Traditionally, most people tend to have sex in bed. It's comfy, you're usually already undressed and you can go straight to sleep afterward. Chairs and sofas are also popular; they're soft and have the bonus that the person on top can put more of their weight on the frame. However, some people, for a multitude of different reasons, like to venture further afield for their intimate moments. All over the house, in front of the house, on top of the house, someone else's house, in every gas station, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse, and doghouse in this area (and every highway checkpoint within ten miles), in the pool, on a plane, in a hotel, in a motel, in a restaurant, in a movie theater, on an elevator, in a bathroom, in a basement, in an attic, at the beach, in the sea, in the road, in the middle of a field, in the middle of the Super Bowl Halftime show, in the woods or hills, IN SPACE!, in a car, in a boat, with a goat, in the rain, in the dark, on a train, in a restaurant, in a sushi bar, in a high school bus, in the back of your mama's car, on a trampoline, in the middle of a putting green, in a tree, in a box, with a fox, in a house, with a mouse, here or there, say, they would do it anywhere!
Maybe they think that the old bed is too boring, maybe they don't have a convenient bed and have to do it where they can, maybe they're just so eager to get started that they get down to business wherever they find themselves. Maybe it's their way of getting back to nature. Of course, one of the other advantages of bedrooms that might not be afforded by alternative locations is privacy, but that's OK. It could be the thrill of the risk of getting caught that makes it special. Or maybe it's not just the risk, maybe they like being watched. Then again, maybe they just didn't think things through and end up as Naked People Trapped Outside (or in the emergency room). And sexy teens having sex in the back of their car are known to attract hook-handed serial killers.
Obviously Truth in Television for the most part, so please refrain from noting "people do this in real life!" here. Also Truth in Television is the trope of Make-Out Point, and the fact that these tropes very often overlap; a Make-Out Point in Real Life isn't always as private as the people going there may believe.
Not to be confused with Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places, certainly. Unless the person who does that likes having sex outside, then yeah.
Overcome with Desire is a sister trope, about couples having sex without regard to the consequences of doing so, and they frequently overlap.
A Super-Trope to:
- Auto Erotica (sex in a car or some other vehicle)
- Elevator Going Down (sex in an elevator)
- Mile-High Club (sex on an airplane)
- Professionals Do It on Desks (sex on desks, tables, etc.)
- Roll in the Hay (sex in a pile of hay or barn)
- Sex at Work (sex at work)
- Sex in a Shared Room (sex in a room where at least one other person is watching but not participating)
- Shower of Love (sex in the shower)
- Two-Person Pool Party (sex in a swimming pool)
- Zero-G Spot (sex in space)
- Implied in a commercial for Durex condoms, which shows a woman/man (depending on the version) taping condoms to various locations around the house, such as an exercise ball, coffee table, and a tree.
- Ayakashi Triangle: Shirogane acts very prudish because he was once worshiped as a god, but his disused shrine ended up becoming a Makeout Point. When Shirogane sees Suzu attempting to kiss Matsuri, he uses being at a different shrine as an excuse to cut them off.
Don't make out at a shrine!
- The Deuteragonists of Crimson Spell, Halvir and Valdrigr, have a penchant for this. Partially justified in that, as adventurers, they have limited access to actual beds. But they can find a cave, a half-destroyed shrine, a tomb, and on one memorable occasion, the balcony right outside a crowded party.
- His and Her Circumstances: The scene in the manga where Arima has a breakdown after he recovers his childhood abuse memories and pretty much ravishes his girlfriend Yukino takes place in a corner of the school library.
- Kaguya-sama: Love Is War: Kashiwagi and her boyfriend get to second base in a locker when visiting a haunted house during the culture festival arc (they were supposed to be used for horror-based ASMR). This ends up ruining Ishigami's plans to confess to Tsubame, since Miko separates the lockers by gender after catching them.
- Magika Swordsman and Summoner: Kazuki gets it on with the girls of his harem in an astonishing number of places, including: the beach (Koyuki), the woods at school (Koyuki), the movies (Koyuki), a karaoke room (Mio), the library (Koyuki), BY the pool on a yacht (Mio and Haruka), in a gondola (Haruka), on the Ferris wheel (Kamimmura), on a horse (Kaguya), in an igloo on Mt. Fuji (Kaguya, Hikaru, Kazuha), in the bath/showers (at least five times, once with eleven girls simultaneously), in the HALL (four times, all Koyuki), in the middle of a sleepover (Kohaku, surrounded by 100+ sleeping bystanders) and once, arguably, in the STREET (Koyuki again, part of the same date as the movie, and yes this is a THING for her).
- Maka-Maka: Well, not all the way, but Jun loves to fondle Nene in public places, and Nene sometimes returns the favor.
- Phantom Quest Corp.: Incident File: 03 includes a scene where Detective Karino drops by Mr. Nagasuki's office to question him and inadvertently catches Nagasuki in the act of banging his secretary! The door prevents the audience from seeing anything, but Karino gets an eyeful and an earful when Nagasuki angrily tells him to get out.
- Strawberry Panic!: The school library is used by many couples to have romantic trysts.
- Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle: Referenced. Alterize asks Lux if it's true that he and Krulcifer are spending their nights together. Lux says yes (Krulcifer gives him supplementary lessons every night) and adds that they've been "doing it" not just in the classroom, but also in the girl's dormitory, the dining hall, and even the courtyard.
- Vassalord: Charley and Rayflo have their kinky blood-sucking sessions in a variety of odd places including a prison cell, an airplane bathroom, and the back room of a church.
- Zettai BL ni Naru Sekai VS Zettai BL ni Naritakunai Otoko: Analyzed as do many troped common in yaoi.
"As soon as they get home, surely they won't go to their room and will have sex in the entrance like animals."
- In "VS the molester", the protagonist is on a train where a couple is grinding and groping discretely in public, which intensively bothers him. He mentions that in this world, it's very common to catch people in the act or at least about to do the act. He even memorizes a list of excuses he's been given. When the couple realizes that he could see them, they decide to go home to continue, which the protagonist mentions is still not great because they're likely to just have sex in the entrance instead of getting to the bed.
"You're guests in someone's home. It's not my home, but still, it's someone's home!?"
- In "VS drinking at home", the protagonist ends up sleeping in a friend's house together with two couples he realizes are secretly dating. During the night, one of these couples has sex on the bed right next to him, he can't intervene, but neither can he sleep.
- In Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead, Ohtori and the company chairman have sex at work in the middle of his office not far from Akira's desk. The chairman claims that the walls are thick and no one will be able to hear them, but the story makes it clear that the walls are anything but soundproof and Akira is forced to listen to them make out while fighting to stay awake.
- Batwoman: One of Kate and Maggie's offscreen lovemaking sessions takes place all over Kate's apartment, including the kitchen counter, before finally ending in bed.
- The Dark Knight Strikes Again: Superman and Wonder Woman have sex in the air while flying around the world and crashing into things.
- In an erotic comic by Horacio Altuna, a young couple has no place to go, so they have sex in various public places, such as an art gallery, a book shop, or a phone booth. When they eventually rent an apartment and get married, the guy is unable to perform in a bed, and they have to go out again.
- ElfQuest IN SPACE!: In the comic Jink! the title character has sex with a complete stranger who's been sent to find her - in the branches of a tree, in an arboretum, in a space station. Of course, as a descendant of Wolfriders, doing it in a tree probably comes naturally to her.
- Fine Print: Lauren has sex with people in locales other than the bedroom more than once, most notably wherever she does it with Merryl.
- Harleen: Harleen initiates sex with Joker in the interview room on the table, starting their twisted relationship.
- Lori Lovecraft: When the Belligerent Sexual Tension between Lori and R.C. finally explodes in The Big Comeback, they wind up having sex on the floor of the production office at the movie studio.
- Preacher: In one flashback, we see Jesse and Tulip having sex in the middle of a car chase.
- Watchmen: Near the end, Dan and Laurie have sex in what can best be described as the massive atrium of a supervillain's lair.
- Evangelion 303: In chapter 17 Asuka gave Shinji a blowjob in the hotel's lift.
- ''The Adventures of Ryan and Kirrie'' initially starts off with the titular characters doing the deed in a bed, and then later a bathtub in a Pokémon Center. From there, it just gets more and more ridiculous. One of the more notable examples is Chapter Four, where they do it in in the middle of Petalburg Woods of all places after getting exposed to Shroomish "sex spores" prior.
- Advice and Trust:
- In the middle of chapter 5, Shinji and Asuka have sex on a couch in Misato's apartment's living room. Later in that chapter, they are so desperate for a little private fun together after four days of forced abstinence (due to their guardian being home and sober at the night and their teammate following them everywhere) that they have sex in the school's cleaning supply closet. The supply closet incident was actually a rather important plot point since it's what tipped off Rei that they were in a Secret Relationship.
