Anonymous Poster #1: Woody is stuck inside Sunnyside with the gang, and has just had his arm torn off by Lotso. Luckily, a rifle through the confiscated items drawer and a bit of duct tape later, Woody has a new arm — a Swiss Army knife duct-taped to his shoulder, Ash Williams style. Now what shall he do with his new arm? Bonus points if you can get Ken to call Woody's new arm "groovy".Fan Fic on crack. The easiest type of fanfic to write, and one of the hardest to write well. Crack Fic is not merely humorous. In fact in many cases it doesn't have to be humorous. While it is similar to Alternate Universe Fic, in that they both change some fundamental aspect of the source material, the "something's different about this" idea is taken to the extreme. In its broadest sense, Crack Fic is any story whose premise and events would be completely implausible in Canon. These frequently include bizarre settings and explorations of improbable relationships between characters — not merely unlikely in canon, as in Foe Yay, but totally irrational and turned up a notch beyond that, as in Crack Pairing. Crack Fic is often considered the result of a challenge, either from someone outside the author or from the author him/herself: "This idea is completely unworkable, but I bet I can make it work." The name stems from the notion that the author must have been ingesting some illegal substance just to think up the idea, let alone write it. Our very own Pitch Generator is basically one giant Crack Fic crossover... generator. Compare Crack Pairing, Bizarro Fiction, The Abridged Series.
Anonymous Poster #2: I love you.
Anonymous Poster #2: I love you.
open/close all folders
- Can your beer do this? Miller Lite did a whole campaign of these weird commercials in 2008, combining things like Sumo wresting with high diving and ice hockey with a beauty pageant.
Anime & Manga
- Axis Powers Hetalia: History on crack.
- In the bonus episode of Darker Than Black one of Misaki's coworkers got it in her head to write Hei into her Crack Fic. Given Yin's recitation, it involved improper relations with an elephant.
- Haiyore! Nyarko-san is the Cthulhu Mythos on multiple mind altering substances.
- Cross Epoch, the tongue-in-cheek One Piece/Dragon Ball crossover.
- Read this to see what happens when the whole Marvel crew starts smoking crack.
- Archie Meets the Punisher. Really.
- Speaking of Archie, how about Archie Meets KISS. Not kidding.
- Thought the Archie crossovers couldn't possibly get any weirder? Brace yourselves for Archie vs. Sharknado.
- The Marvel series What The—?! was all Crack Fic all the time: Superman (sorry, Superbman) showing up in the Fantastic Four book and making Sue fall for him due to his good looks as soon as he smiled at her to prove how much better he was. Wolverine trying to have a day off fishing but everyone showing up trying to get him to appear in their comics. Wolverine and the Punisher saving the rainforest...
- Superman Meets the Quik Bunny.
- And speaking of Product Placement comics, for a very long time comic books ran backups where superheroes would defeat villians using the power of Delicious Fruit Pies.
- All-Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder, starring none other than The Goddamn Batman.
- One issue of Marvel's Ren and Stimpy comic teamed them up with Spider-Man.
- What if Wolverine had become Lord of the Vampires? No wait, we’ve done that already. What if the X-Men had lost Inferno? No, no, we did that too. What if Wolverine had been Lord of the Vampires During the Inferno? Hey, that’s Crazy Enough to Work! This scenario, which combined two previous What If? scenarios into something that was unusual even for that series, was one of five in the Time Quake storyline.
- The Marvel Swimsuit Special, which was released annually from 1991 to 1996, could be considered this. Each issue was Marvel's big name characters (heroes and a few villains, mostly the Fanservice-ish ones) drawn by collaborating artists, wearing skimpy swimsuits, all holding a big beach party at one of Marvels exotic locales like the Savage Land or Madripoor. (Each had an Excuse Plot to explain why none of objected to being invited to the same party as their rivals and in some cases, sworn enemies but it did mildly well and even spawned a few imitators.
- In the FoxTrot strip seen here, Game of Thrones crosses over with My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. (Jason doesn't stay around long enough to find out its an April Fools joke.)
- The LEGO Movie is this for the LEGO toylines featured in the film. Among other things:
- The Pirates! Band of Misfits is pretty much a Crack Fic for real world history. Among other things we have Queen Victoria as an Ax-Crazy psychopath, all the world's leaders gathering together on a gigantic cruise ship to eat rare animals for seemingly no other reason than to drive them into extinction For the Evulz, Charles Darwin getting messed up with the eponymous group of pirates... yeah...
- Funny or Die's When Harry Met Sally... II. It starts off staunchly Original Flavor with the mildly cracky premise of Harry in an old folks' home after Sally's death, falling in love for the second time with Helen Mirren's character. Then the vampires show up.
- Bubba Ho-Tep features an elderly Elvis and JFK (whose brain has been transplanted into a black man's body, though he thinks he's just been dyed that color) fighting a cowboy mummy that sucks out people's souls through their anus. note
- Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter is a musical movie in which Jesus, in the modern day, kills vampires... and sings.
- The brucesploitation "classic" The Dragon Lives Again, featuring Popeye, Kwai Chang Caine, The One-Armed Swordsman, 007, The Man With No Name, The Godfather, Laurel and Hardy, The Exorcist, Dracula, and Emmanuelle with most of them trying to conquer Hell/The Underworld.
- Seltzer and Friedberg's movies, especially Disaster Movie.
- The Star Wars Holiday Special.
- There exists an obscure film called Geek Maggot Bingo. Of the entire film, the Word Salad Title is probably the least bizarre; there are cowboys, mad scientists, vampires, hunchbacks, transvestites, phones made of cardboard, cats covered with marker scribblings, the cheapest props and special effects you'll ever see (that are somehow strangely creative), at least a dozen samples of stolen music, and that barely scratches the surface of how screwed up this film is. Watch The Cinema Snob's review for a better idea.
- The Rocky Horror Discworld Show. Yes, it's official; made with the permission of Richard O'Brien and the enthusiastic encouragement of Terry Pratchett, the only performance took place at the 2010 Discworld Convention. Carrot and Angua are Brad and Janet, Lord Vetinari is Frank-N-Furter and Igor and Igorina are... oh, you guessed.
- Speaking of Terry Pratchett, Good Omens is arguably a Crack Fic of the The Bible (specifically, the Book of Revelation).
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies as well as its prequel, sequel, and its spiritual successor, Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters.
- The Codex Alera series was made on a bet that Jim Butcher could write a good story about a Lost Roman Legion fighting zerg with Pokémon. He succeeded.
- Don't forget the addition of noble warrior werewolves, rhinocerous-riding psychic ninjas, and the send-ups to/blatant parody rip-offs of George RR Martin's Westeros, which take the story off of crack just long enough to take a hit of the brown acid and follow it up with a few cool pints of heroin. And makes it all the more impressive that the story works incredibly well.
- Tyra Banks' fantasy trilogy, Modelland could qualify. Set in a world where the fashion industry is Serious Business and supermodels themselves are Physical Gods, the whole society is structured on the chance for young girls to gather SMIZEs in order to be admitted to the eponymous Modelland, an academy teaching them how to become supermodels too. One cannot exactly talk of superpowered supermodels with a straight face.
- Neil Gaiman has written his share, including one of The Chronicles of Narnia and a A Study in Emerald, which is a crossover between the Sherlock Holmes stories and the Cthulhu Mythos.
- Spike Milligan did a whole series of Crack Fics of great works of literature, under the general heading of According to Spike Milligan.
- The Glee episode "Comeback". To elaborate, it features Sue trying to commit suicide via gummy vitamins (on a show that would go on to treat sucide VERY seriously in a later arc), Mercedes and Rachel (two characters that are very different and barely interact with each other) singing a duet, a Justin Bieber tribute band, and a performance of a My Chemical Romance song while dressed as lumberjacks.
- "Can't Smeg Won't Smeg" was the first feature of Red Dwarf Night, the Red Dwarf Tenth Anniversary Celebration. It is Red Dwarf as a cooking show, based on a real English cooking show. One full of the unintentional hilarity that comes of asking these characters to cook.
- Similar to Super Smash Bros., we have "The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny". It includes unrelated characters such Godzilla, Indiana Jones, Care Bears, Mister Rogers, and everyone else in between, and they are all battling each other to the death in Tokyo for no apparent reason.
- Jacques Offenbach, a famous composer of his time, wrote an opera which was about E. T. A. Hoffmann's love life told as if the latter was the protagonist of his tales. Given Hoffmann's Crazy Awesome style, the opera is weird.
- Twilight Sparkle's Secret Shipfic Folder has cards whose Flavor Text is almost universally from Twilight's supposed folder of fics. Some of the quotes are a little... odd.
Spike stood at the door, slack-jawed for a few moments. The... thing... at the door gurgled pleasantly and tilted its head expectantly. He turned. "Um, Twilight? I'm hoping the door is for you..." —What About Crackle?
- The TCG exclusive Kozmo archetype of Yu-Gi-Oh! cards places characters from The Wizard of Oz and makes the psychic cyborgs in a setting resembling that of Star Wars. For example, Kozmo Farmgirl is a cross between Anakin Skywalker and Dorothy Gale, while Kozmo Wickedwitch combines the Wicked Witch of the West and Darth Maul.
