Making a sexy outfit, usually for women, modeled on something that, barring Fetishes, isn't really sexy on its own (say a famous Pimped-Out Dress or a deck of cards). It doesn't matter what it is, someone will try to make attractive clothing based on it.
This shows up in fiction, but is also Truth in Television when it comes to Cosplay and Halloween outfits. Yet they aren't sold on the kinky sites, but mainstream stores. This is because most of these outfits (and sources) tend to not be outright obscene, since they're meant to be worn in public.
See also Custom Uniform of Sexy for when something like this is supposedly an official uniform option.
- A Halloween ad for Value Village listed off a series of bizarre costume suggestions. Among them was Sexy Ben Franklin.
- Miyuki-chan in Wonderland has a number of these outfits, including sexy roses and sexy Human Chess outfits.
- Dark Magician Girl from Yu-Gi-Oh! is a sexy version of the Robe and Wizard Hat.
- In Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Birdy is an alien undercover agent living on Earth, and her cover identity is a model. She's sharing a body with Ordinary High-School Student Tsutomu, and at one point, it's his consciousness and her body in a photo shoot, which is a series of these.
- In Rio -Rainbow Gate!- , Rio is a croupier and thus wears a croupier outfit... But a sexy one, combining bare midriff, bare legs, cleavage, miniskirt, and heels.
- Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt: Panty and Stocking's transformation outfits may at first seem like good clothes for a female Greek divinity, but the two managed to make them work as stripper outfits.
- Discussed in a strip of the Swedish comic Lilla Berlin (Little Berlin), where a character goes to rent a Halloween costume and is upset that the only female costumes are increasingly unlikely Sexy Whatevers, including a "Sexy Tombstone".
- PJ Maybe from Judge Dredd lusts after Chief Judge Hershey. At one point he has an Imagine Spot where she's wearing a decidedly unregulation-version of her Judge uniform.
- Wonder Woman Vol 1: After Gell Osey tries to attack a professor, and pick a fight with all of her classmates, while jealously demeaning their work and claiming herself to be just as good at the subject of science as those who have gained recognition for it despite never even paying attention to the subject the Holliday Girls force her to wear a sexy cat outfit, complete with fist mitts, during dinner to continue as a sorority pledge or they'll kick her out.
- The Secret Return of Alex Mack: Alex gets quite annoyed by this trend at Halloween — especially when she sees a Terawatt outfit with a Cleavage Window.
- This is discussed in the X-Men fic Halloween Rules for Xavier's; it's explicitly stated that faculty costumes must cover as much flesh as the average (non-Stripperiffic) swim costume, and that costume choices can't be prefixed with "sexy" to justify otherwise (due to something involving Psylocke dressing up as a "sexy Man-Thing"). There's also a rule specifically against raiding Emma Frost's wardrobe for a costume.
- In Lady Luck's Favor, Maddie Fenton dresses as a Hot Witch for Halloween, while Desiree dresses as a sexy cowgirl and Penelope Spectra dresses as a sexy cop.
- In Ask White Pearl and Steven (almost!) anything, Steven tries to buy disguises and opts for discounted Halloween costumes. While his doesn't look too weird, White Pearl got a sexy witch outfit, which Steven eventually rejects in favor of normal clothes. Note that she's wearing her usual "clothes" under it, and while Steven worries that she's cold, we know that she's not.
- Berkshire County: Kylie wears a sexy Red Riding Hood costume to a Halloween Party at the start of the movie.
- Discussed and parodied in Mean Girls. One of the Plastics, Karen, wore a supposed "mouse costume" that was just a sexy nightgown with a headband with furry round ears, which she had to point to when asked what she was supposed to be dressed up as. Regina's "bunny" costume is more like a Playboy Bunny and causes her father to have a reverse Primal Scene reaction, and Gretchen's cat costume involves a literal catsuit. Cady is the only girl at the party who dresses in a non-sexy Halloween costume, instead wearing a legitimately creepy bride costume ("an ex-wife") that causes Janis and Damian to freak out.
Cady: "In the regular world, Halloween is when children dress up in costumes and beg for candy. In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it. The hardcore girls just wear lingerie and some form of animal ears."
