- Stepford Snarker: It's alluded to often that she never knew her mother, a problem she disguises with sarcasm.
Amaterasu the Shiny Ninetales
- Bilingual Bonus: Her human form's Expressive Accessory's kanji typically means something relevant.
- Hypnotic Eyes: Her eyes glow whenever she uses Hypnosis or Confuse Ray.
- Playing with Fire: Her go-to.
- Freudian Trio: Sean is the Id, D.C. is the Superego and Lucario the Ego.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Sean refuses to use special attacks.
- Shoo Out the Clowns: D.C. is unable to be dominant whenever Lucario Mega-Evolves.
- Split Personality: In addition to Lucario, there's Sean and D.C.
9-Volt the Galvantula
Rei the Weavile
Sunny the Delphox
A young trainer from Twinleaf Town in Sinnoh.
- Bad Liar: Crewe is noted to be a horrible liar.
- Barrier Warrior: After her encounter with Isolde in Mt. Ohmeg, Crewe gained the ability to form Obscura barriers, whereas formerly Obscura tended to explode in her face whenever she tried to use it. This separates her from the majority of Aurics in the RP, whose powers tend to focus more on the offensive side of their abilities.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Herbert.
- Berserk Button: Hurt anyone she considers her "pack" (or threaten to hurt them, or look at them funny...) and she will not hesitate to stab you.
- Blind Without 'Em: Crewe has very poor vision without her glasses, in fact it was the main reason that Mew decided to have pity on her and make her human.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: In Orre, Crewe is Snagged and Shadowed by Cipher.
- Brats with Slingshots: Is often seen using the slingshot she made in Oblivia; in the AU, she complains because she's completely unarmed until she finds another slingshot on the Resistance sub.
- Changeling Fantasy: See Shapeshifter.
- Cool Sword: When she appears during the Hoenn-2 arc, she comes back with a Rayquaza themed sword that becomes sharper when charged with Obscura.
- Disappeared Dad: Her human father's dead, and both her birth parents are dead as well.
- Dude Magnet: Jab, Straw (Who she's currently dating), Vierr, and Lucius have all exhibited an attraction towards her.
- Knife Nut: Starts wielding a knife gifted to her by Titan following Orre.
- Meganekko: Wears glasses as a human.
- Morphic Resonance: Crewe is often described as looking a lot like a Sneasel even while in human form.
- My Greatest Failure: So many of her mons leaving her due to Crewe not being the best trainer when it came to to the more emotional aspects of Pokémon training.
- Official Couple: With Jab, before ending up with Straw.
- Shapeshifter: Turns out to be a Sneasel that was transformed into a human by a Mew. This was done to save her life, as her vision issues would've almost certainly caused her death in the wild. According to Word of God Crewe's human body is actually based on what a potential child of her human parents would've looked like had they been able to have kids, in order to better complete the illusion.
- Tomboy: Crewe has a hatred for most if not all stereotypically girly things.
- Transformation Trinket: Has a Moon Stone pendant that allows her to switch between human and Sneasel form at will.
- Teleporters and Transporters: Following her purification Crewe gains Teleport as a purification move.
- Unkempt Beauty: According to Herbert she's pretty in a "scruffy sort of way."
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: When Esprit tries to possess Straw during the Kalos arc, she cuts him up quite a bit with her dagger.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Vierr, as they constantly snipe at one another but are close friends anyway.
- Working with the Ex: Teams up with Jab to infiltrate the Holon Institute.
Clockwise the Noctowl
- Cloudcuckoolander: His default state, unless he's angry or confused.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Clockwise usually acts pretty crazy and out of it, but harm anyone on the team (or confuse him), and he becomes scarily competent.
- Papa Wolf: Threaten or hurt any member of his team, or his daughter Likewise, and Clockwise will hurt you.
Biton the Sneasel
- Big Brother Instinct: He is Crewe's oldest brother, and tends to treat her like a baby. Falls more under the "condescending" type.
- The Rival: To Gogie.
Beedrill the Fan Rotom
- Played by: Crowlover
First Appearance: Page 7511
- Beware the Nice Ones: While normally nice, when confronted with Verax during the climax of the Orre arc Crow planned on making him feel the pain of everyone he's ever hurt as revenge.
- Catch-Phrase: "[Interesting]* "
- Double Agent: Sort of. Crow was working for both Titan while being a member of the J-Team, trying to get the former to stop his plans while trying to get the latter to not oppose them directly. He quit after Titan's Heel–Face Turn.
- The Empath: Due to being a Heart of Gold.
- Giver of Lame Names: Is acknowledged as such in-universe.
- Honor Before Reason: Crow's aversion to stealing caused him to be unwilling to snag Crewe from Odin when Titan ordered him to do so, even though he was unsure of any other way to accomplish it.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Was initially friendly towards Iulianus, Verax, and Tornadus and Thundurus before figuring out their intentions. Tagg ends up getting particularly pissed off at him for trusting Verax in particular since it ended up revealing J-Team secrets.
- I Have Many Names: Has gone by Crow, Albert, Triton, Beta, and Sholto, each in different circumstances.
- Internal Reformist: Closest to Type 1 for Neo-Galactic, hoping to convince Titan to change it's goal toward better means though he abandoned this after Titan was overthrown.
- Mixed Ancestry: Mostly Poké-Japanese, but Kalosian and Poké-German from his mother's side, unspecified Poké-European from his father's.
- Morality Pet: Crow is trying to be one to Titan.
- Official Couple: With Sundancer.
- Pop-Cultural Osmosis Failure: Crow is completely ignorant of most pop culture references, to the pure incredulity of some others.
- Theme Naming: The Pokemon he caught in the Kalos Arc are named after characters from Worm, though this in unintentional in-Universe.
- Voice Changeling: Crow learned the ability to copy other's voices from Merle, but is unable to do so for female voices.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Dyed his hair turquoise while working for Titan. Switched back to his natural color after leaving Neo-Galactic.
Gogie (Male Mightyena)
- Bi the Way: Aside from Morrigan, he kissed Biton once. And later said he liked Bishop, even if they both decided to ignore it after.
- Dogged Nice Guy: To Morrigan. Unfortunately, she already had Belial.
- Playing with Fire: Knows Fire Fang and used it to start a fire on Route 35 and the Burned Tower.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Due to an incident with a huggy Conkeldurr, Gogie is quite afraid of Fighting-types in general, though is trying to work on at least being able to socialize with the ones he wants to.
Ghostus (Male Haunter)
- Jerkass: Tends to be rude as a general rule.
- No Indoor Voice: Doesn't always yell, but does so fairly often.
Venomous (Female Venomoth)
Sticy Lips (Male Lickilicky)
- Cuddle Bug: Likes to glomp peoplemons with his tongue.
Raser (Male Primeape)
- Berserk Button: Anger Point functions as this for him when it's activated.
- Interspecies Romance: With Venomous, Crow's Venomoth.
Glöckchen (Female Abomasnow)
- Creepy Child: She is often silent, save for occasional rings of her bell and occasional creepy comments about what happens to naughty children. She maintains this after evolving.
Finn (Male Garchomp)
- Insistent Terminology: Refers to himself as a mole rather than a dragon and insists others do as well.
Irrendolch (Male Accelgor)
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: Speaks as if literally translated from German, though most idioms are preserved
Chirin (Male Dark/Electric Flaafy)
- Green-Eyed Monster: Got jealous in the Hoenn-2 arc when Fishy seemed to be getting more attention than him.
Jolly (Female Wingull)
- The Eeyore: Despite her name, is often pessimistic.
Sundancer (Female Talonflame)
Dune, a.k.a. Derek Morton, is an explorer and aspiring archaeologist from Orre. He first found the J-Team in Humilau City during the Dream Rift Crisis, and has been following the group ever since.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: What he aspires to be.
- Adventurer Outfit: Of the "Archaeologist" variety, of course.
- Badass Normal: Has absolutely no Auric abilities as well as no Attribute. Only his fists, adrenaline, and training kept him from being killed by Verax during an ambush.
- Big, Screwed-Up Family: Dune's mother and father are rain and sun trainers that had a messy divorce and tend to fight whenever they see eachother. This combined with their shared disapproval for Dune's life choices has lead him to avoid them whenever possible.
- Cornered Rattlesnake: While Dune is no slouch in combat, he is extremely sensitive to "do or die" situations and can become extremely strong and fast when backed into a corner.
- Goggles Do Something Unusual: Wears a pair of custom Go-Goggles, which protect his eyes from everything from sandstorms to cold rain to dirt getting thrown in his eyes.
- Heir to the Dojo: Dune is so far the only living practitioner of his ancestor's ancient martial art, the Hagane no Tsume.
- Muggle Born of Mages: His mother is a confirmed Auric, yet he has no potential of his own.
- Official Couple: With Galvani
- Protectorate: Aline
- Solomon Divorce: He went to live with their father, his little sister lived with their mother. A retroactive case of Real Life Writes the Plot.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Dune has a dislike for scorpion Pokemon like Gligar and Scorupi. He is also somewhat nervous around the Houndour line after an incident with Dawg while he was a Drilbur.
- All Theories Are True: In her eyes, they are. It might explain the fact that some of her inventions seem to view the laws of physics more as kindly-worded suggestions.
- Blind Without 'Em: Has a pair of large glasses in her human form. Her eyesight is 20/50, making her almost legally blind without them and some slight astigmatism in her left eye prevents her from wearing contacts.
- Creating Life Is Awesome: At least, when the life you make is a miniature version of Optimus Prime, it's awesome.
- Cuteness Proximity: Towards Aline.
- Determinator: Even though she was brand new to her human form and couldn't fight, she still followed Dune through a raid on a Cipher facility as a human.