- In in chapter 8 Ritsuko demands Gendo take her on his office's desk.
- In Break My Fall Remus and Snape have sex in a fitting room booth.
- In Broomsheds, Lifts and Loos Harry and Ginny reminisce about the various locations where they had a quickie.
Harry: I guess we probably could write a guide book of the best places for a quick shag in the United Kingdom.
- In Chains of Earth Draco insists on having sex on a clifftop and Harry complains about the sand he got between his buttcheeks last time they made love outdoors.
- In Changing Perspectives Lucius once came home from Hogwarts due to injury, only to find his parents having sex on the dining room table.
- Children of an Elder God: In chapter 19, Shinji and Asuka are making out and about to have sex in the base's locker rooms when they are caught by two fellow pilots.
- The Child of Love:
- In chapter 1 Asuka tells Misato she saw her and Kaji having sex in the park.
Asuka: There's nothing to understand, Misato. And you're hardly the one to lecture me, you hypocrite. I saw you doing that with Kaji last month...
Misato: YOU SAW US!?! WHEN?! WHERE?
Asuka: When, I don't remember exactly...but WHERE...oh, you were probably getting excited doing that in the park...where everyone could see you.
- Shinji and Asuka's first time was in Misato's apartment's living room. They did it on the floor and on the couch.
- In chapter 1 Asuka tells Misato she saw her and Kaji having sex in the park.
- Coby's Choice: Luffy and Nami, in order to scratch off Nami's "Honeymoon Bucket List", have an sex in the tangerine grove on Little East Blue. Although, while the couple did find the thrill of being caught exciting, it was a little too stimulating and put the possibility of anything similar happening on hold for the moment.
- A Crown of Stars: In chapter 64 Shinji and Asuka played several music pieces in front of a multitude. Asuka dragged Shinji straight after into one of the stadium's rooms to have sex while the concert went on. She also said she nearly had him right there and then on stage.
- Dance with the Demons: Batman and Catwoman spend the whole night frolicking in the Batcave after the final battle.
- Dragonball Divergence: In Chapter 8, Goku and Chi-Chi have sex in the hospital after the fight with Vegeta. Chi-Chi's initially reluctant because of her husband's injuries, but she concedes after he promises to "be really careful".
- The Eternity Effect: Glinda and Elphaba end up having sex in a forest tree.
- Fate/Black Dawn: A rather bizarrely downplayed version. For some reason, Morgan le Faye takes all the sheets off the bed, dumps them on the floor next to the bed, and has sex with Shirou there.
Mordred: Why is Papa sleeping on the floor?
Morgan: Because he gave me a reward.
- From Bajor to the Black: In a Shout-Out to the NCIS example, Eleya loses her virginity during boot camp in the cargo compartment of an IFV.
- Hellsister Trilogy: Clark Kent takes Lois Lane anywhere on the planet during their honeymoon. As she is looking for her cousin, Kara finds them cuddling on a beach on a remote desert island.
- HERZ: Subverted in chapter 4. Shinji entered the men's locker room in the base and he was led to believe Asuka was waiting for him in one of the shower stalls. He made his way to the stall to "have fun" with his wife... and he found Kurumi inside so that he fled.
- Higher Learning: Subverted. In a chapter, Shinji and Asuka are making out in Misato's living room and they are about to have sex in the tub but Misato shows up early, forcing them to stop and pretend nothing was happening. Many chapters later Asuka wants to try the tub again but Shinji says he has been told it is not a good idea so they opt for their bedroom.
- Kara of Rokyn'': The last scene has Kara and her boyfriend spend the night fooling around on a beach.
- Last Child of Krypton: In this story Shinji is Superman and Asuka Wonder Woman (Supergirl in the rewrite). It is possible for them to have sex literally anywhere on the planet... and outside of it. In the final chapter of the rewrite, they make love floating between Earth and the Moon.
- Lilly Epilogue Family Matters: Hisao and Lilly, the Official Couple, get an apartment with their mutual friend Hanako for several reasons, one being that Lilly's "healthy adolescent sex drive" would make it difficult to live with Hisao's parents. Hanako once walks in on the two having sex late at night after their proposal in the living room of their apartment.
- In the (NSFW) X-Men: Evolution fic My Friend, My Lover, Jean is confronted by the rest of the students after she and Scott were spotted coming out of school weight room with messy clothes and huge grins. Once the others become too pushy with their questions, she snaps and unloads a Too Much Information rant at them, mentioning "storage rooms at school, the locker room, the lounge, and even the danger room" (the latter was used in both this fic and others by the same author as an appropriately programmed Holodeck).
- My Immortal: Everyone. All the time. One notable scene takes place in a classroom while class is in session, and another in the middle of the Great Hall with Dobby watching, and yet another is on the edge of the Forbidden Forest on (or near) Draco Malfoy's flying car... with no mention that the car ever landed.
- In Mass Effect's Parable series'', a side-effect of Jane and Garrus's incredible loving marriage was having lots of sex, including places where that wasn't supposed to happen. At first, it was just around the house (the dining table and the couch), then in the Mako and the communal bathroom during Saren's mission; on the SR-2 it was a failed attempt in the medbay after Garrus ate a rocket (Chakwas stopped them), the Communications Room right after debriefing, the Battery; a hotel balcony, a public extra-net booth, and inside a sky-car on top the Presidium while a cop knocking on the window. At one point after the war, they were going to do it in an Alliance ship's med bay but the doctor walked in on them before they managed to strip all the clothes; there was also another time where they deliberately placed their room right next to a bitchy Spectre's and had sex all night to keep her awake through the thin wall.
- Rosario Vampire: Brightest Darkness Act II: In chapter 32, while Tsukune & Moka and Dark & Mizore all have the decency to retire to other rooms to make love, Rason and Kurumu just elect to do it right in the middle of the Shirayuki family's living room, all over the place and in various positions.
- The Second Try:
- In Chapter 4 Omake, Asuka and Shinji have their honeymoon on the beach overlooking the LCL sea (which depending on your definition, may count as exhibitionism).
Asuka: Well, that's the good thing of being all alone in the world: You can do it wherever you want, without the risk of being seen by anyone!
- In chapter 12 Shinji and Asuka had sex in the base's locker room right before the Final Battle.
- In Chapter 4 Omake, Asuka and Shinji have their honeymoon on the beach overlooking the LCL sea (which depending on your definition, may count as exhibitionism).
- Thousand Shinji: When their relationship got serious, Shinji and Asuka started to have sex everywhere, including the base's lockers. Also, Shinji said he'd take her in the middle of class if she asked him to.
- Superwomen of Eva 2: Lone Heir of Krypton: In chapter 12's omake, Misato catches Shinji and Asuka having sex on the kitchen floor. She screams for him to stop, but they are not listening.
- Superman of 2499: The Great Confrontation: Kryptonians aren't squeamish as to where they get it on. Adam and Sybilla screw up floating in midair. In the thirtieth chapter, Alan and Kath make love underwater.
- To Catch A Raven: Raven and Jinx start making out in the common room of the Tower. Robin accidentally walks in on them, which prompts Raven to transport to her bedroom with Jinx.
- Us and Them: Aeris and Sephiroth can get a little frisky when they get worked up, such as in "Discipline", where they get into an argument that leads to them romping in the grass outside their home and having to hide from a pizza delivery guy their kids called in since they took so long.
- King In Yellow's Kim Possible fic What Did You Learn in School Today? has Kim and Shego breaking into Middleton High to have sex in Kim's old homeroom, only to get busted by Barkin in the middle of the act.
- Weekend at Hisao's: Lampshaded, where Hisao points out how Shizune's kink of doing it at school can get... risky.
- White Sheep (RWBY): Salem and her husband Nicholas apparently have sex in literally every part of the house. Jaune specifically mentions a time he caught them on the dining room table. They're so bad that for a long time Jaune is ignorant of "sleep with" being a euphemism for sex, because his parents seem to do it everywhere but the bedroom. When Jaune's sisters go to the house in Ansel for the first time, they ask if it's been "broken in," and are all very relieved when their father says their mother hasn't been there yet.
- X-Men: The Early Years: Discussed. When deliberating on places to make love for the first time, Scott suggests the town park, but Jean declines.
"It's what makes life with me so exciting, Scott. So what do we do now?"
"Go home, I guess. Unless," Scott blanched, eyeing the grass, "you want to try it here?"
Jean chuckled at that comment. "Not really. Besides, you have me in your life now; you won't need any cheap thrills."
"I was hoping you'd say that." He looked relieved. "I wasn't looking forward to getting a rock or stick jabbing into me."
"I guess we head home then," Jean said, getting up from the curb.