- Marvel Cinematic Universe:
- During the Stark Expo in Iron Man 2, there are some dancers in midriff-baring, high heeled Iron Man costumes.
- Captain America: The First Avenger: During the "Star Spangled Man With A Plan" number, Cap is surrounded by Chorus Girls wearing flag based dresses, that have short skirts which twirl and sway with every movement of their legs.
- This Gun for Hire includes a musical number in which the heroine appears as a sexy angler in patent leather hip waders.
- In Intolerable Cruelty, Marilyn's previous husband/victim had an interest in trains that crossed over into sexual fetishism. One comic cutaway gag has him in bed with a number of women all dressed in erotic parodies of railroad uniforms.
- A scene in Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets involves Rihanna as a shapeshifting "entertainer" doing an extended pole dance for Valerian in a variety of these outfits including a schoolgirl's, a nurse's and a French maid's.
- In Cry_Wolf, Dodger has a sexy Red Riding Hood costume for Halloween. Wolves are very significant thematically in this movie.
- In Trick 'r Treat, all of the teenage werewolf girls are wearing sexy fairytale outfits, with the exception of Laurie, whose Red Riding Hood outfit is relatively tame. According to the girls, this is tradition for them (last year was sexy sailors, the year before was sexy nurses, etcetera). It's how they attract men (and the occasional woman) so they can eat. Apparently, it's also tradition for a werewolf without her first kill to wear a Red Riding Hood outfit in order to get it.
- The Final: All of the popular girls wear some kind of sexy costume to the party. There are sexy cops, a sexy hippie, a sexy boxer, a pirate wench, etc. Emily is the only aversion, and that's because she and her friends are there to get down to business — her costume is instead an homage to Asami from Audition.
- In Magic Mike, the male strippers wear everything from Tarzan to military men.
- A Running Gag in Bedazzled (2000) is that every time the Devil, played by Elizabeth Hurley, appears after one of Elliot's wishes fail she's dressed in one of these costumes based on a stock male sexual fantasy while performing some minor act of evil related to whatever she's dressed as, e.g. a Naughty Nurse Outfit while switching medicine for candy or a Fair Cop who makes parking meters expire so she can write tickets.
- In Alice in Murderland, all of the sorority sisters attend Alice's 18th birthday party dressed as sexy versions of the Alice's Adventures in Wonderland characters. (Although some are actually dressed as characters from Through the Looking-Glass.)
- A Running Gag in Hubie Halloween is that a lot of women dressed up as Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad (2016) for Halloween, including every woman on the news team.
- In the Giant Days novel, Susan, Esther, and Daisy attend a Halloween party where seeing a sexy Puss in Boots causes Susan to complain about the disparity between female and male costumes. She says that sexy should be a choice, not a rule, while pointing out various women dressed as sexy versions of a witch, a car mechanic, a sentient tree, a crayon, and a mobile phone. Esther, whose sexy vampire costume is not much different from her regular outfits, proudly says that some people just can't help it. Daisy is too distracted to give more than a half-hearted reply.
- Thud!: Angua is less-than-thrilled to learn the local strip club has a sexy version of a Watchman's outfit (especially since she's the only Fair Cop on the force), doubly so when it's the only thing she can wear due to losing her regular uniform.
- In Arrested Development, a stripper group called the Hot Cops make repeated appearances, sometimes being used as fake cops and sometimes not.
- Bill Maher looooves playing with this trope, especially when he hosts "Arabian fashion shows".
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer:
- While there isn't an actual Slayer uniform, this was brought up a few times. Xander is quite taken by Faith when she first shows up, causing his girlfriend to say she should dress as a Slayer. Ditto for Connor, causing Cordelia to complain about the fascination with Faith's leather pants.
- In the first Halloween Episode, Buffy convinces shy, meek Willow to dress up in a sexy outfit, but Willow winds up throwing a Bedsheet Ghost costume over it. When people start Becoming the Costume due to a spell, she winds up incorporeal — meaning that the ghost costume falls through her and leaves her stuck in the sexy outfit. She defends herself by claiming that Cordelia's Cat Girl leotard was trashier.