- Emphasize EVERYTHING: When she starts channeling her inner Spark, she starts speaking as if the whole WORLD WERE LISTENING!
- For Science!: Galvani has a thing for wanting to make things work, even if they work in ways they really shouldn't.
- Gadgeteer Genius: She's constantly improving on her more mundane devices, such as a customized Gameboy and Dune's hoverbike.
- Hot Scientist: Dune thinks so, anyway.
- Mad Scientist: Taking inspiration from Girl Genius (she even looks like Agatha Heterodyne) and Genius: The Transgression.
- No Plans, No Prototype, No Backup: A flaw in Galvani's method is that her creative benders are almost impossible to replicate.
- Science-Related Memetic Disorder: Has occasional bouts of inspiration that result in all-night benders that inevitably result in some device or another that may or may not break certain laws of physics.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: Turns out to be female after putting on an armband. Needless to say, it took Dune a while to get used to the fact that his starter, whom he referred to as masculine his entire life, was a dead ringer for Agatha Heterodyne.
Garuda (Male Sigilyph)
- Deadpan Snarker: Having a voice that barely registers emotions certainly lends itself to this.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Has sworn himself to Dune's service. Exactly how far this goes has not been tested.
Rill (Male Swampert)
- Only Sane Man: He's constantly having to deal with all of the different things that Dune's team, especially Galvani, get into.
Big Dom (Golurk)
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Being an Iron Fist Golurk, it only comes naturally.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Similar to Garuda, but for different reason.
- Protectorate: Everybody close to him.
- Super Robot: Almost everything about him is a Shout-Out to one Mecha franchise or another.
Selene (Female Clefable)
- Bi the Way: According to Word of God.
- Big Eater: Especially if it involves something sugary.
- Team Mom: Is very motherly to everyone on the team, especially younger Pokemon.
Ajax (Male Tyranitar)
- Bi the Way: According to Word of God.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: Absolutely despises how Tyranitar are viewed as mindless brutes.
- Gentle Giant: And proud of it.
- Stop Being Stereotypical: Has actually verbally assaulted a Tyranitar he caught working for Cipher, driving it to tears.
Cun Annwn (Male Stoutland)
- Genre Savvy: Having watched many, many, many Super Sentai and Super Robot series, Cun can give eerily accurate predictions about future events involving team members, and can identify tropes by name.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Despite being a normal Lillipup from Castelia, Cun still tries to be the best hero he can be. He's even an unconfirmed Soul of Silver.
Hildr (Female Delta Donphan)
- Daddy's Girl: Despite knowing that Dune is not in fact her father, she still treats him as such. This has been toned down after her evolution into a Donphan.
Flanagan (Male Krookodile)
- Berserk Button: His ability is Anger Point; getting hit by a critical activates it and sends him into a frothing rage.
- Born Lucky: Claims to be this when it comes to winning bets.
Zeus (Male Stunfisk)
- A God I Am: Sees himself as a god amongst mortals, which is pretty much just bluster.
- Put on a Bus: After realizing just how much trouble he was going to be, Dune boxed him for the longest time, even after the rest of his mons joined him on a more permanent basis.
Champloo (Male Lucario)
- Fourth-Wall Observer: Much like his namesake, the Fourth Wall is more a suggestion than anything else.
- Shout-Out: To Mr. Champloo from Disgaea 3.
- Supreme Chef: His brownies are so good they will reduce a Shadow Pokemon's shadow gauge.
- Training from Hell: The training he does with Dune.
Vega (Male Excadrill)
- Played by: Eskay 64
Eskay is a trainer from Ecruteak who makes it a point to be kind to everyone he meets. He first found out about the J-Team when he found out Umbra fought an Obscura wizard with some other members. In Hoenn-2, he and his gender-swapped identity as Sarah split and became completely separate individuals.
- A-Cup Angst/Petite Pride: As Sarah, she's not exactly well-endowed. She alternates between being perfectly fine with this fact, and wishing she was a little bit more.
- Achey Scars: A massive scar on his chest, originating from a Toxicroak that very nearly killed him, and worsened by being impaled within Psyche's mindscape, and has damaged some of his heart tissue.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: According to Lucius and Pentigan. Goes by "Sarah" in this state. Eventually splits into Eskay and a completely separate Sarah
- Author Avatar: Of his writer, although gradually less so over time.
- Badass Longcoat: Is always wearing a longcoat. Averted with Sarah, as a point of differentiating herself from Eskay.
- Bi the Way: Used to date Psyche, and now is more or less smitten with Lucius.
- Disappeared Dad: Left when he was 3 years old and has only recently come back into his life.
- Hair Decorations: Disguises a Rainbow Wing as one, as worn by Sarah.
- Hat Damage: His fedora has a long slit in the side due to a Noodle Incident while training Skye.
- Heart Trauma: After his Toxicroak-induced chest injury and later, impalement within Psyche's mindscape, he became much more fearful of being in the midst of action, due to a very real risk of heart attack.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: After killing Deimos. The Orre arc in general left him with a case of PTSD.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: With the Transistor in Psyche's mindscape
- Literal Split Personality: In the Hoenn-2 arc, where he and Sarah became entirely and permanently separate individuals.
- Missing Mom: She died when Eskay was 10 years old but came back six years later as a Delta Golurk.
- Nice Hat: A black fedora.
- Official Couple: With Psyche following their Sleep Cute. Broke up with her later on, though.
- Older Than They Look: A family trait, due to being descended from Lina — they look a couple years younger than they actually are, although not quite to the degree of their mother.
- Purple Eyes: Amethyst-purple, a quality he got due to being born in Ecruteak.
- Sarashi: Wears one to protect the scar. After Noir transforms Sarah's Pokeform into Croagunk, she uses "Sarashi" as her name.
- Scars Are Forever: His Toxicroak-induced scar, which is far too massive to ever truly fade; he only survived in the first place through a Legendary-given miracle.
- Unfazed Everyman: Became this after a complete annihilation of the Fourth Wall, as supplied by Spectrum. Was finally fazed again by Herbert when he decided to try joining PEFE.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Not against wearing a dress, even as Eskay.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Has a crippling fear of the Croagunk line due to a Toxicroak killing his mother in his presence. He started to get over it, but it was renewed fully when another Toxicroak almost killed him in the same way. Has mostly recovered from it as of Hoenn-2. Sarah is completely recovered.
- Your Mind Makes It Real: Although she managed to survive it, Sarah's impalement in Psyche's mindscape made their already-large scar even more noticeable and even more painful.
Skye (Female Skarmory)
- Fangirl: Of Luke and Lake.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Although she is for the most part solidly lesbian, she did have a hint of a crush on Lake.
- Interspecies Romance: With Diane, made reasonable through use of armbands.
- Like Brother and Sister: Being Eskay's starter, she shares an incredibly close bond with him. It's revealed during the Holon arc that they're actually cousins due to an ancestor of Skye's, Alice Amarin, being turned into a Skarmory.
- Official Couple: With Diane.
Jazz (Shiny Female Arbok)
- Deadpan Snarker: Always has a sarcastic quip.
Wilbur (Male Grumpig)
- Medium Awareness: His pearl opens him up to the fourth wall, much to his dismay.
Spectrum (Female Flygon)
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Upon finding out she lost her voice when she evolved
- Meaningful Name: She speaks in colors of the visible light spectrum.
- Medium Awareness: She and other mons notice that she spoke in different colors depending on the situation as a Trapinch, but are unsure of how to describe it.
Doopliss (Masculine Ditto)
- Expy: Of his namesake.
- Genre Savvy: During the Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Whole Plot Reference subarc, he jumped in and convinced the Doopliss that existed there to fulfill the plot itself to change his methods, all in order to screw with the protagonist group who were expecting things to go like the game.
- Medium Awareness: Is quite fond of vandalizing the Fourth Wall.
- Troll: Enjoys putting others through frustrating shenanigans for the hell of it.
Smuglord (Male Serperior)
- Ascended Meme: His name
Myra (Feminine Rotom)
- Haunted Technology: Possesses Linux in order to help the latter function properly in battle
- Shipper on Deck: Got Eskay and Psyche closer to each other by spooking them in the Old Chateau.
Banjo (Male Ursaring)
- Large Ham: Tends to be very LOUD.
Ria (Female Feraligatr)
MGMT (Male Eelektross)
- Shout-Out: To the band of the same name
- Left the Background Music On: Can only sing due to an accident involving an iPhokex.
- Shock and Awe: Is Electric-type.
- Running Gag:
- People or Pokemon referring to MGMT as an "Overpowered Jukebox"
- Trolling Riptide and other "serious" characters
- Troll: As mentioned above, he enjoys irritating more "serious" characters.
Oscar (Male Garbodor)
Cassius (Male Bisharp)
Everest (Male Scolipede)
- Mythology Gag: His name is a reference to "Epic Mount", the meta name given to Treeo's Scolipede buddy in the AU.
Dihrao (Male Nidoking)
Avada (Male Abra)
Lamarr (Female Kabuto)
Holly (Female Gardevoir)
- Played by: etran12
A Twenty year old wandering trainer who went on a journey to improve both his skills in battle, and his social skills.
- No Social Skills: Used to be this way, but is gradually learning the more he interacts with others.
A random Trainer from Nimbasa who ran into various members of the group during the Gold Conference and is now traveling with them. Since joining the group, he has met legendaries, patted a disguised Entei on the head, been turned into a Dunsparce, been sucked into an alternate timeline, and fallen in love.
- An Arm and a Leg: Loses his left arm during the Alola arc when a Kartana slices it off as he, Amanita, and Brie retreat from a Poni Island cave filled with them.
- The Apprentice: Is currently Tagg's.