- Xtremly Scray: Characters have sex on the Hogwarts Express and on the pavement outside Hogwarts... during a battle.
- A New Hope (Danganronpa): Miu and Chihiro start having sex just about anywhere they can think of towards the end of the story with at least one of those times getting Miu pregnant.
- Wash and Zoe do a touch version in the Med bay in Flying Blind. Simon immobilized Wash after Wash got acid in his eyes and hes frustrated he cant even hug his wife. He also says he cant sleep. So Zoe pulls his blanket off and starts erotically touching and stroking him. Wash is a little mortified since the med bay has windows, but Zoe says everyone else is occupied. She may have been taking advantage of the stereotype of sex making guys sleepy.
- Its common in the fandom actually. Zoe and Wash are often shown going at it on the bridge after everyone else is asleep, and Kaylee fics often show her and either Simon or Jayne in the engine room. Overnight Insanity has both. Mal keeps walking in on people having sex in the wrong places.
- All Cheerleaders Die: Hanna, in Martha's body, has sex with Manny in the school's disabled bathroom: much to the distress of a student in a wheelchair who is pounding on the door wanting to get in.
- Alto: Nicolette is shown coming out of a bathroom stall after having had sex with a woman inside (to judge by her loud cries before).
- American Honey: Star and Jake have sex in a field at one point.
- American Pie: Finch and Stifler's Mom do it on a pool table.
- Backdraft: Brian McCaffery is having sex with his girlfriend on top of a firetruck when the alarm goes off. They quickly put on their clothes, only to find themselves racing through the streets on top of the vehicle, its sirens blaring.
- In Bloody Homecoming, Nora and Roddy will take any opportunity to have sex. This includes having sex in the janitor's closet and school, and in the back of somebody else's pickup truck at the homecoming game.
- One Norwegian film called Brent av frost had two characters having sex on a mound of fish. The actress involved recently sued the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation, NRK, for showing the scene "out of context", in violation of a written agreement of hers with the director of the film.
- The Butchers: In one of a set of compounding bad decisions, Ren and Star decide to have sex in a recreation of Ed Gein's lair in a museum dedicated to serial killers.
- The Catcher: Anthony and his girlfriend decide to have sex on the ball field.
- Cemetery Man: Augusto's buxom widow convinces the graveskeeper Francesco to bang her on top of Augusto's grave. This place turns out to be even worse than you'd imagine when a furious Zombie Augusto appears on the scene and attacks.
- In the Star Trek porn parody Charly XXX, Captain Quirk asks a Bridge Bunny what's the strangest place she's had sex. She replies, "On Herschel Savage's face" but adds that she's always wanted to do it during Teleportation. They end up beaming around the starship during sex and get seen by the entire crew.
Boner: Dammit, I'm a doctor not a porn critic!
- The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and Her Lover: The aforementioned Lover and the aforementioned Wife have sex in the ladies' room of the Thief's restaurant... among many, many other places.
- Crank: Cheelios and his girlfriend have sex in public to keep him alive.
- In The Demoniacs, the Captain and Tina have sex on some very uncomfortable looking rocks above the beach where they have just caused a shipwreck, while a storm is threatening.
- Detroit Rock City: "I just lost my virginity in a confessional!"
- DISCO (2017): In the first act, we are introduced to Lana meeting Vince in a nightclub, only for them to enter a bathroom stall, make out, do coke and have sex there.
- Europa Europa: Solly meets an ardent Nazi woman on a train, and the pair have sex after she grows enamored due to his slight resemblance to Hitler and having Hitler's birthday.
- Euro Trip: Scotty has sex with Mieke in a confessional, of all places, inside the Vatican (even while a woman comes to confession, with several people outside as well), and they somehow get away with this.
- Fatal Instinct: The title character and his later stalker have sex in quite a few places in her house - including the inside of her refrigerator.
- From Here to Eternity: Most famously used (and then endlessly parodied) when the main duo have (implied) sex on the beach.
- A History of Violence: Tom and his wife Edie have sex on a stairway.
- Hold Your Breath: Johnny and Natasha are prone to this according to their friends. Within the film, they have a sex scene on an autopsy table in a morgue at the Sanitarium...
- Imagine Me & You: Rachel impulsively decides she and Heck should go into the woods on the side of the highway to have sex. A couple of gay guys had the same idea, however, so the plan is scuppered.
- Jason's Lyric: The titular characters, Jason and Lyric, have sex in the woods that magically turns into a flower field. Later, they have sex again on the counter in Jason's workplace and reconcile after a brief argument.
- Lyric's brother, Alonzo "A-1", and his girlfriend, Marti, have sex on the barrel at the corner.
- Kick-Ass: Dave has sex with Katie against an alley dumpster, right out in the open.
- Kick-Ass 2: Kick Ass and Night Bitch have sex in the bathroom-twice.
- Kiss of the Damned: Maia and Paolo have sex in the steam room.
- Lady Frankenstein: A young couple have sex on a riverbank beside a bridge in broad daylight when they are attacked by the Monster. The man runs away and the girl is killed.
- The Last Picture Show: The film is famous for the sex on the pool table scene.
- The Last Remake of Beau Geste: Beau and Flavia finally consummate their desire here after sneaking out of the Foreign Legion party.
- Little Children: Two characters have sex on a countertop in a basement.
- Loose Screws: Steve Hardman and Principal Arsenault's wife make love to each other in the woods of a golf course'. However, when the wife hears that a golfer is approaching, having lost his ball in the woods, she leaves, but Hardman stays lying on the ground with the ball landing near his groin. The golfer apologetically tells Hardman he has to play it where the ball lies. Cue Scream Discretion Shot.
- Love Actually: Widower Daniel tells his son that he plans to do this if he meets the right woman:
Daniel: Unless, of course, Claudia Schiffer calls, in which case I want you out of the house straight away, you wee motherless mongrel.
Daniel: No, no, we'll want to have sex in every room. Including yours.
- Love Is Not Perfect:
- Elena impulsively performs fellatio on Ettore while in a field where they'd gone for a picnic.
- Later, she first has sex while with Adriana as the latter is sitting on her kitchen's counter.
- Elena and Ettore later have sex while on a public (but secluded) balcony as they watch a band play below them.
- Murder at 1600: The victim has sex with the President's son in the Oval Office shortly before getting murdered. Later on, it is mentioned that the President's son seems to be trying to get laid in every single room in the White House.
- Out Cold: When Majors prepares to take ownership of the resort in a ceremony attended by his investors, he unveils a mock-up of one of the new gondolas, wherein he finds Pig Pen having sex with his step-daughter Inga.
- Prime: Rafi tells her therapist "we have had sex on every surface of my apartment."
- The Prince & Me: The university students have sex behind the library stacks.
- Prom Night (1980): Jude and Slick go to have sex on the edge of the bluffs, but are spooked by the killer, so they return to Slick's van. Where they're murdered.
- Ripper: Letter from Hell: Marissa has anonymous sex with a stranger in the bathroom of the costume party.
- The Room: The movie obliviously has a group of hitherto unknown side characters enter the main protagonist's apartment just to have sex, and not only do they tell him about it, but he also has no problem with it whatsoever, as CinemaSins pointed out. Apparently, Tommy Wiseau didn't realize this is not something normal people do; when Claudette accidentally intrudes on them, she even literally asks "What are these characters doing here?"
- Sappho: Sappho and Helene consummate their affair on the beach. Helene and Phil then have sex in the forest later.
- Scream Park: Two of the staff have a quickie in the women's bathroom before the bloodbath starts.
- In the Sex Trek porn parody Charly XXX, Captain Quirk asks a Bridge Bunny what's the strangest place she's had sex. She replies, "On Herschel Savage's face" but adds that she's always wanted to do it while being beamed by the transporter. Cue The Captain and the Bridge Bunny being beamed around the starship Intercourse while screwing.
- Shiva Baby: Subverted, as Danielle attempts to give Max oral sex in the bathroom, but he stops her.
- Siren (2010): Ken and Rachel try to have sex in a roadside public bathroom, only to have the moment spoiled when Rachel has a psychic flash that causes her to think someone is watching them.
- In Son of a Gun, JR and Natasha have sex on the train travelling from Perth to Melbourne.
- Splash: Allen says to Madison: "You were shy? After the car, and the elevator, and the bedroom, and on top of the refrigerator, you were shy?"
- Stealing Heaven: Abelard and Héloïse impulsively have sex in the stables (with the maid spying on them).
- Stripes: After a few seconds of a seemingly empty bedroom, the storage trunk at the foot of the master bed opens and John Winger (Bill Murray) and his new MP girlfriend climb out.
- Summer of '42: The young protagonist stumbles across his best friend doing this with a girl, leading to a Primal Scene moment.