Willow: I'm a ghost.
Giles: Yes, but, um... well, the ghost of what, exactly?
- The Big Bang Theory:
- A Halloween episode has Penny in a "sexy cop" outfit. She insists it's "sexy cop" and not "slutty cop" because the "slutty cop" outfit was even skimpier.
- When Leonard has to give a graduation speech by Skype, Penny gets him a cap and gown to wear. Only the costume shop only had the "sexy graduate" costume, so the gown was a little short. Fortunately, according to Leonard, "sexy and short are within my wheelhouse."
- Psych: McNab, who actually is a cop, was revealed to have a second job as a hotel stripper which had him wear a sexy cop uniform.
- In one episode Sarah has to masquerade as a member of the Nerd Herd to gain Chuck and Casey access to a facility after Chuck, who sabotaged their computers in the first place, was rudely turned away by the arrogant internal IT staff. Her "uniform" (consisting of a white shirt and black skirt) was notably skimpier than actual female Herder Anna Wu's, (who herself can qualify as Ms. Fanservice) with a much tighter blouse with deep cleavage, and an extremely short skirt.
- A CIA agent (portrayed by Tricia Helfer) being sent to replace Sarah decides to seduce Devon at his bachelor party to steal his ID badge so the team can access the hospital where a terrorist cell leader is having a heart transplant. She infiltrates the party masquerading as a stripper and wearing a sexy police outfit.
- One of the male reporters on The Daily Show was tricked into dressing like a sexy nurse.
- Doctor Who:
- The second Romana's taste in clothes was basically these — the actress imagined Romana would just buy whatever was on offer at the alien equivalent of Portobello Road and dress in it even if it looked a bit eccentric. Sexy Catholic schoolgirl ("City of Death"), sexy Edwardian boy's bathing suit ("The Leisure Hive"), sexy Fourth Doctor cosplay ("Destiny of the Daleks"), sexy sailor dress ("Nightmare on Eden"), sexy riding clothes ("Meglos"), another sexy Fourth Doctor outfit variation ("Full Circle"). The sexy flight attendant uniform that later became Tegan's Limited Wardrobe had in fact been intended for Romana to wear, influencing Tegan's backstory.
- Adult Amy Pond's first appearance was while wearing a sexy police uniform. When the Doctor queried why she was Impersonating an Officer (to interrogate the Doctor), she said it was either that or the maid outfit. An older woman in the village later commented that she thought Amy was a nurse, to which Amy replied that she was that as well. She's actually a kissogram. Presumably, there are a few other outfits that weren't mentioned on-camera.
- Amy is into Roman legionnaires, and so her boyfriend Rory has dressed up as one on a few occasions. In particular, he wore the costume on their honeymoon (while Amy wears the police uniform again). Unfortunately the inevitable adventure occurs, leading to a Running Gag of characters asking why they're dressed like that in the middle of a crisis. and then he ends up as a Roman Legionnaire for real
- Farscape. In "Won't Get Fooled Again", our hero John Crichton is undergoing a Mind Probe, leading to all kinds of bizarre events in his head. One scene involves John Strapped to an Operating Table being sexually propositioned by Zhaan as a Dominatrix, Aeryn in a Naughty Nurse Outfit, and Chiana as a fetish schoolgirl. Unfortunately this becomes Fan Disservice with the appearance of Rygel in bondage gear, wielding a whip.
- In Frasier, Roz shows up at Niles' Book Costume party as O, of The Story of O. She is wearing leather bondage gear, but the book describes O as wearing long silk gowns, bare-breasted.
- An In-Universe example in Game of Thrones, when Tyrion admires the backless outfit of a whore dressed as Queen Daenerys.
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver did a bit on these costumes, including one site that was selling 'Sexy John Oliver' costumes, designed for women. John quipped "I don't know if I've ever been more confused than I am right now."
- Referenced in a Halloween/Day of the Dead party. Britta, wearing a dumpy squirrel costume, commends Annie, dressed as a skeleton, for not wearing a demeaning sexy costume — then Annie takes off her coat revealing a skeleton print on a tight black leotard.