- Badass Boast: When Zrone comes to try taking PEFE!Every away, Ever lists all the times that people have tried to kill him and he ended up killing them. While Zrone doesn't buy it and states later that had PEFE!Every not been there he would've tried killing him simply to piss off Tagg instead of leaving, he also admits it was still a gutsy move.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Is generally friendly and at least reasonably pleasant...and can scare a Crobat into defection with a glare, and doesn't take threats against his girlfriend Mezzo well.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Ever acts silly a lot of the time but is actually an extremely competent trainer and can be very ruthless in dealing with his enemies.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Tokarev puts Every under mind control during Orre using a ring placed around his head.
- Broke Your Arm Punching Out Cthulhu: Ever managed to kill Muninn with Skarmory feathers, but he literally broke a lot of his upper body's bones to do so.
- Death Glare: Pretty much his signature move as a Dunsparce. Carried over a bit as a human.
- Headbutting Heroes: Does not get along with Amanita especially well, and the feeling's mutual.
- Identical Stranger: Meets a PEFE employee who looks exactly like him a few times. Turns out that's because they're both descendants of Revy.
- Idiot Hair: Zizagged. Has an ahoge, though Ever is not particularly stupid, naive, or mischievous starting out. He does get more strange as the story goes on though.
- Irony: Despite Ever's love of Ghost-types, he's quite afraid of death, physical or otherwise.
- Meaningful Rename: Changes his name from Every to Ever in order to prevent enemies of the J-Team and people like All from easily finding him.
- Official Couple: With Mezzo.
- Ship Tease: With Mezzo during the early AU, before becoming an Official Couple.
- Significant Wardrobe Shift: Following his name change from Every during the aftermath of the Orre arc, Ever dyes his hair and starts wearing all blue.
- Major Injury Underreaction: After getting his arm cut off he seems more worried about the phone his left hand was holding than his unwanted limb amputation.
- No Pronunciation Guide: His surname is pronounced "Me-my-toe".
- Not So D Ifferent: Has a similar issue to his mentor Tagg regarding being open with his feelings.
- The Mind Is a Plaything of the Body: Was absolutely awful at resisting instincts during his time as a Dunsparce, and tended to burrow underground at the first sign of danger.
- Took a Level in Badass: Went from merely an average trainer to one that managed to beat the Unova League and take on Tagg as an equal over the course of the two year period between the GC and Unova-2.
- Unfazed Everyman: Was actually pretty fazed at first, but eventually got used to it.
- Uneven Hybrid: It's revealed during the Entralink Arc that he, PEFE!Every, and All are all descended from Revy having a nonconsensual moment with Tapu Lele when he raided Akala centuries ago, so they all have Semi-Divine fairy blood.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Is terrified of Ariados after nearly being killed by a swarm.
In the AU arc:
Tropes that apply to the whole team:
Diesel (Male Kricketune)
Every's first Pokemon, Diesel is far more powerful than his small size would suggest. He has a surprising range of attacks at his disposal, and is quite fond of putting opponents to sleep. Diesel is also completely obsessed with music, and has formed a band out of Every's Pokemon. Consequently, he strictly disallows Every from capturing any mon that can't create music somehow. Whereabouts in the AU are unknown.
- Berserk Button: Do NOT insult his music.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Has blades for arms.
- Fragile Speedster: Fast, but can't take many hits.
- Musical Assassin
Breeze (Male Chimecho)
A Chimecho caught as a Chingling, Breeze is one of the longer-standing members of Every's team. Despite his general childishness, Breeze is far smarter than he looks, and is a competent battler. Evolved to save Every's life when Every was bitten by an Ariados. Whereabouts in the AU are unknown.
- Green Thumb: Knows Energy Ball and Grass Knot.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Usually acts like a small child, but appears to be one of the more powerful members of Every's team.
- Older Than They Look: Despite acting like a child, he's in his early 20s in human years. (According to Word of God Chimeco age mentally slower than humans.)
- Psychic Powers
- Running Gag: Wondering or commenting on why Every can't fly.
Fade (Female Drifblim)
Fade was caught as a Drifloon by Valley Windworks when Every wanted a Ghost-type on his team, and Drifblim also appealed as a flier. However, Fade's efficiency as a flier is somewhat debatable, being as she usually drops Every from a few feet higher than is perhaps safe. Undead in the AU.
- Emotion Eater: Specifically fear.
- The Quiet One: And a Terse Talker when she does speak.
- Troll: She feeds on fear, and has no qualms about inspiring it through (sometimes quite nasty) pranks.
Slam (Male Quagsire)
A rather lazy Quagsire, that Every caught as a Wooper. Takes a while to register most things, including pain, but seems to be a fairly powerful battler. Every uses him for surfing, despite the fact that Slam has been outsped by passing Magikarp. Dead in the AU.
A Toxicroak that was caught as a Croagunk. Toxicroak is violent, rude, and altogether not a nice mon to be around, especially if you might look like food. Whereabouts in the AU are unknown.
A Bronzor caught during the GC, Gyru quickly established an utter contempt for all things organic, and an absolute belief in its own superiority. Evolved into a Bronzong during a battle against a murder of Murkrow. Whereabouts in the AU are unknown.
- Everything's Better with Spinning
- Fantastic Racism: Gyru hates organic mons.
- Psychic Powers
- No Biological Sex: And has no respect for anything that doesn't share this trait.
Salamence (Female Altaria)
A fairly young Altaria that Every caught during the GC. She's friendly, happy to meet new people or Pokemon, and is an absolute Salamence fangirl, to the point of falling in love with one.. Is good friends with Breeze and T (an Unown T that follows Every around), and has declared herself unofficial aunt to Shahinne, Silent's Starly. Whereabouts in the AU are unknown.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Well, she is a cloud.
- Genki Girl
- Hammer Space: Her wings can apparently hide both Shahinne and Zubat well enough for them to play hide-and-seek.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Is a Salamence fan (hence her name) and refuses to hear a word against them. Somewhat justified in that she's quite young.
- Our Dragons Are Different: After evolving during the battle with Nihilist!Tagg.
Jab (Male Weavile)
Jab was caught completely by accident, when he tripped over an Ultra Ball and caught himself. He's only been on Every's team for a short time, so not much is known about him yet, but he seems to be quite active and fond of picking fights.
- An Ice Person
- Casting a Shadow
- Fragile Speedster: Jab appears to be quite quick and agile, but he can't take a hit to save his life.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Tends to pick fights with everything.
- Working with the Ex: Ends up working with Crewe during the Holon arc.
Marmalade (Female Flygon)
Marmalade was met in the Route 111 desert as a Trapinch, and has since proven herself a valuable member of Every's team. She's older than she would look and seems to be pretty intelligent.
- Combat Pragmatist
- Dishing Out Dirt
- Foil: To Salamence. While Salamence is friendly and frequently has her head in the clouds, Marmalade is more down to earth and tends towards snarkiness. They both like kids though.
- Lightning Bruiser
- Older Than They Look: Despite looking fairly young, she's probably among Every's older mons.
- Our Dragons Are Different
Cirrus (Male Golbat)
- Nature: Quirky.Ability: Inner Focus.Met: Aqua Headquarters in Fallarbor (Zubat).Favorite Move:
Air CutterDragon Rage.
Cirrus is a Golbat whom Every received during a stint as a Team Aqua member. Zubat is somewhat odd, apparently believing himself to be a Dragonair. He seems nice though. Cirrus is no longer a member of Every's team, due to leaving after Every quit Team Aqua.
- Bat Out of Hell
- Cloudcuckoolander: Yeah. He's pretty normal aside from his illusions of Dragonair-ness though.
- Poisonous Pokemon
Drift (Male Jellicent)
Drift's egg was received from Fool as a Christmas present. Drift is quite young, and is only just learning to speak, so his personality is largely unknown.
- Making a Splash
- Personal Space Invader: Taken up to eleven. He tends to phase into people and explore their internal organs.
- Intangible Mon
Mix (Male Leafeon)
Mix is a Leafeon from Mr. Backlot's garden, who sought shelter in Every's hat to escape a hug-obsessed Spiritomb. When Mix refused to get off Every's head, Every caught him.
- Green Thumb
- Lightning Bruiser
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Does his best.
- Straight Gay: Is in a relationship with Butterscotch.
- Verbal Tic: Refers to all humans and Pokemon by two-word descriptors, such as referring to himself as an adaptable fox.
T (Unown T)
T is an Unown T of Unown origin, who spontaneously appeared in Jubilife City, and was befriended by Breeze. Has been tagging along with Every since then. T seems to put up with just about anything (Although it will occasionally question the sensibility of an action), and generally remains cheerful. Was in Every's narrative stream for a while during the AU, before leaving to do other things.
Note: T is not actually one of Every's mons. It is just a tagalong.
- Played by: Pipping Fool
Fool is a vaguely 20/21 year old girl hailing from the Pinwheel Forest of Unova. Raised by the local Simipour tribe, Fool never really became an official Pokemon trainer until she met the group in Unova. She is spunky and full of energy and a surprisingly good commander when the situation rises, as was the example of when she came up with a plan to attack the Sky Fortress in Oblivia. Despite her cheery nature, she does have Cute and Psycho tendencies. Her real name is Solana Malkewitz and she was born in Dewford town in Hoenn. The circumstances that lead to her parents death in the Pinwheel Forest are rather vague.. Notable events include taking down the Sky Fortress in Oblivia, tieing with Tagg ins the GC arc and eventually becoming the Big Bad in the Orange Islands Arc. Fool is currently working at the PEFE as a researcher.