- The Summer of Sangaile: Two of Auste's friends have sex in the grass by the water where all of them had been swimming. Later Sangaile and Auste also have sex for their first time in a field.
- Three (also known as Survival Island): A scene like this appears, which is mainly remembered for showing Kelly Brook topless.
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri: Chief Willoughby takes his family on a picnic out by the lake. While the children are playing, the chief and his wife sneak away to have sex outdoors. That evening Chief Willoughby commits suicide.
- Tiny Furniture: Aura (a pre-Girls Lena Dunham) and bad boy chef Kieth have sex in a giant steel pipe on the streets of New York. It turns out to be more depressing than hot.
- Top Gun: Maverick seduces Charlie in the ladies' room at a bar near the flight school. Subverted, however, in that Charlie doesn't fall for it (but does pretend otherwise so Mav can win a bet with Goose).
Charlie: (deadpan) You want to just drop down on the tile and go for it?
Mav: I actually had... (pushes down on the countertop to see how strong it is) ...this counter in mind.
- True Romance: A hot sex scene occurs inside a phone booth.
- What's New Pussycat?: Michael, trying to forsake his womanizing ways, having a bad dream where he encounters former lovers.
Girl 1: Michael, remember me? You loved me in your office?
Michael: Indeed I do.
Girl 2: Remember the night in the hospital bed?
Girl 3: My mother's crypt?
Michael: Oh, poor mummy.
Girl 4: On top of the Eiffel Tower?
Michael: Very chilly.
- When Evil Calls: Linda discovers her boyfriend Mark receiving a blowjob from Molly in the school library. Whoops!
- With a Kiss I Die: Juliet and Farryn consummate their mutual attraction while outdoors.
- Ancillary Sword. Breq and her Number Two have a discussion on this point, given that they're on a spaceship with the resulting lack of space and privacy, and the crew doesn't have the private quarters available to officers. Apparently, there are various lockers the crew can make use of or — if you're desperate — you can do it under the table in the mess hall.
- Angry White Pyjamas: Robert Twigger faces this problem with his Japanese girlfriend, as they can't afford regular visits to a Love Hotel, and videoing people having sex in public places is a natural pastime in Japan. Eventually, Twigger finds the best place is parkland cordoned off for conservation reasons, as most Japanese are too law-abiding to go inside.
- Annie on My Mind: Played for Drama. Two teachers who turn out to be a couple themselves ask Liza to feed their cats while they're on vacation. Liza invites her girlfriend Annie along but ultimately they begin to act like the house is theirs. After having Their First Time, they begin having sex in the house as well. They end up caught by a homophobic teacher who later tries to expel Liza. Once the owners find out what the girls were doing, they get mad due to the trust violation but ultimately they come to sympathize with their plight.
- A Brother's Price: Jerin is seduced in the kitchen, and the lovemaking takes place on the kitchen floor. His partner lampshades that this is highly inappropriate by mentioning the hearth ... having extramarital sex goes against Jerin's obligations towards his family, and her seducing him, the son of the house, is a violation of Sacred Hospitality.
- Casanunda, the world's self-proclaimed Second Greatest Lover, reportedly once had sex while upside-down in a tree.
- Nanny Ogg was once asked by Casanunda if anyone had ever had sex while flying on a broomstick. She warned him that he'd fall off if he tried it, which rather implies she's speaking from experience...
- The Eagle Tree: From the top of a tree, March sees two people lie next to each other in the forest and start to take their clothes off. He climbs down and leaves before he sees much.
- Ethan of Athos: Invoked. The bad guys plan to make it look like Ethan and Elli were having sex in a docking bay airlock, shortly before it opens to space:
Ethan: God the Father, the Population Council will think I was depraved enough to make love to a woman in a flex tube!
Elli: Gods forbid that Admiral Naismith would think I was stupid enough to make love to anything in a flex tube!
- The Fault in Our Stars: The two main characters have their first kiss in the Anne Frank house. Naturally, many people point out how disrespectful this is.
CinemaSins: Um, I'm glad you two are finally kissing and all, but... this is still the Anne Frank museum. Not 100% appropriate, yo.
- This requires some debasing to uncover what this is a metaphor for.
- The Han Solo Trilogy: It's implied that Han and Bria have sex on the beach.
- Heralds of Valdemar: While none of the major characters in the series have ever had sex while on Companion-back, there are occasional mentions of the fact that some Heralds have done it.
- Arthur and Raina Franhop from Naked Came the Stranger have had sex in every conceivable location and position, from the refrigerator to the sewer. Arthur is delighted when Gillian suggests the most shocking act of all: missionary sex in the bedroom.
- Naples 44, by Norman Lewis. An Allied officer gets asked by his Italian girlfriend to come with him to the local cemetery. He assumes she means to mourn a loved one until she takes off her clothes and lays down on a gravestone. Turns out the cemetery is such a well-known Make-Out Point that even greeting someone you know on the bus route to the cemetery is an embarrassing breach of etiquette.
- Neverwhere, two characters who've become imperceptible to normal Londoners have to abandon a park bench because a couple sits down and start engaging in intense foreplay right beside them.
- In The Sanctuary Sparrow, Liliwin has sex with Rannilt behind the altar in the church where he's taken refuge from a false murder charge. Then they have to scramble to get her out of there, as it's the bells for Compline services that wake them up afterward.
- In James M. Cain's novel Serenade, the two main characters have sex in a church after they're Caught in the Rain.
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish: It is explained that Fenchurch was named after the Fenchurch Street Railway Station... not because she was found near the Lost Luggage room, but because she was conceived there while her parents were on the ticket queue. She and Arthur would later take this Up to Eleven by joining the Mile-High Club - without a plane.
- A Song of Ice and Fire: Jaime and Cersei get into this twice.
- In A Game of Thrones they have sex in a tower of the Stark Castle, where Bran catches them. This incites part of the main plot since Jaime then pushes Bran to his presumed death to cover it up (though he survives). It eventually creates a civil war.
- In A Storm of Swords they have sex in the Royal Sept in front of the corpse of their dead son Joffrey..
- Split Heirs: Wulfrith and Lady Ubri have sex all over the library.
- The Teresa Knight Trilogy: Teresa gets busy in all kinds of places, including dogging inside a park while a much younger couple watch.
- Lux in The Virgin Suicides sneaks people onto her roof for sex, to the fascination of the narrators.
- A Yellow Raft in Blue Water: Elgin Taylor and Christine George make love to each other in public at Tacoma State Park. Fortunately for them, nobody pays them any attention.
- 30 Rock: Tracy and Angie Jordan have sex in Jack Donaghy's office and also in the hallway outside the studio.
- According to Jim: Jim and Cheryl try to finish off his promise to have sex in all mainland states before their 15th anniversary by going to an Indiana motel. After Hilarious Hijinks, they end up doing it in the basement of an Indiana home, during a tornado... to the shock of the owners who were hiding in said cellar the whole time.
- The Affair: When Noah is separated from his wife, he takes advantage of his bachelor status to sleep around a lot. One of them is another teacher at the school he works at, whom he takes to his locked classroom at night to have kinky sex. Deconstructed when a janitor happens to see them and he's suspended for improper behavior.
- Almost Family:
- Julia hooked up with a guy in the bathroom (who it turns out is her half-brother, though she didn't know then).
- Edie and Amanda first have sex in a room of the courthouse after they met while representing opposing sides on a case. This continues before both of them realize that's too dangerous.
- American Gods: Shadow has sex with Marguerite in the snow, of all places.
- Angel: When Angel becomes human in "I Will Remember You" he and Buffy agree they should take their relationship slow. One accidental moment of body contact later and they're shoving the cutlery off the kitchen table to have passionate sex.
- Ash vs. Evil Dead: Ash hits on a waitress and invites her to have sex with him in the bathroom of the restaurant he's in because he can't pay the bill and considers sex an appropriate replacement for money. Subverted when instead Amanda comes in to arrest him and the waitress ends up a Deadite.
- Balls of Steel: The point of "The Fuckers", a recurring act on the show, whose act is to make out naked in public places.
- Being Human (US): Sally first has sex with Max on the couch in the viewing room of his funeral parlor. He's kind of creeped out afterward, since he'll think about it while people are viewing the corpses of their loved ones in the future.
- Sweets and Daisy. "We have to stop having sex in my office."
- And Jack and Angela liked to do it in Cleopatra's bed in the Egyptian room.
- Boy Meets World: In a later episode, Topanga is trying to get Cory to help plan their honeymoon, but Cory invokes this trope to make it clear that he doesn't care where they spend their honeymoon, just so long as it involves lots of sex.
Topanga: Cory, I'm beginning to think you'd be fine if we just spent our honeymoon in any old hotel!Cory: ...or in the road.Topanga: Cory, that's sick!