- Spoofed even further in another Halloween episode with Troy's homemade "sexy dracula" (not sexy Dracula; he's a sexy dracula) costume, which seems to consist entirely of going shirtless with toilet paper wristbands and a toilet paper scarf with "DRACULA" written on it. This is what happens when Troy tries to not be a geek.
- Castle: A Season 8 episode puts Alexis in a sexy angel costume for a frat house Halloween party.
- CSI: In "The Lost Reindeer", the office party animal arranges for a stripper dressed as a sexy reindeer to perform at the office Christmas party.
- In Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Darryl's ex-wife shows up for Halloween dressed as what she describes as all of the sexy outfits. Recognizable are bunny ears, a tiny pitchfork, a bow tie collar, leopard-print stockings, and a maid's apron.
- Friends: Chandler meets Ross' girlfriend at a Halloween party. He commends her on her "slutty nurse" costume. She politely clarifies that it's just an ordinary nurse costume. Chandler who is dressed as a pink bunny responds: "You think that would embarrass me, but you see, I'm maxed out."
- Ghosts (US): When Trevor talks about Halloween, he mentions a woman dressed up as a sexy version of Bobby Boucher from The Waterboy.
- On How I Met Your Mother, Ted spends a while obsessed with a woman he met at a Halloween party who wore a "Slutty Pumpkin" costume. When Robin asks how a pumpkin costume can be sexy, she's told, "It was cut in strategic areas."
- On Laverne & Shirley, Laverne goes to a Halloween party as The Mad Hatter. The top half of the costume is the traditional top hat and high-collared jacket, but the bottom half is fishnet stockings and high heels. Squiggy quips that she looks more like "The Mad Hooker".
- Modern Family: Claire is trying to get the rest of the family to participate in the haunted house she hosts at home. Twice she tells Haley, who is in a sexy costume, to put on something more appropriate. Both times, Haley shows up in another sexy costume. She finally shows up as Sexy Mother Theresa. Claire just gives up and tells her to cover up with a sheet.
- Parks and Recreation:
April: I want another nurse.
Ann: Well, there are none. We're stretched pretty thin right now.
April: Then I want a janitor. They can do what you do, right?
Ann: Yep, nurses and janitors are totally interchangeable.
April: Except no-one dresses up like a janitor when they want to be slutty.
- Also referenced in a comment by Ann: "Halloween is my favorite holiday. It's just the best. And I don't have to work! Hey slutty teenage girls dressed as sexy kittens... pump your own stomachs this year!"
- Dina from Superstore grabs the fist costume she finds because she's made to wear one. It's a sexy cop outfit. She never bothers to change it over several years.
- Titans (2018). Hawk and Dove plan One Last Job before retiring from the vigilante game. Hawk talks of getting a replacement hip and then adds with a grin that Dove could nurse him back to health.
- The WandaVision episode "All-New Halloween Spooktacular!" finally gives Wanda Maximoff a chance to wear the leotard and pink tights her character traditionally wears in the comics, as a Halloween costume. When asked what she's supposed to be, she replies: "A Sokovian fortune teller."
- In the Cool Kids Table game Creepy Town, Veronica dresses as a sexy vampire on Halloween. Stacey is wearing Britney Spears' schoolgirl outfit from "...Baby One More Time", which later gets retconned to that plus a sexy Frankenstein costume. In a male example, Ethan dresses as a sexy shirtless doctor.
- Chloe from Be More Chill wears a sexy baby costume to the Halloween party, complete with bottle-shaped flask. Her Beta Bitch Brooke dresses as a sexy dog, pointing out that they're much less common than sexy cat costumes.
- Cary from Lizard Boy...also wears a sexy baby costume. When told by Trevor that Monsterfest is a day where people dress up in costumes, Cary brings out a costume box with his strange sexy baby costume.
Trevor: Don't you have anything else?Cary: Sure! Sexy priest...sexy construction worker...oh! Sexy ghostface from the Scream movies.Trevor: What's that?Cary: It's just the mask and a black thong.
