Fan Fic: Takamachi Nanoha Of 2814
is just your regular 9-year-old girl
in Uminari City. But one day, she hears a mysterious voice in her head, while holding a green ring in her hand....Shadow Crystal Mage
's Takamachi Nanoha of 2814
is a Lyrical Nanoha Mega Crossover
with Superman: The Animated Series
and the rest of the DC Animated Universe
, Sailor Moon
, Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA
, Cardcaptor Sakura
, Gate Keepers
, and a lot of other stuff. It can be found here.
Companion pieces include: Kinomoto Sakura of 2814
and FATE: Holy Grail War of 2814
, as well as a oneshot We Are The Gate Keepers
, all of which are complete.
The story is complete, but a sequel, Takamachi Nanoha of 2814 LeaguerS
, has been started.The 2814 universe now has its own wiki, under construction.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Abnormal Ammo: Tactical atomic bullets.
- Actual Pacifist: Poor Sakura-chan.... Kaede had to calm her down after the whole Wolkenritter vs Everyone thing.
- Adaptational Badass: Tuxedo Kamen, Tomoyo.
- Anything That Moves: Caster-Hayate, according to Archer.
- According to Hayate, Archer's romantic situation might as well qualify him for this. Not surprising, considering who he is...
- Arc Words: "All according to plan." It gets sort of annoying after a while, since no one ever really explains what the plan is. But Archer, Caster-Hayate, Berserker and Chao Lingshen are all in on it... somehow...
- Arch-Enemy: Green Lantern-chan's arch enemy is Sinestro. He honestly finds it embarrassing that his greatest enemy who has defeated him in the past is a 10-year old girl.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Nanoha did this to Precia, kinda.
"Precia Testarossa, you are under arrest for multiple counts of child abuse, negligence, and being a BAD MOTHER!" Green Lantern cried. "Oh, and the TSAB, the JSDF and Oa want to talk to you about reckless use of Lost Logia, destruction of public property and illegal research or something. And we'll probably give you medical attention somewhere along the way, because we're nice. But we'll be surly about it!"
- And Fate tries to do it to Vita:
"I am this girl's friend," Fate said softly, the way a blade on a velvet sheath is soft. "I am one who owes her my life, and my soul, and my freedom. TSAB temporary mage, Fate Testarossa. And by my authority, you are under arrest for assault, destruction of private property, vandalism, disturbance of the peace, and being a bloody nuisance. If you do not resist, you will be granted the chance to plead in you own defense." Fate's form shifted, becoming more belligerent. "Please resist."
- And in the battle against the Book of Darkness:
It was Sakura who'd cast the spell, Rin's sister Sakura, floating above them all, clad in the black of the Noble Phantasm Armor of Darkest Night, a dark purple triangular glyph glowing beneath her. "Book of Darkness!" she cried. "For putting innocents in danger!"
"For threatening our world!" Eternal Sailor Moon cried.
"For making me miss my sitcoms!" the red-headed sword-wielding Ala Alba cried. There were several hisses of outrage from the Senshi. Sailor Mercury sighed.
- Attack Its Weak Point: The Invaders can be destroyed completely by attacking its core. However, finding the core by itself is no easy task.
- Ax-Crazy: Tsukuyomi, of course. Just like dear old Dad.
- Badass: Forget the cake, the whole damn bakery goes to Tomoyo. She had Deathstroke, David Cain, Tatsumiya Mana, Deadshot, Tsukuyomi and Lady Shiva as her teachers and she has them on her payroll...
- Badass Boast: Yue, of all people, gets one:
- In one of the possible futures, Vivio gets one:
"Sacred Heart! Raging Heart! Bardiche! Reinforce! SET UP! Come at me, abominations! I am Vivio of the Justice League, last of the Green Lantern Corps! I am the Saint King! I am the Torchbearer! I am Ion, daughter of heroes! Look at me and know your doom! My counter-attack begins now!"
- Badass Cape: Tuxedo Kamen's cape, which can also function as a weapon.
- Badass Creed: Nanoha's transformation aria has taken a level in Badass:
"I am the one who has been given a mission. Under the contract, release these powers. The winds are in the sky, the stars are in the heavens, the light is in my hands and the power is in my heart! And I shall shed my light over dark evil, for the dark things cannot stand the light, the light of the Green Lantern! Raging Heart Emerald Excelion, Set Up!"
