Two people have sex under a running shower. Since shower windows have a tendency to get steamed up, this allows for literal Censor Steam. Sex against the wall is a possibility, but there is the likelihood of injury from slip and fall (which hardly happens in fiction, unless one was to write a romantic comedy that puts a realistic—and painful—spin on this trope).
Often an example of Idealized Sex.
See also Shower of Angst (when a character showers to wash away shame, misery, and/or embarrassment), Shower of Awkward (when Hilarity Ensues — or Unresolved Sexual Tension rises—when one character walks in on another showering and freaks out over it, or someone flushes the toilet), and Shower Scene (Exactly What It Says on the Tin). Compare Two-Person Pool Party.
- This is the point of every advert ever created for Herbal Essences shampoo. Most shampoo commercials knowingly hint at it, but these ones feature lashings of Double Entendre and scenes of women in the throes of very Immodest "Organic" experiences. And cameos by Dr. Ruth.
- This ad for Head and Shoulders shampoo features an attractive young couple sharing a shower taking turns washing each other's hair. The viewers are left with the impression that keeping your hair clean and dandruff will improve your sex life (which it probably will, actually).
- When you apply Axe's Sex for Product marketing scheme to their line of body wash, you get this.
- Ayakashi Triangle: When the Gogyosen are controlling boy Matsuri to seduce Suzu, she asks if they can shower together. She gets rejected simply because the ones in control cannot handle someone else being the aggressor.
- XXXenophile story "The Spirit is Willing" (sex with the ghost of a woman that died in a shower).
- In the Jay and Silent Bob comic book mini-series, Jay tries to have sex with Tricia in the shower but she kicks him out.
- This was actually implied in a Spider-Man comic. A caption that divided a scene with Peter and Mary Jane and a scene with Peter at ESU read "One breakfast of corn fritters and a shared shower later..." (This happened during Todd McFarlene's run as the artist, where the title tended to portray the couple as a little risque.)
- Topper was a comic about a horny ghost that ran in the Australian edition of Penthouse. In one strip, he spied on two women in the shower of the change room at a tennis club, and gradually manipulated them into having sex.
- Alluded to at the end of the Berserk fanfic "Home Fires" where Guts and Casca reaffirm their love under a waterfall. Symbolic since in canon, Guts realized the extent of Casca's post-Eclipse trauma while they were under a waterfall.
- Happens a number of times to Beast Boy and Raven in At Odds by writerzero - they share rather limited living space with a child BB rescued, so the bed is usually out of question.
- RWBY: Reckoning has a small bonus scene where Darrel and Yang shower together after Darrel's session in the gym. It's not canon, though: the author refuses to dabble in underage sex.
- In Superman story Superman of 2499: The Great Confrontation, Alan and Katherine discover showers are kinky:
Kath: We have, haven’t we? Even if we have to fake the seawater thing every now and then.
Alan: Wouldn’t do to let the bad guys know we can take baths in it. Or that, sometimes, we shower in it.
Kath: (giggling) Wouldn’t the peejays have a field day with that! Maybe we could convince them that seawater showers are kinky.
Alan: The Atlanteans have known that for centuries.
- Asuka tried to do this with Shinji in chapter 14 of Evangelion 303 but it ended up getting subverted since they both felt too awkward due to the past few months of Asuka's Survivor's Guilt driven anger. It's especially depressing since they had gotten engaged less than a day ago and things still haven't gone back to how they used to be between them (that doesn't happen until after they get out of the shower).
- Subverted in chapter 7 of Advice and Trust. Shinji and Asuka were about to have sex in the shower when their guardian Kaji walked in on them.
- A Crown of Stars: Shortly after getting together, Shinji and Asuka took a shower together. They intended to wash each other backs' as a way of testing the boundaries of their new relationship, but one thing led to another, and they ended humping each other right away.
- HERZ: Subverted in chapter 4. Shinji thought that Asuka was waiting for him in the shower stalls of the men’s locker room, so he made his way to one of them, expecting to have sex in the shower with his wife. When he saw it was Kurumi, he screamed in terror and ran off.
