- In Long Road To Friendship, Rarity asks Sunset Shimmer's opinion on some clothing at a renaissance faire. Little does Rarity know that Sunset is cursed to be brutally honest.
Rarity: "What do you think, Sunset? Does this make me look good?"
Sunset: "I think it makes you look like a wh—"
Rarity: "Ooh, is that a ruby necklace?"
- One Good Omens fanfic combines this with Last-Second Word Swap:
Crowley: You quite liked the fu—
Crowley: Fur rug in front of the fireplace, I was going to say. Thought I was going somewhere else with that, didn't you?
- This Axis Powers Hetalia fanfic plays around with this trope.
Prussia: And by talking, I'm guessing you mean f-
Canada: I mean talking!
Prussia: I was going to say fighting, but your interpretation works too. *beat* So are they f-
Prussia: Sensitive much?
- In The Tainted Grimoire, this has happened at least twice:
- One time, Sasasha got interrupted when two members of the Targ Wood Police put a hand each over her mouth.
- Another time, Luso got interrupted by an announcement.
- From You Got HaruhiRolled!:
Fujiwara: "That good for nothing upstart wouldn't even know goodness for all of humanity if it bit him right in the-"
Kyouko: "Tut tut, Fujiwara! Remember your blood-pressure."
- Friendship Is Magic: The Adventures of Spike: When the Elements of Harmony confront Chrysalis:
Chrysalis: Ah, Twilight Sparkle. How did it feel, having all of your loved ones lose faith in you?
Twilight: Not as bad as you're going to feel, you dirty, rotten bi-(dodges magic blast)
- Expecting the Unexpected had the following exchange:
Ron: Lucius really is a complete cu-
Hermione: You finish that word, Ronald Weasley, and you'll be getting very acquainted with your right hand for the next month because you'll be coming nowhere near me.
- In Harry Potter: What I See Sirius said "...You don't just happen to take your clothes off. You don't just happen to let him stick his co-" and Remus smacked him on the head for swearing in front of baby Teddy.
- In the Superjail fanfic Et Mundus Eos, this exchange ensues:
"Hello, Eddie boy." Zora greeted the fifteen-going-on-sixteen-year-old boy. "It is very nice to meet you."
"And it's nice to meet you, too, you courteous ni-" Eddie was about to say.
"Edward." Mistress warned him as she was about to pull out her riding crop.
"I mean, you courteous black woman." the boy instantly corrected himself. Zora smiled at his quickness.
- Characters often interrupt someone else when they've realised the speaker is about to curse about two seconds ahead in Warriors of the World.
Emeth: "I get that you're a dirty coward and an incompetent fool, but I didn't know you were also a contradictory di—"
Iruna (hurriedly): "Let's just go."
- In the title song for Shaft:
Isaac Hayes: They say this cat Shaft is a bad mother—
Female Chorus: Shut your mouth!
Isaac Hayes: But I'm talkin' 'bout Shaft!
Female Chorus: And we can dig it.
- Kung Pow! Enter the Fist:
Chosen One: Well, I'm gonna count to three, and if I hear one more friggin' squeak, I'm gonna take his shoes, and shove em' up his...
Chosen One's Friend: Chosen One, Master Pain's in town!
- Finding Nemo: Yes, believe it or not, is actually does this. Listen to these lines closely:
Gurgle: Don't you realize we are swimming in our own sh—
Peach: Shh! Here he comes.
- The Lion King
- In The Great Escape, Hilts gets caught trying to test a blind spot near the prison fence and attempts to explain himself to a guard by saying he was retrieving his baseball. The head guard, Stratwitch, appears and the following exchange ensues.
Stratwitch: What are you doing over here by the wire?
Hilts: Well, like I told Max here, I was trying to get my god-d —
[German soldier calls out as the commandant enters the scene.]
- In The Matrix Reloaded, Link, returning after a long deployment, bursts into his quarters with the inquiry "Where's my puss—-" which is quickly strangled off at the sight of his sister-in-law, niece, and nephew with his wife. To her credit, though, sis shuffles the kids out post-haste. Hilariously mocked in that movie's RiffTrax: "But I wanna help Uncle Link find his cat!"
- Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey: While chasing chickens, Chance encounters a turkey.
Whoa! What the- Turkey:
*angry gobble* Chance:
AHHH! It's Birdzilla!
- Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
- A comically drawn-out sequence of this, after various people all over the world noticed Dr. Evil's phallus-shaped spaceship returning to Earth.
Radar Operator: Colonel, you better have a look at this radar.
Colonel: What is it, son?
Radar Operator: I don't know, sir, but it looks like a giant...
Jet Pilot: Dick. Dick, take a look out of starboard.
Co-Pilot: Oh my God, it looks like a huge...
Bird-Watching Woman: Pecker.
Bird-Watching Man: (raising binoculars) Ooh, where?
Bird-Watching Woman: Over there. What sort of bird is that? Wait, it's not a woodpecker, it looks like someone's...
Army Sergeant: Privates! We have reports of an unidentified flying object. It has a long, smooth shaft, complete with...
Two balls! (looking up from game)
What is that? It looks just like an enormous... Chinese Teacher:
Wang, pay attention. Wang:
I was distracted by that giant flying... Musician: Willie
What's that? Willie: (squints)
Well, that looks like a huge... Colonel:
Johnson. Radar Operator:
Yes, sir? Colonel:
Get on the horn to British Intelligence and let them know about this.
- It goes on like that for a further 90 seconds.
- At the end of the film:
Basil: Did we get Dr. Evil?
Radar Operator: No, sir, he got away in that big spaceship that looks like a huge...
Teacher: Penis. The male reproductive organ. Also known as tallywhacker, schlong, or...
Friendly Dad: Wiener? Any of your kids want another wiener?
Friendly Son: Dad, what's that?
Friendly Dad: I don't know, son, but it has great big...
Peanut Vendor: Nuts. Hot, salty nuts. Who wants some?... Lord Almighty!
Woman: That looks just like my husband's...
Circus Barker: ONE-EYED MONSTER. Step right up and see the One-eyed Monster!
Cyclops: RARRR. Hey, what's that? It looks like a...
Fan: Woody. Woody Harrelson. Could I have your autograph?
Woody: Sure. Oh, my Lord! Look at that thing!
Fan: It's so big.
Woody: No, I've seen bigger. That's...
Dr. Evil: Just a little prick.
- The exact same gag was used in the next film, Goldmember, with a satellite that looked like a certain part of the female anatomy, leading to this Lampshade Hanging:
Ozzy Osborne: Boobs!
Sharon Osborne Boobs, Ozzy?
Ozzy Osborne: These filmmakers are just a bunch of f**cking boobs.
Kelly Osborne: What do you mean, Dad?
Ozzy Osborne: I mean, they're using the same f**cking jokes as they did in the last Austin Powers movie.
Sharon Osborne: What f**cking joke?
Jack Osborne: You know, the f**cking joke about the rocket that looks like some guy's—
General Clark: Johnson!
- Dominic Deegan does this same routine, only much shorter, in one comic to blot out the Atomic F-Bomb.
- In Cats Don't Dance:
- Amusingly played with in Predator 2, where the titular alien cuts Harrigan's assessment of its looks short by choking him, then finishes it off anyway.
- Even Disney pulls this one, in A Goofy Movie:
Max: My life's a living...
Mascot: HELL-O, little buddy! Who's your favorite possum?
- Disney does it again in The Hunchback of Notre Dame:
Esmeralda: You sneaky son of a...
Pheobus: Ah ah ah, watch it. You're in a church.
- There's a really weird instance of this in some versions of the song Mark It Up from Repo! The Genetic Opera. In the film, IIRC, Pavi manages to quite clearly sing "My brother and sister should fuck!" before Luigi turns on him, but in one of the soundtrack versions, it's an example. The hilarity is that it's cut short by a phrase involving a Precision F-Strike: Pavi! Shut the FUCK UP!
- During Top Hat when Dale and Jerry are discussing horses.
