Daria: Right after I change into my fur bikini. (Tom smiles at this)
(Quinn storms out of the room)
Tom: Hmm, maybe you should make it easy. Give the poor kids a break.
Daria: I lied about the fur bikini.
It's an uncommon, but highly pleasing costume. And unless it's heavily adorned, it's a bit more usable than a typical Impractically Fancy Outfit — at least for running around in warm conditions.
If the bikini is actually used for swimming, the way water acts on fur will be ignored or the fur will somehow be waterproof — though let's face it, a woman wearing one of these is trying to show off her body, not her high dive.
There's a notable variant with the more risqué works involving Petting Zoo People (or, even more scandalous, Little Bit Beastly people) — where their actual fur or hair grows in exactly this kind of shape to cover their naughty bits while exposing as much of everything else as possible.
Sometimes the wearer also has a Feather Boa Constrictor.
- Urusei Yatsura: Lum's Iconic Outfit, a tiger-striped bikini. It (and just about every tiger-striped outfit with a source in Japan) based from an old myth about Oni wearing tiger skins.
- In Haré+Guu, which takes place in the Jungle, Weda and several other female characters wear Fur Bikinis with leopard-style prints.
- Higurashi: When They Cry: Mion wore one in the first OVA, the one that aired a while before Kai.
- In Samurai Pizza Cats, Polly and Lucille wore fur bikinis as the singing duo The Pointless Sisters.
- A feather one paired with a feather Showgirl Skirt is worn by a lady in a carnival style celebration in Science Ninja Team Gatchaman.
- Capri from Animal Land wears this even when she as a child.
- When Giselle of Mystic is trapped in an exotic jungle pocket dimension, she transforms her outfit to a purple fur bikini, despite being low on magic.
- Tara and Shakira from The Warlord. Although Tara later adopts other outfits, Shakira wears the same fur bikini for the entirety of the run.
- Shanna the She-Devil, a character from the Marvel Universe, wears one in all her incarnations, even in the X-Men series from the 1990s. It is almost as modest as Jean Grey's outfit.
- Squirrel Girl wears one on the cover of "Deadpool/GLI — Summer Fun Spectacular". However, it should be noted that the fur in question is fake.
- Later, in The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, she wears a fur bikini (whether real or not isn't stated) at the climax of the Savage Land arc, in accordance with the fanservice tradition that any superheroine who visits the Savage Land will end up in a Stripperiffic Jungle Girl variant of her usual costume.
- Zawadi from the 1950s Monster Hunters team in the Marvel Universe.
- Archie Comics features a healthy supply in the "Archie 1" comics, set in prehistoric times.
- Empowered: Emp as Schrodinger's Cat Girl (in an Imagine Spot).
- Sheena, Queen of the Jungle: Sheena is one of the Trope Codifiers, if not the actually Trope Maker.
- In Domino Lady's Jungle Adventure, Ellen's evening gown is ruined in a plane crash and subsequent trek through the jungle, so she skins a leopard that had tried to kill her a creates a fur bikini from its pelt.
- Modesty Blaise wears one in the "Eve and Adam" storyline◊.
- Modesty spends most of "Guido the Jinx" in a fur bikini after being talked into being the stunt double for an actress in a caveman movie. Naturally things go wrong, and Modesty ends up battling the villains of the piece in the fur bikini because she never gets a chance to change out of it.
- Worn by the sole female member of the Pizza Warriors in The Keys Stand Alone: The Soft World.
- One of the most famous is Raquel Welch's Nubile Savage outfit in One Million Years B.C., even though it's more hides than fur. As a side note, the ads for the film even said "Raquel Welch wears MANKIND'S FIRST BIKINI!" Recreated◊ by Heather Graham.
- One of Jane Fonda's outfits in Barbarella.
- One of the drawing points of When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth was former playmate Victoria Vetri wearing one of these — the other being dinosaurs.
- The Ringo Starr comedy Caveman had future wife Barbara Bach in one — "good girl" character Shelley Long was more conservatively dressed.
- Publicity shots for the film Love Happy shows Marilyn Monroe in an ermine bikini: Full View◊, Closeup 1◊, Closeup 2◊. This wasn't in the actual film, but publicity-exclusive outfits were actually pretty common for films.
- In WarCraft, Garona starts the film wearing only a fur bra and loincloth, but she's given a more practical (and covering) outfit once she joins Stormwind. Female orcs in general wear only wide fur bands to cover their breasts, but the lower halves of their bodies are covered as much as males' are — and male orcs don't wear shirts anyway, making women actually more covered.
- Barb wore one during a Dream Sequence in Snow Dogs.
- The Sky People by S.M Stirling. Teesa of the Cloud Mountain People, much to the appreciation of Earth explorers on Venus.
