Ennui GO! is the story of Elizabeth "Izzy" Pritchard, a video game programmer who was bored with her life and ended up creating the biggest accidental success story in the games industry. Now with her pockets filled with more money than she knows what to do with, this webcomic details the misadventures of Izzy, her friends — and simultaneous lovers — and other characters as they are all roped into the constant insanity, debauchery and materialism that Izzy subjects others to.
Ennui GO! provides examples of:
- 20 Minutes into the Future: Set about 2030 or so, judging by Hashim's comment that since Extreme Sports ended in 2000, all contestants have to be at least 50. The only advance is that prosthetics have evolved to cybernetics. Also, US Presidents are genetically engineered human/beetle hybrids after Trump's term, although this is meant to be a secret (shhh!).
- Acquired Error at the Printer: Renee had custom printed uniforms made for her roller derby team, the Screamin' Demons. They got jerseys labelled "Semen Demons".
- Arc Number: 049. It first shows up as the title of a strip referring to how many "magic mushrooms" Izzy ate, then in a horoscope reading, and in a much later strip (7/29/17, NSFW) Len calls them "the mystical numerals" during a blood ritual.
- Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?: Izzy declares her intention to invade Florida by stabbing a map of the state, and telling Noah and Hashim that they know what she wants. They start making jokes, and she screams that it's like trying to make war plans with a pair of puppies.
- Art Evolution: The general art style shifted drastically after less than a year of running, including shading and more rounded and realistic body proportions (while still maintaining the rather cartoony style).
- Ass Shove: In "Investigation", one of the Diamond Guards infiltrates the Gardeners and pulls his communicator out of his butt (he's shown from the front but his arm and expression make it clear) to relay information about what he's discovered.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: In "The Penetrat-Her", Tanya finally makes her move on Izzy, telling her to fuck her up. Izzy pulls out something that looks like a chainsaw and a dildo had a baby, leaving Tanya looking shell-shocked in the last panel. Noah lampshades this:Now normally I hate victim blaming. But when you LITERALLY asked for it, well...
- Bee Afraid: Izzy's building has a room called the Nude Room, where you have to be completely naked while inside, or you get attacked by a swarm of African Killer Bees.
- Belly Dancer: In "Tales from the Pigwater Inn", Renee's costume in the first session of Dungeons & Dragons the group plays seems very similar to what someone with a Dancer class would wear in-game.
- Bestiality Is Depraved:
- When Izzy invites Tanya to a Depravatorium...Tanya: Is she gonna do that with ALL of those horses?!
Renee: A lesser woman would likely be killed.
Izzy: Eh, I've seen bigger. Wonder what Noah's up to.
- The circus arc also features a centaur whose mother used to do donkey shows.
- When Izzy invites Tanya to a Depravatorium...
- Blazing Inferno Hellfire Sauce: Inverted. While Hashim's father's restaurant does make really spicy food, Hashim keeps a bottle of extremely mild sauce behind the counter that he uses to trick some people who ask for their food to be super spicy. Sybil knows he has "white people spicy" and "REAL spicy" sauces, and nearly breaks his arm for trying to give her the former.
- Body Horror: While it shows up every now and then as a gag, when it's used for actual effect, it's very effective, with the most prominent case being Izzy's and Adelie's mother, who has multiple infected track marks in her elbows, neck, and the right side of her head which has turned her right eye red and veiny.
- Bonding Through Shared Earbuds:
- Max plugs multiple earbuds into his computer so he, Bee, and Cricket can listen to "Fuck the Police" instead of the Kidz Bop version, which is a shocking moment for all three.Bee: I don't wanna do this any more! I don't even WANT to know what the real lyrics are!
Cricket: No! We're learning the truth and we're doing it TOGETHER!
[they start listening]
Bee: That's... a LOT of swears.
Max: [holding hands with both Bee and Cricket] Things are different now.
- Izzy and Adelie, for once, have a calm, peaceful moment at home sharing earbuds and listening to a CD.