- In Supergirl fanfic Hellsister Trilogy, Kara guarantees a hot shower is everything she needs to talk her boyfriend into something. She's right.
Afterward, lying beside him, she stroked his hair and said, "You're coming back with me."
"Bet you I can convince you."
"I shudder to ask how, Kara. So... how, Kara?"
She leaned closer and whispered in his ear, "The showers in these rooms are marvelous, Dev. Really, they are." She kissed his ear.
By the time they used the heattowels to get the last of the water off, she looked at him and said, "Well?"
He sighed. "All right, Kara. One week."
- Thousand Shinji: In a scene, Asuka mentions that Shinji and she had sex in the shower several times.
- The Law & Order: UK fanfic "Deck The Halls" has Matt Devlin and Alesha Philips consummating their relationship with one of these, though they do end up in the bedroom eventually.
- In Chapter 2 The Black Emperor, Lelouch jokingly accuses Kallen of wanting to have one of these with him. She responds by slapping him.
- In the Star Trek: Voyager Slash Fic Good Vibrations, Chief Engineer Torres modifies her sonic shower into a full-body vibrator and has Seven of Nine join her. Warning: NSFW.
- X-Men: The Early Years provides several examples:
- In "Boy Scouts, Sex, and Other Mysterious Things", Scott has a dream where he and Jean make love under a shower.
She had him pinned against the wall of the shower stall. He looked down in to her glittering, passion-filled eyes. The shower spray and her hands were all over him. Suddenly, she wrapped her legs around his waist. He ran his hands through her wild red hair, then leaned forward to kiss her.
- In the final chapter Scott asks Jean how she feels about hot, steamy showers. Jean is open to the idea.
- In "Boy Scouts, Sex, and Other Mysterious Things", Scott has a dream where he and Jean make love under a shower.
- Ghosts of the Past: When Harry is viewing glimpses of versions of himself from across The Multiverse, all of them subconsciously chosen for their relevance. Unfortunately, the libido is part of the subconscious, as Harry discovers when one of them features an older version of him apparently about to get started on this trope with Carol. Mortified, Harry quickly switches to a different universe.
- Discussed between Grouchy and his love doll Angel when Angel comes to life as a real person in the Empath: The Luckiest Smurf story "Grouchy And The Love Doll", during the scene where Angel wants to make love to Grouchy in public. Grouchy says that there are some things that can only be enjoyed in private like taking a bath or a shower, and Angel says that she would like to have a bath or shower with Grouchy.
- In Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Bathe, Kim and Ron engage in one, only for the mood to be killed and their skin getting burned when Bonnie flushed the toilet.
- In the Batwoman fic Well-Matched, cadets Kate Kane and Sophie Moore have sex in a locker room shower after facing each other in a boxing match.
- In the Persona 5 AU fic, Strange New World, Ren and Makoto have an intimate shower together while they and the rest of the Phantom Thieves are going undercover inside Shido's ship.
- In the Equestria Girls fic Potty Panic Pinkie, while experiencing a Potty Emergency, Pinkie goes to Rainbow's house in order to use her bathroom, only to discover that Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are in the middle of one of these.
- Zoe and Wash do this in Firefly Comfort. She’s depressed over a job going bad and failure to get paid and Mal being grumpy. Wash steps in to comfort her and they end up making love as the water gets cold.
- Chaos Effect: The night before the Battle City finals start, Edwin and Mai do this in their room aboard Kaiba's blimp, after he's told her about how her canonical self ended up serving Dartz following Battle City and that he's managed to stop that from happening.
- The Flash Sentry Chronicles: At the beginning of Jakhowls Rising, Flash Sentry and Twilight Sparkle have one, under the claim that they were conserving water. Unfortunately, it ended with them both screaming in pain when Springer decided to purposely flush the toilet while leaving the bathroom.
- Vow of Nudity: Ayrwyn and Haara have one during a flashback to their slave years in the Genasi Empire.