In the AU timeline, she wasn't as nice at first. A rather cruel and cold maiden who worked for Scolemis and had a Propoganda General in her ownership that would later become a very important character. After regaining her memories, she tries to help the situation by helping taking down Lanius. After the battle agaisnt Cyrus, she goes back to her home in Hoenn and lives for her parents before going back to Unova for a short time. She is then ratted out, chased back to Hoenn, captured, and hanged in Unova. She was a Banette but won her full life back after taking on all the Midori Room Pokemon in a specialized Spirit Game.
- Birds of a Feather: Tagg and Fool's attraction to one another can be described as this.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: In the Orange Islands arc. Due to the influence of a certain accursed Mask.
- Cool Big Sis: Takes a sort of motherly attitude towards some of the other J-Team members, especially Vierr.
- The Corruptible: Considering her Face–Heel Turn in the AU arc and her tendency to become the Monster of the Week in earlier arcs, Fool would count as this.
- Cute and Psycho: Has some minor unhinged tendencies due to being part of a Simipour troop and participating in interspecies combat, but over the years they've abated for the most part.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Obtained several Pokemon that she battled against in the Gold Conference.
- Frying Pan of Doom: Has one, and isn't afraid to use it.
- Genki Girl: Is very energetic.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Has a tendency to blindly trust rather suspicious or spurious individuals, like Constantin.
- Lady of Black Magic: Is one of the more powerful Obscurics (both Dark and Ghost) in-universe to the point where she's able to create life from her Obscura and she ain't too shabby on the offensive side either. Though she uses her powers mainly in day-to-day tasks.
- Jabba Table Manners: Her table manners leave much to be desired.
- Jungle Princess: Grew up in the Pinwheel Forest
- Naďve Newcomer: In the beginning. She grows out of it.
- Official Couple: With Tagg.
- Omnicidal Maniac: Majora!Fool, who tried dropping the Moon on the Orange Islands.
- Raised by Wolves: Or in her case, Simipours.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Majora!Fool and later Noir certainly counts as one for Fool, though after the latter's exile from her mindscape she become's Sol's Enemy Without.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Compared to Tagg she has a lot more raw power, but isn't always the best at fine control.
- Weapon of Choice:
- Her frying pan.
- Later, An Electrowhip
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has blue hair.
In the AU arc:
- Big Brother Is Watching: Had a robust surveillance system throughout Undella Town.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Oh so very much at the beginning.
- Dressed to Kill: Often wore fancy clothing.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: Despite the awful things she did in Unova, it was said by Napoleon that she adored her parents so much that she would change her ways for them. Hence, why he burnt all the messages sent to her from her.
- Heel–Face Turn: After the AU arc.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Once she gets her Memories back, this happens. Then an Out, Damned Spot! before a mental breakdown.
- Manipulative Bitch: Loved manipulating people.
- Rich Bitch: Rich and outright murderous.
- Stepford Smiler: Maintained one of these to hide her true nature.
- Unwitting Pawn: Was this to Napoleon
- Wicked Cultured: In comparison to OU!Fool, whose dinner etiquette leaves much to be desired.
Michelle the Simipour ♀
- Action Mom: Is Artemia's mother.
- Author Appeal: Monkeys are one of the author's favorite animals.
- Everything Is Better With Monkeys
- Kukris Are Kool: Wields a kukri in the AU.
- Making a Splash: Water type.
- Put on a Necklace
Roderich the Serperior ♂
- Author Appeal: She's also fond of Snakes.
- Blue Blood: Carries himself like an aristocrat.
- Green Thumb: Grass types.
- My Greatest Failure: His inability to protect his old trainer, which got them separated.
- Put on a Bus: Or to be more exact, on Sol's necklace.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Has a fear of the colors black and white due to His previous master being taken away from him by Team Plasma, who used a Zoroark against him.
Satine the Chandelure ♀
- Cute and Psycho: Has tendencies.
- Playing with Fire
- Put on a Necklace
- The Quiet One: Doesn't say much compared to the other Members of Fool's team.
- The Smart Guy: The smartest member of Fool's team
Kamina the Krookodile ♂
- Boisterous Bruiser: Oh so very much.
- Dishing Out Dirt
- Expy: Not of his namesake, but of the Heavy
- Large Ham: ALWAYS SPEAKS IN ALLCAPS!
- Large and in Charge
- Overprotective Dad: Towards Sasha.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Sandviches. He likes them so much that he even robs Slouch of his Sandviches.
Socrates the (Shiny) Unfezant ♂
- Attention Whore: He's always seen showing off.
Lenore the Hydreigon ♀
- Casting a Shadow: Dark type.
- Nice Guy: Is this despite her species.
- The Pollyanna: Is very idealistic.
- The Storyteller: Though, her stories tend to go onto meaningless (yet hilarious) tangents.
- Split Personality: As a Zweilous, one head represented the left brain (Logical and Stratigic) while the other head represents the right brain (Creative and Emotional).
- The Sixth Ranger: Of Fool's original team.
MGMT the Eelektross ♂
- Game-Breaker: Is considered one in-universe.
- Shout-Out: To the band of the same name
- Left the Background Music On: Can only sing due to an accident involving an iPhokex.
- Shock and Awe: Electric type.
- Running Gag:
- People or Pokemon referring to MGMT as an "Overpowered Jukebox"
- Trolling Riptide
- Troll: His main personality trait.
Arachne the Ariados ♀
- Team Mom: Takes a motherly role amongst Fool's mons.
- The Fasionista: Loves her fashion.
- The Quiet One: Doesn't talk much.
Hatbox the Honchkrow ♂
- Author Appeal: Loves crows as well.
- Breakout Pokemon
- Cloudcuckoolander: Well, was this as a Murkrow. He grew some sense after evolving.
- Full-Name Basis: Referred to people and their Pokemon in this way as a Murkrow.
- Third-Person Person: Referred to himself in this way when he was a Murkrow.
Zecora the Espeon ♀
- Shout-Out: To the Zebra of the same name in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
- Rhymes on a Dime: Much like her namesake.
Sun the Blaziken ♀
Oswald the (Shiny) Breloom ♂
- The Alcoholic: Has raided a few inn bars in his short time on the team.
- Green Thumb: Grass type.
- Expy: Of the Sniper
Geb the Torterra ♂
- Big Fun: He's large and always a lot of fun.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Part Ground type.
- Green Thumb: Part Grass type.
- Meaningful Name: Named after the Egyptian god of fertility and earth, and like the mythological Geb he uses Earthquake by laughing.
- Turtle Power: He's a giant turtle.
Sparkster the Luxray ♂
Joyeu the Salamance ♂
Honora the Garchomp ♀
- Honor Before Reason: Well duh.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Joyeu
Bob the Wobbufett ♂
- Pokémon Speak: Says nothing but Wobbufett.
Quetzal the Archeops ♀
- Genki Girl: Is very energetic.
- Forgotten Fallen Friend: Was the same Archen in Crush's backstory
- Leeroy Jenkins: Is not much of a battle strategist.
- Large Ham: Is very bombastic.
Sahara the Staravia ♀
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Claudandus's blue.
Claudandus the Zororak ♂
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blu Oni to Sahara's red.
- Shout-Out: To the villain of Felidae, of all things.
- Shrinking Violet: He's very shy.
Snowman the (Shiny) Mew (Genderless, but referred to with Female Pronouns)
- Big Damn Heroes: Is this when the face off with Suefisk happens.
- Kids Are Cruel: Starts out as kind and bubbly. Though the events after the AU have given her a more... sadistic streak. And AU S Nowman wasn't very nice at all.
- Manipulative Bastard: Is not above manipulating others to get what she wants.
- Olympus Mons: She's a shiny Mew.
- Shout-Out: A Homestuck related one, to the Midnight Crew.
Sasha the Swanna ♀
- Gratuitous Russian: Speaks in Russian phrases, due to Kamina's influence.
- Happily Adopted: By Kamina.
- Head Pet: Likes resting on Kamina's head
- Like Brother and Sister: With Crowbar.
Poseidon the (Shiny) Chatot ♂
- Arch-Enemy: Implied, from all the backtalk he says about Caligula.
- Pirate: Acts like one.
- Pirate Parrot: Kinda obvious.
- Talk Like a Pirate: Speaks with a Bristolian accent.
Caligula the Typlosion ♂
- Love Triangle: Is involved with one with Gaston and Felicity.
- Ship Tease: He seems to be rather fond of Felicity.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Talks big but can't back up his bluster.
Gaston the Haxorus ♂
- Stalker with a Crush: All There In The Manuel, but he also has the hots for Felicity. Which leads to...
- Love Triangle: Is in one with Felicity and Caligula.
Felicity the Liepard ♀
- Ill Girl: A blind Liepard, but doesn't see her Blindness as a disadvantage.
- Loyal Animal Companion: To Fool.
- Shout-Out: Again, a Felidae related one.
Isis the Weavile ♀
- Casting a Shadow: Part Dark type.
- Combat Pragmatist: She does not play fair in battle.
- The Prankster: Though her pranks are more of the malicious kind.
- Trickster: Though of the meaner variety.
- Meaningful Name: Named after the Egyptian Goddess of the same name.
Waldo the Timburr ♂
- Expy: Of the obvious. Right down to the clothes.
- Lost in a Crowd: It's a Running Gag.
- Nerd Glasses: Has them.
- Needle in a Stack of Needles: Whenever he uses Double Team, this happens.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: He's pretty tough for his size.
- Simple Staff: His Magic Can.e
Kaepora the Tropius ♂
- All There in the Manual: His brother Gaebora. Prior to revealing him to be the runner of an orphanage on an island inhabited only by Shiny Pokemon, at least.
- Big Eater: Is described by various characters as gluttonous. He is frequently displayed eating berries, particuarlly the sweet kind.
- Cat Smile: Smiles like this all the time :3~
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: Especially when they're combined with banana trees.
- Powerup Mount: Fool's flier.