- Max plugs multiple earbuds into his computer so he, Bee, and Cricket can listen to "Fuck the Police" instead of the Kidz Bop version, which is a shocking moment for all three.
- Breast Expansion: Len conclusively proved that Fizzy Izzy is being made with water contaminated with a chemical that results in the drinker's bust growing. This results in bigger breasts for women and more developed pectorals for men. Sales shoot through the roof.
- Venus' motivation for shutting Izzy down is because when Izzy dumped that bucket of whale cum off her building's roof in one of the very first comics, it landed on Venus. She turned out to have been severely allergic and ended up with disfiguring scars.
- A minor one, but an idea Max gives to Loose Flow is used in an episode of ''The Jimmies''.
- The Cameo: Len bumps into Slenderman.
- Captain Ersatz:
- Hashim looks and behaves very much like Son Goku.
- Smegli is Smeagol. NOT Gollum.
- Canon Welding: Played With. Izzy's clone Kirsti and her fiancee Lucian are explicitly stated by Word of God to be the parents of the protagonist of his previous comic, Rainbow Skies Forever. However Word of God also states that Ennui GO is an Alternate Universe.
- Cat Fight: In "The P.T.A.", a PTA meeting turns into a brawl between Adelie and another parent, complete with clothes coming off.Bella: Why do you come to our PTA meetings? You don't have a kid.
Izzy: [munching popcorn] For this exact reason.
- Cerebus Syndrome: Starts when Asher, Izzy's art guy, attacks Hashim with a broken whiskey bottle. That being said, there's still plenty of hilarity, but there's actually real plots now.
- Character Blog: Jerry has one called The Oozing World.
- Clown Car: Appropriately, Sarah drives one. It's the size of a smart car. Six clowns pile out of it to confront the mimes, the smallest of whom are proportioned like Tracy or Noah and the largest of whom is comparable to André the Giant.
- Comedic Spanking: Izzy threatens Noah with "five across the ass" a couple of times when he's being especially snarky.
- Comic Sutra: In "Spears", Izzy goes to a business meeting and comes back to find her roommates piggyback-jousting with dildo lances. Apparently this happens every time.
- Comically Cross-Eyed: Bee's eyes are so incredibly crossed that her pupils form spirals.
- Completely Missing the Point: According to Izzy, the nude room (a room you need to be naked in on pain of attack by African killer bees) is not to be used for sex, just passing through.
- Cosplay Café: In "Maid", Darcy has Izzy dress up in a maid outfit before getting busy with her.Darcy: Darcy has been exposed to the concept of maid cafes. Now, Darcy has a HUNGER.
[one costume change and some frisky business later]
Izzy: Oh no Mistress, you musn't! What if your girlfriend comes home and catches us?
Tanya: [apparently behind them the entire time] What IF? Don't stop on my account.
- Country Matters: An insult Jerry has dropped on occasion.
- Creepy Stalker Van: The men who try to kidnap Max in the "How Do I" arc drive a black van with black paper taped over the windows and "Free Candy" spray painted on the side. Max isn't stupid enough to get in, so they physically drag him inside.
- Crossover: "Crisis on Two Comics" sets up a crossover between Ennui GO! and Black Hole, Doctor Glasgow's newest comic revolving around a paranormal investigator.
- Cult: In "Crisis on Two Comics", Renee informs Izzy that several cults have sprung up in Key Manati, including (among others) the Gardeners, the Apostles of Ape Shaving, Followers of the Great Milky Mommy, Bobby's Guys, and American Christianity.
- Asher eventually becomes one after having the left half of his face replaced by cybernetics.
- Venus gets a cybernetic replacement eye as part of her facial reconstruction.
- Cypher Language: The fish girls' language is a system of odd squiggles and symbols which was eventually translated by the fans, and now is translated on the comic's site.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: While many of the adults are graphically shown masturbating at various points, one SFW strip is dedicated to Max's first time.