Dale: "Who was his dam?"
Jerry: "I don't know, Miss. He didn't give a d-" [Dale shuts the hatch]
- In Avatar, as Grace is putting Jake into his link pod:
Grace: Just relax and let your mind go blank. That shouldn't be hard for you.
Jake: Kiss the darkest part of my lily white-
- Several times in the theme song to I'm Gonna Git You Sucka:
The Gap Band: I'm gonna git you, sucka/dirty mother—
Female: Don't say that!
- The A-Team film has "AMF" or "Alpha Mike Foxtrot".
- Later, he manages to get the whole thing out, without the last word being interrupted.
- In Beavis and Butt-Head Do America:
Get the hell out of the cockpit! Butt-Head: Huh huh, you said c
— Pilot: [pulls Butt-Head out]
- In Batman: Under the Red Hood:
Black drug dealer/crime lord: I am the East Quarter drug trade, you stupid bags of— *gets a gun pointed at his head*
- The Hungarian dub got a bit bolder with the line:
the East Quarter drug trade, you wee-brained fucku
- The Film of the Series for Leave It to Beaver:
Wally: Oh don't worry dad, I'll do my homework without you and mom having to crawl up my...
Ward: Yeah that's great Wally.
- In Superman vs. the Elite when it appears that Superman has killed his teammates, Manchester Black exclaims "Holy sh—" before getting blown back by a burst of wind.
- In The Muppet Movie the Muppets are pulled over by a motorcycle cop (who turns out to be Doc Hopper's lackey Max suffering a Heel Realization). As he walks up, Dr. Teeth starts listing slang and is about to get to a particularly rude word for them when...
Dr. Teeth: Hey hey! It's the man with the badge, the police, the cops, the fuzz, the P-I-...
Miss Piggy: Don't...you...dare!
Dr. Teeth: Why, I wouldn't think of it.
- In Hot Fuzz when we see that Angel is disrupted in chasing a shop lifter, he says mothers... turns out there is a group of actual mother (with babies in prams) blocking the way.
- In the film of the musical of Hairspray:
Amber: You try that again and there'll be stumps where your feet should be. You got that, you little who-
[Link walks in with a ring]
Amber: Holy moly.
- In DC Showcase: Green Arrow, Count Vertigo is posed to murder a helpless Green Arrow and Princess Perdita, and boasts:
Vertigo: Soon to be King Vertigo, once I've dispatched you and the little bi-
Black Canary: Watch your mouth! *screamblast*
- In Going Under, book three of the Quantum Gravity series, the imp repeatedly says "What the f..." before another character interrupts him. Or shoots him.
- Harry Potter has quite a few of these considering they are children's books:
- 'They make riding a broomstick a real pain in the-'
- 'He'd pull up his robes and pull flowers out of his-'
- 'YOU FILTHY, CHEATING B-'
- 'Do you know what that-' ([Ron] called Snape something that made Hermione say Ron!)
- 'Merlin's saggy left—'
- In the Doctor Who Eighth Doctor Adventures novel Unnatural History, a Faction Paradox member taunts the Doctor with a parody of a Gallifreyan rhyme:
"Sing the past to me, 'cause I'm the one who wrote the song
I made it up next week so all the words will come out wrong
The past won't keep you warm tonight, the future's blown to bits,
And everything that you believe is really full of —"
The door slammed behind him.
- In the Politically Incorrect Guide to the Vietnam War, one of the entries to the Politically Incorrect Guide (PIG) series, there was an interview with Vietnam Veterans Gerald Gearhardt and Jack Armstrong. At the point where they are talking about the Paris Treaty Accord, this exchange is made:
Gearhardt: Nixon told them [the North Vietnamese], and the South Vietnamese who were scared shi—
Jack: Family book, Gearhardt.
Gearhardt:—scared to death, that the U.S. would come back and bomb the crap out of them if they tried anything.
- In the Dungeons & Dragons novel "The Savage Caves", Lidda and Jozan have such lovely and friendly conversations with each other.
"See," Lidda said to the burgher's back. "I told you you can't just string me up you fat f—"
"Hold your tongue!" Jozan commanded.
