High school student Miu Sakurai has the toughest luck. She's much older than she looks and has the biggest crush on Shion Amamiya, the resident hottie, so she believes that her underdeveloped physique keeps her from being noticed by him. She decides to try getting him by other methods... like Black Magic. Sure, maybe reading the old spellbook she found in a book-store will work, she has nothing to lose anyway.
The thing is, the spell was actually a Deal with the Devil, and Miu ends up summoning Satan himself. Much to her surprise, Satan turns out to be... much less ugly than you'd think, since he has the looks of a Tall, Dark, and Handsome guy alongside a mean and perverted streak. Miu tells him her woes, he agrees to help her get Amamiya's heart... but demands the girl's virginity as the price. Miu gets scared and tries to resist, and there's how she is a Japanese Christian causes weird effects around them. Satan is intrigued and amused, so he starts stalking Miu under the guise of being her older brother Kai and brainwashing everyone into recognizing him as such, but there are a few surprises around in store for both Satan and Miu...
The first famous manga by Mayu Shinjo, Akuma na Eros was serialized in Shoujo Comic from 2001 to 2002. It's just as Hotter and Sexier as her average stories, has plenty of bishonen, and some supernatural touches. A little bit of everything, you could say.
Some tropes you'll find here...
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Miu's taste in men is... special.
- Artistic License – Religion: Angels and their relationships with humans aren't like they're told. (If Amamiya aka the Archangel Michael wanted to marry a human, i.e., it'd be VERY complicated.)
- Betty and Veronica: One of the most extreme examples of this trope, as the Veronica is Satan himself and the Betty turns out to be a powerful angel.
- Corrupt the Cutie:
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Sarah
- Creepy Ravens: Satan has one named Malpha, and he turns it into a cute little boy named Tsubasa. Miu's reaction is to drop Malpha onto the floor in shock.
- Deal with the Devil: Among the weirdest ones ever.
- Evil Is Sexy: In-universe example, as Satan's super-hot looks start to make Miu question her feelings toward Amamiya.
- Fake Memories: Satan implants those in the people around him (including the Sakurai parents), making them believe that he and the humanised Marpha are Miu's brothers and that they have been around since forever.
- Just a Kid: Miu does not like to be seen as such.
- Mark of the Beast: Miu has one on the back of her shoulder
- Nice Guy: Amamiya.
- Picky Eater: Miu doesn't like milk and fish.
- Older Than They Look: Miu's biggest problem.¡Miu:' (while praying in the chapel) Even if I don't like it, I'll have milk and fish, at least to not get mistaken by a primary school kid... And please, if you can, change this child-like face.
- Together in Death: Miu is killed by Sarah, but that is what allows her to fully become Satan's bride, and so she becomes his wife and rules Hell with him.
- Tomato in the Mirror: Amamiya turns out to actually be the Archangel Michael, as well as Satan's rival for Miu's affection.
- Unholy Matrimony
- Yoko Oh No: In-story example, as Amamiya's fangirls are NOT amused when they learn not only about Miu's interest in him, but that they get along well. They immediately rush to bully the HELL outta her.