- Deliberately Monochrome: To show the influence of "Methany", the superpowered mime, the room around her, Izzy and Sarah gradually becomes sapped of color, until it's completely B/W in "Shh". This later reoccurs when she traps Izzy in an invisible box while they're having sex and makes her getaway.
- Dirty Cop: Izzy gets a cop to ignore the obvious drug use going on by literally throwing money at him.
- Distracted by the Sexy: "Civil War" is a huge brawl between "Methany", the other mimes, and Sarah and her fellow clowns...except for one female mime who's utterly focused on a very busty clown who's showing her boobs.
- Driven to Suicide: "Stay Classy Bethesda" ends with Izzy putting her gun to her head when she realizes why that dog was left alone at the Red Rocket gas station.
- Eldritch Abomination: Len's god, Eru. She also attends the Court of Silence from time to time, and keeps a being called Molestor at bay with her sexual prowess.
- Exact Words: Izzy really shouldn't have asked Sergio to "take care of" the weird guys outside her building.
- Eye Scream:
- Narrowly averted when Asher cuts Hashim's face with the broken whiskey bottle, as the cuts weren't deep enough to damage his eye.
- Asher completely loses his left eye when Izzy hacks off half his face with his own cleaver.
- Noah's final opponent in the Arcanus: The Widening tournament stabs himself in the left eye solely so he can put the ball of tiger's eye that was the grand prize in the socket.
- The redness of Izzy and Adelie's mother's right eye is likely due to spreading infection from the track marks near it. "Quiet" makes this even worse, as she's actually bleeding from under that eye and has a bloody syringe in her hand, making it all but certain that she shot up into the eye. A few strips later, a bit of imagery lampshades this; after beating Izzy and throwing her and Adelie into her car and driving away, the windshield has a web of jagged cracks that shifts as she moves but stays centered on that eye.
- Facial Horror:
- Jerry's face grows in feature-by-feature, starting with his mouth... then his left eye.
- One of the strip's major Call Backs involves this. Venus' face is horribly scarred and her left eye is damaged due to an allergic reaction to the whale semen Izzy unwittingly poured on her.
- A filler strip has a man who cranked off a chimp get his face torn off.
- Asher gets half of his face chopped off. He "fixes" it with a crude cybernetic mask.
- Fanservice Faux Fight: In "Pillow Fight", Izzy and Tanya have one in their underwear. Subverted in the last panel:Tanya: *oblivious to Darcy in the background about to wallop her* But why do I feel like we're forgetting something?
- Flat "What":
- In "Custom Fit", this is Izzy's reaction to Tanya telling her she can get custom-fitted bras.
- Done by Omegaman when Izzy reveals that she and her sister are the girls from the case he failed to solve.
- Flipping the Bird:
- Flower Motifs: The Gardeners' temple has a rose motif to its decorations, and their clothing has rose iconography. When their leader transforms herself, she gains a rose icon between her breasts and a Third Eye with a rose inside it.
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: Its name is Eru.
- Friends with Benefits: It's implied from the get-go that this is Izzy's relationship with both Noah and Hashim, but Izzy cutting them off due to the combo effect of Noah's size and Hashim's vigor is where it becomes clear.Izzy: I'm gonna go sit on an ice pack until I get frostbite.
- Fun with Acronyms: Key Manati's space program is named the Aeronautical Society for Science and Space EXploration.
- Funny Background Event:
- In the aforementioned strip where Izzy cuts off Noah and Hashim, they give a high five as she walks away.
- "Selfies" has several: a sign saying "FUCK OFF" on a lightpost, a guy literally windowlicking, and a twerking pigeon.
- "Carded": There's a couple banging in the background while Izzy is wrangling with the librarian. Also, there are vulgar signs promoting reading all over the place, which continues into "Remembrance".
- "Reversal": Not only does the vulgar signage in the library continue, as Sarah is "dragging" the mime lady toward the door, the bathrooms (which are specifically labeled "NO FUCKING") are in the background...and Renee and Hiro are walking out of the men's room.
