Of Cartoons, Randomness, and Beef Jerky
is a (possibly) one shot Fan Fic Crossover
between Dora the Explorer
and other cartoons by an author named "Ltkcoolnesslover".
The plot involves Dora teaming up with folks like Winnie-the-Pooh
, Phineas and Ferb
, and others to go to Hello Kitty
's house to get beef jerky.
Doesn't sound like much does it?
Well, it's Reference Overdosed
, Better Than a Bare Bulb
, and pretty funny. It's worth a read.
This story provides examples of:
- Better Than a Bare Bulb
- Big "NO!": Pooh lets loose with several over the course of the story.
- Disney Death: Ferb gets really hurt when he falls into the ravine, fortunately, Tinker Bell happens to be nearby and fixes him up.
- Downer Ending: Hello Kitty is fresh out of beef jerky.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: "Hey, why did Tigger stick his head in a toilet? He was looking for Pooh!"
- Fake Interactivity: Explained by Dora having a disease called "Snoodlebopoliteous" which makes her forget where things are.
- Family-Unfriendly Death: Barney falls into a crocodile filled pond.
- Not the Fall That Kills You: Subverted, Everyone falls into a 200,000 foot gorge and escape with only slight injuries, except Ferb who gets badly injured (but gets better) and Clifford who is implied to have not survived. (though he pulls a Kenny by the end of the story.)
- Pajama Clad Hero: Dora is still in her jammies.
- Rage Against the Author: When Ferb finds singing the song from The Wizard of Oz odd, Dora suggests going on strike against the author.
- Reference Overdosed
- Rope Bridge: Across a 200,000 foot deep canyon.
- They Killed Kenny Again: Clifford, Barney and the Trope Namer himself die, but are seen alive and well at Hello Kitty's house at the end.
- Yandere: Isabella is not happy when Phineas starts flirting with Buttercup.