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl. If canon could be Crack Fic, then Brawl would be the veritable god of the world of Crack Fic. The entire plot of the story mode makes absolutely no sense and the premise the game works on is that the characters are all actually "trophies" based on various Nintendo characters that have come to life and live in their own world, as playthings, and they face the possibility of being trapped in their non-living "trophy" forms forever. The reason it works well is because the characters don't have characteristics or personalities. The sole exception is Snake, and as such he acts completely out of character, always questioning the bizarre shit happening around him.
- The bonus "External Gazer" short story on the Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance disc is a moving drama about Snake, Otacon and Mei Ling teaming up to battle a giant sea monster from another dimension. Mei Ling turns out to be secretly married to Solidus, and it gets weirder (and increasingly Genre Savvy) from there. It's all told from Snake's first-person point of view, and he's utterly deadpan about everything.
- Kingdom Hearts definitely qualifies. It starts as a Final Fantasy/Disney crossover and gets stranger from there. Somewhat mitigated by the fact that by the end, the main conflicts all stem from the main cast, consisting almost entirely of characters made up exclusively for the series; the Final Fantasy characters are merely cameos and side stories. Mocked in this Penny Arcade strip.
- "Another Day" in The World Ends with You is what happens when you allow Square Enix to write a Crack Fic of itself. Dramatic changes for each character in the world create an extremely bizarre Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Serious Business world. And, yes, the Ambiguously Gay Bishounen is not Ambiguous anymore, and there's a Shipper on Deck who extremely loves the idea. Some fans have speculated that the whole episode is symbolic of Doujinshi, many of which, naturally, are Crack Fics.
- Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe definitely counts. To clarify, Shao Kahn and Darkseid inadvertently get fused into a monster named Dark Kahn who begins fusing the two universes, and makes everyone fight each other via his Hate Plague.
- What if the War of the Roses were fought using the Yu-Gi-Oh! game with bizarre House Rules with characters from the anime portraying the historical figures involved? You'd have Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelists Of The Roses.
- Dengeki Gakuen RPG: Cross of Venus is another crossover game that could have been designed only by people being high at the time. The premise is that an evil organization is causing Canon Defilement. And if the fact that Bludgeoning Angel Dokurochan meets Kino's Journey in the game didn't tip you off already, it just gets downhill afterwards with such absurdities like a creepy-looking villainous clone of Minori Kushieda, and time travelling in Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu courtesy of Reality Warper Aureolus Izzard.
- The premise of The Simpsons Game is that the eponymous family discover that they are part of a video game. Then they get into the game engine and save 8-bit counterparts of themselves from getting destroyed by Will Wright. Subsequently the characters get into different video games to get key cards that let them find their creator.
- The Marvel vs. Capcom series combines one thing that Marvel and Capcom share. Their insane love of crossovers. On the note of Capcom, there is also the Japan-only RPG Namco × Capcom which combines MANY characters from both Namco and Capcom games into one clusterfuck of an RPG... which looks totally awesome. And it's canon for Super Robot Wars Original Generation: Endless Frontier. At least regarding Namco × Capcom OCs and characters from Xenosaga.
- We knew that Professor Layton was a little anachronistic, but a crossover with the Ace Attorney universe!? That's just plain ridiculous!
- Doom could be considered a Crack Fic when you think about it. You have a Space Marine (the type of hero that usually fights aliens and cosmic horrors) fighting demons from Hell (monsters who usually appear in fantasy role playing games and horror movies like Hellraiser) on Mars; something is seriously out of whack here.
- In the pleasant (or pleasant-seeming if the player is of a more malevolent sort) world of The Sims, you can find Tiberium in Egypt, and references to a galaxy-saving shepherd should you go to the future via time machine. Even mixing the latter two would be an impressive achievement, but combining them with a world where Rule of Funny is a borderline physical law? Have fun.
- Sam & Max: Freelance Police: The Devil's Playhouse probably counts as a Crack Fic for the Cthulhu Mythos.
- Square Enix does it again with Dissidia.
- Iji lets you find a translator made by one of the aliens. Iji's translator works just fine, but if you turn on the alien's translator, well...
- Eternal Sonata is a Japanese RPG about a dream that Fryderyk Chopin, a famous composer, had on his deathbed. In his dream, everyone who is terminally ill can practice magic, people literally turn into monsters, almost everyone's names are related to music (one of the main characters is named Allegretto, his brother is named Beat, and one of the villain's henchmen is named Guitar, for a few examples). and the environments just keep getting more and more abstract. Also, the ending is an utter Mind Screw.
- While the plot is well-recieved, Super Paper Mario still feels like even for the Mario series and even when the previous two games are taken into consideration. Especially out of context. It suddenly takes place in a world with a heavy "digital" or "linear" theme (including one set of levels where everything is made out of "bits"), Mario gets the ability to change between travelling in 2D and 3D, and the universe-consuming void that can somehow appear in several different dimensions is finally destroyed when a man in a top hat marries someone transformed into a digital butterfly. Oh, and Mario literally goes to Purgatory near the end of the game.
- Any game that supports mods can be turned into this. Case in point...
- Jack's third episode of Totally Non Canon Theater, Frigid McThunderbones. There are no words to describe it except "cracky". Well, and probably also "offensive" (at at least one point to any given reader).
- In The Inexplicable Adventures of Bob!, Molly likes to write fanfics along the lines of The Brothers Karamazov meets Harold and the Purple Crayon. Harold uses his purple crayon to draw a door on Dmitri's Siberian prison cell wall. Then they and Grushenka go trekking across the Siberian wilderness. And the Moon goes with them.
- In-universe: Late into Homestuck, the Big Bad creates his own retelling/version of the story titled Homosuck, a Stylistic Suck comic where everyone looks like Problem Sleuth (the previous entry in MS Paint Adventures), which first starts off parodying some complaints about the first act before killing off John, then moving on to a story of Dave having all of the female humans in love with him. At one point, Dave even fights off enemies (which are taken directly from a book) using a sword made out of images that his species deems as "pornography."
- Duck Dodgers provides several examples:
- The episode where Duck Dodgers joined the Green Lantern Corps. Yes, they used the actual DC characters. He went to Oa and fought Sinestro and everything.
- On that basis, the episode where he ate poorly made Fugu, hallucinated he was Samurai Quack and fought Aku/Happy Cat, who was actually his father.
- There is also episode where Dave Mustaine from Megadeth saves the day. Keep in mind that his early albums are certainly not for young children.
- Both Space Ghost Coast to Coast and Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law are entirely premised as Crack Fic.
- Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel combines Phineas and Ferb with characters from the Marvel Universe.
- The Critic had a Show Within a Show version, where Sherman reviews the new Clint Eastwood movie, Beverly Hills Robo Canine Cop and a Half 2. In the clip shown, Eastwood (as his Dirty Harry character) gets a new partner, who promptly explodes. He then gets five more, a lady cop, a cute little kid, an ugly old dog, a dinosaur, and a leprechaun (the last of which explodes). In the next clip, the unlikely group meets another cop with a worse group: a pig, an alien, a pair of Siamese twins, a sofa, and a second-rate mime. (Who explodes.) Like most of the films Sherman reviews, this one looks pretty bad.
- There's a certain word game where one person starts a story with the first sentence, and each person in the group adds on another sentence. With certain groups of people competing to make the story even weirder than it was before, this can get pretty surreal. Also goes for certain improv games. The more formalized version is called "Consequences," and asks a different person to fill in one of the following, in order, then fold the paper so his entry is unreadable and pass to the next person. The items are 1. Man's Name 2. Woman's Name 3. Place 4. Reason they were there 5. What he said 6. How she replied 7. What happened. Hilarity Ensues.
- Twilight Sparkle's Secret Shipfic Folder has numerous examples referenced in the flavor text. But really, it's a game about a unicorn secretly shipping everyone in her life, so it's par for the course.
- Spejbl and Hurvinek...vs. Dracula. (Probably sounds more cracked than it actually is.)
Fan Work Examples:
- Anything written by Oxenstierna D Yuki Rin. Her Crack Fics have everything and anything a Crack Fic could have, including musical numbers, parodies, pop culture references, Big Lipped Alligator Moments, her OCs for One Piece that are very wacky themselves, cameos made by various anime characters, and even things that should reach Memetic Mutation status.
- Essentially anything David Gonterman writes is unintentionally a Crack Fic... of the worst possible kind.
- Nearly everything written by Dannichu.
- Anything by Peter Chimaera.
- Quarter-Life: Halfway to Destruction.
- Peter Chimaera book of hsitorical faFfiction is 44 pages of gold. One story, Einstein's Theory of Justice, starts with Einstein "discovering" that he "invented" his Theory of Relativity and ends with a battle with Thomas Edison who used the theory to time travel to that moment to steal it for himself and take the credit. It really picks up once Edison recruits the mummy of Julius Caesar to fight Einstein.
- Batman: Nemesis Fight. We won't spoil anything in the short story.
- One of the current kings of this trope is Shadow Crystal Mage. His works include such gems as:
- Takamachi Nanoha Of 2814 where the eponymous character gets a Green Lantern Ring on top of Raging Heart. That's just the first chapter. The later chapters gets more insane, with Megazords, Godzilla and somehow this very Wiki getting thrown in...
- Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly!, the world's first The Dresden Files / TV Tropes crossover.
- VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke!: 8 year-old Sasuke makes a play about how he's going to kill Itachi. It becomes a big hit and Konoha's biggest tourist attraction.
