- The protagonist uses a glowy sword because he fights sentient shadows.
- The car blew up upon crashing because of the nitroglycerin that was put in the trunk in an earlier episode as part of a ploy to blast through a bank vault.
- The protagonist uses a glowy sword because the power source is leaky (but wait, shouldn't that cause other problems? We also know that he has the tools to fix it!).
- The car blew up upon being shot because the shooter aimed for the gas tank and said he used tracer rounds (but wait, why would he have tracer rounds in his service pistol?).
Some justified tropes are tropes of their own.
- It Only Works Once is when Never Recycle Your Schemes is justified.
- Portal to the Past is a justification of San Dimas Time.
Don't put any examples here. Wicks on other pages must be in-universe and also Not Arguable. (That is, when writing one, resist the temptation to use Weasel Words like "possibly" "probably," "somewhat" or "part[ial]ly") If you want to see examples, you'll have to look for them elsewhere. Or you could go into the Playing With Wiki for hypothetical examples.
Notably, instead of redirecting here, the single-word Justified is a disambiguation page. If you're looking for the FX series, you're looking for Justified.