"It's true," she said. "My first night there he approached me in the tavern. He put his hand on my thigh and whispered lewd suggestions in my ear."
Naull giggled and asked, "Really? Like what?"
Lidda scuttled closer to the young mage and said, "Well, first of all he told me that if I put his —"
"Ladies," Jozan interrupted, "for the love of Pelor, remember yourselves."
"Or," Lidda said, "Regular here can climb my—"
"Lidda," Jozan interrupted.
"You're wounded," the priest said.
"I know," Lidda answered, "and it hurts like a son of a—"
"I was talking to Regdar," Jozan answered.
- Regdar also takes over the job once:
"Nice," the halfling said. "I wonder if Pelor will be able to get my foot out of your—"
"Naull might be dying out there somewhere," Regdar interjected.
- In A Brother's Price, Corelle tries to get Jerin to Be Scantily-Clad To Get Wives, which progresses into mocking him for his insistence on proper pronunciation.
“No one is going to marry you for your diction. They’re going to marry you for your dic–”
- He flicks her with a rolled-up towel.
- Quoth Earl, in Gil's All Fright Diner: "Goddamn it, Duke, you stupid prick. You just ended the world, you stupid mother—", before being interrupted by the main villain going all One-Winged Angel.
- In Suite Life on Deck, Zack finishes with his graduation speech, "Goodbye seniors. Goodbye class. High school, you can—", which is as far as he gets before Ms. Tutweiler interrupts hastily.
- Webster: Webster and a friend are singing a spaceship song, and just before they sing the last word in the line "The spaceship went to hell," Katherine interrupts and sends them to bed.
- The Hogan Family: Back when the series was called Valerie, the third episode "The Wrong Stuff" saw young Willie Hogan begin using (mild) profanity around the house. When Valerie confronts him and threatens to wash his mouth out with soap, Willie decides to test his mother and see if she actually would. Finally, after saying a mild explicitive ("crap") and getting ready to say another, Valerie made good on her promise!
- Star Trek
EMH Mark One:
I'm as close to a sentient life-form as any hologram could hope to be. I socialise with the crew, fraternise with aliens. I've even had sexual relations
EMH Mark Two: Sex! How's that possible? We're not equipped with a—
EMH Mark One: (cutting in with a smug expression) Let's just say I made an addition to my program.
- In Doctor Who: "New Earth":
Rose: So you're talking out your a—
Cassandra: Ask not!
- In the Stargate Atlantis episode "The Return," when Jack O'Neill expresses disdain for McKay's proposed "Plan C:"
O'Neill: Sounds more like a Plan F, doesn't it? As in, 'We are totally-'
McKay: If we can fight our way back to the bay...
- In an episode of My Family:
Mr Casey: I think you're mistaking me for someone who gives a f—
Michael (bursting into the room): FIRE!
- During the I'm Wishing song in Morecambe and Wise:
Ernie/Prince: "Tell me wishing well."
Eric/Well: "Ask and I will tell."
Ernie: "Will my wish come true?"
Eric: "It's entirely up to you."
Ernie: "With your magic spell."
Eric: "Why don't you go to he-"
Ernie: "Will you tell my love one what to do?"
- Babylon 5:
Sheridan: Well, you can tell Earth Central they can take a flying —
Ivanova: It's only 30 credits a week, sir, it's not that much.
- Not so much a curse word as it was a rude sentiment:
Pick 'em up, bring 'em in, and throw them in the brig. And I want every one of those ships scanned for weapons. And tell Ambassadors G'kar and Londo that I want to see them in chambers now. Ivanova
: And what if they refuse? Sheridan:
Then you can throw them
in the— Ivanova
: Ahem! (Gestures her head to remind him a news crew is filming them
- In Monk, episode "Mr. Monk Gets Lotto Fever," when Natalie confronts Monk about mocking her job. In this case, the word is "bimbo":
Adrian Monk: Oh, you are not making them rich! You're not giving them financial advice. You're just reading little numbers off little white ping pong balls! And if it wasn't you, they'd just hire some other bim-[stops himself]
Natalie Teeger: Some other what?! "Bim" what?! [beat]
: Mr. Monk, do-do you think I'm a bimbo
?! Look, I know what I do isn't the most bim
portant job on the planet, but what do I do for you
?! Hand you wipes all day long?! Pick up your laundry?! You know people admire me now, and I admit it, I am enjoying the attention! I guess I needed it!