- In Warrior Wolf Women of the Wasteland, all the women are turning into wolves (for complicated reasons), and their fur tends to develop irregularly. One of them, November, thus has a fur bikini completely incidentally, although she seems to be unique among the named characters in this regard.
- Veronica Layton in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World, although hers is more leather than fur.
- Following the events of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "Beer Bad", in which Buffy is transformed into a kind of cavewoman, Xander laments that she never wore one.
- Loki's dancers in "Loki's Rhapsody" in Jul I Valhal have these.
- Doctor Who: Nanina wears one in "The Savages".
- Brooke Adams naturally wore one when she dressed up as 'Jane of the Jungle' for Halloween.
- Stacy Carter had a couple of ring outfits like this, presumably both for Fanservice and the Animal Motifs (her ring name was The Kat). Her costume on the WWF Smackdown 2: Know Your Role game was one of these in leopard print.
- Terri Poch as 'Tori' in the WWF favoured a lot of outfits that had bra tops in animal print. She usually wore long pants though.
- Actress Terry Moore wore an ermine one-piece suit to a USO show in Korea. She was almost removed from the show, before the soldiers shouted that she should stay.
- Felicia from Darkstalkers is born with one.
- One of the endings of Princess Maker 3 has her in a white fur bikini, as seen in the pic.
- Ayla from Chrono Trigger. Hardly a surprise, as she's essentially a blonde answer to Raquel Welch. Notably, whatever she skinned for the thing had a tail, and she just left it on.
- The Pixies in Monster Rancher probably have the Petting Zoo People variant.
- The tiger bikini in Secret of Mana.
- Monica's optional Panther Bikini in Dark Cloud 2. If you walk her into a corner, the camera looks down her cleavage.
- At least one of the costume sets in The Idolmaster.
- Resident Evil Sheva gets one of these as an Alternate Costume
- The new Golden Axe has Tyris Flare dressed this way.
- The female Selkies in Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.
- The Berserker dressphere in Final Fantasy X-2 is like this for Rikku only. Yuna and Paine wear long tights but Rikku's is a proper Fur Bikini.
- An unlockable outfit for Dino Crisis is a leopard-skin one-piece.
- The Elder Scrolls
- In Oblivion, the "Huntsman's Vest" clothing item appears exactly as it sounds, at least on men. On women, it becomes this trope instead.
- The most minimal variant of fur armor consists only of a skirt made out of hides. On men, this results in a Walking Shirtless Scene. On women, a strapless bra made out of fur is added.
- Forsworn armor, worn by the "Forsworn" Reachmen (aggressive tribal natives of "the Reach" area in western Skyrim) is this crossed with Pelts of the Barbarian for both men and women.
- Aya's feather-trimmed bikini top in Onechanbara.
- Rock Band, Dora Sullivan.
- Dead or Alive 5 has a special pre-order content which grants the girls fur bunny bikinis, which come in either white or black depending on the character. It becomes free in the Updated Re-release in both colors.
- Girl Genius:
- (Barely) worn by a side-plot villain, the Weasel Queen.
- Suggested as appropriate attire for Zeetha, the warrior woman from a lost tribe (to her shock).
- Ménage à 3: Zii is obliged to wear what's basically a fur-trimmed bikini (plus Animal-Eared Headband) by Cosplay designer Jung, and discovers some specific advantages.
- Worn by Gertrude & Brunhilda in The KAMics.
- In El Goonish Shive, Ellen and Nanase wear them in two different fantasy panels.
- Occasionally a character will be reduced to one of these in an old Looney Tunes or Tex Avery cartoon.
- Daffy Duck gets one made of feathers in Along Came Daffy.
- Happens to Jerry in the Tom and Jerry short Of Feline Bondage.
- As does Kitty Katswell in episode "Hot Dog" of Tuff Puppy.
- Diana from the animated Dungeons & Dragons was stuck with this outfit.
- Daria's title character once sarcastically claimed she would put one on (which made Tom suddenly perk up). Jane also wears one in one of her alter egos.
- Cousin Mel from Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer dances in a Disney Acid Sequence wearing one of these.
- When asked to provide something "fierce" for Aisha and Bloom to wear to a conference between the royalty of the planets of the Magical Dimension in a Season 5 episode of Winx Club, Stella conjures up a couple of these. She's more than a little disappointed when these outfits get vetoed by the other two.
- On The Simpsons, one clip of the Fanservice-filled intro to the Eye on Springfield show features a girl in a bear-skin bikini posing in front of the statue of the city's pioneer founder Jebediah Springfield.
- Lois Griffin on Family Guy, wore one when she starred in the porno film Quest For Fur.
- The Legend of Tarzan has Queen La sporting one with a Badass Cape, since she rules over an army of leopard men. This is actually more modest than the original novels, where she was fully nude.