- The Boys (2019): In "The Bloody Doors", Homelander and Stormfront interrupt a mugging in an alley, then instead of arresting the criminal Homelander crushes his head while Stormfront is sexually stimulating him, then he proceeds to Wall Bang Her next to the headless corpse.
- Broad City: In the episode "Citizen Ship," Ilana and Lincoln search the boat for a place where they can have sex, but every nook and cranny is already occupied.
Woman: Hey! There are people fucking in here! Rude!
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer:
- A more Played for Laughs version of this trope is when it's revealed in "Earshot" that during the events of "Band Candy", Joyce and Giles (under magical influence) had sex on the hood of a police car. TWICE! (with handcuffs).
- Spike and Anya have sex on the table in the Magic Box shop in "Entropy"... and get caught on camera doing it.
- Buffy and Spike in Season 6 have sex on the walls and floor (because they've smashed up all the furniture), in a back alley outside Buffy's workplace, on the lawn of her house with Dawn waiting inside and on an interior balcony of the Bronze with her friends dancing below — behaviour which causes Buffy to feel both excitement and self-loathing.
- In Season 7, Xander and Anya have sex on the kitchen floor, as the rest of the house is crowded with sleeping Potentials. The one free bed has already been nabbed by Willow and Kennedy — the noise of their lovemaking sets Xander and Anya to doing it as well.
- In season 8 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Oz and Bayarmaa have sex in the grass under a tree next to a Buddhist monastery. A yak lying near them decides to wander off.
- Carnival Row: Jonah and Sophie had sex in a carriage.
- Castle: Richard Castle and his ex-wife Meredith spend a post-coital moment blissfully recounting their top-ten sexual encounters. Among the locales listed are Yankee Stadium, the Westminster Dog Show, Coney Island, and a hot-air balloon.
- Chuck: Chuck and Sarah have apparently used multiple storage rooms and other facilities in Castle for decidedly non-spy activities.
- Control Z:
- Pablo and María get busy in the school janitor's closet.
- Susana and Miguel had sex in a chair inside an empty classroom and are briefly seen by Raul.
- Coupling: In the first episode, Steve and Jane have sex for the last time in a bathroom stall.
- The Crown (2016) dramatises the real-life affair between Lord Snowden (Anthony Armstrong Jones) and actress Jacqueline Chan, complete with a raunchy scene of them doing it on the stairs. The real woman was interviewed about this.
"I never would have chosen the stairs. Far too uncomfortable. The kitchen table maybe."
- Investigating a restaurant chef's murder, the team found evidence of semen in the kitchen. The murderer later admits she'd caught her boyfriend having sex with the victim in the pantry.
- Sara indicates joining the "mile high club" in one episode.
- One witness in the investigation of a roller-coaster crash slipped from the top of the suspect list when a photo revealed he wouldn't want to sabotage it, because the ride's initial drop is where he likes to score.
- CSI: NY:
- Danny and Lindsay's first time having sex was on top of Danny's pool table.
- "People with Money" featured a woman who preferred bungee-jumping-sex. More than once, with more than one partner within the episode.
- The victim in "Turbulence" was found to have joined the "mile high club" as well.
- Dark Desire: A significant amount of the sex occurs outside the bedroom (for instance a field, in a laundry room etc).
- Dates: Mia abruptly has sex with Stephen up against the wall in the alley behind the pub they had met inside.
- Deadly Class: Both the series' portrayed sex scenes are somewhere else than a bed.
- Marcus and Maria have sex on a tomb in the school's cemetery.
- Later, Marcus and Saya have sex outside in the grass.
- Dharma & Greg: Dharma and Jane have a running competition to see who can have sex in the weirdest place without getting caught, with the winner being able to claim a ceramic duck. Dharma and Greg try to win it back, first by doing it in Ghirardelli Square (which fails, as they get caught), and then on the front steps of the courthouse while the entire city is busy watching the series finale of Seinfeld. Jane foils this by tricking Kitty and Edward there, forcing them to hide... whereupon the older couple reminisce about the early days of their relationship and end up winning the duck themselves.
Edward: That's not a duck, it's a goose.
Dharma: Yes, but Captain, my Captain, goose does not rhyme.
- Dickinson: Sue is shown getting oral sex from Austin in the barn.
- Disasters at Sea: Downplayed, but implied as a possible contributing factor in the sinking of the Queen of the North, since the ship's Fourth Officer and Quartermaster had previously had an affair. What exactly they were doing when they were alone on the bridge together was never established; of greater importance was what they were not doing, which was making sure the Queen of the North was staying on course and not sailing toward rocky shores
- Doctor Who: According to semi-accidental Word of God, Melody Pond aka River Song was conceived on a bunk bed ladder. It was stated in the show that Melody was conceived on a bunk bed. When people asked head writer Steven Moffat and episode writer Neil Gaiman on whether it was the top or bottom bunk, they independently suggested it could have been the ladder. When they found about this, they agreed that they had just confirmed it. Ignoring that, the fact that she was conceived on an impossibly powerful time machine is pretty unusual (and impressive) in itself.
- Duet: The lead male says he learned in therapy he doesn't truly feel he deserves his girlfriend or Chinese food, so he and his girlfriend once made love in a Chinese restaurant.
- The Family (2016): John has sex with Nina the first time while they're in the police interview room.
- Feel Good:
- Subverted in the first season. George tries to have Mae hook up in her classroom's closet, but then her students come in, so Mae hides inside it.
- In season 2, they try to hook up in a maternity ward. The only private space they can find is a room where somebody's just given birth. George calls the sex off after she puts her hand in what she thinks is somebody's placenta.
- Later, also during Season 2, they have sex while hiding in a parked car before Mae breaks it off.
- In Firefly a flashback shows that Captain Malcolm Reynolds met the ship's mechanic Kaylee when he walked in on her and his previous ship's mechanic...in the engine room. He fires the first mechanic and hires her when she announces that she figured out what was wrong with the engine while on her back.
Mal: Is there something wrong with your bunk?!
- Frasier: During a game of "I Never", Roz reveals she had sex on a lift, in a phone booth, on an airplane, and a merry-go-round. All apparently while she was at college.
- A French Village: Maria has casual sex with a resistance fighter in the forest.
- In the episode "The One with the Flashback", when Ross is distraught over finding out that his wife is a lesbian, he almost ends up having sex with Phoebe on a pool table. However, the moment is ruined because of the location ("Stupid balls are in the way.")
- In the episode "The One with the Blackout", the characters discuss the weirdest place where they had sex. For Monica, it's a pool table, for Joey, "the women's room on the second floor of the New York City public library", and for Ross, Disneyland, near the "It's a Small World" ride. (Phoebe's is Milwaukee)
- In "The One Where Rachel and Ross... You Know" this happens at Ross' workplace, the museum of natural history, first at the planetarium, then at a cavemen exhibit. (the latter, to the shock of some schoolchildren...)
- In the episode "The One with Ross's Library Book", Ross finds out that students have sex at the corner of the university's library where his book is placed because nobody goes there.
- In the episode "The One Where Phoebe Hates PBS", Chandler and Monica have sex in the storage closet in Central Perk.
- When Joey was on Pyramid an answer was cafeteria, the clue he gave was a place in school he had sex, his partner said the football field. He was right, but it wasn't what they were looking for.
- When Rachel was having Emma, Monica and Chandler snuck into the hospital's broom closet. They then get caught by Monica's father and explain that they're actually trying to conceive. He is actually thrilled by this and starts giving them pointers. But they weren't there anymore!
- Game of Thrones:
- Jaime and Cersei are discovered by Bran in Winterfell's derelict First Keep. Of course, with the two of them, it's not just the place that's wrong about the lovemaking.
- Stannis and Melisandre on The Big Board table in The War Room of Stannis, which also makes a bit of a metaphor/Visual Pun.
- Jon and Ygritte get it on in a cave complete with a hot spring for a Two-Person Pool Party.
- General Hospital: Brenda and Jagger almost had sex in the nurse's office before the nurse walked in on them.
- Gossip Girl (2007): For a few episodes, when Blair and Chuck are having a Friends with Benefits relationship (well, enemies with benefits, anyway) they have sex on a piano, in a limo, and in a vestibule.
- Gossip Girl (2021):
- Grey's Anatomy: Bailey tries to do it on her honeymoon, only to end up with a nasty infection in her you-know-what thanks to the sand.
- Hearts Afire:
- In one episode, the protagonist couple has to have a moment in a department store dressing room because they're entertaining too many houseguests at home for them to have any alone time.
- They also made love in their boss's office. He promptly walked in on them, followed closely by C-Span cameramen.
- Hightown: Jackie has sex with Leslie at the police station where they work while in the women's locker room, the code for this being asking if she can "have a moment" alone (acting like it was just for talking about something).