- The Door is a TaleSpin/Stargate SG-1 crossover that actually makes sense. Yes, furries and the Stargate universe and it makes sense. Worth a look if you like both franchises.
- Oddly, his stories also tend to take on a serious note in later chapters, generally around chapter 3 or 4, with things like plot and character development appearing, without in any way reducing the crack level.
- If Shadow Crystal Mage is the king of this trope, then Sue Mary is surely the queen. She wrote a fanfic where Hannah Montana falls in love with Po.
- Many of Hans Von Hozel's works fall into this category.
- Fics by crow-of-murders fall under Crack Fic.
- You Got HaruhiRolled! is far from author superstarultra's only Crack Fic, merely his best known. His other work includes The Obesity of Haruhi Suzumiya, about the SOS Brigade's misadventures in Fat Camp, and the  fic Dimentiosweeper, where Minesweeper gets a little... violent.
- Rorschach's Blot has some hilarious stuff posted.
- dogbertcarroll as well.
- Mr Law writes crack fics in various forms, from depressingly realistic The Familiar of Zero shorts to overly ridiculous Castlevania stories. His latest series, To-Love-Death imagines the cast of the sci-fi romantic comedy To Love-Ru facing off a zombie invasion. Note its sequel To-Love-Carnage takes the crack Up to Eleven.
- Boys and girls, The first K-ON!/Ren and Stimpy one-shot ever!
- A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes is a crossover with Axis Powers Hetalia and the Superman universe in which one of the Nation-tans is ensnared by an alien plant called the Black Mercy. Plenty of potential for lulz and suckage, but damned if it's not one of the most well-written and moving fills from the Kink Meme.
- Until The End Of Time: A crossover between Dragon Ball Z and The Diary of a Young Girl. Anne lives, falls in love with Goku, and Hitler turns Super Saiyan shortly before Goku vaporizes him. One gets the feeling that this was inspired by an O.D. on a combination of Psychadelics, Ritalin, and bad ingenuity. It is possible that its genesis lay not in drugs but in a misguided middle schooler coming home from school after learning about the holocaust, thinking, "Man, Hitler sucks! Goku should kick his ass!" And then he set his eyes on the computer, and one of the great legends of fanfiction was born. The fic is read by Bennett the Sage here. And believe it or not, this kind of already happened in canon. It's called the 12th movie, Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn. No, seriously. Hitler got revived in the 12th movie, and Goten and Trunks kicked his ass in Saiyajin form. It's only in the uncut DVD release. All TV Syndications edit out all scenes with Hitler.
- Cave Story VS I. M. Meen. A story in which I. M. Meen invades the Cave Story universe and decides to start tormenting little children, starting with Jack, the one who looks the most like a "bookworm". If you haven't read this, read it now. It is one of the funniest, awesomest, most creative, and sadly most underrated stories ever written, fanfic or not.
- Here is a crossover between Star Wars and The Land Before Time. It works.
- Ladies and gentlemen, the world's first Harry Potter /Tetris crossover.
- Beloved: Sethe of the Rebellion attempts to mix Toni Morrison's Pulitzer prize winning novel Beloved with Code Geass.
- Kaiju Moon. Exactly What It Says on the Tin. Sailor Moon/Godzilla crossover. Reincarnation went a little... misdirected. Most of Shritstrang's work is rather cracky. Including a Ranma ˝/Super Mario Bros. crossover, where Ryoga and Kodachi turn out to be koopas. And a Harry Potter and Sailor Moon crossover fic where Severus Snape ends up becoming Sailor Mars.
- In another bizarre crossover involving Ryoga from Ranma ˝, Ryouga vs. the Road Runner. Exactly What It Says on the Tin, and yes, its that Road Runner.
- The Nostalgia Critic Meets FFVII: The Review that Never Happened -- A FanFic. Take the The Nostalgia Critic and throw him into a world where the Final Fantasy VII characters want a better review and kidnap him. Then throw in sex-change materia, the infamous Wall Market, pissed off FFVII Characters and what do you get? A Crack Fic! Also, Aerith and Sepiroth get married. A Crack Pairing if there ever was one. Warning: NSFW.
- Nightwing Nin. A Darkwing Duck/Naruto crossover, where Darkwing Duck's ghost takes a young Sasuke Uchiha under his wing.
- Carrot Juice, Earl Grey, Hot — Bugs Bunny vs. the Borg. A legendary Looney Tunes/Star Trek: The Next Generation crossover.
- Sailor Hellblazer. Surprisingly, it's actually good.
- There is a crossover between Seinfeld and Higurashi: When They Cry in which the entire village of Hinamizawa is somehow moved right next to Jerry's apartment. It featured the main characters of both shows interacting in various ways, the most notable being Kramer and Rika falling in love. The fic ended with Newman becoming possessed by Hinamizawa syndrome and murdering Rika by torturing her. Upon finding the dead body, the fic ended with Kramer shedding a Single Tear. Unfortunately, it was posted on someone's private website that has since been taken down.
- CSI + Charlie and the Chocolate Factory = CSI: Death By Chocolate. The most common comment was along the lines of "This shouldn't work!" But it does, wonderfully.
- Larry Boy and the Little Man of Purpleness: A Star Wars/VeggieTales crossover.
- The Darker Knight, coming with a terminal case of bad grammar, a Mary Sue by the name of Batcousin (seriously, that's her name), and a crossover with Half-Life: Full Life Consequences, this comes off as deviously hilarious. Now with its own dramatic reading.
- Beserker Hell is Warhammer 40,000 meets Winnie-the-Pooh. There's also Teletubbies: Imperial Purge. The Blood Ravens purge the Khornate Teletubbies.
- The Insane Cafe RP tetralogy definitely fits. What else can you call a series where Wataru, Dr. Zanasiu, Scooby-Doo, Guilemon, Eevee, Nani, Spyro and Cynder meet and band together to fight a global threat with their base of operations being either a cafe, a small coastal town or a starship?
- This Dora the Explorer and The Lord of the Rings crossover with all the dialogue in Gratuitous Iambic Pentameter.
- An April Fools' Day joke video presents possibly the most insane fanfic premise of all times. Be sure to protect your minds... If you really want to know, it's Haruhi Suzumiya versus Invader Zim.
- This piece features the crew of the Enterprise visiting a planet featuring characters from The Lion King, and actually features some good drama.
- Osaka and the Yellow Sign is Azumanga Daioh vs. H.P. Lovecraft. Azumanga Daioh wins. It also crosses over with Exalted, a tabletop game few Lovecraft or Daioh fans will likely have heard of. Both awesome and hilarity ensue.
- This Phineas and Ferb + Glee crossover called SPACTACULAR; even the writer acknowledges how strange it is.
- Someone decided to cross Haruhi Suzumiya with TV Tropes, and later added in the cast of Higurashi: When They Cry. Whilst it makes perfect sense when you read it, telling someone anything from the story itself is... odd. Like mentioning how Kyon, Nagato, and Tsuruya managed to defeat 24 yakuza in a fight without getting harmed. It's called Kyon: Big Damn Hero.
- Eragon vs. the Ultimate Evil and its sequel subtitled "Who Cares" involves Eragon and Murtagh teaming up with Jack Sparrow, Boba Fett, Aang, Harry Potter and various other characters to violently murder Barney the Dinosaur and various other "baby show" characters like Teletubbies, Dora the Explorer, and Captain Planet. Despite its insane premise, it manages to have a coherent (but still wacky) plot. Oh, and Jack gets a dragon of his own.
- And Shine Heaven Now is a Mega Crossover Crack Fic centered primarily around the cast of Hellsing. It's also yet another example of Crack Fic done right.
- Outrage!, by Rich Morris, writer of The 10 Doctors. Possibly the only time you will ever see the Sixth Doctor meet Jem and the Holograms. He also has a few one-shots on his blog featuring Bugs Bunny as the Doctor. Yeah. Morris' Jem crossover is especially cracky in that it turns Eric Raymond (Jem's Big Bad) into a disguised Zygon (or is he?) and his toady Techrat into a banished Time Lord.
- There is a blog (called Texts from Hinamizawa) that is devoted to crossing Higurashi screenshots with Texts from Last Night. Hilarity ensues.
- Charlie The Unicorn meets Charlie the White Knight.
- Music is a Virus. Basically, Sharpay Evans turns up dead and Bones and company try to figure out who's responsible, while a virus that causes people to state their emotions by singing and dancing starts to infect people.
- The Anti-Cliché and Mary-Sue Elimination Society (ACMSES) started out as these before getting serious. Nevertheless, there's still the odd Crack Fic in the middle of it all. For example, there is a minor character named Fred, who is the Major Persona of Crack. He's a fat man with a mustache who wears a coconut shell bra and grass skirt... Ewwwwwww. In his first appearance, he helps out with a dance competition in the Elite Beat Agents fandom. He puts an Agent through a rigorous training to help him win. By the end of the fic, he uses a guitar like a sledgehammer and vice versa. It Makes Sense in Context. Okay, not really.
- Crossovers Can Drive You Crazy is a fic in which Alucard (from Hellsing), ends up getting sent to Sesame Street to kill the Count.
- Decks Fall, Everyone Dies is a rather long Crack Fic, crossing Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series with Moulin Rouge!.
