Web Animation: Dorkly Originals
Dorkly Originals is a series of sprite animations poking fun at clichés and Fridge Logic in classic video games.
Dorkly Originals series with their own pages:
Dorkly Originals contain examples of:
- And Now For Something Completely Different: Sometimes Dorkly would go poke fun at other media outside of video games.
- Affably Evil: The ghost in "Boos Meet a Real Ghost."
- And I Must Scream: Mario playing the Warp Whistle offkey in "Mario Can't Play the Warp Whistle" sends him to a world where everything is on fire and no-one can ever die. Trying to leave only makes it worse, as the tornado that comes is made of fire, and the second time he creates a monsoon which doesn't put the fire out, because the rain is freaking gasoline.Mario: Ooh, motherfu- (the entire world becomes engulfed in flames)
- And Then What?: In a scenario where Dr. Robotnik wins and transforms every animal on the planet into a robot. He comes to this predicament.
- Angrish: It is very common for someone (usually a villain) to lapse into this when exposed to a bout of their game's Fridge Logic (or stupidity on the part of the hero.)
- Black Comedy: The series mainly focuses on this type of humor.
- Body Horror: "Inbred Yoshi."
- Calling the Old Man Out: In "Luke Won't Forgive Anakin," Luke and Leia called out Anakin for the atrocities that he committed.
- Deconstructive Parody: Lampshades just about everything wrong and ridiculous in fiction, with video games parodied more often.
- Did Not Think This Through: In "How Diablo Destroyed Tristram," the Warrior is about to fight Diablo in Hell when he uses a portal scroll to go back to town for some potions. Let's just say Reality Ensues in the worst way possible.
- Even Evil Has Standards: The monster from "Sim City Monster Hates Your City" is disgusted by the way the city has been arranged (such as a prison being built next to a hospital and a nuclear power plant being built next to a school).
- Evil Brit: Bowser is almost always depicted having a sophisticated British accent. Most likely as that's the last voice one would expect Bowser to have.
- From Bad to Worse: "Ice World Problems" and "Mario Can't Play the Warp Whistle," full stop.
- It's a Wonderful Plot: In the video "It's A Wonderful Extra Life," Luigi is given a view of what would happen if he never was born. What happens is that Mario goes missing, giving Bowser the chance to take over the Mushroom Kingdom, Daisy settles for Waluigi, and the ghosts of that haunted mansion were free to torment everyone else.
- Lampshade Hanging: A large number of Dorkly videos tend to do this, regarding what you can and can't do in games (see Deconstructive Parody above).
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: A frequent occurrence, "Mario Can't Play the Warp Whistle" and "Sonic, Lord of the Rats" being standout examples.
- There's also at least one case of "Nice Job Breaking It Villain" in "Peach's Revenge Part 1".
- No Party Like a Donner Party: "Sonic Wasn't Fast Enough."
- Not So Different: In "Mario Is Too Mainstream," Tim of Braid calls his own game very original while Mario points out that his and Tim's game are very much alike. And even when Tim mentions other gameplay mechanics that Mario doesn't have, Mario was quick to mention that it's been done before in other series.
- Not the Fall That Kills You: In "Double Dragon Dad," Billy and Jimmy jump off the roof of a building similar to the games. While Jimmy was unscathed, one of Billy's legs was broken from the fall and the bone was sticking out.
- Reality Ensues: The point of Anime Things That Would Get You In Trouble In Real Life.
- Roaring Rampage of Rescue: Assumably, Mario goes to extreme measures to rescue the princess in "Mario Goes Berserk."
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Peach does this after Bowser kills Mario in "Peach's Revenge," which overlaps with Disproportionate Retribution.
- Shield Bash: "Link Didn't Get Sword".
- That's smashing board, thank you very much.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: More like, "The Reason You Suck" Song with ''NES Ninja Turtles Theme Song''.
- Too Dumb to Live: Ecco's dolphin friends are too stupid to even listen to Ecco's warning that aliens are coming to eat them. Ecco just lets the alien eat them.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: "Tails Can't Die."
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: "Sonic Goes Berserk."