Hold Your Breath is a 2012 horror film by The Asylum. Seven kids, formerly friends in high school, head off on a camping trip together. While on their way, they pass a graveyard, one of them fails to hold his breath, and they accidentally inhale the spirit of a mass murderer, Klaus Van Hausen. Possessing one teen after another, he goes on a murderous rampage which can only be stopped by one man.
Not to be confused with Don't Breathe.
This film exhibits the following tropes:
- Abandoned Hospital: The Sanitorium, the prison where Klaus was killed.
- Body Surf: Klaus jumps into multiple victims throughout the film.
- Cellphones Are Useless: At the beginning of the film, Johnny confiscates all of the cell phones to ensure that people don't get distracted on the trip.
- Electric Torture: Klaus employs this for his early victims, but drops it for the Eye Scream.
- Eye Scream: Klaus has a thing about eyes. Keys, hash pipes, mixers, sticks, knives...
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Samantha gets bisected with barbed wire.
- Making Love in All the Wrong Places: Johnny and Natasha are prone to this according to their friends. Including in the morgue of the abandoned sanitarium.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: One of the side effects of being possessed by Klaus is glowing red eyes.
- Reversed with Warden Wilkes who produces the side effect of glowing blue eyes when he possesses somebody.
- The Stoner: Kyle, on the the teenagers, is smoking weed throughout the film.