- Shout-Out: To Kaepora Gaebora
Maren the Bannette ♀
- Genki Girl: Is very energetic.
- The Jester/The Imp: Has elements of both.
- Meaningful Name: A "Maren" is a mythological folk creature that gave people nightmares and hugged others to death.
Aibileen the Delta Miltank ♀
- The Heart: She is pretty much the go two mother figure in the group.
- Extra-ore-dinary: Due to her Delta typing
- Making a Splash: Is Water/Steel due to her Delta typing.
- Ship Tease: With Sammy.
- Mama Bear: And is pretty damn protective as well.
Sammy the Samurott ♂
Crowbar the Marowak ♂
- Aloof Big Brother: Attempts to act this way.
- Battle Couple: With Sasha.
- Blue Blood: Inherits this attitude from his mentor, Roderich, yet he is also a lot of fun if you can chip away at that husk of his
- Like Brother and Sister: With Sasha the Swanna.
Molniya the Blitzle ♀
Hathor the Larvesta ♀
An expert Pokémon Trainer that has been into Pokémon battling for a living since he was a child.
- Adorkable: Has shades of this, especially when happy, like after snagging Regina back, or awkward, such as when around Hikari.
- All Love Is Unrequited: This is what happens every time he falls in love. Eventually he just stopped looking for it. Eventually subverted by Hikari.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: How he got his moniker, "The Pokémon Genius", he can quickly figure out how something works, and how people work from their actions, and used this to effectively plan out Batman Gambits mid-battle. After Elityria died, the trauma caused him to lose the ability to do this. As he's recovered he's gotten back into this, such as when he identified how Leng's Tsubame Gaeshi worked and a way to counter it after seeing it once.
- Badass Normal: The only thing remotely special about him is that he can understand Pokémon speech, but other than that, he's very good at Pokémon battles having fought three or four every day for about five years, and more than capable of holding his own when needed, able to wield a sword with frightening skill with minimal training. In a practice spar with Tagg he even manages to draw with him.
- Batman Gambit: Despite being a genius effectively only in name, he's rather effective at pulling these off. An example of which is during Orre, he knew Titan was going to underestimate him in a battle and made use of that to rescue Regina from him.
- Chess Motifs: Is quite fond of using chess metaphors.
- Comically Serious: Has shades of this from time to time.
- Death Glare: Fond of giving these when he starts getting mad, and can glare hard enough to occasionally freeze water over.
- Determinator: Explained by himself, given a reason or if his friends or people he cares about on the line, short of death he will stop at nothing and never stop until he succeeds. Lampshaded by RedEyes!Zeal in their Mindscape battle, he's still trying to fight after being disarmed, impaled by several dozen swords, and bleeding out, and laughs, mocking that he doesn't have any more free space to be stabbed.
- Dual Wielding: Duel wields two black and white blades known as Kanshou and Bakuya. It's the most natural style for him, so natural in fact that whenever he went from one sword to dual wielding mid-combat, he was immediately more effective, such as in the battle against RedEyes!Zeal or in his own Mindscape.
- Friendly Rival: Seems to have this kind of relationship with Sakura at first, but actually plays this more straight with Eskay.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Is able to make very interesting gadgets and apps for his laptop, such as developing a battle simulator to test his chances of beating certain tough opponents, to building Herbert a holographic arm-mounted PC for Christmas. Also develops a fully functioning Virtual Reality chamber in his house.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Losing Regina did quite a number on him.
- Ill Girl: Well, more guy, For Kanjoh-2 and the beginning of Unova-2, courtesy of a Toxic move.
- Incurable Cough of Death: As a result of the Toxic, until it actually got cured.
- Jerkass/Jerk with a Heart of Gold/Nice Guy: Which one he is depends heavily on the circumstances, though he's definitely on the Nice Guy side of things as of late after starting as a Jerkass.
- Love Makes You Evil: Not really the case, but in the J-Team TV Show, he's a villain for this reason.
- My Greatest Failure: Considers his failure to prevent his friend Cosette from being raped and Trinity's near-death to be this.
- Official Couple: With Hikari.
- Scars Are Forever: Has an X-shaped scar after getting slashed by Red Eyes!Zeal during Unova-2.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Several incidences, mostly towards his introduction by virtue of being unstable. See below.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Wasn't afraid of sinking as low as Cipher during Orre, even planning on using Sylva as bait for them. Some members of the team didn't take this well.
- Played by: skyzerk
Grim the NoctowlJason's starter he received as Hoothoot. Being the Psychic-type of team, he can translate Monese for Jason.
- I Warned You: He sometimes slips in this attitude towards Jason.
Ragna the ZangooseJason's father's partner Pokemon that has joined Jason's team after his father died. He acts as a guardian to Jason, even when he doesn't want.
Adephagos the GyaradosFormerly a Magikarp that had solitary life, keeping him away from other Magikarp. After he evolved Jason changed his name to match his power hungry tendencies.
- The Load: He saw himself as such while a Magikarp.
Linda the SandslashA soft spoken Sandslash, found as Sandslash. While she's quiet, she does like being complimented.
- The Determinator: She tries her hardest for her team.
Yojimbo the SnoverA shy and apologetic Snover who wants to evolve, but can't.
- Not Allowed to Grow Up: Despite all odds, he can't evolve because of the Everstone he unknowingly has.
Senshi the RaltsA Ralts that chose to join Jason's team in Snowbelle.
Joseph Hudson is a cheerful sixteen year old Unovan. He worked as a Pokemon Breeder before meeting the J-Team.
- Brooding Boy Gentle Other Boy: Is the Gentle Boy to Pi's Brooding Boy.
- Caffeine Bullet Time: When appropriately hyper on sugar, he nearly goes into Teleport Spam.
- Catch-Phrase: Goes "Oh!" before beginning a Motor Mouth spiel, which is very often.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Has his moments.
- Cuteness Proximity: Very often, especially with the Sneasel line.
- Friend to All Living Things: Due to his past as a breeder, he sees every line (save one) as wondrous. This boy would hug a Hydreigon.
- Keet: His most salient personality trait. It's part of his title!
- Moment Killer: He does this from time to time.
- Motor Mouth: Good lord. He rivals Fortis in this category.
- Older Than He Looks: Despite his short height and oftentimes childish behavior, he's nineteen.
- Shipper on Deck: Joseph writes shipfics with fellow J-Team members in it.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: He does this, mostly for the sake of comedy. He never bothers with the "bye".
- Stepford Smiler: When things get REALLY bad, he gets like this.
- Straight Gay: Previously identified as bisexual, though.
- Sweet Tooth: Has a major one.
- Played by: Lawlight
Krieg is a private Investigater currently hired by the Aether Foundation to investigate the currnt UB's Apearances.
- Anti-Hero: Although he won't do anything that will lead to the world changing for the worse, Krieg is overall morally ambiguous.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: The only reason why he accepts even the morally ambiguous request is so he has enough money to pay for his mother's hospital fee.
- Money, Dear Boy: See the trope Only in It for the Money below.
- Only in It for the Money: Krieg only agrees to do more than what they originally hired him for if they pay extra.
Gen the Gengar
Magma the Magmar
- Playing with Fire: Fire type
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Get's Angry very quick
- Jerk Ass: Boy, if you even read half of his dialogue.
Cro the Crobat
Lyn the Lycanroc
- Played by: MHMhasf1998
Locke, who is called Argent as a codename, due to his silver eyes and being from Canalave City, is a 19 year old detective working for the International Police. When he was 15, his parents were killed by a member of Team Galactic known as Wesker The Whisperer, who burned their house down with them still inside. His mother had pushed him out just in time, while they died in the flames. He has wowed to become strong enough to avenge his parents, and bring Wesker to justice, once and for all.
- Adorkable: He has some trouble interacting with other people, and, despite being 19, is still a fan of, and watches, shows like Proteam Omega, Prism Rangers, Scooby-Doom, and Wonder Fighters movies. He also plays games such as Anima, Sonic the Sandslash and Grasswhistle of the Eons.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: On the receiving end of a brutal one, by Wesker, when he first sees him in Kalos, 4 years after his parent's murder.
- Can't Catch Up: To Wesker, currently trying to fix that.
- Closet Geek: He prefers not to discuss his hobbies with strangers or acquaintances, and keeps a serious, on the job demeanor when around people besides friends, usually. Seems to be getting out of it by the point he meets Robin, who he engages in a lampshaded Jo Jos Bizzare Adventure type of battle.
- Gray Eyes: Silver, actually.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: After the Curb-Stomp Battle.
- Nice Guy: Besides his utter hatred of Wesker, he's an okay guy, going from one city to another just find a family heirloom of a little old lady, and frequently treats people to all you-can-eat meals, him paying.
- Talking with Signs: Communicates with his Pokemon by having them write down what they want to say on a notepad he carries around, and he replies to them.(Usually not with Mirror as he can the two of them can just communicate telepathically.)
- Tragic Keepsake: His locket, it houses the only photos of him and his parents that he has, as they were almost all burnt in the fire at his house.
- Villain Takes an Interest: Wesker did, after their battle.
- Waistcoat of Style: Likes wearing these.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Is pyrophobic, he paralyses in fear and memories when he sees a blaze of fire, which makes being around Denise uncomfortable for him.
Axel The SwampertLocke's first Pokemon. The fun-loving goofball of the team.
- Big Fun: As a Swampert, he's naturally fairly big.
- The Big Guy
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: While he may seem to be a fool, he's the most experienced of the team and is a strong battler.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Secondary Type.
- The Heart: He's the emotional center of the team, and often makes it his job to make others feel better.
- Making a Splash: Primary type.
Geo the LucarioLocke's honorable Lucario. Usually wears a bowtie.
- Action Initiative: Part Fighting type.