Adrian Monk: Yeah, uh, I'm sorry, but I can't work like this! So you're going to have to choose. [gestures to himself and Stottlemeyer, then to Natalie's fans]
- NCIS has this in the season 3 episode "Bloodbath".
Mikel: It's Mikel, Abby. Don't hang up.
Abby: Oh great. My biggest fan.
Mikel: Look, I know we got off on the wrong foot.
Abby: The wrong foot? The only right foot is my foot up your a-
Mikel: Abby. Abby, listen, I need to see you.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Spike: "I knew the only thing better than killing a Slayer would be f—"
Buffy: [enraged] "Is that what this is about? Doing a Slayer?"
- In season 5, Glory gets out an "Oh, Sh—" twice. Once as a roof collapses on her head, and the second time when she's been teleported to an altitude of several thousand feet.
- In season 3, Vampire!Willow returns to her world, is immediately impaled on a piece of wood by Oz, and says "Oh fu—" as she crumbles into dust.
Wesley: I was your Watcher, Faith. I know the real you. And even if you kill me, there's just one thing I want you to remember.
What's that, love
Wesley: You...are a piece of shi— (Faith stuffs a gag in his mouth)
- While looking for clues in a vampire crackhouse in season 4, Faith is conveniently attacked by a vampire:
Faith: What... the fu—
Lilah: Isn't this what you like? Big brain and a tight little—-
Wesley: (rolls eyes) Lilah...
- From Full House, during Viper's guitarist audition for Jesse's band, Danny doesn't appreciate Viper's interest in tattooing D.J.'s name on his arm:
Danny: "Hi, I'm D.J.'s father Mildew, and you can tattoo that name on your—"
Jesse: "Hey ho ho ho! Mildew, take five."
- Boy Meets World has Cory's younger sister make disparaging remarks about the dress Cory's fiance picked out for her, going so far as to say "I wouldn't use this dress to wipe my—" before being dragged away, with her mouth covered, by Cory's father.
- A bit of poetry from the short-lived sitcom Whoopi
Mavis: Here's something I just can't figger / Why a white girl wanna act like a—
- Tom Servo's Canada Song on Mystery Science Theater 3000:
Servo: Just where the hell does Canada get off sharing a border / With countries far superior to it?
Servo: Why, you lousy, stinking, francophonic, bacon-loving bastards / Your country's just a giant piece of sh...
Crow: Whoa, whoa, whoa!
- In iCarly Spencer gets cut off just before he completes a line about a stinking gas being pumped into the torture chamber Carly has locked him in.
Spencer: It smells like-
- In the 1960s Batman TV episode "Penguin's Disastrous End," The Penguin barricades himself and his gang inside a Gotham City bank vault as the police and the Dynamic Duo try to break in. Someone asks how Penguin will keep from starving to death in there, prompting Batman to say: "I wish I knew." Then Robin asks: "And how would he be able to go to the - " and is cut off by Batman snapping: "I wish I knew, Robin!"
- In Pat and Margaret, Pat is talking to someone about Margaret on the phone and says "She can take a flying yes, quite."
- Several characters take turns at this in an episode of Home Improvement:
Randy: Yeah, well it really doesn't matter what he thinks because he's a big piece of —
Brad: Hey! Don't give me any more of your —
Tim: Brad! You guys are becoming a major pain in the —
Al: Tim. Okay, we'll be right back after these messages from- (Brad throws a football at Randy, but hits Al) ah! Would you just cut it out, you little —
- In Its Garry Shandlings Show, Garry's neighbor's son, Grant, comes to Garry for advice about sex. For some strange reason, the entire episode is accompanied by a group of men who perform the duties of a Greek Chorus. Garry tries to dissuade teenaged Grant from having sex until he's really ready, with the Greek Chorus performing color commentary in the background. At the episode's conclusion, Grant decides that he's not ready, and tells his girlfriend that he's decided to wait. This prompts the following exchange:
: Well now Grant has decided to wait! So from now until then he'll have to mastur--
Garry: (Rushing in) HIS STUDIES! MASTER HIS STUDIES!