"Magical Girl Green Lantern, Zenryoku Zenkai! Ready for action!"
- Plus there's the Wolkenritter's oath:
“In days of peace, in times of war,
Protect our Queen forever more!
The five Clouds stand, we are her Knights!
To guard Hayate, our delight!”
- Then there are the rest of the Lantern oaths. Apparently, while Larfleeze is still Agent Orange and the Indigo Tribe is still in charge of the Compassion part of the spectrum, the other four Corps are started by other anime characters rather than aliens, with oaths adjusted accordingly. They are, in order:
- The Crimson Agency oath implied to include Negi Springfield in its ranks, if not as the founder!:
"With blood and rage of crimson red,
Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead!
Together with my hellish hate,
none other shall share in my fate!"
- The Blue Angel oath which is shaping up to have been founded by Kinomoto Sakura:
"In fearful day, when without light…
With my heart full, my soul ignites!
When all seems lost, and black as night,
look to her star, for Hope burns bright…"
- The Star Sapphire Oath (unchanged but still badass) of which Tomoyo is a member:
"For hearts long lost and full of fright,
For those alone in blackest night,
Accept our ring and join our fight -
Love conquers all - with violet light!"
- And the oath of the Order of Fate Testarossa!:
"In blackest day, in endless night…
We turn our fears into our light!
Let all who wish to do what's right…
Join HER order, make tomorrow bright!"
- And now the oath of the White Lanterns, who seem to have Tuxedo Kamen as a member going by the ring of the Earth King:
"The Brightest Day is on the rise
The light shall soar as darkness flies.
We guard all life from evil's blights.
Destiny awaits! Shine, White Knights!"
- Also the aria for Archer's Reality Marble, Unlimited Blade Works, which shared by at least three characters:
- Archer And at some point, Berserker using Archer Class Card and infected Shamal using Book of Darkness
"I am the bone of my sword, steel is my body, and fire is my blood, I have created over a thousands blades! Unaware of loss, not aware of gain, withstood pain to create many weapons! I have no regrets, this the only path for a hero! My whole life was... UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS!!"
- Sakura Matou aka. Broken-Chan
"I am the core of my sword, strong is my body, magic is my blood, I wield over a thousand spells! Unknowing to despair, unyielding to surrender, I have withstood solitude in defiance of darkness! And yet these hands shall never cease learning.... And thus I create, my UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS!!"
- Badass Normal: Tuxedo Kamen. He didn't have the ability to fly but he still managed to give Signum a headache.
- Tomoyo-chan and her bodyguard squad.
- Most definitely Cassandra
Cain Doe. A non-magical human whose only power is having gone through Training from Hell, and she beats the hell out of Vita.
- Berserk Button: Do not remind Sailor Pluto that Pluto is no longer a planet...
- Big Brother Mentor: Superman to Nanoha.
- Blatant Lies: "It's partial amnesia. Emphasis on partial."
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: It's happened so often that the characters actually want the Wall fixed.
- Busman's Holiday: Superman laments that this happens to him whenever he takes a vacation somewhere other than Smallville. Batman refuses to believe that the 'vacation curse' is real, so he takes a vacation in Japan and makes it a Busman's Holiday on purpose.
- Batman just planned on beating up petty criminals, and to someone who deals with the likes of The Joker, that is a vacation. Of course, he then ends up involved in the Holy Grail War, proving that You Can't Fight Fate.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: Mind you, Nanoha doesn't need to do this, but she's so ingrained with Magical Girl customs that she does so anyway.
- Calling Your Attacks: Done religiously by everyone, and spoofed on at least one occasion by Tuxedo Kamen:
Tuxedo Kamen: Manhole Cover!
- The Cameo: More than you can possibly imagine. Some later pan out into full crossovers, while others just appear for a few lines to say hi. It isn't even limited to anime, or even to narrative storytelling. Astronauts from the Discovery Channel's The World Is Just Awesome spot show up briefly, for example.
- Catch Phrase: "TV Tropes, dattebayo!" mainly comes up in the author's notes, but some characters say it in-story.
- Also, Larfleeze's "Mine!" keeps coming up.
- The Cavalry / Big Damn Heroes: Several times. The first comes during Darkseid's invasion of Uminari, when Nanoha realizes she's not alone.