- Home Improvement: After Tim gets a vasectomy, sex can be done anytime, anywhere. At the end of the episode, they choose a location they haven't used in a while: the bedroom.
- How I Met Your Mother:
- When Marshall plans to propose to Lily, Ted begs Marshall not to celebrate the engagement by having sex with her in the kitchen. They do it anyway.
- In one episode, Marshall and Lily celebrate Ted's absence by having sex in every place they can think of in the apartment. However, they realize halfway through that they miss Ted and are bored.
- In How to Make It in America Ben and Nancy have sex in a yacht, which is hosting her husband Yosi's birthday party. Then later it's implied they do it in her office (on a couch), which has no door, only a curtain.
- JAG: In the pilot episode, Lt. Arutti and Lt. Painter have sex in a transport plane parked on the flight deck of the aircraft carrier USS Seahawk.
- Jupiter's Legacy: Jacinda gets cunnilingus from Gabriella on a pool table.
- Keeping Up Appearances: Coitus Ensues on a golf course between Daisy and Onslow, preventing Onslow from being the monster in Hyacinth's Monster Protection Racket.
- Kung Fu: Nicky and Henry end up having spontaneous sex in a library, which she gets teasing comments about later.
- Las Vegas: It'd be harder to come up with a list of out-of-the-way corners where people haven't had sex in the casino.
- Los Hombres de Paco: There's lots and lots of sex between all of the cops at San Antonio Predicate. Silvia and Pepa have had sex in the crime lab a couple of times. Not to mention all the sex in the locker rooms and the bathrooms at work. It's a wonder any cases get solved. Pepa and Silvia were close to having sex in the parking lot once before getting interrupted by Curtis.
- The L Word: There are many sex scenes in locations outside characters' beds, such as in workplaces, bathrooms etc.
- MANswers: The series once investigated how it might be possible to have sex on a moving motorcycle, complete with Don't Try This at Home warnings and expert testimony from a tattoo-covered biker.
- Married... with Children: In the episode "The Egg and I", Marcy's ex-husband, Steve comes back to "reclaim" her, and gets into an argument with her current husband, Jefferson about which one of them is the better lover. They bring up places where they had sex with her, such as the kitchen, the front yard, a Dairy Queen, and a homeless person's shopping cart.
- Midnight Sun (2016): Kahina and Thor impulsively have sex against his car when she's drunk.
- Midsomer Murders: In "Death in a Chocolate Box", a woman who was cuckolding her husband in a big way was doing it by getting arrested on a Friday night, and then having sex with police officers in the cells.
- Monty Python's Flying Circus: "Well, I object to all this sex on the television. I mean, I keep falling off!"
- Murder in the First: Terry and Raffi had sex while in the police station property room.
- My Family: Subverted. They kept finding reasons not to have sex in certain rooms and did it in their bedroom instead.
- The Nanny: In one episode, Yetta mentions to C.C. (thinking she was talking to Maggie) that Fran and Maxwell had walked in on C.C. and Niles "doing the horizontal horror." C.C. responds with "Where? Kitchen? Closet? Stairway? Limo? Wal-Mart?" She later calls Niles and it's implied that she plans on doing it in an aluminum shed at Home Depot.
- NCIS: In one episode, the team was talking about where they had their respective first times. The Badass Israeli Lady of War mentions:
Ziva: My first time was in the back of a weapons carrier.
McGee and Abby: Of course it was.
- No Tomorrow: Deirdre and Hank start having sex in different places at work after they get involved there.
- In The Office (US), you'd be hard-pressed to find a Dunder Mifflin employee who DIDN'T do it at work at least once (with Dwight and Angela being especially fond of two-person "meetings").
Dwight: I've had intercourse in this office. As has Angela. As has Ryan. As has Kelly. As has Meredith. As has Phyllis. As has Darryl. As has Creed. As has Michael. And as has Holly.
Kevin: As has Kevin!
Angela: (In disbelief) With who?
Kevin: She goes to another school.
- Orange Is the New Black:
- Nicky and Morello get it on in the shower, and again in the prison chapel. Later, Morello gets married, and the guards agree to allow her to have sex with her new husband in the visitation room-just this once, and only because it's their wedding night, and (since federal prison has no conjugal visits) the last time they'll get to do it for a while. Officially, there is No Sex Allowed, although plenty of inmates (not just Morello and Nicky) have it anyway. Indeed, Nicky and Big Boo actually have a contest to see who can screw the most women there!
- Daya gets into a Secret Relationship with a guard and becomes pregnant by him. When her attempt at abortion is thwarted by her mother, she faces a dilemma: she knows the baby will be taken from her after it's born, and she also knows that her boyfriend will lose his job and be convicted of rapenote and sent to prison himself. So she conspires with her mother to make everyone think it's someone else's: she has sex with Pornstache in a broom closet, and arranges for them to get caught so he's blamed instead.
- The prison chapel is hands down the most popular place for flings between the inmates.
- In Season 4, the time machine in the laundry room seems to be the most popular destination.
- Nicky starts having sex with her Season 7 girlfriend in the kitchen. Slightly justified as the girlfriend is detained by ICE and they can only be together while cooking.
- Port Charles: Two characters take a break from work to sneak up to the roof and have sex. Later, another character and her boyfriend have sex in a bathroom, but find themselves stranded without any clothes. When her friend teases her about this, the other woman states, "Listen to her. Dr. "I Did It On The Roof" is giving me the "holier-than-thou" routine."
- Red Dwarf: At one point Lister claims to have had sex on a golf course, in a sand trap (see the linked Cracked article for why this is a bad idea). Rimmer's response included asking if Lister was a club member and if he raked the trap afterward.
- The Republic of Sarah:
- Alexis vandalizes her mailbox to make up a reason for filing a police report, then has sex with AJ (a cop) in her office.
- Corinne and Danny hook up while stuck inside the town hall.
- It appears that Bella and Tyler end up having their first time on the floor.
- The Rookie: Wesley has sex with Angela inside the police station (in a back room, but still), as a reward for letting off his client.
- Schitt's Creek: Alexis and Ted decide to have sex in the newly renovated bathroom of Rose Apothecary, and they break the sink.
- Scrubs: In one episode, when Keith is moving in with Elliot, they have box sex, where they're having some form of coital activity with each other in different moving boxes.
- Cooper has sex with Billie up against their kitchen table, as the first passionate encounter the couple has had in what's clearly some time.
- This appeared to be Brad and Billie's thing while they were together. While they are seen doing it in bed, most of the sex they have that's shown is elsewhere.
- Sex Sent Me To The ER: The raison d'etre of the series. Someone always gets hurt in the process.
- Star Trek: Voyager. In "Scientific Method", Tom Paris and B'Elanna Torres make up for years of Unresolved Sexual Tension by making out constantly. First Tom teleports to a Jeffries tube where B'Elanna is working so they can make out, but later they get so impatient they start doing it on a console on the upper deck of Engineering. And we know from a later episode that they are both quite noisy during these times. Eventually, they're hauled on the carpet before Captain Janeway because half the ship is gossiping about their antics. It's later revealed that some of this intensity was caused by aliens conducting scientific experiments on the crew.
- Supernatural: While Sam was suffering from amnesia, the brothers visit a town that Sam passed through during the period of time he can't remember. He occasionally has flashbacks of things he'd done in the town, including nailing a married woman in a public bathroom.
- Tales from the Crypt: In "'Til Death", Logan and the freshly resurrected Maggie have sex on top of her grave.
- That '70s Show: In the episode "Misty Mountain Hop", Donna and Eric have sex on the Formans' kitchen table but get caught by Eric's parents and the rest of the gang.
- Troy: Fall of a City:
- Paris and his lover have sex in a field.
- Achilles and Patrocles have sex with Briseis on the beach, plus each other.
- True Blood: Sex on a pool table is seen in the opening credits. The series also features people (like Sooki and Bill) doing it outside on the ground (later also with Eric).
- A Touch of Cloth: Spoofed when a woman recalls the steamy sex she had with her lover at a jury meeting — right there on the desk in front of everyone.
- Johnny and Lyn have sex on the stairs behind a building (which can't be too comfortable).
- Emma and Nico have sex in the bar's bathroom (they lock it at least).
- We Are Who We Are: Jenny and Maggie are seen just prior to, then after, having sex on the floor of an empty apartment. Jenny later also has sex with Richard on the floor of their garage.
- You (2018): There's a fair number of sex scenes outside beds: on the grass, in a kitchen, up against a wall etc.
- MAD parodies Bonnie and Clyde ("Balmy and Clod"), where she repeatedly tries to insist on doing this trope in extremely inconvenient locations (like a Car Chase), which he, of course, refuses to do, only to culminate in what he calls the worst place of all, which turns out to be a bed. It kind of makes sense if you've seen the movie.
