Bloody Homecoming is a 2013 slasher film.
On the night of the Winston High School homecoming, a group of sophomores are denied entry, and decide to have their own small gathering in another school building. When Billy, one of the boys attempts to date-rape his companion, Annie, he gets locked in a room and accidentally burns himself to death trying to escape.
Three years later, another homecoming has rolled around and a maniac clad in firefighter gear and wielding a sharpened baton is targeting the students present at Billy's immolation.
This film provides examples of the following tropes:
- Asshole Victim: Nobody much liked Billy, except for the killer.
- Auto Erotica: Nora and Roddy have sex in the back of (somebody else's) pickup truck in the parking lot during the homecoming game.
- Blood from the Mouth: Annie gets stabbed through the back of her head and the stake comes out her mouth, accompanied by a copious amount of blood. Later Roddy is stabbed through the chest from behind and blood fountains out of his mouth.
- Bound and Gagged: In the final confrontation with Loren, the killer has Principal Patterson gagged and tied to a chair.
- Camping a Crapper: The killer hides in the girls bathroom and ambushes Jaclyn when she runs in there to throw up.
- Date Rape Averted: Billy attempts to rape Annie, but is stopped by Loren, who knocks him out with the spirit staff.
- Drinking on Duty: Sheriff Corbin takes a Quick Nip from a hip flask while prowling the dance.
- The End... Or Is It?: Loren and Jaclyn get out of their car and head into the school for graduation. They are followed by a figure in a graduation robe who drops a sharpened stake out of their sleeve into their hand.
- Eye Scream: Roddy gets stabbed through the eye with a sharpened spirit staff.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: The killer dies when they fall on top of the sharpened spirit staff they have been using as an Improbable Weapon and are impaled. At the time, the staff is sticking out of her husband.
- Hot for Teacher: Billy was, and said teacher, Mrs. Patterson, snapped when he died.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Most of the victims are stabbed with a sharpened staff.: often with enough force to pass all the way through their head or chest.
- Improbable Weapon User: A victim is killed with a balloon, to say nothing of the use of a spirit baton as a murder implement.
- Make-Out Kids: Nora and Roddy, whose major concern is finding new places to have sex. Unsurprisingly, they are killed while having sex in the back of somebody else's pickup truck.
- Making Love in All the Wrong Places: Nora and Roddy will take any opportunity to have sex. This includes having sex in the janitor's closet and school, and in the back of somebody else's pickup truck at the homecoming game.
- Off with Her Head!: The killer removes Cassie's head after killing her.
- Red Herring: Several, including Fred the school janitor and Billy's father, the sheriff.
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: The killer attempts a Pre-Mortem One-Liner about Loren and Jaclyn being "expelled permanently". Jaclyn's response?:"Not in my final year, bitch!"
- Throwing the Distraction: While hiding on top of a bank of lockers in the change room, Loren throws one of her shoes into the lockers on the far side of the room to distract the killer.
- Twisted Ankle: In a Reality Ensues moment, Nora twists her ankle when she jumps out of the bed of a pickup truck while wearing a pair of stiletto heeled ankle boots, which severely restricts her ability to run away from the killer. She is reduced to crawling under parked cars in an attempt to hide.
- The Walls Are Closing In: Steve is killed when he hides under the retractable bleachers in the gym, and the killer then causes them to retract into the wall.