- A View to a Kill. With Bond and Stacy at the end.
- Subverted in Casino Royale (2006). The fight between Bond and Obanno left Vesper shocked. Bond finds her still clothed and curled up in their room's shower, with the water turned on. Bond sits next to her, kisses the "blood" off her hands and comforts her.
- Skyfall. Between Bond and Séverine, while on a boat on the way to Silva's lair.
- An American Werewolf in London's shower scene is one of the best examples of this trope.
- In Apollo 13, this is where Jack Swigert is when he gets the call telling him he's become part of the flight's main crew.
- Subverted in the movie White Sands (1992). Lane Bodine (Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio) offers herself to (married) protagonist Sheriff Ray Dolezal (Willem Dafoe) while he's in the shower. The next scene has an FBI agent listening with amusement to the sounds of passionate sex over his hidden microphones... until Dolezal kicks down his door, whereupon we see Bodine faking the sounds as a distraction.
- Averted in Life as a House. At one point, Jena Malone steps into the shower with Hayden Christensen (apparently with no intention of sex). He makes a pass at her, and they eventually start kissing. He then prematurely ejaculates, and she amusedly tells him that he'll be cleaning the shower.
- In Creator, Boris coaxes Barbara into joining him in the shower when he tells her she didn't get all the sand off in her first shower. She comments that the idea of two people soaping each other in the shower is 'middle-class', but that doesn't stop her from making out with Vincent.
- St. Elmo's Fire has Andrew McCarthy and Ally Sheedy breaking the shower screen.
- The Specialist features such a scene between May (Sharon Stone) and Ray (Sylvester Stallone). However, it's a giant open shower; for all intents and purposes, they do it on the bathroom floor.
- A Kiss Before Dying has one with Sean Young and Matt Dillon.
- Common in pornographic movies.
- Subverted in the '70s horror comedy Arnold, where a corpse's gold-digging wife (don't ask) hops into a shower with her lover... only to have the walls close in, crushing them to death.
- Fingernails: Anna and Ryan, who are supposed to have a steady relationship, shower together frequently. She advises a young couple to do it as well to increase intimacy.
- Happened in Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter where the "innocent girl" lost her virginity right before she and her lover encountered Jason.
- Parodied (with bare boobies) in the "Catholic High School Girls in Trouble" segment of The Kentucky Fried Movie. With each thrust, the woman's (Uschi Digard) breasts are briefly pressed against the shower stall glass.
- Heartbreakingly rendered in Snow Falling on Cedars, when the young new widow, in the middle of a courtroom scene to determine the guilt of her husband's accused killer, flashes back to one of the last times she saw her husband alive: having sex in the shower with him.
- Ana and her briefly-seen husband do this in the Dawn of the Dead (2004) remake, conveniently missing out on a news bulletin signifying the start of the Zombie Apocalypse. Below the neck you just see outlines.
- In Day Watch, the protagonist chooses this way to reveal his feelings to his Love Interest (no sex, though, just heavy snogging). Bonus points for him residing in a woman's body at that moment. Hell, yeah! And then they end up in a tropical lagoon. Because that's what happens when you surprise an archmage in the shower.
- Right after the infamous line in Shark Attack 3: Megalodon, the main character invites a woman over for one of these.
- In Unknown (2011), Martin has several flashbacks of him and Liz having sex in a shower.
- In A Walk on the Moon, Dianne Lane and Viggo Mortensen's characters get it on under a Waterfall Shower.
- In Pitch Perfect, when Beca goes to take a shower in the girl's locker room, two pairs of feet, belonging to a man and a woman, can be seen in a shower stall.
- In Iron Man 3, Pepper Potts lures Tony Stark out of his workshop by announcing, "I'm going to take a shower. (Beat) You're gonna join me."
- In the Molly Ringwald comedy For Keeps, her character showers with the boyfriend she married when they both move into an apartment together.