- "Anywhere" by 112. The verses aren't really that indicative, but it's the chorus that outright mentions all the places.
- The song "The Bagman's Gambit" by The Decemberists, about a man who falls in love with a con artist. The lyrics don't specify whether the singer's paramour is male or female. It would be somewhat easier for them to meet in a bathroom stall if they were of the same sex.
And I recall that fall / I was working for the government / and in a bathroom stall off the National Mall / how we kissed so sweetly / how could I refuse a favor or two?
- Billy Joe Royal's song "Cherry Hill Park" is about a Seemingly-Wholesome '50s Girl who provides all the boys with "a thrill after dark" in the titular locale.
- After having been caught engaging in "cottaging" (meeting up with gay men for sex in public bathrooms), George Michael used this..."experience" as inspiration for his song "Outside", which is quite the lampshade on the trope as a whole. (The music video has a slew of examples on its own.)
I think I'm done with the sofa
I think I'm done with the hall
I think I'm done with the kitchen table, baby
- "Hey Bobby" by K.T. Oslin:
- Briefly mentioned in Digital Underground's "The Humpty Dance" - "I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom".
- "Sex in Crazy Places" by Gucci Mane, featuring Nicki Minaj, Bobby V, and Trina. They rap about making love on an airplane, a Six Flags roller coaster, and Disney's Magic Kingdom, among other places.
- Jake Thackray had a song called "Isobel Makes Love Upon National Monuments", which is also Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Jonathan Coulton's love anthem "First Of May" is all about sex in the park.
Ooh ooh child, I'll bring a blanket and I promise I will brush the ants off.
Ooh ooh child, you're gonna like it when we're taking each other's pants off,
- "Just Another Lover Tonight" by Cheryl Ladd:
"So you want him
And you dog him
That's no problem
He's just another lover
You can do him
You can use him
Till you lose him"
- Mentioned in Katy Perry's song "California Gurls", with a (probably) unintentional Last-Second Word Swap: "Sex on the beach/We don't mind sand in our stilettos".
- In "Nothing Like The First Time" by Lady Antebellum, the main protagonists had their first time underneath the bleachers.
- One of the shared pleasures cited in the "Pina Colada" song is making love at midnight in the dunes on the Cape.
- Poe in "Not A Virgin" sings about having sex in a variety of places, including "underneath the table in [her] living room."
- Implied in the Little Big Town song "Pontoon":
"Party in slow motion
Out here in the open
- Sarah Silverman and Matt Damon. On the bed, on the floor, on the towel, by the door, in the tub, in a car, up against the minibar...
- Warrant: There's implied kitchen sex in "Cherry Pie".
- The subject of the rap song "What's Your Fantasy?" by Ludacris. The 50-yard line of a football stadium is just for starters. The club, all over the house, on a boat, in the ocean, and even all the way to The White House.
- The Beatles' song "Why Don't We Do It In The Road?" is Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Robert Knight's "Love on a Mountain Top".
Love on a mountain top (love on a mountain top)
So high that we won't ever stop (high that we won't ever stop.)
Making love on a mountain (do do do do do stop.)
Drinking love from a fountain (do do do do do)
- Ashlee Simpson's "La La" is an Intercourse with You mentions sex on the kitchen, the floor, an airplane and the back of a bus.
- Robert Burns' poem, "Rigs O'Barley" is about a narrator having sex with a girl in a barley field.
- Orderly Chaos: Geier supposedly has a thing for sex on rooftops.
- The 2009 production of Bizet's Carmen at the Metropolitan Opera, with French tenor Roberto Alagna as Don José and Latvian mezzo-soprano Elina Garanca as Carmen, has this at the end of Act I. Following Carmen's already seductive Seguidilla that distracted Don José from writing out the arrest forms, both Don José and Carmen give into sexual tension as they make out upon a desk in the prison, and it's highly implied that they had sex as the lights fade out. See for yourself here.
- At the close of In the Next Room, or the Vibrator Play, Dr. Givings and Catherine disrobe and do it on the street in the snow.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition:
- If the male Inquisitor romances Cassandra, the romance is consummated in a grove just outside of the Inquisition's home base of Skyhold. It happens immediately after their first kiss.
- If the player enters a relationship with The Iron Bull, fellow party member Cole will start giving the rest of the party details about the Inquisitor and Bull's bedroom activities. If the Inquisitor opts to say that s/he and Bull are consenting adults who can do what they want in bed, Cole's tendency to be Literal-Minded leads him to announce that the Inquisitor and Bull have also been having sex up against the wall and once on the war table, to the amusement or discomfort of the fourth party member.
- Duel Savior Destiny: Though it fades to black before we see anything, the actual majority of the sex scenes take place like this. The most glaring has to be one that takes place mid-battle between Rico and Taiga, though to be fair it's both in a pocket dimension and because if they don't they'll be killed. Or at least, Taiga will be. Rico is almost unkillable.
- Fallout 4: At the beginning, you can talk to your spouse, who will ask if you want to go to the park together. Cue this dialogue:
Spouse: Hey, I was wondering if we should go to the park together. Could be fun.
[Player picks Sarcastic option]
Male Protagonist: Will it be like our first time at the park together?
Female Protagonist: Yes, to the park, with you. Because I want to get pregnant again.
- Mass Effect 2:
- Shepard and Miranda have sex in the Normandy's engine room. The reasoning behind it is that this is to avoid the Illusive Man's monitoring devices... But the fandom likes to say that it's because she's an exhibitionist. Or it could be because Miranda's two potential romantic rivals (Kelly doesn't count) are both stationed on the engineering deck. She's kind of like that.
- If you have the Kasumi DLC, at least she notices. "Really, Shepard, in the engine room? Right where Tali works?"
- Mass Effect: Andromeda:
- Peebee's optional sexual encounter takes place in one of the Tempest's escape pods, in zero-g. Partially justified in that she lives in said escape pod.
- Suvi and Sara's romance scene has them doing it inside the Nexus science lab. Probably not the kind of biological research (ahem) the builders intended it for.
- Neverwinter Nights:
- In the mod The Bastard of Kosigan, precisely one sex scene involves a bed. Most of the rest involve tables, walls, and on one occasion a tree.
- Likewise with A Dance with Rogues, though in this case there are rather more and the floor is used more frequently. Especially where Vico is involved, at least if the Princess responds to his advances when he suddenly has an urge in the middle of a graveyard in the Underdark. Also works the other way; most possible Love Interests will only have sex with the Princess in bed (or sleeping bags) at night when everyone else is asleep, but the Princess can ask Vico for sex anywhere at any time (to the disgust of the rest of the party).
- Parodied in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. If Daeran and the Commander are in a romance and he's in the party when the player explores the Wintersun area, there's an interaction where he suggests they fulfill one of his fantasies by making love under a waterfall. The PC has the option to shove him into the pool as a prank (the romance pretty much runs on Snark-to-Snark Combat), whereupon he emerges dripping wet and complaining that those romance novel authors should be flogged because that water was way colder than he expected.
- The Sims:
- Sims in The Sims 2 can woohoo in changing booths, inevitably attracting an audience (which can even include the couple's parents, siblings, children, etc. if they happen to be on the lot with them- talk about awkward!). They can also do the deed in hot tubs, including those placed on community lots (one premade example, included with the University expansion pack, is a tower whose sole furnishing is a hot tub on the top floor. On a college campus. Yeah, pretty obvious what the creators' were thinking when they designed it!). The various expansion packs added even MORE venues for Sims to get busy in public, including photo booths, saunas, tents, and elevators.
- In The Sims 3 they can do it in various buildings around town, as well as a sarcophagus in World Adventures, a time machine in Ambitions, treehouses in Generations, the haystacks in Pets, and a magician's box of mystery in Showtime. It seems that a new expansion pack just isn't complete without a new place for Sims to woohoo.
- In The Sims 4, Sins can woohoo in spots such as the Brindleton Bay lighthouse, Mua Pel'am's waterfall, a pile of leaves, a coffin, a money vault, an ice cave, and a rocket ship, which takes off into the sky during the act. Woohooing on a community lot will draw the attention of other Sims.
- Often occur in most stories of Choices: Stories You Play
- Crescendo (JP): Ryo does it with Miyu on and against the music room's piano.
- The Devil on G-String: Tsubaki's bad end H-scene with Kyousuke occurs at night in the park.
- DRAMAtical Murder:
- Several times, particularly in the Re:connect game. Koujaku's good end follow-up has both him and Aoba making love in his bathroom with two options: in the bathtub or in the shower.
- In Noiz's good end, Aoba has sex with Noiz in the latter's hospital bed.
- ef - a fairy tale of the two.: Chihiro and Renji sneak onto the rooftop when the school was otherwise closed.