- Determinator: Has access to the move Endure, which makes him this. Being one of two Pokemon to come out still conscious after the Curb-Stomp Battle against Wesker, and then holding on to his Gallade through a teleport jump is also an example.
- Extra-ore-dinary: Part Steel type.
- Honor Before Reason: Fittingly, his ability is Justified.
- Kamehame Hadoken: His Aura Sphere is depicted as this.
- Noble Wolf
Mirror the BronzongThe only normal one, despite being a floating Totem.
- Deadpan Snarker: Very much so.
- Extra-ore-dinary: Part Steel Type.
- Psychic Powers: Part Psychic Type.
- Only Sane Man
Denise the ArcanineReceived from the International Police, Denise is the main means of transportation.
- Bi the Way: In the closet, as she is very insecure about it.
- Blood Knight: Loves fighting.
- The Lad-ette
- Playing with Fire
Rocker the HawluchaCaught along with Gundam in a double battle. He was born and raised in Unova, where his parents had moved, but he escaped to Kalos.
- Action Initiative: Half Fighting type.
- Blood Knight:Almost as much as Denise.
- Blow You Away: Half Flying type.
- Large Ham
- Wrestler in All of Us: MUCHA HAWLUCHA!
Gundam the GolettA Golett captured at the same time as Rocker. Often acts like a robot.
Willow the FroslassA Froslass that was tapped in a broken Pokeball but had been escaping to help Denise and Geo heal after the fight with Wesker. Joins the group, and may have a crush on Denise.
A 17 year old trainer (15 at his debut) born and raised in Eterna City, Sinnoh, who met the group in Virbank City. His father was a Team Galactic commander who disappeared a week before the events at Spear Pillar, and his goal ever since has been to find him and bring him to justice. Lucius is an antisocial loner with severe trust issues and a vicious mean streak - and yet to those few he manages to befriend, he shows a much softer and more vulnerable side. Since joining the J-Team, he has starred in a movie, started to learn how to use Aura, taken command of an army of Pawniard, and gotten roped into a love triangle.
Mid-way through the Kalos arc, he decided to leave the J-Team and travel solo with his close friend Alice. He returned during Ranger-2, having taken up the Batman-esqe alter-ego of "the Auric Avenger". He was mostly known as Herbert prior to Ranger-2.
- Adorkable: According to Carol.
- Affectionate Nickname: Carol (amongst others) calls him "Herby".
- Always Someone Better: Amongst his many insecurities is a crippling inferiority complex, which causes him to view nearly everyone else as this.
- Arch-Enemy: Alexiel, though he just sees Lucius as an annoyance.
- Apologises a Lot: When he's not being a massive Jerkass.
- Bad Liar: You don't need to be a Heart of Gold to tell if he's lying or not. Tagg even describes him as almost as bad at lying as Crewe.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Crewe.
- Berserk Button: Don't call him short. See Insistent Terminology below.
- Boxing Lessons for Superman: Prior to Ranger-2, he goes through martial training with Alice, who teaches him to rely less on Aura and more on mundane combat skills in order to combat the increasing number of Illusion and Neo-Galactic members with Aura Jammers.
- Butt-Monkey: To be fair, though, most of the time he deserves it. Most of the time.
- Byronic Hero: Played with to some extent. He's certainly dark and brooding, with both strong personal convictions that often run contrary to the majority and a troubled past. However, he's less "handsome, intelligent and cunning" and more "scrawny, headstrong and impulsive". In addition, whilst plots involving him are usually dramatic, he's not above moments of levity.
- Casanova Wannabe: If it's female and human, Lucius will attempt to flirt with it. This leads to a Never Live It Down moment when he tries to flirt with a genderbent Eskay.
- Chick Magnet: Despite his poor flirting record Carol, Crewe, Samantha, Alice, and Sarah have all had feelings for him at some point.
- The Cowl: As the Auric Avenger, in contrast to Shingeko's Cape.
- Deadpan Snarker: Both he and Tagg spend a lot of time snarking at whatever they encounter in their adventures.
- Determinator: Developed into this over time. Lucius is simply too stubborn to quit, no matter what he goes through or how much punishment he takes.
- Determined Defeatist: Lucius is a firm pessimist, and yet his stubbornness drives him to keep fighting even in the face of overwhelming odds.
- Discard and Draw: After getting revived he loses his Aura powers, but gains Ghost Obscuric abilities as a result of his new body.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": He mostly went by Herbert, for reasons he kept to himself. After Kalos he decides to start going by Lucius again.
- The Empath: A novice Auric, though just because he's able to read people's emotional state doesn't mean he pays any attention to it.
- Expecting Someone Taller: Inverted when Sarah meets Lucius again in Fiore when it turns out he's managed to grow a few inches in the interim.
- Hates Being Touched: Downplayed. Lucius never enjoyed physical contact and rarely initiated it himself, but never reacted adversely to it. Then Orre rolled around, and he developed a crippling fear of being touched by anyone, Duke in particular. He's begun to overcome this phobia, however.
- I Have Many Names: Has four real names, one personal alias, and no less than five separate nicknames of various quality.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Had some sort of relationship with Alice in the past, and was in one with Samantha.
- Innocent Bigot: As a result of being raised by a Team Galactic commander, he had some rather... backwards views about Pokemon. He wasn't as bad as Galactic are, but he didn't see Pokemon as anything more than intelligent but still inferior animals and the concept of a human/Pokemon relationship utterly revolted him. This got him a vicious ass-whooping at the hands of Diane. Eventually he learns to become more accepting of Pokemon as sentient creatures.
- Insistent Terminology: He's "vertically challenged" regarding his shortness.
- Insult of Endearment: Crewe's mocking appellation of "fruitcake" comes to be used in a more affectionate context over time.
- It's Personal: He considers his vendetta against Alexiel to be this. Alexiel, of course, doesn't consider him to be anything more than a particularly persistent nuisance.
- Jerkass: His stubbornness, tendency to hold grudges, and casually mean-spirited commentary even in the most inappropriate of situations doesn't win him many friends, yet Lucius can (usually) be called upon to do the right thing when it counts.
- Luminescent Blush: Whenever he is embarrassed in front of a girl. Which is pretty much always.
- Knight In Sour Armor: Like Tagg has has a rather cynical view of the world, but still fights to protect the helpless anyway.
- Official Couple: With Samantha, until their breakup. Their relationship was hardly as straight an example as most couples in the RP, however; having a girlfriend doesn't make him any less afraid of long-term commitment, and whilst he genuinely cares for Samantha, he still has difficulties keeping his feelings for other girls in check.
- Open Mouth, Insert Foot: He wouldn't get into half as many fights if he could just keep his mouth shut on occasion.
- Made of Iron: For a frail teenager, Lucius is ridiculously hard to kill. Justified during Okamiquest, however, as the Orange Locket provides him with a Healing Factor.
- Name of Cain: And just like IRL, having that name has given him nothing but trouble.
- Never Be Hurt Again: One of his driving motivations. After everything he went through in Orre, he's determined to prevent such a situation from ever occurring again.
- Not So Different: The similarities between him and a younger Tagg have not escaped notice.
- Principles Zealot: Samantha compares him to Rorschach because of his refusal to compromise his values under any circumstances.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Towards Carol, even though Everyone Can See It.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: With Tagg and Ammy at the beginning of Okamiquest, though they later all end up becoming Fire-Forged Friends. His friendship with Tagg collapses after the events of Orre, however.
- These Hands Have Killed: Experiences this after killing Edge, which causes a brief period of Heroic B.S.O.D..
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: In contrast to Tagg, who doesn't have quite as many issues with killing. During the Okamiquest arc he becomes more of a Martial Pacifist.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Samantha was nearly six inches taller than him when he first started dating her, though he's closed the gap somewhat since then.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Lyuri. Until Orre, where the "best buds" bit disappeared, and hard. Eventually the two repaired their friendship, though it took them the better part of a year to do so.
- Would Hit a Girl: Even when sparring with his own girlfriend, he shows no more restraint than he would against anybody else.
Tropes that apply to AU!Herbert:
Tropes that apply to the whole team:
Kirk (Male Lucario)
Kirk is Lucius' starter, and is rather more boisterous than most Lucario.
- Blood Knight: Never shies away from a fight.
- Boisterous Weakling: Downplayed. Kirk can actually fight, and is probably the second-strongest Pokemon on Lucius' team, but he can almost never back up his boasts about being able to beat everyone in the room.
- Characterization Marches On: Wasn't nearly as much of a Jerkass during his first appearances.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Inverted. Because of a misunderstanding, he believes the kind and emphatic Eskay is a murderer and is highly hostile towards him.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: In combat, though he occasionally slips into being a Master of None.
- Jerkass: Kirk can like his trainer often be a bit of an asshole, especially towards mons he considers annoying and weak such as Gogie.
- Put on a Bus: During the end of Holon and entirety of Orre.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Leaves Herbert's team due to a combination of feeling like he was being held back and Herbert seemingly dying.
- Sore Loser: Towards Seth after their first time facing each other.
- Those Two Guys: With Ripley.
In the AU, Kirk's belief in Pokemon supremacy led to him abandoning Herbert and joining Scolemis, indirectly leading to the former's death. After Scolemis collapsed, he signed up with the Seven Jerk Dragons instead, despite his non-draconic origins.
Tropes that apply to AU!Kirk:
- Blood Knight: Even more so than in the OU.
- Jerk Ass: Surprisingly enough, he actually comes off as less abrasive than his OU counterpart, though this may just be by the standards of the AU.
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: Unlike his OU counterpart, however, he shows no signs of trying to improve his attitude - he's an unrepentant Blood Knight who abandoned his own trainer, has no qualms about serving a brutal and oppressive regime and is perfectly willing to betray his own allies for a chance at political advancement.