- All The Stars In The Sky is a fanfic where Kamina leads a bunch of Orks fighting the Chaos and recruits the help of the cast of Total Drama Island. And it works. Just imagine Kamina wielding a chainsaw katana.
- In the fic How the God Conquered World Tour, Kratos, after slaying the Greek Pantheon, decides to watch Total Drama World Tour, thinks it sucked and decides to complain on the internet. It's a surprisingly good Author Tract.
- Presenting the Naruto fic Of Youkai, Life and Other Things and its sequel, Across the Goldstar Barrier, both crossovers with Axis Powers Hetalia and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. They're much, much better than they sound.
- Gurren Jesus is a story where Jesus Christ saves Kamina. Then they ride motorcycles and fight nazis, including Hitler dressed up as Chester Cheetah. And it is awesome. It can't get any crazier than this.
- Well, at least Ace Attorney can't be in any stranger crossovers than that Professor Layton one-Objection! The Great and Powerful Trixie begs to differ! Fillies, gentlecolts, and Mr. Wrong; Trixie presents to you Turnabout Storm.
- There exists a crossover of Dragon Age II with Jersey Shore. Seriously, it exists.
- A recipe: Take one lovable goofball named Ed, add a tentacle-bearded pirate named Davy Jones, stir in a well known fast food restaurant, and presto! You get Ed and Davy Jones Work At McDonalds.
- Lovehammer is bad enough, with the core premise of Sailor Moon getting reincarnated in the wrong universe and being adopted by the God Emperor of Mankind... and millenia later, Ciaphas Cain (Hero of the Imperium!) finds Sailor Saturn's stasis pod. Then you read the parent thread and amalgamation of its ideas, Lovehammer Inc. Then you read Lovehammer: Crack Edition: One-shots, Knight Templar Big Brothers, Horus in a Sailor Fuku. It just goes weirder from there.
- The Stars Will Aid Their Escape. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic teams up with the Cthulhu Mythos. The Great and Powerful Trixie (from "Boast Busters") meets a masked pony in the Everfree Forest, who gives her a strange tome of magic.
- Robo Bando is an Elfen Lied Crack Fic that crossovers with Real Life, Doug, CatDog, Sonichu and many other things. The story begins when Lucy's dead dog grants Bando cybernetic parts to kill Lucy. A few chapters and one world blow up later, he gains Doug as a sidekick after saving him from CatDog and becomes BFFs with DC Comics' Grant Morrison.
- One of Comics Nix's finest works is called The Day the Men Found Love. Batman teams up with Robocop to find a killer, but they also... find love. Stranger yet is the one known as Severus Snape, Professor and Lover, in which Professor Snape quits his job at Hogwarts to teach in Teletubby Land. Yes, seriously. Snape's lessons are not about magic.
- And here we have a crossover between Supernatural and My Neighbor Totoro.
- Max Wolf Revolutions is a parody/homage of some sort of another fanfic, Christian Humber Reloaded which combines Pokémon with Avatar, then with Darkstalkers (the cartoon, not the games) then adds Hulk characters, and by the fifth part of the story, it includes Sonichu elements to the story. However, what makes the story so insane is not so much the crossover elements, but the way in which the absurd plot is told.
- Two Trannies, One Man is a somewhat weird crossover between Superjail! and Final Fight where the Warden recruits Poison to fight Alice in a mixed-martial arts match and then you can guess what happens next.
- Epic Rap Battles of History, which brings such... interesting scenarios as Mario and Lugi in bling going against the Wright Brothers (who are implied to have had a threesome with Peach), and Adolf Hitler jump-flipping off a plank while Stephen Hawking shoots a michrophone to him so he can rap against Darth Vader.
- Hottie 3: The Best Fan Fic in the World. Hottie stops a home invasion, quickly teams up with the crew from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and they go out trying to stop evil forces from taking over numerous (numerous) universes. The universes include things like Baman Piderman, Total Drama, and The Angry Video Game Nerd. Events include Hottie getting a number of increasingly powerful forms, and Steven Universe fusing with Axe Cop (the characters, not their series). The whole thing also reads more like a summary than a story, which while it does remove a bit of entertainment value, also adds to the surreality.
- Hare of the Snake, starring Bugs Bunny as a Slytherin fifth year.
- Snic nd the OSrailian resrant. Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Restaurant are somehow the same thing in this fic, and the first chapter deals with Sonic teaming up with Burger King to take down McDonald's.
- This fic, which retells Twilight through Disney songs.
- Weiss Reacts is several parts Crack Fic, several parts Mega Crossover and several parts MST...all while featuring the titular Weiss reading fanfics.
- Ah! My Witches (Though Some Previously Could...) involves Voldemort inventing an immortality potion which ends up turning himself, Draco, Narcissa and Lucius into Skuld, Urd, Belldandy and Mara, respectively. And Narcissa-Belldandy ends up with Remus Lupin.
- The Womble of University Park and Womble of Ripper Street have the same basic concept: The Wombles in a crime/mystery show (Lewis and Ripper Street respectively).
- Similar to the above, Wimbledon Common is a crossover with The Man From Uncle, and The Wombles.
- Welcome To The Lab is pretty much Pacific Rim meets The Muppets.
- A Sure Cure For The Blues involves Snape being summoned by his ancestor Gargamel in order to help him wipe out the Smurfs.
- Joy Ride has Starsky undergoing a "Freaky Friday" Flip...with his car.
- Mike Wazowski Takes a Fall, a short but very strange Monsters, Inc. fan-vid where Mike goes to Hogwarts to dance with Voldemort only to take a fall and die. He then ascends to heaven as "My Heart Will Go On" plays in the background. Oh, and Mike's dad is Bill Gates.
Anime & Manga
- The DysFUNctional Pirates, which is a series of One Piece crack one-shots.
- For fans of Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, we have The Tale of the Samba Pineapple, specially written for April Fools' Day.
- Shinji And Warhammer 40 K. Shinji Ikari (Butt Monkey) gets a Warhammer 40,000 set at age 6 or so, and it makes him akin to the God-Emperor of Man; that is, inhumanly badass. He turns Eva 01 into a Titan. Kamina would be proud. When it comes to Shinji becoming the Emperor, all signs point to "yes." Later, Shinji leads an army of Terminators, super tanks, and psychics against a horde of zombies. Well, there's something in every chapter. Also, Rei gets orky. The author, on a forum where he has the story proof-read, made a comment that he believed that he has been writing Ritsuko too flat, and that he might have her break through as a Spark. The actual page for this sums it up:
"This fic is not on crack. Crack is on this fic."
- Naruto 40,000.
- Thousand Shinji features Shinji being trained by a sorcerer of the Warhammer 40,000 world. Gradually he, Asuka and Rei gain powers, finally becoming the New Chaos Gods together with Misato. Oh, and Asuka can transform into a super-powerful, axe-wielding, red-skinned, bronze-haired, horned demon. And she and Shinji get together before Shinji gets married to her, Rei and Misato.
- There is a Naruto fanfic about what allegedly happened during Itachi's story. Where to start...? Well, he accidentally killed his friend during a spar, accidentally killed the entire clan (after he used the wrong side of his sword to threaten them with... oops)... the list goes on. And his super torture move? He distracts the target then screams in their face. First person to guess what goes here gets a cookie!
- This mixes Fullmetal Alchemist and Pokémon together in a very, very weird way. The title, Pokémists: Pocket Alchemists should speak for itself.
- All You Need Is Love from the Death Note fandom has Light/Naomi Misora as the pairing, makes Naomi the narrator, and just takes what it wants. One of the best Crack Fics in existence despite butchering of grammar.
- Ever wondered what it would be like if Ah! My Goddess experienced a Zombie Apocalypse? It's actually quite good.
- A Bleach fanfic version of this: Love and the Art of War. Nanao X Kenpachi Zaraki. In the words of the author, "Nanao X ...Zaraki? I have no excuse, explanation, or defense of this pairing whatsoever. So very, very sorry. The crack! It burns!" And it's actually good.
- Slope, a Death Note Crack Fic. This fic is only particularly funny due to its radically understated final line.
- This ridiculous Axis Powers Hetalia fanfic features, among other things, Canada behaving like a stereotypical Dastardly Whiplash-esque villain, North Italy & South Italy fighting an army of ninja hipsters, and Germany literally pulling a machine gun out of his ass. All of the fics by that author are Crack Fics to some extent, but this one just takes the cake.
- In this one-shot Bleach fic, Aizen is accidentally defeated by being molested by Chizuru, who only saw him from the back and assumed from his super-long mullet of power that he was a girl. No summary can possibly do justice to the sheer cracky hilarity.
- In Uninvited Guests, Yachiru burns entire 11th division while baking a cake, Hitsugaya talks with a secretly evil imaginary cat, and Godzilla appears for some reason. The catch? Once you read it, everything makes sense... a lot. This is one of rare Crack Fic that manages to be both insane yet remarkably reasonable. Also, it's the closest and the best thing we have to Bleach Abridged Series.
- Magical Whip Girl Pretty Lotten-Chan is a pure Crack Fic. Lotten is described here as a Whip Girl and needs to save Crashtown. It is even weirder then it sounds.
- This doujinshi crosses over Hidamari Sketch and Death Note (warning: site ads are NSFW).
- You Got HaruhiRolled!.