- Hybrid × Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia: The volume 13 epilogue chapter includes a scene where Reiri has a Climax Hybrid session with her 17-year old brother, Kizuna, in the command center's conference room. The conference is conducted via com-link, which prevented the other world leaders from seeing them, though they could occasionally hear Reiri moaning and breathing heavily. She abruptly closes the com-link just as she achieves orgasm, then, after taking a moment to recover, tells him to do it again.
- Katawa Shoujo: Since the game takes place in a Boarding School, there are several instances of this kind of sex taking place in other places than the dormitories:
- Shizune seems quite prone to this. You didn't do it, but she wanted to have sex on the school rooftop. Also, while not as severe as other cases, it isn't a good idea to have sex in your parents' house when they (or at least her dad and brother) can just barge in at any moment. And finally, Hisao and Shizune's big sex scene, which you only see in the good ending route, takes place in the student council room at night.
- The second scene for Emi takes place in the sport supplies shed. It's... hilariously awkward, especially since it's anal sex and the naked Emi is bent over one of the props. It's also implied that Emi did... something amazing with Hisao in the rooftop — three guesses as to what.
- Rin and Hisao's first sex scene takes place in the painting atelier that Sae got for her. One wonders what would've happened if either she or Nomiya walked in.
- While the major part of the sex scenes take place on the school grounds, the first sex scene with Lilly Satou happens in the living room of the Satou family's summer house in Hokkaido. Since it only has two bedrooms and their common friend Hanako is with them, Hisao has to sleep on a futon; Lilly visits him to talk about their recent mutual Love Confession, they start making out, and one thing leads to another(although Hanako is asleep due to being exhausted from the stress of Hisao having a heart murmur earlier that day). They also subvert the typical "bathtub sex" scene the morning after: they do get into the hot tub and fondle each other, but for the actual sex act, they get out and do it on the floor, next to the tub.
- All the couples in Kindred Spirits on the Roof end up doing something sexual at school at some point or another in the story. Since Sachi and Yuna are ghosts who want to use other couples as references to learn how to consummate their relationship, but can't leave the school or go anywhere they didn't go when they were aliveExplanation , this is rather convenient for them. At the very end of the game, Yuna and Hina sneak into campus(which is a violation of the rules in and of itself) to allow Sachi and Megumi to possess their bodies and have Their First Time so they can pass on.
- When the protagonist and title character of Melody visit a music museum, and see a piano in the middle of a auditorium-like room, they get ready to have sex before they are chased out by security. Lampshaded later by Melody, who says she's glad in hindsight that first time having sex wasn't in a public place, on top of a piano.
- Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo: Including places like the school clinic and the back garden, which are always empty when the time comes. Mai lampshades this in the third novel when she states that the clinic is always empty (and they always happen to be doing something there.) Word of God claims that this is possible due to the meddling of a certain perverted maiden in the school's environmental maintenance committee. Mai and Reo also do it in a dressing room at a clothing store and in the library while they're supposed to be studying.
- Dumbing of Age: A Patreon only comic shows that what Dina's parents are doing now that there aren't kids in the house is banging on every surface of it.
- The adult cast of Ennui GO! will often have sex whenever and wherever the feel in the mood, though one particularly plot relevant example would be Renee and Hiro having a civil marriage and then getting so in the mood that they concieved their son Kazumi in the courthouse broom closet.
- The Order of the Stick: Haley and Elan once had sex on the back of a Purple Worm. (She implies that its phallic shape turned her on.)
- Rooster Teeth Comics: Griffon and Geoff discover to their horror that while Gus housesat for them, he and his wife Esther had sex all over their house, kindly marking every spot with the orange stars. Including on their leftover pizza.
- Sandra and Woo: Woo and Lily are seen breeding on the Thanksgiving table where Richard is supposed to be entertaining his boss.
- The Whiteboard: Swampy and Sandy screw in various parts of Doc's shop, though Swamp's attempt to make the broom closet more comfortable with pillows didn't work too well.
- The Wretched Ones: It's implied that John and Charlie have had sex at the restaurant where Charlie works. Something seemed to have gone wrong, but this is never elaborated.
- xkcd: This is an illustrated list of inappropriate places to attempt sex.
- Cracked: If this article is anything to go by, at casinos like Mohegan Sun, the excitement of gambling gets mixed up with sexual arousal. As the author points out:
"We've caught guys finger-banging their girlfriends under the roulette table and ladies giving handjobs at the poker table. What many patrons don't realize is that almost all casinos have damn near 100 percent camera coverage. At the Mohegan Sun, this has allowed us to record everything from nip-slips to elevator sex to people banging in the slot machine corner. I'm pretty sure that our surveillance guys can't even look at porn anymore because it feels too much like work."
- Darwin Awards: At least one story involved a couple doing it in the middle of the road at night. No prizes for guessing how that one ended.
- Texts From Last Night:
- If the submissions are any indication, anywhere or any surface you can have sex in or on, someone's done it. You name it, someone's had sex in it.
(443): we fucked while standing on a ladder. challenging, but worth it.(319): Three people drank on "never have I had sex in a tractor." Iowa at its best?(513): sex in a ball pit. and I thought ghandi did great things.
- Some submissions provides beach sex concerns:
(330): so,apparently a side effect of having sex on the beach is now i have a tanline shaped like your sister.(216): i hate you
- If the submissions are any indication, anywhere or any surface you can have sex in or on, someone's done it. You name it, someone's had sex in it.
- 20020, the sequel to 17776, features a scene where three sentient satellites are watching a play between Georgia and Georgia Tech, during a game that basically encompasses all of Collegiate American Football. Two Georgia players are revealed to be having sex... in the middle of a play.
- Adventure Time: Encouraged by Finn and Jake, Mister Pig confesses his deep love for Tree Trunks. She reciprocates and the two set to convey their love by shamelessly and passionately making out in front of other people. First, in Tree Trunk's garden right in the presence of Finn and Jake, who then proceed to awkwardly exit the scene. Then in Princess Bubblegum's concert in the Candy Kingdom — Finn splits them but the couple soon starts to dance in a very affectionate manner, even rubbing their butts at one point. In response, an enraged Princess Bubblegum gathers her electric piano and equipment and calls the concert off. Tree Trunks and Mister Pig promise to tone their displays of affection down but a montage shows them merely seeking hidden-from-view places. Which would be a good idea if not for the fact they choose places where other people can easily find them and some of them are either inappropriate (in Finn and Jake's Tree Fort, inside a baby's crib, behind a movie screen) or plain bizarre (inside of a sandwich). When asked why they don't just make out in Tree Trunk's house, Tree Trunks states that it's improper for a non-married couple to live together (Mister Pig is homeless and has been living in Tree Trunk's house since Finn and Jake rescued him).
- Family Guy:
- Peter & Lois decide to have sex in Peter's office in front of Opie.
Lois: Oh God, Peter, let's do it. Let's do it right here, right now!
Peter: Lois, Lois wait. Wait. Opie's right there.
Lois: I want him to look, Peter. [Opie runs away in terror]
- Peter and Lois' father have kidnapped her to stop her modeling career. Peter has a change of heart, coldcocks Mr. Pewterschmidt, and he and Lois have make-up sex ON her father... "like they used to."
- Peter & Lois decide to have sex in Peter's office in front of Opie.
- King of the Hill:
- Hank once walks in on his mother and her boyfriend having sex on the kitchen counter.
- In another episode the family notices little things wrong around the house, and Cotton keeps insisting someone is sneaking in. The others think he's crazy, but Cotton eventually discovers that their neighbors, Kahn and Minh, are actually sneaking in and roleplaying as Hank and Peggy for cheap thrills. Kahn also alludes to having done it in the library reading room.
- The Simpsons:
- Parodied in one episode, where Homer and Marge try sex in a bathtub as a means of rekindling their love life. They discover the tub is barely big enough for both of them to squeeze into, let alone get into an intimate position.
- Beach sex is parodied in "And Maggie Makes Three", where it looks like Homer and Marge are about to have a wild, hot night on the beach, only for Marge to ask that they leave because they've both got sand in their underwear. After they leave, Homer runs back to put more sand in his underpants.
- Bart was conceived inside the windmill on a miniature golf course.
- Principal Skinner and Mrs. Krabappel caused some controversy by getting caught in the act of doing it in the school.
- The episode "Natural Born Kissers" has Marge and Homer finding that the fear of getting caught in the act adds some much-needed spark to their sex life. This leads to them doing it in (among other places) a hayloft and a miniature golf course (which turns out to be the same course Bart was conceived on).
- Woody Allen's Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sex has a segment on frigidity played as a mock Italian movie where Woody and his wife find she can only enjoy sex in public places. They manage to live with it.