- In the remake of The Getaway, the [McCoys] make their reconciliation official—she slept with an influential mobster in order to get him out of jail by having one of these that eventually moves to its proper location — a bed.
- The main character of Silver Linings Playbook walks in on his wife having one of these with her lover.
- Subverted in The Skulls, when the protagonist and his female friend turn on the shower to mask their conversation (his dorm room is bugged). During the course of their argument, they finally admit how they feel about each other and sure enough...
- It's beginning to crop up in Nicholas Sparks movies almost as much as Caught in the Rain. The Lucky One and The Longest Ride both featured scenes of this.
- Alien: Covenant. After the crew of Covenant escapes back to their spaceship, two of them have Glad-to-Be-Alive Sex in a shower. This becomes Fan Disservice when a Xenomorph decides to reenact the shower scene from Psycho.
- In Parker, Parker and Clair share an intimate moment in the shower during a flashback while Parker is bleeding to death.
- Victor and Elanor have sex in the shower in Night School (1981).
- Cockswell Academy student Steve Hardman attempts this and fails with Mona Lott the foreign language teacher in Loose Screws when he visits her house for a French lesson. As he misinterpreted her speaking in French, saying to the effect of "I'm in the shower, I'll be out in a minute", he takes it as "I'm in the shower, won't you come join me?" and proceeds to strip down and enter into the shower, scaring her and causing her to chase him off, throwing his underwear at him when he gets to the door.
- In When Evil Calls, Kirsty and Molly start to get it on in the shower. However, Kirsty's wish kicks in and makes her kill Molly and then herself.
- Room in Rome: Alba and Natasha have sex in the shower toward the end of the film.
- Starkweather: After murdering August Meyer and getting their car out of the mud, Charlie and Caril Ann share a romantic shower.
- Shanghai Grand has such a scene between the protagonist and his girlfriend. Unfortunately, the film also contains a Love Triangle where the hero's best friend (and The Lancer) is involved, and said lancer happens to walk in the shower at the moment.
- In The Silence of Adultery, Paul attempts this with Rachel in the morning, but she doesn't have time because she has to get to a meeting.
- In Evil Breed: The Legend of Samhain, Barbara grabs Steve and drags him into the shower where they have sex.
- In .45, Kat is shown having sex in the shower with both Vic and Jose (separately) as part of her manipulations.
- Boot Camp: After escaping from Camp Serenity and making it to the luxury hotel Ben had pre-booked as part of his Great Escape plan, Sophie and Ben share a romantic shower.
- (500) Days of Summer: Tom and Summer attempt to have sex in their shower after seeing it be done in a porno. Hilarity Ensues, and it ends up failing.
- The Guest House: Rachel and Amy have sex in the shower, as the camera focuses on Rachel's naked backside.
- Angel, Angel, Down We Go: Tara's earliest memory is of walking into the bathroom and catching her father in the shower with another man.
- Fifty Shades of Grey sequel, Darker: Right after Anastasia accepts Christian's earlier proposal, they make out in the shower and continue in the red room.
- The Wackness: Luke and Stephanie have sex in an outdoor shower on their trip.
- Freshman Year: CJ and Marcella had sex offscreen while in the shower. He can't remember it at first due to being drunk at the time.
- In The Bride With White Hair, Yi-Hang and Ni-Shang have sex during a Waterfall Shower.
- The Rental: Mina and Charlie have sex in the shower, which unbeknownst to them is filmed by a hidden camera.
- Cut to the Chase: Nola goes into the shower naked after Max, and they begin to kiss there before moving into the bedroom.
- In Clegg, Suzy the Slag slips Lord Cruikshank a mickey, then lures him into the shower with her. She then strangles him and finishes the job by drowning him in the bath.
- In Moving Violation, Eddie and Cam shower together while she cleans the gunshot wound in his arm. Then they have sex.
- In Deep in the Valley, Lester and Carl unintentionally interrupt Bambi and Daphne before they can take one in the sorority house. Later, when they are trying to escape the girls locker room, they stumble across two women getting it on in the shower. And when they are trying to find a way out of Diamond Jim's mansion, one of the doors they open reveals the same two women in the shower.