- When Nanoha got attacked by the Wolkenritter, Ring-chan calls for help. It's responded to by Ala Alba, Illya and Miyu, the Sailor Senshi, Sakura and Superman. In a subversion, this actually makes the situation worse, since this is giving the Wolkenritter exactly what they want - a lot of people with magical power to drain - and their poor teamwork results in Negi and Eternal Sailor Moon getting drained.
- When the Wolkenritter attacked Sakura, Vita is goaded by Tomoyo into saying "You and What Army?"; Tomoyo's Bodyguard Squad (along with Deathstroke, Deadshot, David Cain, and Lady Shiva!) promptly pulls this off.
- When Usagi got cornered by Vita, she manages to buy time with ice cream (It Makes Sense in Context) and Sailor Jupiter is finally able to pull this.
- Chainsaw Good: One of Yuuno's ring constructs is a rain of chainsaws. One of Nanoha's ring constructs is Bruce-kun, a large shark with chainsaws for teeth.
- The Chosen Many: The Magical Girl Alliance. Until now no one's taken the time to seek them out and exchange cell phone numbers. Also inverted, the newest and youngest magical girl (i.e. Nanoha) is the one to create the organization.
- Church Militant: Arguably Tomoyo, the founder of Sakura-ism.
- The Wolkenritter are also very fanatical when it comes to Hayate.
- Combining Mecha: The heroes resort to this against a Godzilla-shaped Invader, because Green Lantern-chan's psyche is conditioned to believe that Godzilla is unbeatable.
- Comes Great Responsibility: ...and paperwork. Granted, it becomes a plot point at certain moments.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: The Wolkenritter are sentenced to fill out all of Green Lantern's paperwork (And there's 500+ forms)... in triplicate.
- Cool Versus Awesome: From the FATE: Holy Grail War of 2814 sidestory, Kuro's Unlimited Blade Works versus Servant Assassin Winter Knight's Zombie Tyrannosaurus Rex Noble Phantasm.
- The Corruption: Downloading Kotomine's Heart of Pure Evil (TM) into the Book of Darkness after it was damaged by Asuna seems to have some adverse impacts on the Wolkenritter.
- Could Have Avoided This Plot: Before giving his Linker Core to the Wolkenritter, Archer explains that, yes, all the enemies they faced before would have gladly given their own Linker Cores without resistance if they had acted more diplomatically and explained everything before resorting to violence.
- Covert Pervert: Fate does not look at girl porn and does not fantasize about Nanoha in a Naked Apron.
- Crack Fic: Gee, should we start with the Guardians watching reality TV, Tomoyo as a distaff counterpart of Lex Luthor, or general weirdness of Nanoha's missions?
- At some point, the fic began taking itself more seriously. The author actually laments the fact that most readers still categorize it as Crack Fic.
- Somehow, it manages to be a serious crack fic. Without actually reading the story, it's hard to understand.
- Crazy-Prepared: By law, all Japanese schools must have an 'infiltrated by the forces of evil' drill in addition to standard fire drills. It comes in handy more often than it should.
- Darker and Edgier/Lighter and Softer: Paradoxically, both at once. Intersecting with Fate/stay night and Gate Keepers makes the Nanoha A's plotline grimmer, but the Fate plotline is made much lighter from crossing over with more idealistic series like Lyrical Nanoha, Negima, and the Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA continuity.
- Death Is Cheap: Referenced.
"I am going to die a virgin," Tuxedo Kamen said, then added conscientiously, "Again.
- Deliberately Cute Child: Tomoyo, and she's extremely good at it.
- Delicious Distraction: Ice cream is really tasty. Too tasty, perhaps.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Tomoyo is one of the few employers available to ninjas; in fact, she's listed between every other option.
- Similarly, swords are listed between every other item in Archer's section of the Book of Darkness.
- Door Stopper: Nanoha's weekly reports to Oa tend to be these. It's not unheard of for them to top 500 pages.
- Dragged into Drag: After 3-A learns that Green Lantern thinks that Negi is a girl, they start stealing his clothing and replacing them with girl's outfits.