- Criminal Minds:
- From the episode "The Longest Night":
JJ: The EAS is coordinated by the FCC, Thema, and the Nation Weather Service, it's a bureaucratic pile of steaming—-
- In the episode "Painless," Morgan gives out Reid's cellphone number to a bunch of reporters as a prank and Reid finally loses it after at least 500 calls and then manages to avert and play this trope straight in less than thirty seconds:
Reid: (while giving the profile) Loner, invisible, outcast, boiling rage- (phone rings) SON OF A BITCH! (answers phone) Hi, this is Dr. Spencer Reid. Yes I can come to the phone right now with a very special message that your mother is a-
- From The West Wing episode "In the Shadow of Two Gunmen—Part I":
Hoynes's staffer: It's what magicians call "misdirection."
Josh: Really? 'Cause it's what the rest of us call bull—
Hoynes: Knock it off!
- Subverted in Arrested Development:
GOB: No Al, I want to spill booze all over my fu-
GOB (Five minutes and a few scenes later): -cking $6300 suit! Come ON!
- From ''The Vicar of Dibley", Episode "Songs of Praise:"
The Bible Alice is reading has been writen using a ‘long s’ (ſ) so ‘Ye ɑre the ſɑlt oƒ the Eɑrth ɑnd ſɑinted. God ſhɑll ſeɑl your endeɑvours until ye ſit on his right hɑnd. Thereƒore ƒight the good ƒight, ƒor his ſɑke, ɑnd he ſhɑll be thy ſuccor.’ comes out as⋯
Alice: Ye are the fault of the earth and fainted⋯ sainted. God shall feel⋯ seal your endeavours until ye fit on his right hand. Therefore fight the good fight, for his⋯ fake, and he shall be thy f-
Geraldine: SUCCOR!! And he shall be thy succor.
- In some of the post episode vintagees of the game show version of The Perils of Penelope Pitstop, where H.C. is in jail, sometimes, he tries to call the host Bill Thompson a piece of shit (the game show itself uses bleeps) but Bill tells him to shut up before he can utter the word.
- In the episode that marked both the 40th anniversary of the cartoon of the same name" & it's first episode (the peril of the day was the first one from the former), after H.C. kills Penelope, he says to Bill off camera (he doesn't appear on the set): "After 40 years of failure on my first peril, I have finally killed that mother….." which gives Bill a chance to say "Finally the first peril from 1969 was successful. Way to go, Butthead." (that was also the moment where Bill PWND H.C.)
- From an episode of Veronica Mars:
Kendall: Your dad and I were just dealing with a little trouble.
Veronica: I was gonna say "cute".
- Monty Python - in a military court-martial, a presiding general won't drop the point of a special pair of gaiters:
Presiding General: Why did they present him with a special pair of gaiters?
Fawcett: Sir, it seems to me totally irrelevant to the case whether the gaiters were presented to him or not, sir.
Presiding General: I think the court will be able to judge that for themselves. I want to know why the regiment presented the accused with a special pair of gaiters.
Fawcett: (stifling his impatience) He ... used to do things for them. The total value ...
Presiding General: What things?
Fawcett: (exasperated) He .. he used to oblige them, sir. The total value ...
Presiding General: Oblige them?
Fawcett: Yes, sir. The total value of the uniform ...
Presiding General: How did he oblige them?
Fawcett: What, sir?
Presiding General: How did he oblige them?
Fawcett: (more and more irritated) He ... um ... used to make them happy in little ways, sir. The total value of the uniform could therefore not have been less than ...
Presiding General: Did he touch them at all?
Fawcett: Sir! I submit that this is totally irrelevant.
