Stronger Than They Look
Characters that are stronger than they seem. Compare Super-Strong Child and Glacier Waif. See also Muscles Are Meaningless
- The title character from Atom Ant
- Jo McCormick from Beetleborgs.
- Fairy Tail's Mirajane Strauss, who's strong enough to be noted by Azuma as a demon, even when not using her powers, with just one kick.
- Buttercup from The Powerpuff Girls, who has been considered the toughest fighter.
- Ashley Spinelli from Recess.
- Vul Panther, Go Yellow, and Gosei Yellow from Super Sentai. They're all Kid Appeal Characters that double as The Big Guy.
- Gokai Yellow also plays this trope for developing acute reflexes in combat.
- Starfire in Teen Titans: build of a willowy teenager, strength of a Flying Brick
- Megabyte from Reboot, and that's saying something. You know he's tough, but then he chases down a speeding A.B.C. (a huge tank), leaps over it, stops it, picks it up, and destroys it. With his bare hands.
- Karen Ichijou from School Rumble.
- In Super Mario 64, Mario can grab Bowser by the tail, giving him a chance to do a giant swing.
- Toad in Super Mario Bros. 2 specializes at lifting up hard stuff.
- The Mario Bros in general. They look like fairly average plumbers, but go toe-to-toe with godlike beings (and win) frequently.
- Momo from Project Justice has the Giant Swing special throw, per se.
- Kirin from Koufuku Graffiti, who is seen carrying several boxes of charcoal, which Shiina comments is more than enough to cook for several dozen people.
- Gothic Lolita in ''Livewires looks like a [Exactly What It Says on the Tin Gothic Lolita Waif]], but is in fact a super-dense android and the team's bruiser.