- The Dreaded: Nanoha apparently becomes this in the future. Tomoyo counts already, if Kuro's reaction to meeting her in Unequally Rational And Emotional is anything to go by. Then there's Evangeline especially. Nanoha herself is so terrified of Eva that merely hearing her name causes her to have a Heroic BSOD.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Shown several times during the series, regarding a horrible scenario where Sailor Pluto had to sacrifice herself. It was Kinomoto Sakura's dream. Probably induced by the Spectre/Alicia Testarossa.
- Drowning My Sorrows: Sailor Pluto really hasn't taken the demotion of Pluto to a Dwarf Planet well...and it's treated as comedy. Once they get her off the bottle, though, she becomes a Lady of War to compensate.
- Empathic Weapon: Special mention to Ring-chan, the first and only Power Ring to develop his/her own consciousness among all the Corps' Power Rings. It seems to have issues with Raging Heart...
- Erotic Eating: Vita eating ice cream for the first time is rather disturbingly suggestive.
- Everyone Can See It: Fate's attraction to Nanoha.
Asuna: Anyone else see a distinct resemblance to Konoka and Setsuna in Green Lantern-chan and her friend?
Asuna: Just making sure.
- Everythings Better With Chocolate: Chocolate Overkill Omnicides. Poor Vita....
- Frickin' Laser Beams: Lex-Blaster 500.
- Fridge Logic: Used in-universe. The heroes deduce how long the villains have been on earth via exploring the Fridge Logic of a reference to This Very Wiki. If they found that particular page, it means that they've found the site and been on it for a while, which means that they've been surfing the internet, which means they've been here long enough to have plenty of free time... GET BACK TO WORK, GIRLS!
- Future Badass: Archer, of course, in more ways than usual. For one, he seems to have about three dozen more IQ points than Shiro. He frequently expresses astonishment at how much of a useless idiot he was back in the day.
- The Caster of Fate/Zero, Hayate Yagami. Sakura's symbiosis with Reinforce handily shows how powerful the Book of Darkness is, but Kotomine's dark copy of Hayate demonstrates exactly how absurdly powerful one can get when one can combine the powers of Negi, Nanoha, Archer, the Sailor Senshi, and many others.
- Genre Savvy: Batman decides not to "visit" Mahora Academy because the universe said not to.
- Additionally, everybody knows how often ninjas end up dealing with tentacle monsters. This one zigzags between accurate savvy and Wrong Genre Savvy.
- As of Chapter 25, Ilya has this in spades.
- Gondor Calls for Aid: Chapter 7:
"Attention, this is an automated message. Green Lantern is under attack, condition severe. Assistance is required. Response?"
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: Alisa in Chapter 26. Even the Book of Darkness doesn't believe her.
- Hearing Voices: comes up often as a Running Gag that starts with how it's a perfectly normal day and ends with someone hearing voices in their head.
- Heroic Willpower: One of Berserker's Noble Phantasms is Oath Against All Evil, which enables him to control his Servant-class power and mind. Anyone familiar with Fate/stay night knows how destructive and uncontrollable the Berserker class is.
- Horrifying the Horror: The reaction of 99% of Arkham to Joker's Family Christmas.
- I Regret Nothing: Chamo, after looking up the skirts of the Magical Girl Association.
- It Runs in the Family: The Joker's homicidal mania and tendency to sexualize his obsession with nemeses are heritable, even if his particular idiosyncrasies aren't.
- Nanoha's obliviousness seems to be hereditary too. It's even discussed near the end of Chapter 28.
- Jurisdiction Friction: When Chrono tries to assert himself as an official of the Time Space Adminstration Bureau, Nanoha, as the local official of the Green Lantern Corps, puts a quick end to it.
- Kid-anova: Negi, who has finally gotten Genre Savvy about it and begun to use it to his advantage.
"Oh, crap," [Chisame] whispered. "He's hit puberty! We're all doomed!"
- Lady of War: Several. Signum, Lady Shiva who manages to knock-out Zafira in hand-to-hand combat and looks incredibly cool while doing it, Sailor Pluto who combined this with Drunken Master, and Tomoyo, although maybe too young for this trope, but manages to keep her calm and her mysterious, saintly smile (c) even when attacking the Wolkenritter and trying to rip Vita a new one.
- Lampshade Hanging: All over the place. In later chapters. The lampshade hanging itself is lampshaded.