Presiding General: I want to know how he made them happy.
Fawcett:(losing his temper) He used to ram things up their ...
Presiding General: (quickly) All right! All right! No need to spell it out!
- One episode of Walker, Texas Ranger has Trivette being held hostage by a racist sheriff who believes black people shouldn't be cops, at one point while he's making him did up bodies of prisoners he asks him if he has any last words, his response:
Trivette: You can kiss my black a— (Sheriff cocks shotgun)
- Emergency! : John Gage in "Gossip".
John I hurt from the tips of my toes all the way up to my-*the klaxons sound*
- Justice League used this now and then:
Braniac: I am Krypton.
Superman: You're a perversion, dishonoring the very memory of my father and all my people.
Braniac: And this is your final decision?
Superman: Read my lips. Go to-
Braniac: Unfortunate, but predictable.
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold - "The Battle of the Superheroes", which is a half-hour tribute to the concept of Superdickery, naturally had to sneak in a joke based on the actual term.
Jimmy Olsen: Superman's turned into a real di-
Lois Lane: -fferent person.
- SpongeBob SquarePants has a few:
- From "The Algae's Always Greener":
Plankton: No more intrusions! I'd like to begin writing a "memoirs of my success" story, so everyone just stay the— *ground shakes*
Pearl: Daddy! DADDY!
- And one from "The Bully", after SpongeBob tries to ask for pencil-arranging help:
Nancy: I think it goes stuck inside your—
SpongeBob: Wait, I got it!
Squidward: You did this, SquarePants! If you don't get Mr. Krabs' mattress back from the dump, I am going to mur—!
Squidward: Uhh...Help you do it myself.
- In The Shiny Show (which is aimed at three-year-olds!) this occurs. Obviously the cut-off word is not as strong as other cases.
- In the Rocko's Modern Life episode "Kiss Me, I'm Foreign":
Rocko & Filburt: (answering the door while shouting) What in the he...llo? (realizing the deportation guy keeping track of them is at the door)
- Beast Wars: "Changing of the Guard"
Rattrap: The next time that big ape asks me to do something for him, man, I am going to shove my blaster so far up his—
Silverbolt: Target dead ahead. Prepare for drop.
- Kim Possible
- Subverted regarding Kim's Nana, and a callback to Shaft:
Drakken: Your Nana is one bad grandmother—
Kim: Shut your mouth!
- Another example, when Ron is wearing half of a unicorn costume on Halloween:
Kid: You're no unicorn, you're just a horse's...
Duff Killigan (suddenly appearing): I've come to claim what's mine!
- A similar example in Dexter's Laboratory, when Dexter grows a beard and is being gawked at by Dee Dee and her friends.
Dee Dee: That is one rugged brother—
Dee Dee's friends: Shut your mouth!
- Sixteen, "Khaki Girl":
Tricia: Caitlin. New loser friends of Caitlin.
Nikki: Oh, you stuck up little bi—
Jonesy: OKAY, who wants some chunklets, huh?
- FromTotal Drama World Tour:
Courtney: I'm a C.I.T.!
Heather: More like a B-I-T-C-
Gwen: Guys, let's get going.
- It happens again in a later episode:
Geoff: Well, ain't karma a real-
Blaineley: That wasn't karma, it was bad aim.
- Inverted in an episode of American Dad!, after Hayley sleeps with Stan's boss:
Hayley: I know it's crazy, but I like him. He challenges me, and besides, he has a really huge-
Stan: Penis! I mean, Hayley! Dammit! I was trying to cut you off before you said-
Hayley: I was going to say "heart" but, well, you shined his shoes.
- When The Fairly OddParents were interviewed by MTV's TRL
Timmy: Well, Quddus, much like Christina, Vicky is an evil...
- On Jimmy Two-Shoes, when Jimmy is hallucinating all his friends, including Heloise in a girly dress. After a few steps she growls "If I were awake, I'd kick your-" before hallucination Lucius picks her up.
