Cryptic Investigation by Racingwolf
- Recommended by: Dark Hououmon
- Synopsis: Vinnie Raton and Terry Bouffant team up with another ally to try to expose ChalkZone to the world, and meanwhile, Rudy, Penny, and Snap must go on a journey to find a way to stop the destruction they've already begun causing.
- Comments: This story is a rarity among ChalkZone fanfics, where the characters are not derailed beyond recognition and where friendship, not romance, is the focal point. Everyone is perfectly in character, the OCs are fleshed out and believable, the emotions are well done, and it gives a satisfying, uplifting conclusion. The story also explores a theme that the show never fully realized to its true potential: what if ChalkZone was invaded by creators who had less than ideal intentions for it? If you're looking for a ChalkZone fanfic that doesn't distort the characterizations and where situations are handled believably, this is the fanfic for you.
- It has a sequel called Cryptic Infiltration which picks up a month or so after the first story.
- Though there is one flaw: the chapters, as they go on, are too long and rife with Description Porn Wall of Text. It comes off as unnecessary and boring to be exact because you would beg for the story to just...well, get on with it. Of course, only if you're that person who's not that keen on reading too much. So by all means, if you're interested still, be prepared for a LOT of reading.
- This Troper disagrees and feels the story had the right level of description to help bring atmosphere and visualization to the story.