The story starts with Jinx setting up a Hostage Situation so that she can come face-to-face with the Teen Titans. When she does, she singles out Raven in particular. Jinx has one request before going into custody: she wants to kiss Raven. To her surprise, Raven agrees.
To Catch A Raven provides examples of:
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": Jinx prefers being called "Jinx" over her real name "Kamala".
- First-Name Basis:
- When talking casually, the HIVE Five use their real names around each other.
- Raven refers to the Titans by name on their off-time.
- First Kiss: Jinx is Raven's first kiss. Unsatisfied by it, she kisses Jinx a second time.
- Ill Girl: Brant's younger sister Marie has a heart condition. She needs to take medication to keep her heart from beating too fast.
- Named by the Adaptation: The HIVE members are given names: Jinx is named "Kamala Malti". (frequently shortened to "Kammie"), Gizmo is named "Mike", and Mammoth is named "Baran".
- Oh My Gods!: Raven says things like "Azar enlightened".
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Gizmo curses as much as he does in canon, except that he uses real swears thanks to the lack of censors.
- Slash Fic: To Catch A Raven is a romance fic between the theme pairing Jinx and Raven. Jinx asks Raven out in the first chapter.
- Reality Ensues: Due to the high amount of supervillains, metahuman alarms are commonplaces in Jump City's businesses.