- In Codename: Kids Next Door the Spinach Inquisition (an army of Spaniards who have an odd obsession with Spinach) shows up to get kids to eat the green leafs. They capture the titular kids and attempt to force them to eat spinach, through song. Numbah 1 almost lets out a not-so-kid friendly word before being cut off.
Numbah 1- “I said no once, I said no twice, you chained me here and that’s not nice. I will not eat it, not a scrap. I tried it once, it tastes like-”
- Spider-Man uses his trademark webbing to do this in an episode of Ultimate Spider-Man.
Thundra: You miserable little…
Thundra (gagged): Mmmph!
- Ed, Edd n Eddy has this, too, in a combination of this and Sound Effect Bleep.
Kevin: Beat it dorky, or I'll shove these moon rocks right up your - (Jonny's trumpet)
- In King of the Hill:
Thatherton: M.F. Thatherton. Thatherton Fuels.
Mr. Holloway: Dang glad to meet you, M.F.
Hank: The M.F. stands for...
Thatherton: My friend!
- In one episode of Pepper Ann, Milo rants about the art teacher giving him a bad grade.
Milo: That woman wouldn't know art if it bit her in the—
Pepper Ann: Assignment, Milo, it was just an assignment.
- The Simpsons:
- Not exactly a curse, but in the episode "Yokel Chords":
Spunkler Kid: Ain't you one o' them funny, big-nosed, show-biz people?
Krusty: Oh, you mean a clown?
Spunkler Kid:: No, a J-
- And in "Hurricane Neddy" about Ned Flanders' troubled childhood:
Ned: I'm Dick Tracy! Take that, Pruneface! Now I'm Pruneface! Take that, Dick Tracy! Now I'm Prune Tracy! Take that, Dick-
Doctor: Ned! Stop that at once!
- Again in "The Real Housewives of Fat Tony":
Fat Tony: I like you; I don't know whether to knock you on your kisser or kiss you on your knockers.
Selma: I don't know whether to peck you on your kisser or kiss you on your-
- In Wolverine and the X-Men: Wolverine vs. The Hulk
Wolverine: Oh, you gotta be kidding me, Fury. Mystical curse my a- * violently grabbed by Hulk*
- In the pilot of Archer:
It's Archer's fault. Cyril:
It's fine. Lana:
It's just with the lying, and the cheating, and that thing with the mayonnaise
It's FINE. Lana:
Not to mention how messed up he is about his mother! Did you know he once called her name while we were f- Cyril:
- In The Boondocks episode "Wingman" after Huey's former friend Cairo headbutts him and sends him flying across the deck:
Riley: You got knocked the fu..(Granddad shushes him) never mind.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars has this:
Anakin: If you ask me, that sounds like a load of s—
Anakin: That's one word for it.
- In Futurama, one of the deleted scenes from "Parasites Lost" has Fry explaining that he was trying to stick up for Leela at the truck stop, leading to this exchange:
Leela: Your heart was in the right place, but your brain must've been up your-
Hermes: Moving on to item 0.002!
- In the Beetlejuice episode "Robbin' Juice of Sherweird Forest", after BJ sets himself up as a Robin Hood knock-off, only to con the poor peasants out of having to give them any of the money he steals from the rich, Greek Chorus Alan Airdale starts singing a mocking song:
Alan Airdale: Robbin' Hood, he can't be trusted
Robbin' Hood, his heart is rusted
Robbin' Hood, he's got not class
Robbin' Hood is such an...
(Beetlejuice clubs Alan over the head with his own lute)
- Tex Avery did this at the end of "Blitz Wolf" when the Big Bad Hitler Wolf winds up in hell.
- From the Superman: The Animated Series episode "Speed Demons":
Superman: (Grabbing the Flash as he runs around him) Save it for the race
Flash: Don't worry about me pal, I've got more than enough heat to burn your sorry a—
Mayor: (clearing his throat) Thank you both for participating in this charity event
- From the short Lemmings (2005) made by the crew members of the former animation studio StarToons:
Lemming 1: (singing) Our population's run amuk!
Lemming 2: Can't help it, but we love to f—
Artie: Stop!, you can't say that!