- Little Miss Badass: There's Nanoha, Fate, Illya, Kuro Illya, Miyu, and Vita, but the queen of them all is Tomoyo.
- Love Makes You Crazy: Tomoyo, but it's Crazy Awesome.
- Love Makes You Evil: Tomoyo, and the Wolkenritter.
- Mega Crossover
- A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Read: Averted for the most part. There is nothing inherently wrong or dangerous about reading other people's minds and Nodoka finds it an effective way of coordinating a large scale force. However, she stays away from Haruna's mind because it is a scary place.
- Mood Whiplash / Description Cut: Done in this chapter of FATE: Holy Grail War of 2814. A description of Emiyas shoved into a life threatening situation cuts to Death doing random things like a Sudoku puzzle. It's foreshadowing that no, nobody is going to die.
- Mundane Wish: When offered a wish by Kyubey, Misaka asks for the skills necessary to get and hold down a well-paying job.
- Mutually Exclusive Magic: By Word of God, a person can only use one type of magic. Either Magecraft (Fate/stay night), Mid-Childan/Belkan Magic (Nanoha), or Wizardry (Negima). The only exception to this is Sakura who, being bonded to the Tome of the Night Sky, can use everything that's been downloaded into it, including certain Servants' Noble Phantasms, and all three types of magic. She's basically described as a "Broken Game Character".
- Must Not Die a Virgin: Suzuka attempts this with Alisa when they get pulled into a barrier by the Book of Darkness. Alisa doesn't go for it.
- My Death Is Just the Beginning: Archer had his Heroic Sacrifice planned out since a few hours after his summoning, and planned for what happened next rather well.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Stabbing the magic-collecting Artifact of Doom with an Anti-Magic sword turns out to be a really, really bad idea.
- Though it seems that someone was arranging for that to happen.
- Nanoha also angsts that she didn't do good enough job of fighting the Wolkenritter and caused her support to get targeted by them, until Superman tells her to take it easy.
- No Fourth Wall: Chapter 8 is a particularly egregious example.
- Oblivious Younger Sibling: Nanoha has yet to realize that her sister Miyuki's relationship with their brother is not sisterly, despite having walked past a three-way make-out session between Miyuki, Kyouya, and Shinobu, and seeing Naked Apron Miyuki coming out of Kyouya's room in the morning (Given that Miyuki is biologically Kyouya's cousin, not his sister, it's not as naughty as it seems, but still). This is mainly due to Nanoha being too tired or too preoccupied with work to pay close attention to what's going on at home.
- Oh, No... Not Again!
- When Nanoha hears a mysterious voice in her head, she knows that it means trouble. It's just about evolved into a Running Gag.
- The Sailor Senshi always panic whenever they hear that there's new a Magical Girl, thinking they're going to die. Again.
- One Steve Limit: Averted. So far there are a few name overlaps: Shirou (Emiya and Takamachi), Setsuna (Meioh and Sakurazaki), Sakura (Kinomoto and Tohsaka), Fate (Testarossa and Averunncus), Yue (Ayase and Guardian of the Moon) and, if you squint, (Mizuno) Ami and Amy (Limietta).
- Only Sane Man: Yuuno, most of the time. Superman handles the rest.
- Orgasmically Delicious: Vita and Chocolate Overkill Omnicides.
- Panty Thief: Negi of all people, with Yuuno and Kotaro enlisted as help, in order to get back at the girls of his class for them treating him as - and dressing him as - a girl. Ayaka faints when she realizes that her little shota had been handling her underwear.
- Police Code for Everything: Some of the numbered scenarios in the Green Lantern Handbook are oddly specific. For example, a 16887 means "Illegal disposal of a disposable pre-packaged beverage vessel by attempted forced ingestion into an endangered species of carnivorous luminescent crystal fungus".
- Power Creep, Power Seep: The Wolkenritter's defenses have been gimped somewhat to allow fights with characters who couldn't do so ordinarily.
- Purple Prose: How Vita sees Hayate.
- Tomoyo is also prone to this, in her Church Militant mode.