- This lovely Axis Powers Hetalia fic. The plot involves Austria's mole coming to life, and causing mayhem. Yes, you read that correctly. His mole. The author, though, fully acknoledges the weirdness, and the characters frequently break the fourth wall to comment on how strange the events happening are, and there are many pop culture refrences. The full title? The extremely amazing ballad of Austria's annoying mole and their amazing adventures when said mole comes to life: An Axis Powers Hetalia Troll Fic of EPICNESS!!! (a.k.a. the shorter title, "The Annoying Mole, a Hetalia Troll Fic").
- Looking for a weird Pokémon fanfic? Look no further than this absolutely INSANE one-shot right here. It involves many Non Sequiturs (Yay! Kill all water bottles!), James getting squished by a "giant Mario thing", Brock eating chicken noodle soup, and a guy named Bob. It ends with Little Miss Sunshine being eaten by a random guy.
- Even something as "ancient" as Ronin Warriors isn't immune. Case in point: Five Little Ronins and the Big Bad Talpha: "Talpa in a disco suit. Houses made of toothpicks, coral, and industrial strengh titanium steel. What more could you possibly want in a story?"
- Another Bleach fic/Affectionate Parody, And Thus Nothing is Sacred, in which "Once upon some time, there was a kingdom ruled by Queen Chizuru, who was in love with the fair maiden Orihime, who was straight. Unfortunately, hilarity would ensue in the worst ways possible..." as a plot crossover with Snow White, elements of Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh!, and no cellphone reception.
- Dorkly's Fan Fiction Dragon Ball Z. You have no idea what comes up with these guys' minds. Whoever made this does have something against Jason McNally though.
- Please Stop Eating The Hell Butterflies, a Bleach Fan Fic in list-type format depicting the many things Shinigami are not supposed to do.
- Three Thousand Four Hundred And Eighteen is an extremely bizarre Nanoha/Hellsing fusion by EarthScorpion.
- Behold, the Death Note parody of Onegai My Melody, appropriately named "Onegai Near Mellody".
- Code Geass: Awesome of the Rebellion turns into this past chapter 9, with Super Saiyan Communists and radiation-breathing sharks.
- Sexy Mens: Butler and Demon Lord is a parody of all yaoi fanfiction, Ouran Highschool Host Club, and Kuroshitsujii. Kyoya takes on a contract to have Sebastian as a servant (having the contractor's symbol tattooed on his ass) and matters escalate to sex at light speed. Includes Sebastian doing DDR, Kyoya streaking, countless yaoi jokes, many video game references, teabagging and other things with a ridiculous level of awesome. It also has what might be the best (and least sexy) yaoi scene ever written.
- "AND THEN HE STARTED DICKING BY PUTTING HIS DICK INTO THE DICKHOLE WHERE THE DICKS GO. DICKS FLAPPED EVERYWHERE, AND THERE WAS MORE GRUNTING AND GROANING THAN AT A WOMEN'S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TENNIS MATCH." And that's only the beginning...
- The Death Note fic A Charmed Life a Ryuk/Light romance.
Ryuk: It's... you know... lubricant—from the Shinigami world.
- Upset with how Even The Purest Light Creates A Shadow ended, Again A Fanfic Critic and his friend, RegretfullyYours, took it upon themselves to make their own ending that wrapped up as many loose ends as they can, all while incorporating their theories that they made during their riffing, such as Megidramon's appearance being hailed like he is Satan rising from hell, Shatora being revealed to be the spirit of drugs trying to get Davis to do drugs, and ending it with the Digimon and their Destined singing the Whoville Christmas anthem.
- Doing It Right This Time has been described as this by several commentators on the forum threads. Much to the consternation of its author, at that.
- In this fanfic, the cast of The Land Before Time encounter Soviet naval spetsnaz. Surprisingly, it occasionally verges on WAFF.
- Black and White. "You didn't know that Pongo was a were-hound, did you? Did you?!"
- Delivered From Frollo has Frollo bearing Chernabog's demon spawn after falling into Hell through the fiery pit.
- Mad Hotness Dog features Elsa of Frozen having sex with Napoleon I of France, before their lovemaking is rudely interrupted by Otto Von Bismarck, King Jadwiga of Poland, and King Louis XIV of France.
- There's a Titanic (1997)/Star Wars crossover on Fanfiction.Net. Oddly enough, it actually works.
- This "how it should have ended" clip combines Terminator and Back to the Future. It totally works.
- While it seems to have gone missing, three lines will convey it perfectly:
Vader: NO disintegrations!Boba Fett: As you wish.Vader: Westley!
- The Wizard of Oz 3: Dorothy Goes To Hell, an animated Fan Sequel to The Wizard of Oz and Return to Oz made by James Rolfe, in which Dorothy, accompanied by a talking feces-encrusted pickle, travels to Oz on a sandcrawler to take the Red Brick Road to Hell and stop Satan and his brother Lucifer before they can blow up the world with an evil cyborg version of Jesus. Yes, really.
- Someone made a trailer crossing The Hunger Games with The Hangover.
- Star Wars Light In Dark Time is a massive crossover fic, detailing Luke's adventures through multiple other film series, aided by the Doctor, Marty McFly and Doc Brown, and his friends. Filled with alternate timelines, fictional universes, cameos, and an insane shrek. In the first two chapters alone, one character dies three times.
- Alternity is an X-Men: Days of Future Past fic where all the ladies get thrown back into 1973 along with Logan, and toss a giant monkey-wrench into the plot. Highlights include the group attempting to kidnap Trask only to have another group grab him right out from under their noses, crouton-and-spider warfare, and a lethal drink called Vlad the Inebriator. It actually segues into a horror story halfway through, but retains plenty of crack.
- As a side effect of having such a large fandom, Harry Potter has more Crack Fics than you can shake a stick at.
- We simply cannot have a page about Crack Fics without mentioning the incomparable My Immortal.
- Harry Potter and the Eagle of Truthiness, by Christine Morgan. Hogwarts gets a new Defense Against the Dark Arks teacher: Professor Sir Dr. Stephen T. Colbert, D.F.A. Cannot be recommended highly enough. Everyone remains in character, especially Professor Colbert.
"One final question. Albus Dumbledore. Great Headmaster? Or... the greatest Headmaster?"
- On another Harry Potter note, Thirty Hs may be the only place you will ever see a single sentence contain the words "Dobby", "astronaut", and "groinsaw". It's the first sentence.
- The Misadventures of Draco Malfoy, Ferret Summary: Snape turns Draco into a ferret for his own protection. He would've been safer with the Dark Lord. Warnings: m'preg, multiple beastialities, and Gryffindors. This is a hilarious romp on the weird side of what happens when a half-baked plan and a little magic go horribly awry. Snape turned Draco into a female ferret by mistake. I'm sure you can guess what happens.
- The Torment of Love features Harry attempting to romance Hedwig, with dramatic results.
- Luna Lovegood and the Trip of Lust is about evil clones of Harry Potter characters created by Darkseid, Josef Stalin and Freddie Mercury with the sole purpose of raping Luna and all those around her. Also Luna is a pimp with a chain of brothels all over the world.
- What happens when you combine Harry Potter, Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson, a Historical-Domain Character count up the wazoo, spontaneous musical numbers, mpreg, gore, and political incorrectness that Crosses the Line Twice (but usually more than twice) in every chapter? Nymphadora Tonks Goes to Hell is what you get. And it is Crazy Awesome.
- Scorpius Malfoy and the Improbable Plot is a Harry Potter Next Gen Fic that could be (arguably) called canon/epilogue compliant. Harry takes his children and their friends back to school shopping in Diagon Alley and Hilarity Ensues among other things, including dimensional travel, goblin kidnapping and Hermione Lectures. Broccoli and the Art of Subterfuge, The Desk, Gossip Queens and Fathers of the Year are all one-shots that are related to incidents in the main story, and take place in the same insane parody of canon.
- Harry Potter, Transdimensional Guidance Counselor.
- Imma Wiserd. That is all.
- The utter hilarity that is Becoming Female.
- Harry Potrovski is a fanfic that makes Hogwarts a communist hellhole and Harry and his friends cannon fodder for a fictional third world war.
- Sphere of Influence. The Department of Mysteries attempts to recapture Harry after he is exposed to an experimental permanent luck potion. Told entirely in memo style.
- The Original Naked Quidditch Match is Exactly What It Says on the Tin. The Gryffindor quidditch team must play in the altogether. Told (almost) entirely in emails.
- Lily And The Art Of Being Sisyphus: In which Lily is not quite a normal little girl. The Dursleys always say she's a freak just like her freakish parents, her uncle Death seems to be convinced she's the grim reaper, and her ever political and invisible best friend Wizard Lenin just thinks she should take over the world. On top of all that the secret society of wizards think she's Jesus.
- Curious George Goes To Paris, much like My Immortal, deserves a page of its own.
- The Winnie-the-Pooh porn story (yes, really) Teddybear's Picnic is remarkably true to voice, not to mention very funny.
- There is a legend of Polish Internet in the form of Magical Adventures of Winnie the Pooh story cycle. The characters spend most of their time boozing cheap wines or whoring, Owl is a pedophile, Christopher Robin a Flamboyant Gay, Eeyore's real name is "Hannibal Lektor", and Piglet is proud to wield the longest member in the forest (which happens — the forest, not the member, duh — to be located somewhere in Poland, presumably east of Warsaw).
