Also known simply as "Ifi's Fanfiction," Six Days the Animorphs Were Idiots
is an Animorphs
fanfic revolving around a few particularly silly Running Gags
from Cinnamon Bunzuh!
, the review series that Ifi co-authors. It starts with Visser Three bringing a cat back to the Blade Ship, and gets weirder from there.
Now concluded, and with a sequel series, The Other Attack
A new series The Nahara Chronicles
focusing on Visser Five's backstory is also now concluded.
This series provides examples of:
- Babies Ever After: Rachel is against this plan.
- Badass Princess: Upon discovering that Andalite females are not allowed to join the military (which means she probably won't get the rank of war-princess), Rachel starts insisting on being referred to as Princess Rachel-Naomi-Berenson. With dashes. Ax goes along with it, since she is in therapy, and he doesn't want to upset her psyche any more than it already is.
- Benevolent Boss/Reasonable Authority Figure: Visser Five. In addition to being a member of the Yeerk Peace Movement, she notes that she is much loved by her subordinates simply because she doesn't eat them.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: makes for a frequent source of humor.
- Born in the Wrong Century: Rachel thinks she'd make a great Spartan.
- Cerebus Syndrome: Takes on a noticeably more serious tone (and a cohesive plot, for that matter,) after they leave for the Andalite homeworld.
- Continuity Nod: But of course. The "DNA allergy" thing comes up when Visser Three acquires a new morph. When he becomes aware of his condition, he's more surprised that it hasn't happened before, considering the number of morphs he has.
- Crack Fic: It starts out this way, but suddenly gets more serious.
- Crazy Cat Yeerk: Visser Three has ten. Plus tigers. Then he tries to adopt "Fluffer Mc Kitty."
- False Flag Operation: Visser Five attempts to invert this, by sending faked broadcasts suing for peace to both the Andalites and the Yeerks. It doesn't work.
- Well, everyone in power figures out the broadcasts were fakes after a few hours/days, but the peace still goes through anyway because there's so much popular demand on both sides.
- Fix Fic: Takes place between books 28-29, and ends the war early, preventing Jake's mental breakdown, Rachel's death, and Ax's assimilation by The One.
- A Good Name for a Rock Band: "Baby Goes to Z-Space."
- Insectoid Aliens: Visser Five's host body resembles a giant phasmid.
- Leeroy Jenkins: The plan? Morph elephant, smash up everything, and grab dessert, according to Rachel. Though the rest of the group is forced to default to the old Indy Ploy often enough, as well.
- It took Rachel hours to come up with that plan. Fans are divided on whether that means she spent hours going "Morph... something... maybe smash... or something?" or whether it was just hours of internal debating between "Morph elephant, smash everything" and "Morph grizzly, smash everything."
- Love Makes You Crazy: Well, crazier, in Visser Three's case.
- Mushroom Samba: The weird cloud things on the cover of every book are explained as due to Marco taking acid. Why he was taking acid is not explained.
- Non-Mammal Mammaries: discussed by Ax and Tobias. While Andalites qualify as mammals as far as aliens go due to placental births and fur, they eat with their feet, so if a female Andalite isn't wearing a shirt... well, Ax doesn't see a problem.
- Obviously Evil: Visser Three's evil aura is lampshaded and mocked.
- Running Gag: Meta-wise, a number of jokes from the review series (Visser Three being a crazy cat lady, Jesus Whale...) are plot points in the fanfic.
- In the fic itself, there's the "pantsless disease," which sprung from a bit of quick-thinking on Ax's part to explain Marco's Mushroom Samba on the Blade Ship.
- Sailor Earth: Visser Five, who is currently in charge of the Yeerk invasion of the Andalite homeworld.
- Scars Are Forever: Subverted. Due to the morphing technology, the badass scars Visser Three got from a tiger will be healed quickly, which annoys him to no end. He was hoping to impress Visser One with them.
- Shipping: In addition to the canon Rachel/Tobias and Jake/Cassie ships, there's some hilarious Visser One/Visser Three shipping going on. The entire reason Visser Three started collecting cats is because of a bad date with Visser One.
- There Are No Therapists: Averted. Rachel gets a Chee therapist to help work through her issues. Not much luck so far, though.