- The song Sexy from Mean Girls showcases the partygoers wearing increasingly strange sexy costumes
A sexy quint from sexy JawsCatching sexy sharks (uh-huh)Sexy Eleanor RooseveltOr sexy Rosa Parks!(uh-huh)I can be a sexy pirateOr a sexy ballet dancerI can be a sexy doctorAnd cure some sexy cancer!
- In at least the "Hottest Party" line of DanceDanceRevolution, Jun wears a skimpy version of the Japanese folklore goddess dress in the first three games, while in the fourth game (just called "Dance Dance Revolution" in the US) she wears a sexy angel dress.
- Also in the fourth game, Ceja wears a sexy lady Navy uniform.
- The mirrored mini dress in Dance Masters is basically a sexy disco ball dress.
- Parodied twice (so far) in the Kingdom of Loathing:
- On the battlefield of the war between the hippies and the frat orcs, fighting on the side of the hippies may turn up battles against a Naughty Sorority Nurse. She is described as being drafted as a medic for the frat orcs because she showed up in a sexy nurse outfit, and she was only in THAT outfit because everyone already took the outfits for the sexy stewardess, the sexy pirate, the sexy referee, the sexy rollerskater, the sexy plumber, the sexy train conductor...
- In the 2011 Halloween event, the sorority orcs turned their sorority house into a haunted house. While they have been turned into various monsters along the way, each one is described as wearing a sexy costume of a randomly generated, increasingly-esoteric profession. Such as a sexy astronaut, a sexy dentist, a sexy clothier, a sexy patent attorney, a sexy feminist blogger, a sexy chemical engineer, a sexy lexicographer, a sexy rat catcher...
- Also, in the original version of the Halloween trick-or-treating (before it was revamped in 2013) one possible encounter was Susie the arena mistress wearing what she claimed was a very skimpy costume - not that you could tell, since she was still depicted as a stick figure.
- Some of the alt outfits in Dead or Alive 5 include sexy Cat Girl outfits for the women.
- The Halloween costumes released for 2013 are this trope played much straighter. Most of the men get more accurate costumes (along with an admittedly creative 'mummy' costume for Ryu Hayabusa that still masks his face), while all the women get some of the sexiest Sexy Whatever Outfits you can imagine. Interestingly enough, all the costumes have a 'home-made' or 'cheap' look to them; so unlike most other games where alternate costumes can become near-complete, 'natural'-looking reskins, these are quite obviously costumes.
- Done again for Halloween 2014 which, like 2013, really look like costumes. Also once again, the creations were made by fans and after a contest yielding the results of popular vote, implemented for the game to download.
- In Saints Row IV, the "Rainbow Rider" outfit is a Whole Costume Reference to... not quite the costume worn by Rainbow Brite, but a sexy variation actually sold online (with even the skirt being trimmed with white fur instead of white piping).
- Bayonetta 2 and the Wii U version of the first game includes, for Bayonetta, a Link costume sporting high-heeled boots, and a Princess Peach costume with a short skirt. In the second game alone, both Jeanne and Bayonetta get a Sexy Star Fox outfit, with Jeanne dressed like Wolf. Notably, the Link outfit was planned to have Bayonetta wear Link's Undershirt but Nintendo said to remove it as it wasn't sexy enough for Bayonetta.
- In Bust a Groove 2, Kelly trades in her baby suit for a sexy police officer costume.
- Touken Ranbu gives us Sengo Muramasa, whose default outfit is outright Sexy Muramasa the Third.
- It's tradition for Fate/Grand Order to put some of its characters in sexy Halloween outfits for special craft essences. Mash gets the "Dangerous Beast" CE (a Sexy Monster), Irisviel gets the "Halloween Sweet Devil" CE (a Horny Devil), Florence Nightingale gets "Trick or Treatment" (a Sexy Nurse), and Altria Lancer Alter gets the "Royal Icing" CE (Sexy Ice). The artist for these doesn't want anyone left out, though: as a bonus (non-canon) comic, he even included sexy outfits for a couple of the guys as well.