- Six Days The Animorphs Were Idiots, by one of the co-authors of Cinnamon Bunzuh! is an Animorphs fanfiction that features, among other things, Visser Three adopting cats, Cassie forming a whale-worshipping cult, and Rachel finally getting some much needed therapy. Notable for keeping everyone very much in character, despite the odd turn of events.
- Even her more "serious" fanfic edges into this, since they're all set in the same canon. For instance, The Other Attack (plot: the five highest-ranking Vissers are put up against a bunch of alien bandits) has such gems as Visser Three acting like a Tsundere for Visser One, Visser Two being a complete moron (Visser Three, no genius himself, repeatedly questions how Two outranks him), and Visser Five being obsessed with her host and daughter. Or consider the Controller Chronicles, a series of short fics about Human-Controllers and their Yeerks: half of them are quite serious, and the other half are basically efforts to make Chapman's life even more miserable.
- Twila the Girl Who Waz in Luv With a Vampyre and Forbiden Fruit: The Tempation of Edward Cullen are Twilight Troll Fics in the style of My Immortal.
- Hear Me Hodor is A Song Of Ice and Fire/ Game of Thrones crack fic, where Jaime Lannister and Hodor are forced to get married. Hodor is a giant, mute, ugly stupid stable hand who cannot speak, and Jaime is the strongest warrior in the realm. To add insult to injury, Hodor is actually Jaime's brother as well, in this fic. Furthermore, Hodor is absolutely and undyingly in love with Jaime, but the knight does not return his affection. Hodor won't take no for an answer. It includes many yaoi jokes, and his hilarious as hell.
- "In the Game of Thrones, you win or you die, but what happens if a giant, semi-mute dung shoveller grabs hold of you and forces you into a romantically suggestive dance with him? Out of winning and dying, Jaime supposed it was a damn slight closer to dying." - Jaime on Hodor forcing him into a tango.
- I, Scion, a Worm Self-Insert Fic by the author of Hope Comes to Brockton Bay and Security!. A fanfic writer ends up stuck in the head of Scion, and proceeds to solve all the problems in said universe in the most fun way possible.
- The X-Files fandom gives us the following:
- Counts of Blood, a crossover between Buffy the Vampire Slayer and The Muppets with Count von Count visiting his old friend The Master in Sunnydale. Let's just say that the Count is not entirely sane, nor is he kid-friendly. It's wonderful. If Sesame Street and The Muppet Show had never been aired, and the word "frog" swapped with, say, "reporter", it would be just another Buffy fic — albeit well written.
The Master frowned, moving towards his guest. "I have been trying to be a bit less excessive about object lessons this century. I don't want another mathematician like that fellow."One purple hand waved, and there smaller vampire shrugged. "I have medications for that now. There shouldn't be another situation like that as long as I take my pills. Thirty six little green pills for a twelve day visit.""Much better than three mathematicians in several hundred pieces," the Master shook his head."One mathematician, in one hundred and sewen boxes. With a diagram of where they all went," the Count corrected. "I let his assistant go."
- Series/Merlin fanfic A Very Hairy Situation. Gwaine's hair is so fabulous it has the power to turn people gay. And Arthur prances.
- A LOLcat comes to Torchwood in Trying to Communicate.
- Stargate Atlantis fandom has a thing about penguins, or more specifically, about turning its characters into penguins. John Sheppard, Rodney McKay, and Carson Beckett have all turned into penguins (the former two in multiple works). And then there was that time when McKay was a dinosaur. Or when Sheppard was a rainbow and McKay was a unicorn. Or the one where they were girl scout cookies. Socks. Ice cubes.
- The Fourth Wall series, a Supernatural Crack Fic that features Sam being sad because everyone's jumped on the Dean/Castiel bandwagon and no fanfiction is being written about him anymore, Dean finally realising that he does love that trenchcoat-wearing Angel, Castiel eating everything remotely sugary in sight and Lucifer playing poker for M&Ms. It's amazing.
- This story features Star Trek: The Next Generation's Enterprise being visited by The Muppets. It's just as strange as it sounds, but it WORKS. Mainly because it's Played for Laughs.
- Uh Oh Spagettio is a cracky Smallville fic involving Clark trying to find a "double bactrian camel". Yeah...
- The Kink Meme for the Sherlock fandom spawned a running joke that's managed to filter through into a number of non-crack fanfics regarding Anderson having an... interest in dinosaurs. Not as popular, but also present is the idea that John Watson is in love with jam, and that his character is made of kittens (more to do with the fact the actor that plays him is Martin Freeman).
- Of Love and Bunnies is a self-described "cleverly hidden Crack Fic" about the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and Power Rangers Dino Thunder. Surprisingly not as cracky as it could be, since the authors do a great job keeping people in character, but then they get to the Crack Pairing of Conner and Kat. Yes, the Cloudcuckoolander Red Ranger of PRDT and the Pink Ranger from MMPR, Zeo and Turbo, who is about five or six years older than him.
- Day of the Barney distinguishes itself from the typical anti-Barney & Friends fic with its insane premise of casting Barney as a villain hellbent on taking over the world... A demonic, immortal, genuinely terrifying and competent villain, we mean.
- This fic starts out with Penny of The Big Bang Theory killing her friends with a chainsaw. Then Barack Obama, ROBOBAMA 500 and communists show up. It must be read to be believed.
- Running Blind is a crossover between CSI and Danny Phantom. It is glorious.
- Downton Abbey and Zombies is Exactly What It Says on the Tin: the premise of The Walking Dead transplanted into the Downton Abbey universe, and it works. Elements of the TWD plotlines are worked into the fic, but they always make sense with the setting, and the author somehow manages to keep everyone in character while they deal with a zombie apocalypse.
- While some Territory Wars stay as true to what you would expect to see in any given promotion, there are some that end up this way. One has Ring of Honor taken over by Antonio Inoki, who turns it into a women's promotion, telling the men they'll still be booked but are no longer a priority. Then the first two men booked were ROH staples Hunico (he only showed twice before) and Chris Candido (who never wrestled for them).
- Even if some individual promotions are Original Flavor, Territory Wars as a whole still counts. If you don't know all the details, the ROH situation sounds possible even, if highly improbable. ROH's greatest rivals though, are TNA(Truth in Television), NWA(less true but possible), XPW(stretching), WCW(a temporal impossibility), the AWA(yeah), The International Home Wrecking Crew(unsigned but attack the roster anyway) and the WWF(F).
- The Mis Adventures Of Captain Charisma And The Viper: Captain Charisma has been captured by the super villain CM Punk and his nemesis turned ally, The Viper, must learn to cope with his absence.
- Destroy The Godmodder is one of the best examples of this trope. The entire game is one giant crossover, with many of the things summoned from parallel universes becoming far more powerful and, well, "cracky" the longer they stick around. If they stay as NPCs, they eventually may become unrecognizable from their canon version. It basically takes what The LEGO Movie did to the Lego franchise and multiplies it to the Nth degree. Examples:
- Pit the Angel:
- Canon: A flightless angel that fights to save the world from evil monsters from Greek mythology.
- Destroy the Godmodder: The wingless Minecraft avatar of said angel (this is actually Pit playing Minecraft, not just a Nintendo fanboy playing Minecraft), who likes to summon lots of robotic enemies from the Megaman franchise, wields lots of guns as well as more traditional weaponry, and possesses a gender-bending SCP bracelet-thing
- Pit the Angel:
- Tales of the Emperasque starts with the God-Emperor of Mankind stealing a body of a Tarrasque◊ ("I possessed a daemon"), then traveling all around the galaxy and delivering a righteous whoopass to anything that needs one. And it incorporates a whole lot of /tg/ canon, including notorious Love Can Bloom, kleptomaniac Blood Ravens and Pretty Marines.
- In these stories everyone from Warhammer 40,000 converts to Christianity and lives happily ever after.
- This Super Smash Bros. Melee fanfic very much, while also taking the trope literally: ":)))) btw im smokeing weed again and also doing little cocaine"
- Quote's Bad Hair Day: Rated R for Retelling of Cave Story. Easily the best Cave Story novelization of all time, but also the most hilariously fucked-up. It is absolute pure genius in general and is extremely reminiscient of Final Fantasy: The Short and Honest Version.
- This fic, featuring Wario and Waluigi going everywhere.
- This Castlevania crack fic pitches a transvestite Alucard fighting a dinosaur Dracula with a sudden appearance of characters from Sex and the City. Filled with non-sequitur's, pop culture references, self referencing humor and extensive commentary from the author.
- You may be unsurprised to find this. It is the greatest work of pornography ever written. About Tetris.
- This is about Tetris blocks... farting. And not much else.
- In M Is Bad, Mario gets drunk at a party then rapes Luigi.
- Cid Wars has the Cids from Final Fantasys 2-7 teaming up to stop the first Cid, cut from the first game, whose evil plot involves hypnotizing people with Pokémon and Hanson, and something about Kudzu.
- The strangest but most hilarious Silent Hill Crack Fic is Fic-inc.livejournal.com/407.html Pyramid Head becoming a fanfiction writer. No, really. Valtiel also becomes an effeminate gay man with a Nazi fetish, Heather decides to become a hardcore gangsta' while "Auntie Maria" becomes a zealous church go-er. Think you've had enough? Just wait until you meet the rest.