- "Elections": The e-ballot shown in one panel has a warning to "[...] stop trying to shit in the voting machines." In the next panel, as Izzy and Renee are talking, a guy in the background apparently didn't read that part.
- "Gifts": Hashim, Noah, and Renee are eating ice cream outside while talking. All the while, the guy working the counter guzzles down...something...attacks a customer with a knife, and gets the shit beaten out of him by Izzy's military police.
- "Corvid": As a reporter is giving a live update on a news story, a man and woman are in the background twerking.
- "Policy": While Izzy is being interviewed, a man on the beach pours a bucket of some goop on himself. This attracts a flock of pigeons who swarm him; in the last panel, all that's left is a puddle of the goop on the sand.
- Gainaxing: Darcy does this while playing a Dance Dance Revolution-style game, and threatens to kill everyone in the crowd behind her when she finishes playing.
- Girlish Pigtails: Sarah normally wears her hair in a ponytail with loose bangs that cover her right eye, but in "Hacking" she wears her hair in this style as part of a disguise.
- Gold Digger: Invoked but averted. Noah and Hashim were Izzy's only friends that didn't try to sponge money off her after she made her fortune, which is exactly why she invited them to live with her.
- Happy Ending Massage: Discussed between Izzy, Noah, and a spa worker. Apparently Hashim got his signals crossed.
- Has Two Thumbs and...: Done by Izzy, but not in a good way.Who's got two thumbs and a horrible noravirus? THIS gal- *cue projectile vomiting*
- Hates Everyone Equally: Invoked. The military police of Key Manati wear helmets with red tinted lenses to increase aggression and prevent them from being able to tell the skin color of the people they're beating.Trainee: Sooo... you WANT the MPs to be giving out random beatings?
Sergio: Yes. So long as they're not motivated by prejudice.
- Heartbreak and Ice Cream: Galatea, having just broken up with her boyfriend, is distraught and plowing through a bucket of Fudge-Packed Triple Cookie Nightmare.
- Hermaphrodite: A consequence of the transformation of the leader of the Garderners is becoming a classic "futanari"note . Even after becoming depowered, she retains the extra equipment.
- Heroic Second Wind: Darcy not only survives getting completely impaled by a whaling harpoon and having it ripped out, she gets back up to finish the fight.
- Hidden Depths: Izzy and Adelie's views and attitudes stem from abusive childhoods and life-threatening experiences that the rest of the cast generally don't know about.
- Holy Halo: Subverted; after the leader of the Gardener's transformation in "New God", she has a thorned halo-like ring apparently growing out of her head.
- Hugh Mann: Axil as he wears a clown wig, a pair of Groucho glasses, and works at Arby's.
- Humanoid Abomination: Jerry. Started out as The Faceless until he "moulted" and grew a mouth. He's not the only one of his kind, as GG ran into an elder of his species...
- If You Ever Do Anything to Hurt Her...: Calixta's brother starts to threaten this until he sees a photo of Max covered in blood and says that Calixta is on her own. Then Max accidentally walks in on her when she's changing her shirt, leading her brother to pummel him.Sorry kid, I know you have no context for this but I changed my mind.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure: Most of the female cast (even Darcy and Sarah) had this design in the comic's early days before Art Evolution set in. See here for one such example.
- Informed Flaw: Izzy's supposedly bugfuck nuts, but we never see anything except for the occasional bout of depression or drug-fueled shenanigans. Given that she interacts with genuinely insane people like Asher, Len, and Smegli, her insanity is very much an informed trait.
- The Intern: Noah makes an intern deliver a flash drive to a lab with a creepy co-worker.Noah: Now I didn't haul my balls through grad school to have to hear the wet slapping sound Bernski makes when he moves. That's an intern's job! So get your ass over to lab B, capiche?
- The Internet Is for Porn: Max and Calixta are introduced to the concept by Cricket and Bee respectively; while Cricket just alludes to the idea, Bee straight up shows Calixta what she's found.