- Noble Demon
- Remember the New Guy?: A former Scolemis officer and a major player in the AUnova political scene... who just happened to have never shown up in the original AU arc.
Maul (Male Alakazam)
Maul was given to Lucius by his father. Though he is a capable telepath, he never speaks, except in cryptic half-sentences.
- Cryptic Conversation: He'd specialise in these, if he ever said more than one sentence at a time.
- Fragile Speedster: Fast, but he can't take many hits.
- The Gadfly: His purpose in life seems to be to confuse and annoy Herbert as much as possible.
- The Quiet One: Doesn't talk much.
- Scars Are Forever: Has a massive scar running across his chest, courtesy of Edge.
Ripley (Female Weavile)
Ripley was caught by Lucius near Snowpoint City, although she doesn't seem to like her trainer much and regards him as more of an annoyance than anything. Eventually traded to Joseph prior to Orre.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Jerk Ass
- Mama Bear: She does care about Newt's well-being and hurting (or losing her in the case of Joseph) is a good way of earning her rage.
- Those Two Guys: With Kirk.
Newt (Female Sneasel)
Ripley and Rogue's eldest (and only) daughter, Newt was the product of what was supposed to be a one-night tryst in Lentimas. Despite technically being Lucius' Pokemon, she spent most of her time with Joseph before finally being officially traded to him.
- Deliberately Cute Child: She often utilizes her young age to help her charm potential con victims, with varying degrees of success.
- Little Miss Con Artist: A compulsive kleptomaniac.
- Little Miss Snarker: Shows shades of this.
Bishop (Male Scizor)
Bishop was a former Shadow Pokemon, found and rescued by Lucius in Orre. He is fiercely loyal to Herbert because of this.
- Apologetic Attacker: Often.
- Badass Adorable: At least according to Sakura.
- Beware the Nice Ones: A friendly, polite and reserved Pokemon who despises violence in all its forms... who also happens to be the strongest Pokemon on Lucius' team and in possession of powerful paternal instincts. Messing with him or his team is a very bad idea, as Teacher found out.
- Dark and Troubled Past: As a Shadow Pokemon, he tore two Cipher members to shreds and almost killed Herbert when they first met.
- Deadpan Snarker: It's subtle, but Bishop's brand of wit is rather sarcastic. Get him angry - a difficult feat - and he unleashes a vicious barrage of snark.
- Fate Worse than Death: Seems to consider becoming a Shadow Pokémon as such.
- Glass Cannon: As a Scyther, Bishop was powerful, but he could barely take even a couple of hits.
- Jumped at the Call: Was quite eager to evolve and probably would do so immediately was it not for Herbert deciding to wait for a while.
- Lightning Bruiser: He seems to have become one upon evolution.
- Nice Guy: One of the only Pokemon on Herbert's team willing to place the wellbeing of others above his own.
- Papa Wolf: Possesses strong paternal instincts and is highly protective of his team.
- Platonic Life-Partners: Is still good friends with Seth despite him not reciprocating his crush.
- Straight Gay: He has a crush on Sakura's Scizor, Seth, who doesn't reciprocate.
- Team Dad: The one responsible for taking care of his team, especially without Kirk around.
- Undying Loyalty: To Lucius, to the point where he will inflict Disproportionate Retribution on anyone that threatens him.
- Why Did It Have To Be...:
- Stone Edge: Possibly the move he was hit with the most ever since his debut, though that's bound to change since he's now a Scizor.
- Shadow Pokémon: Completely froze upon facing Shadow!Duke, but has learnt to face his fear after multiple encounters with other Shadows.
Elan (Male Bibarel)
A Bibarel Lucius was given in Sinnoh as a HM user, Elan spends most of his time boxed.
Leia (Female Politoed)
A Politoed from the Dream World, caught by Lucius in Castelia City.
Wrex (Male Scraggy)
A hyperactive young Scraggy caught by Lucius on Route 4 in Unova.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Cheerful Child
- Keet: He is constantly bouncing around, trying to fight with everything he sees and yelling excitedly.
- Motor Mouth: Has his moments, sometimes accompanied by fellow Motor Mouth Shale for double the headache and confusion.
Falchion (Male Bisharp)
A Pawniard that formerly worked for Edge's Pawniard army, which kidnapped Carol. Falchion was taken captive by Luicus and is now forced to work for him instead.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Defeat Means Friendship: After his defeat, Edge's last order to him was to follow Herbert's orders, and he does so to the best of his ability. Doesn't mean he likes it, however.
- Dirty Coward: Will utilise any means possible to get out of a fight.
- Token Evil Teammate
Samus (Female Tranquill)
A Dream World Tranquill, Samus was originally caught by Lucius as a Pidove in Opelucid City.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Divorced from reality to an almost dangerous extent, to the point where she refers to Aelia as a "nice scientist lady" and enjoys being forcibly multityped.
- Shipper on Deck
Harkness (Male Monferno)
Originally a Chimchar caught by Jacob in the Unova League at the peak of the Dream World crisis, Harkness has since been traded to Lucius and evolved into a Monferno.
Revan (Male Dusknoir)
Lucanus' closest companion during his life, Revan died at the hands of the Ghost Lord, only to be resurrected as a ghost himself. He spent the next six centuries in a Holonese tomb before eventually being found by Lucius' team. Is also Maul's ancestor.
- Broken Pedestal: Suffers from this after learning about Lucanus' Face–Heel Turn.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: Lucius calls him out for allowing his entire existence to revolve around Lucanus, and ever since he has been uncertain about what to do with himself.
- The Gadfly: Much like his descendant.
- Jerkass: Takes a perverse sort of pride in being as much of an annoying asshole as possible.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Despite his apparent disdain for the man, he genuinely liked and admired Lucanus.
Kerrigan (Female Machop)
A Shadow Pokemon that Lucius snagged from a pair of Cipher Peons in Orre.
- Played by: PinkCelebi
Denshi (Female Raichu)Eridanus's starter that has been received as a Pichu from a friend that's also her former Trainer.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Her actions show this sometimes. For example, when it was revealed that her Hidden Power would be a Dragon-type, she pretended to be a dragon.
- Genki Girl: Has a lot of energy.
- Nice Girl: Like her Trainer, she's a kind Pokemon by default.
Forge (Masculine Magnemite)A Magnemite caught back in Mauville City when Pokemon from New Mauville started to swarm the city. While Magnemite's physical gender is unknown, mentally Forge is a male.
- Deadpan Snarker: Once in a while, you'll see him sporting a sarcastic remark.
- Genius Bruiser: He is the smart guy of the team, but at the same time, his combat abilities aren't behind the rest of the team.
Fox (Male Trapinch)Trapinch caught back in Hoenn on Route 111.
- Spirited Competitor: Seeks to improve his combat abilities. However, he can go easy on someone if needed.
Vivi (Male Fennekin)A Fennekin received from Sycamore's assistant.
- The Prankster: Sometimes plays a prank on someone, like setting them on fire ala anime gag.
- Played by: Meddler413
Meddler/Rebecca Goldman, is a 17 year-old part-time trainer. She started her journey at around 8-10 years old, tagging along with her brother, Gamer. Meddler ended up getting ditched by Gamer in a bookstore. She spent the next two years looking for Gamer, somehow becoming a Sinnoh champion along the way. She eventually caught up to her brother and traveled with the J-Team for a while before returning home to focus on school and run from her feelings. But with the arrival of the J-Team in Hoenn, Rebecca's wanderlust was reawakened, and she has rejoined the J-Team in search of a good adventure.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: To Gamer.
- Big Brother Worship: Also to Gamer.
- Bi the Way: Had a crush on Crewe for years. Is actually a very open bisexual.
- Cheerful Child: Was definitely this in the beginining. After the timeskip, not so much.
- Crash-Into Hello: With pretty much everyone she meets.
- Lethal Joke Character: Somehow managed to become a Sinnoh champion at age 10.
- Odd Friendship: Used to have this with Wolf, currently has this with Eskay.
- Stepford Smiler: For a while after the timeskip.
- Sweet Tooth: has a thing for chocolate.
- The Klutz: This has not gone away in her later years.
- The Load: At least, to Gamer she was this.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Dyed her hair purple after leaving the J-Team, and continues to dye it many different colors, including pink, green, and American Flag colored.
In the AU: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/aupictureofmeddler.png/AU Meddler(called Meds in this timeline) ran away from home when she was 8, in hopes of becoming an actress and because she was bored with her life. She ended up in Unova, becoming a pickpocket and living in a dumpster. Strangely enough, she wound up with the same Pokemon her original-timeline-self had.
Violet the Swampert
- Deadpan Snarker: Pretty much her defining characteristic.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Very deep down.
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: Unfortunately, she usually comes across as this.
Sally the Cinccino
Benny the Gigalith
Knuckles the Machamp
- Only Sane Man: Usually with Sally.
- Played by: Mezzopiano
A 21 year old trainer and self-styled "Dark-type Fangirl" who met the group when she arrived in Fiore. She originally hails from Castelia City in Unova. Her goal is to one day become the world's first Dark type Gym Leader. Since joining the group, she's been turned into a Purrloin, met several legendaries, and fallen in love.
In the AU arc, after her home was taken over by Scolipede and Artemis, she surrendered to their forces and joined their army. She rose through the ranks until she became the governor of Black City, leading her own Dark-type branch of Scolemis' army named the Black Guard.
First appearance: Page 1667.
- Alliterative Name: Mezzo Morendo.
- Ascended Fangirl: She used to write fanfiction of the team before she joined them, though she now considers it an Old Shame. (Tagg and Gamer taking turns mocking it while ignorant of the writer's true identity probably also helped.)