- The Not so Villainous Duo, a The Legend of Zelda Crack Fic where Ganondorf blackmails Vaati into stopping Link. They spend 17 chapters on increasingly random and failed attempts and eventually get defeated by Dark Link, who was hired to do so by the author
- SONIC HIGH SCHOOL is a High School A.U. Crack Fic/Troll Fic with Sonic the Hedgehog characters. It includes truckloads of Anatomically Impossible Sex, questionable grammar, really weird and frequent similes, and an extremely outrageous story.
- Lexaeus Loves Hot Topic, a Kingdom Hearts fanfic with appearances by Harry Potter characters. The already strange premise appears to be characters from the two franchises meeting in a normal, 21st-century American shopping mall. The execution, though, is what really sells it as Crack Fic, being a (to be very charitable) disjointed stream-of-consciousness narrative, eschewing typical structure in favor of imagery through disjointed phrases and occasional syntactic contradictions, such as a narrative sentence becoming dialogue halfway through. A descriptor might almost be My Immortal and Those Lacking Spines meet Finnegans Wake.
- Stray is relatively down to earth, apart from the homemade time machine, a rather trippy sequence in the afterlife, and the fact that it's all done in the service of an epic love affair between a character from the 1960s and a character from the 2000s who have no on-screen interactions in the source material.
- Reynaldo The Assassin is based upon The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind in the loosest possible way. Just read the page.
- The Hitchhikers Guide to the Stage of History, a Soul Series fanfic, is one of those rare well-written Crack Fics. It begins with Yoshimitsu being mistaken for Jesus, and ends with Setsuka trying to destroy the world with the Infinite Impobability Drive, and a climactic battle with CATS for no good reason.
- Make A Metal Gear, which is a Metal Gear Solid/Katamari Damacy crossover. And it makes sense.
- Once upon a time a fan challenged fanfic writers to write the craziest story that they could come up with so that he could post it on his site. The site is long gone, taking the stories with it. One of the stories was a little gem called Empire Evil, a cross between Resident Evil and Final Fantasy VI.
- Final Fantasy XVI: Revenge of the Fishglobe! — One review puts it this way: "Revenge of the Fishglobe is not intelligent, nor sophisticated, nor cleverly crafted. But silly and stupid as it is, I have seldom laughed more in any given 5 minutes than when I was reading this fic." The author himself puts it this way: "If this story makes any sense to you, you need serious professional help."
- So, so many Touhou doujins can fall under this trope. One particularly awesome example: Yukari Yakumo versus Yugi. Also, Yuuka versus Yukari. You'd think that someone who manipulates flowers can't win against a Reality Warper... but no, things doesn't go that way. Want to know how the battle ended? Yukari warps in a nuke on Yuka. And it didn't entirely work. It's only after Reimu threatened Yuuka to just goddamn stop already that Yuuka stopped, and even then only after Yukari had already surrendered. Also, Yuuka's backstory in this doujin is extremely disturbing (though the author did suggest that she was lying about her backstory).
- Most Garry's Mod videos tend to be pretty "out there", but Crispy Toast Productions' Misadventures of Sekai series is notable for throwing (out of all the anime out there) School Days into the mix, putting Sekai Saionji into crossovers with Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Grand Theft Auto IV, Super Mario Bros. and others.
- Dissidia: Final Fantasy, because of its nature as a Massively Multiplayer Crossover for the whole Final Fantasy multiverse, could count on its own as one of the "official examples" above... but the sequel (although plot-wise it's more of a prequel) has a "quest editor" mode, which, as you can guess, can allow the player to, technically, write his own fan-fic and then make it playable. Which, of course, is awesome. Until you take Sturgeon's Law into account, since it kicks in as soon as one of the first quests (if not the first) made for the game gets uploaded on Youtube, and then you find out that, in the uploader's own words, it's about Tifa's skirt.
- On the official Dwarf Fortress forums dwells a Crossover between Dwarf Fortress and Star Control II which purports to explain the origin of the "Adamantine Space Elevator" (a spike of adamantine ascending thousands of z-levels into the sky of one DF-generated world, probably due to an amusing Good Bad Bug). It's here.
- Doukutsu Days and its sequel, Cave Story fanfics that add nonsensical plot points at every turn. For one, Quote starts talking.
- Iji is this to the video game of the same name. Various crossover madness and silly things happening here and there, Gurren Lagann-grade Hot Bloodedness, mad science... and we're still waiting for the kitchen sink.
- Omake started out as an attempt to be serious, but when a joke at the end of the first chapter takes on with fans on deviantART, the entire fanfic got a whole new makeover in storytelling style. Now instead of an AU of Final Fantasy Dissidia where the Ivalice from Final Fantasy Tactics has representatives, every character is whisked away to a very, VERY crack-induced Ivalice that makes absolutely no sense. Includes a Nyan cat cosplaying Squall Leonheart summoning a TOASTER shaped like a Jumbo Cactuar that shoots waffles and burritos. And that's just the tip of the iceberg...
- Zombie Madness! is a Mario fic that features a crap ton of gore, love triangles, insanity, stupidity, characters acting OOC, and even more insanity.
- Super Mario Bros Dark Horizon. Also known as the only fan game which has Adolf Hitler and the Nazis invading the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario trying to stop them with power ups and Mario physics, Mario driving tanks around and shooting the heck out of everything, Osama Bin Laden as a boss in an area based off Afghanistan... and Hitler turning Super Saiyan with the power of super science/magic! Find it here.
- Similarly, Super Mario Bros The Revenge of the Walrus could probably count here too. Evil walruses (from Mario's Wacky Worlds) invade the Mushroom Kingdom and it's up to Mario to stop them by answering quiz questions, exploring an insane drug trip filled with cheesy clip art and fighting an evil walrus king that turns into a tank while One Winged Angel from Final Fantasy VII plays in the background. And Hitler's a secret boss.
- Paranoia Hides In Every Corner, is a parody of the Pikmin 2 story. It contains Olimar as a Sir Swears-a-Lot character and a cannibal, Louie a Too Dumb to Live and Emo character, and the President even worse than him in stupidity, who Olimar and Louie later kills and Olimar eats up. There are also three pikmin along the way; A stupid Gass Hole purple pikmin named Klutzy, an Ax-Crazy yellow pikmin named Picky and the Only Sane Man blue pikmin Cam. The story is so bizarre and random that you will most likely want to restore your sanity with Shakespearean literature. According to the author, it was intentional.
- Cave Story Versus IM Meen, which is somehow both a Spiritual Successor and a Spiritual Antithesis to Doukutsu Days, starring poor, poor Jack as the main protagonist. In this story, I. M. Meen invades the Cave Story universe and completely fucks things up beyond proportions. In the first of the two parts of the story, he even literally writes a fanfic about the main characters inside of the fanfic, driving Jack completely insane in the process, and he doesn't even stop there. This story has to be seen in order to be believed.
- This is... something. Probably. It's in the Ivy the Kiwi? section, but has pretty much nothing to do with the game, instead starring a dinosaur who eventually becomes a 'male stripper'.
- Similarly, this purports itself as, not only a Super Mario Bros. fan fic, but as a Hurt/Comfort Fic starring King Boo and Prof. E. Gadd from Luigi's Mansion, and yet has nothing to do with Super Mario Bros. at all, up to and including the absence of both King Boo and Prof. E. Gadd. However, the actual story, if you can call it that, is a bit cracky, despite not being an actual fanfic. It's about an alien who disguises himself as a human. He looks perfectly human, except he has a green spot on his butt. The end.
- Soul Embrace, a Soul Series fic in which everything Edge has done- all his killing and attempts to cause the apocalypse- was to force his ex-girlfriend to talk to him again.
- Pong fanfiction is this by default. Yes, it exists.
- To The Next Level is about Sonic and a genderbent Shadow having sex...in the most innocent ways possible.
- Many The Order of the Stick crack pairings. Yes, the same thread that spawned this one. Redcloak and Vaarsuvius having an affair that ends with a love child? It works.
- It's an unwritten rule that Penny and Aggie fanfic should be Crack Fic; at the very least, very few serious fics exist among ideas like Camp Gay Fred being the sole survivor of a Zombie Apocalypse and Put on a Bus Jerk Jock Rich falling in love with him. Or Cyndi and Charlotte admitting and consummating their love in a women's prison.
- Digimon Resumido is an alternative interpretation for Digimon Adventure.
- Toho Kingdom Toons: Well, aside from the obvious fact that the premise is based around Godzilla characters acting like humans, the show, especially recently, has gotten insane. Among other things, Gabara wears a Emperor Palpatine cloak and is a bumbling Cloudcuckoolander, Gabara and Monster X are movie critics, Godzilla is Happily Married to Cthulhu, Spacegodzilla hosts a talk show, there's a flying pirate ship called the S.S. Bootylicious, and Biollante fights Katz Kandy in space with a reference to LOLCats. Yes, I shit you not.
- The web series School of Thrones, which asks the question: "What if A Song of Ice and Fire were a teenage drama series about cliques battling it out in high school to decide who became prom king and queen?" It even has a pen-and-paper version of the show's famous intro sequence. Hipster!Starks and Nerdy!Stannis ensues.
- This is a collection of Avatar: The Last Airbender Crack Fics; some work, some don't.
- The Transformers Animated Crack Fic You Never ARGH WHAT AM I WEARING? featured Starscream having sex with Blitzwing, a character with multiple personalities. Blitzwing was wearing high heels, fishnet tights, and a thong all through the fanfic. What made the fanfic even more crack was finding out which personality was really in charge when it started.