- In Fresh Meat, Rina Crane is a teenage student experimenting sexually with her fellow female students in the shower before being picked up from school by her father Hemi.
- Antichrist: She and He are obliviously having quite explicit sex in the shower during the film's opening scene, even as their unsupervised young son accidentally falls to his death.
- Theresa & Allison: Theresa is shown making out and having sex with one woman in the shower during a flashback.
- Perfect Addiction: While bathing, Sienna fantasizes about an intimate shower along with her ex Jax, and then Kayden as well. Later she really has sex with Kayden in the shower.
- In Creepozoids, post-apocalyptic army deserters Jake and Blanca take the time to make out in the shower upon taking refuge in an abandoned laboratory, though given the presence of acid rain, you'd think they'd be a bit more inclined to do whatever they can to conserve all available fresh water.
- Better Than Chocolate: Maggie and Kim make out in the shower while washing themselves off after the naked painting they did.
- In Eric van Lustbader' novel The Ninja, a lesbian call girl has sex with a female client in the bathtub, climaxing with an air pistol being used as a literal Phallic Weapon.
- In the multiple-parallel-timeline Star Trek: The Next Generation novel Q-Squared, it's implied that Picard and Crusher do this:
[Crusher] took a deep breath as if a weight had been lifted from her. "Okay, so... would you like to shower?"
"You can go first."
She smiled. "Who said anything about going one at a time?"
- The Takers by Jerry Ahern. The hero and his old flame end up in the shower and the following suggestive dialogue occurs.
"What's this? Oh my god, it's growing!"
"The water does that - hydroponics."
"More like hydropenis."
- In the German novel Giganten ("Giants") the main characters have sex in the shower, but a magically animated animatronic T-Rex spoils the fun.
- The Executioner. A teenage girl being used as a Human Shield gets Covered in Gunge after Mack Bolan decides to Shoot the Hostage Taker. He takes her back to his War Wagon and tries to clean the blood off, an experience she finds quite erotic despite the circumstances, and they end up having Glad-to-Be-Alive Sex.
- In Dragon Factory Joe and Grace start in the shower and then proceed to demolish his room with their vigorous lovemaking. This happens just before they go on a dangerous mission.
- Peta Lyre's Rating Normal: After beer is spilled in Peta's hair at a dance, she and Sam take a shower together, where they kiss.
- Girls Don't Hit: Joss and Echo first have sex in the shower.
- Stim: During Chloe's manic episode in Kaleidoscope, she has sex with a man she barely knows in a public shower. After she gets back on her meds, she confesses to Robert, resulting in a temporary rift in their relationship.
- In Love Over Gold, Diane and Katrien regularly shower together.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: In the second season episode "Melinda", in a Flashback, May and Andrew have one of these back when they were Happily Married.
- Subverted in the premier of Alias, where Sydney lures her fiance into the shower with the implication she wants to have sex, when she really wants to use the noise the shower makes to hide that she's telling him about her real job as a spy.
- Mentioned in the All in the Family episode "The Very Moving Day", when Gloria finds out that she's pregnant, and she and Mike blame each other for the time they had sex without protection:
Gloria: Well, there was a cold shower in the house, you know!
Mike: I know, I took one, it didn't help!
Gloria: BECAUSE YOU TOOK IT WITH ME!
- Altered Carbon opens with one as Takeshi Kovacs and his Action Girlfriend clean a copious amount of blood off themselves in a hotel shower, and then proceed to have sex in the same shower.
- Arrow: In the episode "100", it's made very clear that Oliver and Laurel had one of these in the Dominator-Dream World.
- The Barrier: The affair between Enrique and Alma is established via showing the pair having a very intimate shower.
- The Big Bang Theory: Leonard and Priya have sex in the shower in "The Agreement Dissection".