"For the foul heresy of attempting to harm the gloriousness that is the great and beautiful Sakura-chan," Tomoyo said breezily, her saintly, mysterious smile © never leaving her face, "I levy the judgment of the church upon you, strangers. By Sakura-chan's boundless mercy and generosity, I give you one final chance to turn away from this evil path you tread and embrace the light of goodness that is Sakura-chan! Bow down to her divine beauty, and you will be forgiven this heinous atrocity, for all things are loved in the nice, soft, squishy, developing bosom of Sakura-chan's infinite heart. Persist, however, and there is no place you can hide from my Vengeance, no hole too deep, no shadow so dark that I cannot find you to exact a thousand times over the harm you would wrought upon this most blessed Sakura-chan! Persist and know that from this day forth the Specter of death hangs above you, and that nothing will spare you from my most unholy Wrath."
- Here's the author's opinion of this trope in action, courtesy of Ch. 13 Author's Notes:
"I have come to the conclusion I'm too good a writer to be able to write Purple Prose
. On the upside, it means I'm too good to write anything as horrible as Twilight
. On the down side, it means I'm too good to write anything as marketable as Twilight. It was an actual labor to write it. I had to read SO
many bad fics
to even try to get it down. I couldn't stop laughing
at how stupid it all was. Anyone who can do this and KEEP doing it for more than a thousand pages has... well, not talent, but some kind of anti
-talent. Purple prose is HARD! Though I have also discovered, to my horror, that I have my own personal brand of Purple Prose
. I need to lie down..."
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: The Corruption's effect on Wolkenritter Knight Armour.
- Rule of Cool: For instance, Invader!Godzilla is so cool and the resulting battle so awesome that no one worries about whether or not it could work.
- Rule of Funny: Lots of things happen for no reason other than humor, such as the Guardians of the Universe split amoung the three main camps of Nanoha shippers.
- Secret Identity: Everyone. Chrono now has a Secret Identity as 'Tempus', and the Wolkenritter took to wearing masks so they couldn't be traced to Hayate. The entirety of Ala Alba ends up with codenames and masks of varying quality.
- Serial Escalation: Okay, let's try to make a list....
- How many references to pop-culture can the author insert?
- How crazy can Tomoyo be in her dedication to Sakura?
- How many items can Signum take to her bath?
- How perverted can Vita's ice cream experiences be?
- How audacious can Nanoha's constructs be?
- What kind of craziness can Archer pull with his Tracing?
- A meta-example: This story now has its own Wiki. How much bigger can it get?
- Shout-Out: During her second fight with Vita, Green Lantern-chan uses shark construct "Bruce", American Godzilla, the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man ("Who you gonna call?"), and the Supertrain Megazord, much to Vita's chagrin.
"Yes," Saber said coldly. She considered it dispassionately, then decided it wouldn't soil her honor to insult him in the harshest way she knew how. "You Frenchman! Ni! Ni!"
- Tomoyo's Bodyguard Squad seems to consist entirely of female ninja named after Naruto girls.
- Some of Berserker's abilities were clearly based on Lancelot's
- Show Within a Show: Trope Tan Organization the TV.
- The Snark Knight: Archer. Lampshaded by Lancer.
- At one point, he even introduces himself as "Mister Sarcastic."
- Sneezing: Happens a lot.
- Stable Time Loop: The most probable explanation for why the universe isn't imploding when Archer teaches Shiro the finer points of his technique, as Archer worries. Archer gets up to a lot of this, going out of his way to make sure certain events happen, leaving it unclear if they would have happened the way he remembers if he hadn't interfered. The threesome with Rin and Saber, though, was worth risking the stability of space-time.
- Additionally, it's implied that Future Hayate was the Servant Caster of the Fourth Grail War, and is responsible for the damage to the Tome of the Night Sky by sealing the Grail's corruption into it and turning it into the Book of Darkness.
- It turns out that Future Hayate and Archer, based on their own "past" knowledge, developed a Gambit Roulette to manipulate the outcomes of the 4th and 5th Holy Grail Wars, before they died and were summoned to the past as Heroic Spirits. Berserker seems to be aware of their plans, if not a part of them himself, and plays along when necessary.
- People keep getting mail from Chao Lingshen. It's entirely possible that she knew what to send and when to send it because she already knew what had been received and when.
- Stalker with a Crush: Gentlemen, forget the lovely and womanly Tomoyo from CCS canon. 2814 Tomoyo takes this concept and lifts it to impossible heights.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Negi's "reaction" to 3-A discovering their underwear has been stolen (by him) zigzags between this and Blatant Lies.