- In Granblue Fantasy, one of the outfits your player character can wear is a costume based on your dragon buddy Vyrn. While Gran's version is a full-on Goofy Suit with a cutout for his face, Djeeta's minidress, paw gloves, and headband version brings it into Sexy Vyrn territory.
- In the Halloween Episode of The Most Popular Girls in School, Brittnay, Mackenzie, Shay, and Cameron are dressed as a Sexy Abraham Lincoln, a Sexy Cat, a Sexy Scientist, and a Sexy Baby respectively.
- Homestar Runner:
- Parodied with the Marzipan costume in the short "Costume Commercial". It's a bikini printed with designs modeled on her ponytail and dress pattern. The announcer decides it's not quite ridiculous enough, so they throw in a devil tail and a hairband with cat ears on it. Neither of which is even the right color for the costume.
Marzipan: This is so offensive... that it's not really offensive anymore. I'll take twelve!
- A few of the fan-made Halloween costume reviews have featured Strong Bad reacting to beautiful women in "sexy" fan costumes, either with disgust (in the case of a woman dressed as "hot Homestar" in 2005's "More Fan Costumes"), amusement (mistaking a woman dressed as The Cheat for "The Cheat's hot mom" in "Fan Costumes '06"), or delight (in the case of a girl dressed like a employee of his fictional pizza joint, The Pizz, in "Fan Costumes '07").
- Parodied with the Marzipan costume in the short "Costume Commercial". It's a bikini printed with designs modeled on her ponytail and dress pattern. The announcer decides it's not quite ridiculous enough, so they throw in a devil tail and a hairband with cat ears on it. Neither of which is even the right color for the costume.
- El Goonish Shive: Zigzagged with Goonmanji 2. A magical board game that transforms its players and puts them in (usually) sexy costumes - seems straightforward, right? Well, then there was the nurse outfit... which was normal scrubs instead of the low-hanging fruit of a sexy nurse outfit.And then Susan tried the police outfit...
- The Volet is a Massive Multiplayer Crossover comic, including Star Wars and Final Fantasy VI. In a few strips, Terra gets stuck in a Chocobo outfit, and when Edgar first hears, he hopes it's a sexy one.
- In Misfile, Ash claims that girls use Halloween as an excuse to dress up as whores using these kind of costume. Emily's rebuttal is that it's the one time of year that women can dress up like that and not actually be accused of being whores, and doesn't think it's a fair accusation anyway. Given that she wore a sexy nurse outfit the previous year and most of the women at the following party wore something similar, though, Ash did kinda have a point.
Emily: Eponine is a mummy. That's basically just a dried up corpse.
Ash: I don't know... that's a pretty sexy mummy.
- Three words: Sexy Abraham Lincoln
- Parodied in the Penny Arcade strip "The Pondiferous" with a "sexy" Tails.
Gabe: I know what it is. I just don't know why.
- Johnny Wander: "Sexy postal worker is original."
- Chainsawsuit extrapolates one step further: When you take something that's already sexual, and make a sexy Halloween costume out of it, the results are merely horrifying.
- In Scandinavia and the World, America dresses up as a sexy salt shaker for a Halloween party.
- A Nightmare Night special for Star Mares has Moontear being forced to wear a Sexy Rainbow Dash costume.
- Discussed in this Dinosaur Comics strip, with Utahraptor mentioning that he's even seen a sexy giant ape suit.
- In Oglaf the "slutty master of disguise" exclusively wears these of whoever he's impersonating, with the result that he's easily spotted.
- Near the end of Queen of Wands, Kestrel is going through her closet in preparation to move from Colorado to Boston, and finds something bizarre yet unseen. She asks her soon-to-be former roommate Shannon if, in all the time they've known each other, she's ever known Kestrel to dress up as an erotic Smurf. Shannon says she hasn't - then says she wondered what happened to that costume, implying she (or possibly her husband Felix) was the one who wore the costume. Kestrel is mentally reaching for the Brain Bleach in the final panel.
- In The Whiteboard Howie's girlfriend tries a "sexy ebola nurse" outfit. When he asks what makes a full-body hazmat suit "sexy", she explains she's not wearing anything underneath.