- Subverted twice with Liz Keen and her husband in The Blacklist. The first time, we learn that they're being watched by two guys who have bugged their houses. The second time, Tom's hands are still bloody from having murdered two people.
- The Bisexual: Leila and Jon-Criss fool around in the shower together on the morning after they'd first had sex, while Gabe listens incredulously outside (since he thought Leila was a lesbian until then).
- In the pilot of Bless This Mess, Mike and Rio try to have one in their new home, only to be interrupted by Rudy needing to use the toilet.
- Broad City:
- In "Fattest Asses," two hot-but-douchey DJs both get Abbi and Ilana to take one, without mentioning that they'll all be using the same bathroom because the DJs want a foursome.
- In "Burning Bridges," Abbi takes one with Trey.
- Heavily implied with Castle and Beckett, who also like to dance and sing together in the shower.
- Charmed: "Pre-Witched" opens with the newly-married Piper and Leo trying to take a shower together only for Phoebe to walk into the bathroom to get something. The lack of privacy almost leads the newlyweds to move out of the Manor before Prue offers to switch bedrooms so they can have more space.
- In one early episode of Chuck, Chuck and Sarah are doused with a poison absorbed through the skin, so they jump into a shower half-clothed to counteract the effects. This being pre-Charah, Chuck is subjected to Marshmallow Hell when Sarah is washing his hair, and afterwards is obviously overcome with feelings when Sarah has turned around to wash herself.
- Discussed in Criminal Minds, when Garcia's talking to JJ about showering with Kevin. They both note that typically seems like a good idea right up until you actually do it: "Sometimes a girl's just got to wash her hair alone, you know?"
- In the Crusade episode "The Rules of the Game", the Romance Arc between Gideon and Babylon 5 CO Elizabeth Lochley culminates in them having sex in her shower after surviving an assassination attempt.
- CSI: Cyber: Brody and Raven get it on in the shower at the end of "Why-Fi".
- Kevin and Toby have at least one steamy shower sex scene on Dante's Cove. Memorable in part because it was used in the opening credits of season three.
- Briefly discussed in Cuckoo after Ken tell Cuckoo not to walk around naked. It's fine to be naked while having a shower, having sex with his daughter and having sex with his daughter while in the shower apparently.
- Dark Desire: Alma and Leonardo are shown once trying to have sex in the shower. However, it's realistically awkward and the pair break it off (also a sign of their fading sex life).
- Despite being set in the 19th century, the titular Dr Quinn and Sully manage to have one of these outdoors — under a Waterfall Shower.
- At the end of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air episode "The Aunt Who Came To Dinner", after reconciling, Will's estranged aunt and uncle made up by having him join her in the shower stall. This was unfortunate for Will, as he was trapped in the bathroom with them.
- In Girls, Hilarity Ensues when Tad and Maureen Horvath attempt this. In keeping with the running gag in the series that sex is almost always awkward and ridiculous, they first have fun, but then the glass wall breaks and Tad falls out fully out of the shower and flat on his back, injuring himself enough that he cannot get back up, and Maureen has to get Hannah (their daughter's) help to help him, horrifying all three of them.
- Grey's Anatomy: Lexie briefly walks in on Callie and Arizona having sex in the shower.
- After a rough patch in their marriage, Derek and Meredith reconcile with a long session of shower sex.
- In an early second season episode of In Plain Sight, Mary goes to her boyfriend's house and finds him in the shower. After they talk, he asks her for a towel. She opens all the cabinets and finds nothing but a washcloth. The next scene is the washcloth hanging on the door handle and her stepping into the shower. He'd replaced a suitcase full of drugs with the towels to foil the FBI, and no one had been able to explain the towels.
- In an episode of Monday Mornings, two doctors celebrate having saved a patient's life with one of these.
- Obliterated. During a post-mission party, Chad sneaks up on his fellow soldier Trunk while he's in the shower, intent on playing a practical joke, only to find he's getting a blowjob...from another man. Trunk and Chad both freak out, as the latter didn't know about Trunk's homosexual inclinations.