- Talking Down the Suicidal: Possibly the quickest and most epic invocation of this Trope ever. Reinforce has barely started to suggest that she sacrifice herself to stop the return of the Defense Program when Nanoha restrains her and places a light construct "suicide watch" over her head. Then she tells her off for even thinking of doing so after all the sacrifices made for her sake. She then threatens to tell Hayate on her should she ever mention it again.
- The Tape Knew You Would Say That: Chao and Chibi-Usa left behind some time-released emails that are astonishing in their predictive ability.
- And Archer does it with a video letter that was recorded shortly after his summoning and delivered shortly after his 'death'. Of course, since his past self was there when the video was played, he already knows exactly what everyone's reaction will be.
- The Caster of the Fourth War Hayate Yagami also delivers one which also conforms with the above information.
- Tara Strong: Voices Ring-chan. Yes, a voice actor in a text-only medium.
Setsuna blinked. "Why does your ring sound like a boy as voice[d] by Tara Strong?" she said.
- Token Evil Teammate: Haruna Saotome, even more than in Negima. She laughs evilly more than ever, still considers everything in terms of how it will help her take over the world, and, most tellingly, has a tech person called "The Calculator", rather than "Oracle". Its actually Chisame and not Noah Cuttler, but given that she's named after him, and not the former Batgirl...
- To Win Without Fighting: Though she hasn't gotten the Grail yet, Saber has been declared the winner of the Holy Grail war on the grounds that she is the only person involved who actually wants it.
- And now she can't get it, with the Grail being destroyed to stop Kotomine Kirei from unleashing Ultimate Evil to the world.
- Training from Hell: Evangeline to Nanoha. And then Nanoha picked up that habit and hit Yuuno with it.
- Kilowog's Green Lantern training was implied to be like this toward new recruits, but Nanoha surprisingly happily accept her training, much to the chagrin of her colleagues.
- It should be noted that while Kilowog's was fine, Evangeline's absolutely terrified her at first. (And maybe not just at first. Nanoha only uses "-sama" for three people. The other two are Eternal Sailor Moon and Superman.)
- Transformation Is a Free Action: Subverted. Nanoha tends to wait for transformation to complete, but her partners (especially Fate) don't. Not that it helps them.
- Trial by Friendly Fire:
Chrono Tempus tries to do this against Vita, who was being held by Sailor Pluto. It didn't work.
- Tv Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: The author admits that he's not only using TV Tropes heavily, but is trying to get on as many trope pages as possible. TVT has also ruined the lives of several of the characters themselves.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Vocabulary: Perhaps one of the first examples of a media in which the characters have more or less begun to suffer this; how much of it is the result of the author suffering from it is debatable.
- Unusual Euphemism: The Wolkenritter use the terms "honest-to-Hayate", "Hayate-damned" and "Hayate damn it" when they swear.
- Villain Override: Heroic version; one of Berserker's Noble Phantasms, Knight of Justice, enables him to control magical devices and even Green Lantern's ring without the user's permission.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Twenty chapters later and still no sign of Sinestro but Green Lantern-chan still remembers him.
- Word Salad Title: Team Dark Smoke Lightning Strike Octopus Chuck Norris.
- Workaholic: Nanoha. On top of the Wolkenritter problem, she assists other magical girls with local problems, assists the japanese police, patrols her sector, works in her family's resturant, and completes all the paperwork necessary for her Green Lanter activities.
- You and What Army?: Vita falls victim to this after Tomoyo invoked this trope at her, after she got the response wrong and Tomoyo explained how things are supposed to be done. Later, they used it against the Sailor Senshi and Super Young Team team-up, and it's
Shy Crazy Lolita Canary Sailor Jupiter who fell victim.
- You Can Talk?: Everyone's reaction to Cassandra talking during the Wolkenritter attack on Mahora.
- You Just Told Me: Averted. After finding that her artifact can read Sailor Moon's mind when looking for 'Serenity', Nodoka deliberately skips the first few pages, knowing that among the first entries will be something to the tune of 'Good thing she doesn't know my real name is XXXXX'.
- Your Head A Splode: What the Disclaimer likes to warn us may happen.
- You Will Not Evade Me: Signum pulls this against Syaoran. It's pretty much the only reason the Wolkenritter didn't end up empty-handed.