A badass is a leader. They stride in confident, stare The Rival down, and dominate any situation they're in...Except when they don't. This is an index for badasses who shy away from the leader role. They may appear meek and mild at first, but show hidden reserves of strength, or conversely, they may appear strong and confident at first, but show a hidden gentle side. They might submit when the situation demands it, but they never break.
- Amazon Brigade: Submit to their leader.
- Badass Pacifist: Submits if it will save lives.
- Battle Butler: Submits to his master or mistress.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Submits to common courtesy.
- Bodyguarding a Badass: A stronger character puts his/her safety in the hands of a weaker one.
- By-the-Book Cop: Submits to The Rules.
- The Champion: Submits to his good lady.
- Chessmaster Sidekick: Submits to his/her master despite being more clever or less moral.
- Cowardly Lion: Submits to fear (but usually does the brave thing anyway).
- Dragon-in-Chief: Submits to the Big Bad.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: Submits to Mama.
- The Fettered: Submits to limits, personal or otherwise
- Gentle Giant: Submits to common courtesy.
- Heroic Dog: Unswervingly loyal to one (often only one) person.
- Knight Errant: When following his natural Lord.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Submits to chivalry (when stricken with The Dulcinea Effect).
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Submits to the orders of those they serve
- Ninja Maid: Submits to her master or mistress.
- Number Two: Submits to The Captain.
- Old Soldier: Submits to the Army.
- Samurai: Submits to his lord and to his code of honour. When these conflict, there is only one third option.
- Silk Hiding Steel: Submits to everyone... but is no pushover.
- The So-Called Coward: Submits to fear, supposedly.
- Warrior Monk: Submits to God.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Always puts her family above herself.