- I-Mockery's Worst Sexy Halloween Costumes.
- The Onion graphic: "Top Halloween Costumes, Women 18-34". "Sexy Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle" actually exists, by the way.
- Plonqmas: Plonqs gay otter morph friend Giblet dresses in a feminine slutty reindeer costume for a holiday party in A Plonqmas Tale — 2019.
- Parodied here, with costumes such as the "sexy cockroach" or the "sexy fetus".
- Parodied in the Cracked video Slutty Girls in Slutty Costumes and its sequel. A sexy nurse, a sexy cat, sexy mad hatter... But that's okay, because it's Halloween...
- In the 80's Dan review of Halloween III: Season of the Witch, Dan mistook Jillian's Sailor Moon costume for a sexy Donald Duck outfit.
- Jenny Nicholson discusses a few in "The Halloween Costumes Nobody Wanted." (Well, some of them are sexy; some are just... odd. The Purple People Eater one is arguably both!)
- The Nostalgia Chick's Worse Witch review begins with Nella dressed as "sexy Velma", Elisa as a "sexy Starbucks daytime manager" and the Chick as a "sexy 19th century Alpine laborer." She mutters something about a law being passed to mandate these sorts of costumes. The episode also ends with a song by the Nostalgia Critic called "Everyone's a Whore on Halloween", which addresses men acting this way too.
- The Nostalgia Critic:
- In his commentary on his The Cat in the Hat review, he mentions how the character of Evilina's costume was very difficult to create. Since Rachel was meant to be playing a child, they went to a costume shop and asked for the most childish costume they had, but everything in stock was a sexy version of everything. They found a compromise with part of a sexy Raggedy Anne (seriously, WTF?) and an inside-out poodle skirt.
- In his Ghost Dad review, Tamara is dressed in a sexy Dorothy costume. The Critic does, in fact, question why such a thing exists.
- His "Let It Go" parody mentions the existence of Sexy Elsa costumes.
- From CollegeHumor, we get Girls's Costume Wearhouse. They're not all sexy... really!
Sales Guy: Sexy Mental Patient, Sexy 1900 Steel Conglomerate Tycoon, Sexy Sexy... and Frog.
- A 30 Rock online feature has Cerie trying to choose a Halloween costume.
- What the Fuck Is Wrong with You? did an entire This is Hooker-ween special, based around the ten worst commercially available "sexy" costumes they could find. It's since become an annual tradition.note
- Played with in a Thomas Sanders Vine, where his female friend runs through a list of ideas for Halloween costumes and he keeps suggesting sexy versions of those costumes instead... and then we find out that he's the one who wants to wear those costumes.
- The Try Guys' second ever video was one where they all tried on sexy women's Halloween costumes, most of which they found grossly impractical and dumb reflections of what they were supposed to represent. The lone exception was the ladybug, which Keith found weirdly fun and enticing. They've since done a few more, including sexy versions of children's characters, cringe-worthy couples costumes note , and comparisons of the standard version versus sexy version of several costumes.
- All three of Seth MacFarlane's shows have addressed this in some way:
- In a Halloween episode of Family Guy, Meg wears a slutty cat costume. Lois gripes about how Halloween is nothing but this: "I'm a slutty nurse, I'm a slutty pirate, I'm a slutty cancer survivor." Followed by a cut-away of a woman showing up to a Halloween party in a hospital gown, a bandana on her head and fishnets declaring "Who wants to check my boobs for lumps, bitches??" (This scene only appears on the DVD version, however).
- On American Dad!, Francine complains because Stan got her a regular nun costume instead of something sexy. Stan tells her that sexy costumes are too overdone, only to step out wearing a sexy Cowardly Lion outfit with fishnet hose instead of pants. Francine points out that his outfit is sexy, and Stan gleefully replies "Guilty as charged!" Later, after her nun costume rips, Francine considers changing her costume to "Slutty Ruth Bader Ginsburg".
