They are burningly passionate about everything that they do. They give their all in absolutely everything they do, regardless of the task. They do not know how to be half-hearted or lackadaisical about anything they care about. These characters are Hot-Blooded.
Using the power of guts, determination, and badassery they throw themselves headfirst into the worst situations imaginable and come out on top through sheer force of will and often have a strong tendency to do impressive things. Even non hot-blooded characters or the nicest ones can occasionally have their own hot-blooded incidents; this is frequently their Moment of Awesome.
Beware if they go into an Unstoppable Rage or Tranquil Fury; someone's really managed to piss them off. Triple that for elemental or Personality Powers; they're likely Playing with Fire. Especially common in the Super Robot Genre. The hot-blooded person is usually, though not always, identifiable by a mane of scarlet hair and/or Hot Blooded Sideburns. A common trait of The Ace and, to a lesser degree, the Boisterous Bruiser. This trait is a staple of Choleric characters in a Four-Temperament Ensemble.
Compare with the:
- Ax-Crazy, if the hot-blooded character is mentally deranged.
- Large Ham, which is about extreme expression, with or without extreme emotion.
- Genki Girl which is about being excitable.
- Keet which is the Spear Counterpart to Genki Girl.
- Anime & Manga Mecha
- Anime & Manga Other
- Comic Books
- Fan Works
- Films Animated
- Films Live-Action
- Live-Action TV
- Tabletop Games
- Video Games
- Visual Novels
- Web Original
- Western Animation
- Real Life
- As Leonardo paints it in The Last Supper, Peter doesn't react to Jesus's news with shock or confusion, but with visible anger, reaching across the table to speak with Jesus.
- Tahu from BIONICLE, with the Personality Powers to boot.
"No...it is not too late...for I am...THE MASTER OF FIRE!!!" *gesticulates wildly*