- Interrupted Intimacy:
- In "Mood Killer", Sarah and Izzy are in the middle of sexy times until Sarah sees a spider on the wall, catches it and tosses it out the window.Sarah: Now where were we?
Izzy: After that? Done.
- Exaggerated in "Caught". Len tries to fool around with Noah, but is interrupted multiple times by her mom...with the last time being her offering to tag in if needed.
- In "Mood Killer", Sarah and Izzy are in the middle of sexy times until Sarah sees a spider on the wall, catches it and tosses it out the window.
- It's Not You, It's Me: Invoked by Izzy to try to get Tanya to steer clear of her after their initial tryst. Tanya heeds this at first but starts hanging out with them and eventually does become romantically entangled with Izzy in "Penetrat-Her".
- Kaiju: Doctor Bald creates a gigantic female monster...but not to create havoc in Key Manati, but to be the ultimate waifu.Doctor Bald: Nerds the world over will join the army of Doctor Bald just to hold hands with the most perfect waifu the world has ever seen!
Izzy: That's all you're gonna do with it?
Doctor Bald: What other use could there be?! A HAHAHAHAHA HA HAAAAAA!
- Karma Houdini: Izzy, as part of her Heel Realization, refuses to allow this to happen with herself. She writes an apology letter to Venus and personally finances her very expensive facial reconstruction surgery and cybernetic replacement eye.
- Knee-capping: Max, selling popcorn for an Adventure Brigade fundraiser, resorts to this when his sales pitch doesn't work.
- Kirby Dots: Used around Darcy's head in "Home Ec" when she tells Max's class that they're going to learn how to sew.
- Laughing Mad: Izzy and Adelie have a moment of this after they regain consciousness from being saved by the fish girls, and the combo of relief that they're alive and horror of what they just went through starts to set in.
- Like Reality Unless Otherwise Noted: About the adventures of an insane, hedonistic celebrity billionaire, except that one of her friends is a minor Eldritch Abomination and another is a witch, and there's fish girls and (confirmed) space aliens. Oh yeah, and console manufacturers are OK with Adults Only games.
- Little Green Men: Axel, although he's neither short nor under-endowed (ahem).
- The Loins Sleep Tonight: A handful of strips revolve around various characters having libido issues for one reason or another, which are usually discussed between said characters and their partners and sometimes coupled with inventive ways of solving the problem.
- Long Title: Hiro and Noah discuss overly-long manga titles, with Hiro noting that the trend is even infecting Izzy's biography he's illustrating.
- Love Goddess: Revealed to be the ultimate goal of the leader of the Gardeners. She succeeds in "New God", transforming herself into a hermaphroditic entity who, as seen in "Conductor", drives everyone in her presence into sexual overload.If sexual intimacy is a delicate orchestra of touches, glances, and pheromones, then I am now the conductor. Drown in the orgasmic ecstasy of my presence.
- Male Restroom Etiquette: Broken to hell and back, to Noah's chagrin.
- Merit Badges for Everything: The Adventure Brigade offers a Horse Murder merit badge.
- Mushroom Samba:
- Izzy hallucinates trees while Renee calls poison control.
- Izzy, Noah, and Hashim drop acid and then have a threesome. It starts out as simple hallucinations, but then Izzy seems to travel back to before she was born, to witness what made her mother turn out the way she did, and then to see the day she tried to kill the girls from an outsider's perspective.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Izzy is horrified when she finds out about how she ruined Venus' life and seeing the looks on Sarah and Len's faces when she explodes at them after Methany escapes the library with "Florida Man".
- No Yay: One strip ends with the implication that Max and his friends, with nothing else to do, are going to fool around with each other. When the next strip jumped to a completely different topic, discussion in the comments section included a statement from the strip's creator saying that the comic would allude to whatever didoes Max and company might get up to but absolutely wouldn't depict anything until they were all of legal age
- Noodle Incident: Apparently, Izzy already pulled a Twin Switch before to seduce someone...
