Caveat lector! note
This is a list of recommendations made by Tropers
for Fan Fics
. Feel free to recommend your favourite fanfics here, as long as it's in line with the rules:
- No Underage Sex: This means no fanfics with plots based on sexualizing minors (characters under 16).
- No Porn: In other words, no pure Lemon fanfics. This is a wiki for Tropes, not a dictionary of porn. If you think you've found a deserving exception, you can always consult the 5P circuit, and if approved, make sure to flag it as Not Safe for Work.
- No Self-Recommendations: These pages are a readers' service, not an advertising service for authors.
- Add Works Using the Template: It's right down there.
Bear in mind that recommendations are subjective, so if you want to question or discuss any given recommendation you should do so on the appropriate discussion page. If you want people to read the fanfic you're recommending, you should put some effort into writing the description. Sell us the fanfic, but don't inflate it; we're striving for some quality stories here, so if you have difficulties with making it look interesting, maybe it wasn't that good in the first place.
In addition, you will notice that the tropers have signed their recommendations. Somebody has to vouch for them, so if a given recommendation isn't backed up by anybody, it will be zapped
. After a few samples, you will be able to note the interests of the tropers recommending them, and judge whether you might be also interested in a certain 'fic.
Reviews of fics are encouraged, but if you choose to write one, please make it substantive, and give specific details about what you liked / disliked in the fic. If you want to give a fic a thumbs-up without writing a full review, you can add your troper handle to the Recommended by line.
A Completed Fic
would be nice, but not a requirement.
fics between two fictions should be listed twice, once under each fiction's page. Crossover
fics between three or more should be listed once under Mega Crossover
Below is the required format for a recommendation. If you're making a new page, or adding to an existing one, copy that text into the page. Please don't use the old format, those are being gradually converted to this one.
Title of the Fanfic
by Author OR Fic Trope Page, by Author (Link
- Recommended by: Troper Namenote
- Status: Complete/Ongoingnote /Dormantnote /Deadnote
- Synopsis: What's the story about? Give here a brief summary of the plot. It would be also useful to point out in what moment of the series the story takes place. If it's a Gen Fic but it has some romantic elements, note here the characters involved too.
- Pairing(s): If it's a Shipping Fic, list here the pairings that feature in the fic (note here if it's het, male slash or female slash). If it's a Gen Fic, remove this line. To tell the difference between the two, notice if the focus of the fic is on a romantic relationship or if it focuses on the other aspects of the story. In case of doubt, classify the story according to the genres it's been tagged: the Romance tag for Shipping, absence of that tag for Gen Fic.
- Tags: If any are known. This would be things like WAFF, Lemon, Dark Fic, etc.
Note: That last bit of gibberish with the square brackets turns into a button linking the fic to its reviews, which is where all opinions about the work go. The recommendations lists are just for recommendations and the synopses. Since the coding doesn't like punctuation, remember to strip that out before posting the link to the reviews section.
If you want to read articles for other fanfics of varying quality, go to FanFic.Fan Fics
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga