The series starts with Robin being forced into acting as Slade's apprentice. Terra is there more willingly than Robin, but neither teen enjoys their life. The two are drawn to one another during the few months they work together.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Ambiguous Disorder: Terra is usually either angry or stoic. She can pretend to be emotional, but describes herself as feeling "flat" and finds her feelings to be shallow. She also dehumanizes herself a lot. She calms herself by imagining herself dying violently and has suicidal thoughts. Terra also enjoys the sound of bones scraping and is generally violent.
- Bi the Way: Robin casually mentions having crushes on his friends Wally, Barbara, and Roy in the past.
- Composite Character:
- Terra has her cartoon design (except for possibly having buck-teeth like her 1980s comic incarnation) but has the darker personality of her comic version.
- Dick has some Jason traits. When he was with Slade, he was thought dead and Batman replaced him with Jason.
- Dark Fic: It's predominantly a Teen Titans fanfic with a lot of influence from the comics, which results in it being very dark. Robin is forced into becoming an assassin and neither him nor Terra are in sound condition.
- Driven to Suicide: Terra spends most of the series suicidal.
- Patchwork Fic: The story mixes elements from the comics, 2003 show, and Judas Contract film.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Terra's crude and curses a lot.
- Vague Age: Neither Terra or Robin ages are mentioned, though a line in the fourth story implies she was fifteen at the start of the series.