- Bi the Way: Once tried courting Lily, and is currently with Every.
- Bifauxnen: Several people have mistaken her for a boy.
- Casting a Shadow: Her whole team, and herself as a Liepard.
- Cat Girl: Has some shades of this, particularly when exposed to Skittynip due to her feline Pokéform.
- Celeb Crush: She had one on Grimsley for a while. She's mostly over it now that she's in a relationship.
- Crash-Into Hello: How she first met the group.
- Dark Is Edgy: While Mezzo is a good person overall, she does have a mean streak that comes out when annoyed and over the years has gained a bit of a violent streak.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Mezzo is a pretty nice person overall, despite having a team full of Dark-types, though she can have a bit of a mean streak at times.
- Deadpan Snarker: Certainly has her moments of snarkiness.
- Determinator: Managed to beat the Unova League years before she met the rest of the J-Team. It took her about 33 tries.
- Limited Wardrobe: Always wears black.
- Meganekko: Wears glasses, except in the AU arc, where she wears contacts instead.
- Musical Theme Naming: She and all of her siblings are named after terms on the dynamics scale.
- Not a Morning Person: She has a tendency to sleep late.
- Official Couple: With Every.
- Parasol of Pain: Gained one when she was drawn into a Pokémon version of The Great Cave Offensive. She's kept it around since then.
- Perky Goth: Sure, she wears black all the time and trains only Dark types, but she still knows how to have fun.
- Sweet Tooth: Loves candy.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: There are still arguments going on in the in-universe fanbase as to whether she's a boy or girl, and Mezzo has at times made contradictory statements regarding her gender in order to troll the fanbase.
- Weight Woe: Once she starts getting pudgier as a result of all the candy she eats, Mezzo starts feeling very self-conscious about her weight.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Natural in her case.
Tropes that apply to AU Mezzo:
- An Offer You Can't Refuse: Was given the offer of either taking a job with Scolemis, or being killed by them.
- Dark Is Evil: She was a commander under Artemis and Scolipede, leading an army of Dark-type Pokémon.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Following her Heel–Face Turn.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After her original memories are returned.
- Official Couple: Ends up with Every in this universe too following the retaking of Black City during the Draconic Uprising.
- Praetorian Guard: The Black Guard, made up of her original mons.
- Sole Survivor: Of the Morendo family, as all ended up getting killed during the Scolemis Uprising.
- Sword Cane: Wields one of these.
- We Have Reserves: She believes the lives of her soldiers are to be used as she sees fit.
- Zerg Rush: Her preferred style of attack is to overwhelm her enemies with sheer numbers.
Tropes that apply to the whole team:
- Casting a Shadow: All are Dark types.
- Everybody's Dead, Dave: Nearly all Mezzo's mons save for Felis and Dreadwing end up dying fighting Napoleon's forces.
- Face–Heel Turn: The majority of Mezzo's mons are evil in the AU arc.
- No-Sell: Against Psychic attacks. However, it also means they can't receive telepathic messages.
Felis (Male Liepard)
Mezzo's starter, originally a pet Purrloin she received as a birthday present before she began her journey. He considers himself Mezzo's favorite, and in a few ways, he's right. He has a bit of a spoiled attitude, but does love his trainer.
- Attack the Tail: Gets his tail cut off by Napoleon in the AU.
- Bullying a Dragon: Insults everyone, including literal dragons and legendaries. Twice has he tried to bully Nadia, and both times he was nearly killed.
- Cats Are Mean: Felis is a Liepard, and he certainly is very mean.
- Cats Are Snarkers: Felis can't help but give at least one snarky remark to someone.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: Insults Ho-oh, a god, without skipping a beat.
- Flat "What.": Uses these so often, it's practically his catchphrase.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Sticks with Mezzo no matter what, even when the Nihilego toxin is messing with her mind he refuses to abandon her and even fights the J-Teamers who try to stop her out of pure loyalty.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Has shown that despite being a jerk most of the time he does care about Mezzo.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Has a few moments like this.
- Right-Hand Cat: In the AU arc he's Mezzo's right hand as a general.
- Sour Supporter: Despite being a sour curmudgeon most of the time, he's loyal to Mezzo to the end.
- Why Did It Have to Be Hydreigon: He has a fear of Hydreigon, thanks to Charybdis.
Sunny (Male Umbreon; an Espeon in the AU)
An Umbreon that Mezzo received as a gift from her brother. He is generally cheerful and optimistic, despite his Dark typing but fitting his name. He's the only member of Mezzo's team who can read. He has an interest in writing fanfiction and a tendency to pair people together in his head.
- Bi the Way: Likes girls, but is also in a relationship with Kensei, Wolf's Samurott.
- Exposition Fairy: Takes on this role when he and Wolf are pulled into a Pokémon-themed version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
- Head Pet: Forced in this position as a tinfoil hat when Mezzo is afraid of DSpeon reading her thoughts.
- Keet: Is very energetic.
- Love Freak: As best shown through his numerous romance fics.
- Shipper on Deck: Likes pairing up everyone in the group, trainer and Pokémon alike (Regardless of any relationships they might be in), and writes fanfiction about them. He once got himself into trouble for publishing a Mezzo/Wolf fanfiction under Mezzo's name. Or a (very cute) Poké!Mezzery one.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With his brother, Shadow.
- Squee!: What he does upon encountering a new ship. Also how he uses Screech.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Particularly in the AU, where it's his idealism that ends up awakening Zekrom.
Yin (Male Absol)
An Absol that Mezzo caught traveling in a pack on Sinnoh's Route 213. He is very wary and quick to flee, particularly when he can feel a disaster coming.
- Cowardly Lion: Despite being the first to flee Yin is willing to fight when he has to.
- Properly Paranoid: Has moments when he's actually quite right to flee.
- The End Is Nigh: Gets like this whenever he senses an impending disaster.
- Villainous Valour: Decides to fight against Napoleon's forces in the AU without a hint of fear.
Dreadwing (Female Mandibuzz)
A Mandibuzz that Mezzo originally caught as a Vullaby on Unova Route 10. She likes to collect bones to decorate herself with. Mezzo uses her to fly, since she's bigger than Nevermore.
- Blow You Away: Part Flying type.
- Captain Crash: Whenever she tries to fly Mezzo anywhere, she ends up crashing into someone or something.
- Made of Iron: Survived a Thunderbolt in the AU that killed Nevermore despite her weakness to Electric attacks.
Cerberus (Female Houndoom)
A Houndoom that Mezzo caught from a pack traveling on Unova Route 9. She loves nothing more than to burn things with her fiery breath.
- Character Death: In the AU, due to Die biting her throat.
- Eye Scream: In the AU Die slashes one of her eyes out during their battle.
- Playing with Fire: Part Fire type.
- Pyromaniac: Cerberus loves burning things.
Muramasa (Female Bisharp)
A Bisharp that Mezzo originally caught as a Pawniard on Unova Route 9. Little is known about her, as she rarely ever speaks.
- Extra-ore-dinary: Part Steel type.
- Terse Talker: Speaks very infrequently, and even then only in one-word snippets.
Charybdis (Female Hydreigon)
A Hydreigon that was caught as a Deino on Unova's Victory Road. Before she evolved, Felis tormented her relentlessly. After an incident involving a Dragon Pulse so strong it prevented Felis from walking for a week, he is now utterly terrified of her. Mezzo rides on her when she needs to cross water, since she's the only one on the team that knows Surf.
- Pride: Thinks of herself as superior to all other Pokémon.
Serket (Female Drapion)
A Drapion that was originally caught as a Skorupi in Sinnoh's Safari Zone. She views battling as a friendly competition, and is mostly interested in developing new strategies and seeking worthy opponents.
Nevermore (Female Honchkrow)
A Honchkrow that was originally caught as a Murkrow in Sinnoh's Eterna Forest. She is pushy and demanding, and has a habit of pecking Mezzo in the head until her demands are met. She thinks of herself as the boss and Mezzo and her other Pokémon as her minions.
- Jerk Ass: Is a big one, and unlike Felis she's yet to have any sympathetic moments.
Spiny (Male Sharpedo)
A Sharpedo that Mezzo caught as a Carvanha in the Orange Islands. He likes to bite things.
- Making a Splash: Part Water type.
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: Like any other shark, his main weapon is his teeth, and he has a lot of them.
Butterscotch (Male Zoroark)
An illusionary Zoroark that was created by Fool practicing Obscura powers. He gained a life of his own and was given away to Mezzo. As a result of his odd origin, he is yellow instead of the usual Zoroark colors.
- Brutal Honesty: A trait of his.
- Glamour Failure: He keeps his yellow coloring when he uses his Illusion ability.
- Straight Gay: Is in a relationship with Mix.
Bellatrix (Female Scrafty)
- Nature: UnknownAbility: MoxieMet: Fallarbor Town (Egg)Ball: PokéFavorite Move: Headbutt
A Scraggy that Mezzo received as a Christmas present from Fool. She likes to headbutt things.
- Like Is, Like, a Comma: She, like, picked up this habit after she evolved.
Demyx (Male Crawdaunt)
- Nature: LaxAbility: Shell ArmorMet: Onion OceanBall: PokéFavorite Move: Double Team
Xel'lotath (Female Malamar)
- Nature: AdamantAbility: ContraryMet: Muraille CoastBall: DuskFavorite Move: Superpower
- Expy: Of the abomination that shares her name.
- Psychic Powers: This also means that unlike the rest of the team, she can hear telepathy.
- Shout-Out: Named after an Eldritch Abomination from Eternal Darkness.
- Sickly Green Glow: Much like her namesake, her Psychic attacks take this color.
- Voice of the Legion: Like her namesake, she speaks with two voices. When angered, both speak in unison.