Proof that the remaining 10% is worth going on a field trip with Ms. Frizzle for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for The Magic School Bus Fan Fics
, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped.
Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Authors, and Websites
The Life And Times of the Fantasmic 4
(Explicit sexual content, swearing, and childhood ruining)
Under Cover of Darkness
- Recommended by This Is A Test, Dm M
- Pairing(s): Arnold/Phoebe, Carlos/DA
- Synopsis: Phoebe and Arnold's relationship as the The Magic School Bus gang enters their senior year of high school.
- Comments: I remember reading it all in one sitting (a rare event) and thinking it was the best fan fiction on the website. (I also told the author this). It reads very much like the average high school romance novel, but expect consistent characterization (both with the characters as the fic portrays them and with the TV show) and a sort of sweet story.
- Link gave a "story not found" error on fanfiction.net
also by the_ultimateSora
- Recommended by livebythecreed
- Pairing(s): Arnold/Phoebe, Ralphie/DA, Carlos/Keesha, Arnold/Wanda
- Synopsis: Inspired by The Walking Dead, the gang find themselves having to survive in a post-apocalyptic world overrun with maulers.
- Comments: An older MSB gang having to fight off zombies while trying to survive? Yes, please. This is perhaps the ultimateSora's best fic yet. Has its own page.
What Comes After
As I Always Say
- Recommended by loracarol
- Pairing(s): There isn't really enough romance for this story to be in the romance section, but if you wanna wear your shipping goggles, and see Ms. Frizzle/Arnold, it's possible to see that.
- Synopsis: Arnold is now Ms. Frizzle's student teacher, time goes on, and some people are starting to get... Older. (One Shot)
- Comments: This is one of the coolest MSB fanfics that I've ever read. It's a little on the sad side, but totally worth it, I promise.
Return of the Magic School Bus
- Recommended by Joysweeper
- Comments: The author says she doesn't know much about Doctor Who. I'm not sure I believe her. You know all those Wild Mass Guessing ideas about Ms. Frizzle being a Time Lady? This is a treatment of that idea which makes for a believably alien Ms. Frizzle, who you really could see as being outside of the human treatments of time. Time Lady Mary Poppins also cameos.
- Recommended by ladyofthelibrary
- Synopsis: Our favorite group of Frizz kids are now in high school and are called into action when Miss Frizzle's latest class goes missing along with the Frizz herself and the bus. But our favorite octet of characters have changed over the years and not all of them for the better. They'll need to rediscover who they are and were before a plot against everything Miss Frizzle stands for goes too far.
- Comments: This story was written due to the author's annoyance that the fanfiction for this series lacked the bus. It ages the characters believably (albeit unusually in the case of Tim [who's gone from The Generic Guy to The Leader] and depressingly in the case of Keisha), has likable O Cs (including Tim's new history teacher, his ferret and his magical school bus) and has an engaging plot. Make sure you have enough time to read it in one sitting because you won't be able to resist doing it.