- Beast Wars has its own Crack Fic in Beast Wars: Make it Real Big. Optimus Primal evolves into Rapidash, Cheetor dies but continues to contribute to the dialogue via gas emissions and the character of Airazor turns out to be a cleverly disguised "Airazor Bomb."
- Osama's Last Stand by Fireand'chutes777 is one of those rare examples of a Crack Fic done right. The basic premise is simple: Action Girl heroine Kim Possible is called in by President Bush after Al-Qaeda attacks America on April 23rd, 2007 to kick aforementioned terrorist organization to the curb (hence the title). It should be an exaggerated stream of Girl Power and Eagleland patriotism, it should have terrible grammar and be wrapped up in one chapter, it should spit in the face of basic physics, but what happened instead was a 128,000 word novel that would not look out of place at all in a book store with the name Tom Clancy printed in big bold letters on the front (ironic in that the author hadn't even touched a Tom Clancy book until he was done with the third story in his series). Even though the author himself admits the reader needs to apply a healthy dose of Willing Suspension of Disbelief to get past some of the set-up, once one does it's a very enjoyable story for any technothriller fan.
- Slave Bear of Care-A-Lot is Care Bears BDSM/non-con porn. It's as well-written as one could expect it to be, as is all the best Crack Fic.
- William Country of Total Drama fanworks is a literal Crack Fic in that the animator reportedly did drugs while making it. The plot itself is fairly straightforward (although it does involve a character in a relationship with an Original Character who looks like himself), but there are countless unusual moments, related to the plot or otherwise, and bizarre background events (such as a bunch of buses flipping around while Chris is narrating). All in all, it's somewhat surreal. It's also notable for being the first — and so far, possibly only — full length Fan Film of Total Drama, measuring at about ninety minutes should you combine all its parts together. That is, if you can find all the parts, as often times they get taken down after being uploaded.
- This series of Danny Phantom fics have their own titles, but are generally known as The Crack. That's right, it's a Crack Fic actually called The Crack. It takes one of the show's least reasonable pairings, brutally "forces them together", and throws in mpreg to boot. Surprisingly, this is considered one of the best fics in the fandom—all 102 chapters of it.
- Bart The General, a nonsensical quartet of The Simpsons videos where Toadfish from Neighbors crosses over and Marge cheats on Homer with him. The first episode is straightforeward, if having Deranged Animation, but subsequent episodes show more of the city (renamed from Springfield to Duckberg), and showcase that it's nothing like Simpsons at all. The third episode is complete and utter Mind Screw that hops from one subject to another and seems to have characters getting in and out of situations with no explanation given.
- Iron Man: Kindergarten Adventures is proclaimed by the author to be crack, probably because the West Virginia Mothman becomes central to the plot in the last chapter.
- Horny Lil Devils takes the Horny Devils trope and applies it to the entire cast of Kim Possible. Notable for keeping the characters recognizable while totally ignoring everything in canon (chapter five is titled: "Punching Canon in the Throat). It's utterly hysterical from start to finish. Too bad it seems to be a Dead Fic, though.
- The Total Drama Island fanfic Illogical is an interesting example because it takes place inside Izzy's mind (which is saying a lot) and the Crack Pairing is between two of her personalities.
- Beating the Heat: The main (sorry, mane) characters of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic go into an Element of Harmony-induced heat... and surprisingly it doesn't devolve into a porn story. Instead the plot is focused around the six mares (and soon everypony else) resisting their urges long enough to stop the heat before it spreads through every pony in the land, including the two princesses, and the entire world ends in one massive orgy. What sex does happen is generally not referenced explicitly and played thoroughly for laughs; the story instead focuses on the absurdity of the situation.
- Of Cartoons, Randomness, and Beef Jerky: This story involves Dora the Explorer teaming up with characters such as Winnie-the-Pooh, Phineas and Ferb, and Tinker Bell and going to visit Hello Kitty's house for some beef jerky. Among other things, it's Reference Overdosed, Barney is hit by a roller coaster, a Yandere Isabella appears, and Kenny dies. It's actually pretty funny and worth reading.
- The Many Secret Origins of Scootaloo: This story manages to crack over 20 Crack Fics into a single story. The premise is that Twilight Sparkle has decided to find out the origin of a filly named Scootaloo. Cue nearly every character on the show, from her best friends to the rulers of Equestria telling their own Crack Fic about Scootaloo. The origins include Scootaloo being a Michael Westonese spy, Equestria's version of Kamen Rider, a Dr. Seuss character, John Connor, and a Disney Princess. The bridging story is just as bad: Twilight adopted a Dalek named Rollypolly, Princess Cadence caused a hockey game to be called off due to "orgy", Discord sang "Call Me Maybe" with Deadpool and the author himself, Rarity rapped and made herself look like Snooki, Princess Luna thought Twilight was her baby and put her in a diaper, Shining Armor sang The Lonely Island songs, and Fluttershy frenched Twilight in an attempt to save her life.
- Daring Do and the Jungle of Terror. It's like a Troll Fic, but passed through the /mlp/ section of 4chan, and then shat out. It was compiled into a paperback "novella", and is for sale on Amazon with all proceeds going to charity.
- This extremely short My Little Pony fanfic. Interestingly enough, the author admits that he wrote the story at 2 AM on an iTouch while on painkillers. So yes, it was made on drugs.
- The Son of the Emperor is not only a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Equestria-on-earth story... it's also a biopic of the childhood life of Napoleon II. Written by a guy simply known as No More Sanity. You heard right.
- Bring Me All Your Elderly. After watching their live action adaptation, and finding it wanting, the Gaang decide to enter the movie-verse and fix it by giving their live action counterparts Character Development. It eventually ends with Zuko reading the entire story on Mai's iPad, Aang getting drunk on cactus juice, Movie!Katara and Movie!Zuko having a make-out session, half the cast getting a diseases that causes them to speak in long, redundant sentences that are needlessly long and movie!Aang fighting M. Night Shyamalan to prevent him from making the sequel.
- 3/4 of Hitler, wherein three quarters of Adolf Hitler gets reincarnated in Ponyville and immediately gets his shit ruined by the Mane 6.
- Let's Die! is about the Invader Zim gang attempting to commit suicide in various ways...and weirdness/hilarity ensues.
- Everything by fanfiction author malkshake. Everything.
- Stop Bugging Me, Dib-Pig, an Invader Zim fanfic. There is no plot. It's just...crazy, insane, non-sensical, every sense of the word imaginable.
- Of Ponies, Parrots and Other Things is this, due to how the story is written: The first chapter is relatively normal. However, chapter 1 got pasted into the Bonsai Story Generator along with some unrelated text, and chapter 2 is based on some of the sentences that were generated using that text (with some of the generated sentences being used word-for-word). Subsequent chapters are written using a similar method. Since the generator mostly produces nonsense, the story quickly devolves into parrot staring contests, surreal dreams and Rainbow Dash turning into a bird.
There was a submarine in the sky. Spreading great bat wings, it flapped a mighty flap... or at least, as mighty as a submarine could manage. Since submarines don't normally fly, it was still pretty impressive.
- Some of the fics listed here. A few of them are already listed on this page.
- This bad boy, in which Stephen Colbert leaves a fork in the microwave, goes back in time, and makes Adolf Hitler fall in love with him.
- On the same page as Nazi fan fictions, there is a rare historical Crack Fic on the internet about a paring between a Mary Sue type character and Josef Mengele. Let that sink in for a while. A story full of IKEA Erotica featuring a mutant Mary Sue and Josef Mengele.
- This generator tends to come up with these. For instance:
This fanfic is about the casts of Sesame Street and Neon Genesis Evangelion. Important to the plot: The Chrono Trigger.This fanfic is about Tony the Tiger (Frosted Flakes commercials) fighting Cybermen with an army of clones.This fanfic swaps Kaho (Cardcaptor Sakura) and Dark Helmet (Spaceballs). Important to the plot: The Eye of Autochthon.
- From a similar generator comes this challenge:
- You're a Real Tiger, Crackle. A legendary cereal-box mascot Slash coupling of Tony the Tiger and Crackle (of Rice Krispies fame) that was clearly written on a dare, and then only for the rude punchline.
- Pedobear Gets Horny is a fic about Pedobear violating Justin Bieber.
- This pairs Macklemore with Maximilien Robespierre. This has got to be the most random pairing in all of fanfiction history.
- In general, any Youtube Poop that has an actual plot.
- One of the most famous examples of this is the 20+ minute long YTP The Nightmare Before Christmas Who Skellingtons Revenge by MoBrosStudios, which starts off with typical YTP silliness but suddenly switches to Spongebob, Patrick, Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy, the Team Fortress 2 mercs, and Fluttershy fighting to save Christmas from Jack Skellington and the Eldritch Abomination he summoned.
- Wikizilla Roleplay is an interesting one where everything makes much more sense in context. The roleplay is centered around mostly the Godzilla franchise, but happens to have blended a shitton of other ones as well.
- There are, however, crack RPs, which are weird even by the standards of WZRP. A notable example of this would be Giant Naked Super Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann humping the moon and turning everyone into liquified bacon. It ended with Mothra Leo hitting the Reset Button, making the entire sequence non-canon.