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: When Noah's not playing along with the innuendos, pay attention.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: The Nevershould. Congealed regret in the shape of a friendly boy.
- Painting the Medium:
- Underwater speech is drawn in a literal speech bubble.
- In "Reversal", Sarah's talking is rendered as a dialogue frame from a silent movie due to the reality-bending nature of the conflict between her and the mime lady.
- Panel Break: In "Expert", Diana is attempting to subdue...something...which, in its attempt to escape, tries to climb out of one of the panels.
- Pixellation: You have to be a member of the creator's Patreon to get the comic uncensored; otherwise, the strips are released with genitals and female nipples covered by digital mosaics.
- Primal Scene: Max has walked in on Adelie and Bella getting frisky a couple of times, but they've managed to either hide or get clothes on (mostly) before he sees anything.
- Punny Name: The comic itself, which you might not catch if you're pronouncing "Ennui" wrong.note
- Pyrrhic Victory: As Max and Cricket are discussing what was really going on with Mrs. Cruddletwat:Max: We're actually gonna have to learn shit now, aren't we?
Cricket: Hard to say if this was a victory or not.
- Real After All:
- The fish girls that subconsciously inspired Izzy to make Pro Ass Fishing many years later.
- A lot of Len's insane ramblings turn out to be 100% true.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Starting with "Bad Gas", the comic begins to integrate the COVID-19 pandemic, with the disease itself being mentioned in "Substitute". "Corvid" introduces a sexually transmitted disease that turns victims into bird-people, but the strip heavily lampoons the reality of the COVID-19 situation: Noah gives a press briefing with sensible precautions and advice, outraged protestors defy the advice Noah gave, and Izzy gives a rambling press briefing that spoofs Pres. Trump's "disinfectant" briefing in typical Izzy fashion.
- Reality Ensues:
- We don't immediately learn someone's name unless they introduce themselves. Len took months to let her name slip, and the redheaded chick who works everywhere and tells horrifying secrets is seen with a nametag reading "Sybil."
- Turns out when something is 10 years from the marketplace, there's a good reason, as Hashim found out with the hoverboard.
- As it turns out, faking an identity or two can take a pretty long time and involves a lot of paperwork and a bit of breaking and entering.
- Right Through the Wall: Izzy comes to regret inviting Adelie and Bella to live with her. To be fair, Adelie did warn her they were loud, but being able to be heard more than 20 floors away is incredible.
- The Rule of First Adopters: Dr. Bald creates life. He calls it... Frankenhooker!
- Rule 63: For a week or so, they showed what it was like in Universe-11, where everyone's gender was reversed. It wasn't that much different, other than Sarah's counterpart having a very classy mustache.
- Running Gag:
- Sarah listing examples of certain topics, which grinds these strips to a halt and often irritates the other characters. Izzy flat out stops her from doing this in "スムーズジャズ"
- Several comics refer to people being thrown in "the pit" as a punishment for something. It's finally revealed (somewhat) in "Crisis Averted".
- Scout-Out: Key Manati's Adventure Brigade, which Len becomes an adult leader for.
- Self-Deprecation: Hashim's brother would rather date the serial murderer who turns her victims into leather pants and sells them on etsy over the comic artist.
- Sex Magic: Diana Nox, the main character of Black Hole, uses tantric magic to take care of supernatural and paranormal problems. Izzy and Len seek her help in dealing with the Gardeners, and her magic is key to their victory.
- Sexy Whatever Outfit: After complaining that women's costumes are too sexy and men's not sexy enough, Izzy and Hashim go as Sexy Meat Packing Plant Worker and Sexy Nuclear Disaster Cleanup Crew respectively.
- Side-Effects Include...: Word to the wise - don't take Erectaid.
- Spit Take: Izzy does one in "Frogs" when Len reveals exactly which water reservoir the spilled bust-enhancing cream leaked into.
- Start of Darkness: The reveal of Izzy's mother's own abusive childhood, which not only sets up what will later happen but also shows the strange tripling of her irises which is a clue to the eventual three-way fracturing of her psyche.