- On The Cleveland Show, Cleveland tries to convince Junior he's too old to dress up for Halloween, but claims that it's okay for Roberta to go out in a ridiculously skimpy red outfit, since Halloween is just an excuse for girls to dress like sluts. When Junior asks her what she's even supposed to be, she says "I dunno, a ghost?" and spends her next few appearances moaning spookily.
- In another episode, Roberta brings home a costume that's too slutty, and Donna is going to return it...until Cleveland says that she'd look good in it, and the two decide to meet in a hotel and use it to roleplay a hooker and her customer.
- Tulio and Linda in Rio wear bird themed outfits to get into Carnival. Linda's outfit was basically a sparkly bikini with bird accessories.
- The "Superbabes" diner in Batman and Harley Quinn features waitresses dressed in sexy versions of superheroine/supervillainess costumes. Harley works there, Hiding in Plain Sight as everyone assumes that she's just a girl in a costume rather than the real Harley Quinn.
- Cosplayers do this a lot as well. Although unlike how the trope is usually used in media, the guys like to do it just as much as the girls. If a character is known for being sexy, even if they weren't intended as such, it's a fair bet that most cosplays of that character will be skimpier than the original. Even if the original outfit was pretty skimpy.
- Walk through an adult Halloween shop and you'll find plenty of classic Disney heroine outfits (including the Disney Princesses) playing up the Fanservice. And it's not just for princesses any more!!!
- There is a sexy (read:skimpy) Big Bird costume.
- A sexy Hello Kitty...
- Sexy Freddy Krueger (here) and Jason Voorhees (here), anyone? Sexy Michael Myers, too (here; amusingly, it lacks the iconic mask).
- Anna Rexia.
- Joan of Arc◊. Sure, a deeply religious teenage soldier, who was executed for dressing like a man. Why not?
- In short, lot of women's Halloween costumes on sale these days are Hotter and Sexier versions of all sorts of strange things; others include Captain Ersatzes of cartoon characters like Rainbow Brite (here), fairy tale characters, and random professions not usually considered sexy (copy center workers, fast food workers). Any stand-up comic or Web site can find the material for a lot of eye-rolling sarcasm with a bit of looking around, especially around Halloween. Poe's Law may apply to attempts to parody the phenomenon, however.
- Comedian Paul F. Tompkins has a routine about the sexy bee costume where he points out that if anyone in the world were actually turned on by bees, this costume wouldn't do anything for him.
- Childrens Hospital parodies this by including "sexy chunk of drywall" among the other standards after a sorority bus flips over on Halloween.
- A Savage Love article argues that Hallowe'en has pretty much evolved into the straight form of a Gay Pride Parade and applauds humanity for it.
- However, one article on MSNBC laments the trend, because when the writer went to buy a Halloween costume for her prepubescent daughter, she literally could not find one that was not marketed as a "sexy" costume and more Stripperiffic than she was comfortable with.
- This trope has also been exploited to the max every February during the New Zealand leg of the Rugby Sevens tournament.
- Some strippers tend to wear Sexy Whatever Outfits on stage.
- In 2018 we were briefly treated to the bewildering sight of a sexy The Handmaid's Tale costume (it was pulled after much outrage).
- A Neural Network created a bunch of costume ideas. Many were sexy costumes, some of which would be quite unusual. Sexy Cot? Sexy Menus? Sexy Ro R A the Rog? Read some here
- Yandy.com, a popular online lingerie retailer, is well known for its Sexy Whatever Halloween costume line. They were also responsible for the Sexy Handmaid costume listed above.
- Rare Male Example: Jockstraps come in two varieties: athletic and sexy. Athletic jocks are made for contact sports, with thick, supportive bands and a pocket in front for adding a protective cup to prevent Groin Attacks, and they usually come in plain white and aren't intended to titillate. Normally only other men would see each other in jocks while changing before and after a game, so they've never really been sexualized by the Female Gaze. Queer men, on the other hand, have come to fully appreciate jocks for obvious reasons, and as a result, underwear companies that cater to queer men have produced entire lines of sexy jockstraps in a wide range of shapes, materials, and colors. These are made only for sexiness — emphasizing the bulge in front while framing the fully-exposed ass — and not athletic functionality.