- The Outer Limits (1995): In "Lithia", Miranda and Pelé take a shower together, in which they're having sex or about to when Major Mercer interrupts them.
- Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams: In "Autofac" between Emily and Avishai, where Emily is "testing" Avishai's hot water heater as a pretense, then pulls him in fully clothed before getting it on.
- Shower Scenes in general are fairly common in prison dramas like Oz, but a particularly notable Shower Of Love subversion occurs in season three: homosexual Richie Hanlon has just come off death row and returned to the general population. First night back, he's in the shower when another man starts coming onto him. Both Richie and the audience are expecting some celebratory "off-death-row" loving, until the other man slits Richie's throat with a razor blade he had hidden between his teeth.
- The short-lived British sitcom The Savages had the main characters doing this, then wondering why it had been so long since they tried it. They remember it was because they could never agree on the water temperature.
- Reacher has the title character asking the cop helping him to watch if anyone breaks in as he showers. Instead she joins him in the shower, making him comment 'who's watching the door?' during their lovemaking.
- During the season 2 premiere, Archie is in the shower washing off the blood all over his body which he got from taking his wounded father to the hospital. Veronica walks into the bathroom, strips off her clothes and joins him in the shower because "he needed company".
- In "The Homecoming", Archie and Betty have sex in the shower when they got sweaty from cleaning up Archie's house after it was taken over by the Ghoulies, kickstarting their Relationship Upgrade.
- Billie tries getting Cooper to have sex with her in the shower, but he rejects it. Later, he invites her in when their marriage has grown better, and she goes happily.
- In Season 2 Billie at least has foreplay with Majid while they're showering.
- Star Trek: Enterprise. While suffering from Trelium-D withdrawal, T'pol has a hallucination of herself and Trip Tucker making out in the shower, that quickly turns into Nightmare Fuel.
- You Me Her: Jack and Emma first start to get it on while in the shower before they move outside in "Check A Box".
- Alluded to in R&B group 112's song "Anywhere"
- In the video for Toni Braxton's "Unbreak My Heart", as Toni's character takes a Shower of Angst she remembers a Shower Of Love taken with her Tall, Dark, and Handsome boyfriend... shortly before his death.
- The song "Do It in the Shower" by R&B band Sting. No, not Sting from The Police.
- "Showerhead" by Eve 6 has the singer berating his lover for having sex with someone else whilst in the shower.
- Parodied and averted by Ninja Sex Party with "Eating Food in the Shower"; Danny Sexbang tells his lover that they need morning sex and breakfast, but don't have time for both, so to save time they can do one of the options while they shower. It turns out not to be the sex.
- Dawn Marie and Matt Hardy defeated Torrie Wilson and Rikishi on the October 17, 2002 WWE SmackDown. After the match, Torrie went looking for her father and found him, fully clothed, in a shower with Dawn, who was naked and her butt was briefly shown on camera. Torrie was shocked and ran and, when the camera cut back, Dawn was standing behind Al.
- In Daughter for Dessert, the protagonist and Amanda make love in the shower a couple of times.
- The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 adds Woohoo interaction for showers.
- In Mass Effect 3, a female Shepard can offer Samantha Traynor the use of her shower (the only decently functioning shower on the ship)... and join her in it. Shepard's comment afterward: "Are you using me for my shower?"
Shepard: I'm only going to say this once, Traynor. [close-up] My shower is for winners.Traynor: Oh, that's cold. All right. She's going down.Shepard: (after Traynor wins) Nice job, Specialist. Now hit the showers.
- Given a reference in Citadel, when Traynor prepares to face off with her space chess arch-enemy:
- One can take place between Aoba and his Victorious Childhood Friend Koujaku in the DRAMAtical Murder sequel Re: Connect.
- Subverted in Melody. Although the protagonist and title character shower and bathe together a few times (on the latter's romantic path), they never go all the way in the shower.
- In True Love Junai Monogatari, Chiemi Fujimoto's good ending has the Player Character and her taking one of these.