- Straw Nihilist: Calixta and Vanitas mistake the Church of Erudition's dogma for this.
- Strawman Has a Point: One recurring character is a stereotypical soccer mom. She rants about how evil the GMOs that Dr. Bald is making are. Her proof of this is the fact that the pear she's holding has a face and is asking why was it created.Izzy: Yeah I should probably look over what he's doing more often.
- Take That!:
- Inverted as Hiro describes commissions from the Furry Fandom as a positive force behind developing and independent artists.
- Played straight with a recurring SJW character who is as unpleasant as possible and has multiple buttholes. "Redesign" piles onto this by making him a part of the "redraw female superheroes to be more 'realistic'" movement.
- Izzy has a burning hate for Captain Marvel & The Carol Corps and once burned every copy she could get her hands on.
- At one point, Adelie refuses to buy Max chicken nuggets, because "Chicken nugget kids grow up to be chicken nugget men," pointing out a grown man throwing a tantrum because he can't have chicken tenders.
- "Hacks" is a blatant shot at the formatting changes Smack Jeeves made which prompted the comic to move to ComicFury, couched as Izzy finding out that Darcy moved her games to a new distribution platform after the old platform was bought out by a Korean company that made a lot of obnoxious changes.
- Terrible Interviewees Montage:
- The first three people showing up to be Izzy's personal assistant aren't even interested in the position: one wants to get laid, another wants to complain about Izzy's game, and the third wants to pitch a game idea.
- Rinse and repeat when Renee tries hiring a new artist for Izzy's game. Considering the previous one tried to murder her, the bar was set rather low, but the three first applicants still manage to disappoint.
- They Just Don't Get It: When Dr. Bald bemoans he won't makes money from his failed "Frankenhooker" experiment, Noah points out to him that he invented reanimation, which he could easily be monetized. Dr. Bald doesn't get how people could want their departed ones turned into hookers. Noah insists that he doesn't HAVE to turn them into hookers.Dr. Bald: I don't follow.
- This Is Gonna Suck: Upon finding out that Darcy of all people is his substitute for home economics, Max can only say "Oh hell this ain't gonna be good."
- Tradesnark: Done by Len, with the added twist of somehow vocalizing the TM notation, which creeps Noah out.
- Twin Switch: Zig-Zagged when Izzy disguises herself as Adelie to seduce Officer Espinosa. Adelie is not amused.
- Undressing the Unconscious: Inverted when a family of creepy rednecks kidnap Izzy while she's deep asleep and naked after a night of wild sex. When she wakes up in their shack, they've dressed her in a white nightgown, which she wonders about once she's escaped them.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Izzy and Darcy are both shown throwing up due to illness, and Izzy throws up as a teen when "Florida Man" introduces them to booze and drugs.
- Wardrobe Malfunction: "Planned" revolves around Darcy having one in front of a crowd. It helps her win a cosplay contest.
- Weird Trade Union: The Clown Union got even weirder since they merged with the Mime Union. There is a lot of friction due to the difference in procedures and cultures.
- Wham Line:
Venus: [removing her bandages, revealing her scars] WHO EVER HEARD OF SOMEONE BEING ALLERGIC TO WHALE CUM?!Noah: [to Smegli] We all make mistakes. What separates good and bad people is that the good ones recognize when they've hurt someone, and then try to make things right. You're good people, Smegli.
- Two of them, and all part of Izzy's Heel Realization:
- This reveal. If it's true, it's no wonder Izzy seems to hate him.Florida Man: After all... I'M the guy that got your mom hooked on drugs in the first place!
- Wham Shot: Izzy and Adelie sitting together in utter shock after The Reveal of their mom's Start of Darkness, which darkly mirrors the shot of them listening to music together.
- World of Weirdness: Remember when this was just a webcomic about a really rich woman who had no idea what to do now that she had all sorts of money?
- You and What Army?: Asked by the librarian in "Carded" in response to Izzy claiming she had the police beat up.