- Summertime Saga: If MC's relationship status with them has progressed enough, he can have sex with either Jenny or Debbie in his house's shower on different days of the week.
- Oddly given its general cheerfully explicit approach to sex and plentiful strips featuring the cast showering, Ménage à 3 mostly seems to avert this. Notably, Gary's shower with Amber is interrupted just as it's getting really interesting (strips #662-666, October 23-November 01, 2012, NSFW).
- In The Wretched Ones it is implied that John often attempts this whenever Charlie is showering.
- Sunstone has this happen. Since it happens right after the protagonists' first BDSM session, it can be assumed that they're both rather exhausted and it's more of an extended watery cuddle than an all-out-romp.
- Sidekick Girl: Val and Isauro seal their Relationship Upgrade with one of these.
- The Rock Cocks: Liz and Dakota have a chapter-long one in Track 16.
- Manga Soprano: A pregnant Ram catches her husband Yoshikazu showering with another woman named Misa despite supposedly having a cold. Turns out he faked it and took advantage of Ram being away at the hospital to cheat on her. Angered, she takes photos as evidence of the affair and then locks the lovebirds inside the shower by nailing down several tables to the door.
- Manga-Waido: In "When I got home, my wife was taking a bath with a man I didn't know!" Shinichi called his cheating wife Rena while she was having her affair in the shower as retaliation for blackmailing his daughter Yuuka. When she and her lover came out of the shower, the lover turns out to be Yuuka's teacher Mr. Okada.
- MoniRobo: Masashi cheated on his wife Charako with her high school friend Satomi in the shower and even had her put on a school swimsuit to roleplay until his daughters Mika and Moka caught him, snapped photos of the affair and locked the lovebirds in there.
- Revenge Films:
- "Caught my fiancée cheating on me…": Alex locked his cheating fiancee Ali and her lover Bob in the bathroom while they showered so he could take the latter's phone and message Bob's fiancé Katy to notify her of his affair. This earned the cheating couple the ire of both their parents and Katy's parents.
- "I came home to my husband having an affair in the shower": Yulia locked her cheating husband Samuel and with his lover Harley in the bathroom with a doorstop while she called the lovebirds' boss, Mr. Quimby, to report the affair. Much to her surprise, her parents and in-laws also showed up at her house to support her. She then exposed them to face the ire of the presents, wearing nothing but their underwear.
- Trouble Busters:
- Mary cheats on her fiancé Aaron with his workplace manager Kevin in the bathtub. When he caught them in the act, he barricaded the doors with heavy boxes and called his parents, in-laws, and his boss to come over.
- Megan cheats on her husband Alex with her boss Karl in the shower. However, he chose to let it be while he concocted a plan to catch them red-handed. When Megan couldn't stand the cold and Alex told her he was inviting some friends, she spills the beans and confesses to cheating.
- Karen cheats on her husband Alex in the shower, much to his dismay once he caught them. The next time, he and his boss locked them in the bathroom in retaliation for the rumors started against him because he wasn't happy about his wife being pregnant after he caught them the first time. It turns out her lover was Mr. Uriel, who reprimanded him for his reaction to Karen's pregnancy earlier on.
- Deconstructed in Watch Mojo's clip about "Top 10 Things Movies Always Get Wrong About Sex" (now removed).
Voiceover: Shower sex is probably the most annoying thing you can attempt with your partner in the real world. One of you will slip and hurt and/or embarrass yourself, the height difference makes things difficult, one of you will be freezing cold, water does not make the greatest lubricant, having sex standing up is damn near impossible, should we go on? Seriously, don't let the movies fool you — shower sex is the worst.
- In The Simpsons episode "Kamp Krusty", Homer and Marge have a scene like this after Bart and Lisa leave for camp.
- In Family Guy episode "Family Goy", Peter makes love to a life-sized cardboard Kathy Ireland figure in the shower, in an example of taking Cardboard Pal (or perhaps Companion Cube) to its (il)logical extreme.