Format to use:
- The meme. [[labelnote:Explanation]]The explanation behind the meme.[[/labelnote]] Explanation
open/close all folders
- <—To Be Continued— - -/Roundabout Explanation
- Whenever an argument about who would beat whom in a fight comes up, the answer is always Giorno. Along with The Flash, he's perhaps the person most commonly brought up in power level debates.
- At least until Eyes of Heaven, where he met Dio.
- The series' distinctive art style has become a meme, being a popular choice for Art Shifted fanart of other series.
- Similarly, if someone randomly throws around the Japanese "dramatic tension" Unsound Effects ゴゴゴゴゴ (GO GO GO GO GO) and ドドドドド (DO DO DO DO DO), it's guaranteed to be a JoJo reference. Thanks to the anime, photoshopping said unsound effects into pictures has also taken off. Thanks to subtitles for the anime, which actually bothered translating the Unsound Effects, "MENACING" has become its own meme.
- "Out of Function/Retire(再起不能/リタイア)"note
- Araki's habit of drawing the characters in very weird poses, such as Diavolo's final pose (when he's running from the little girl), Giorno's "gang-star" pose, and Anasui's model-esque◊ pose, has also spawned some memes.
- "The Hawkeye Initiative? Sorry, but I already read JoJo."
- Joseph's penchant for provocative clothing and poses even by the manga's usual standards (especially in promos) has led to more than a few stripper jokes◊. It's since spiraled into prostitution jokes in the same◊ vein◊ as the edits from K-On!.
- Fans have noted a fair number of coincidental similarities between Part 2 and the movie Zoolander (if Joseph is Derek). The main character's lack of common sense in many areas, the rivalry between Joseph/Derek and the new blonde ripple user/model that comes on to the scene, the large emphasis on posing, the odd fact that some scenes just look familiar, and the fact that both characters had their friends killed by Wamuu.
- "Giant bara deer": A term for the musclebound men in the first parts of JoJo that arose after this animated .gif of Jonathan◊ appeared on /a/ with the filename "giant_bara_deer_caught_in_headlights.gif".
- You are a worthless child Jonathan Explanation
- Anything Joseph says with Gratuitous English, the fans shall never forget.
- Did something, anything, happen? Then shout, "This must be the work of an enemy Stand!", which seems to be the usual (and correct) assumption in Stardust Crusaders.
- Expect 「people」 who talk about Jojo to at least write a 「sentence」 with words closed by 「Japanese quotation marks」 and formatted in bold. Occasionally used to determine if someone has a 「Stand」.
- Araki's apparent hatred of dogs. Explanation
- The series is well known for being Reference Overdosed, especially when it comes to shout outs to classic rock, so fans sometimes like to add even more classic rock references into their fanwork. For example:
You thought it was Ozzy Osbourne, but it was I, Ronnie James Dio!
- Episode 1 of the Abridged version of Phantom Blood accompanies a sad Speedwagon scene with a song by his namesake.
- Dio is often swapped out with his namesake.
- The subtitles for the DUWANG'd version of "Sono Chi Da Sadame" are the lyrics to "Get Back", the song that gives the JoJos their namesake.
- IT'S HAPPENING! Explanation
- Abbacchio+Rohan+F.F=Egg Explanation
- "Read the manga." Explanation
- When the 1997 oneshot American comic Diesel, a hilariously blatant ripoff of the N'Doul fight from Stardust Crusaders (complete with powers literally called Stands), was discovered by the Internet, it was naturally subject to immediate memetic status and derision.
- Jo Jo incoming Explanation
- "Even Speedwagon is afraid!"
- "You thought this would be [X], but it was I, Dio!" (alternatively for the one after comma: "Kono Dio da!") Explanation
Dub!Dio: You thought your first kiss would be JoJo, but it was I, Dio!
- Dio's Stardust Crusaders dub VA seemed to be aware enough of this to use it as confirmation to who he was voicing.
- The English dub even uses that specific phrasing when the original line was closer to "Your first [kiss] wasn't JoJo. It was I, Dio!"
- "Bastard... How many lives have you sucked to heal those wounds?"
- "NANI WO SURUNDA!? YURUSAN!!!" Explanation
- "DIOOOOOOOOO!!!" Explanation
- "Dio did nothing wrong!" Explanation
- Goodbye, JoJo! Explanation
- Your next line will be: "[X]" ! Explanation
- [X]! ... Uh!? Explanation
- "SHIIIZAAAAAAAA!!!" Explanation (spoilers)
- The infamous anatomy description that appears for Kars when he becomes the Ultimate Being. Partly because it's reminiscent of many a bad DeviantArt Gary Stu, but especially for one stand-out entry pointing out that for Kars, "Sex: USELESS".
- Esidisi crying: both his face and the sound he makes when crying in the Japanese dub ("HEEEEEEEEEY!") have become rather popular.
- SEKAI ICHInote
- Ahh! Sto-sama is dead!/あーん!スト様が死んだ! Explanation with mild spoilers for Battle Tendency
- Because of a comment he made regarding his admiration of Jotaro's mother Holly, it's common on most sites to portray Noriaki Kakyoin has having a sexual preference for mothers.
- Polnareff's Bizarre Adventure Explanation .
- Kakyoin dies.Explanation
- "It's finally a Friday..." "Yes...finally here..." "Friday..." Explanation
- The Eggbaby/"Kakyoin, did you lay this egg?" Explanation
- Kakyoin, what happened to you? Explanation
- Jotaro's occupation as a Marine Biologist has lead many to imagine that Jotaro has an intense fondness for Dolphins. This has lead to much fanart and edits of Jotaro with Dolphins, or jokes that he is even zoophilic.
- Which some fans, mainly those from Argentina, adopted the nickname "Delfina" (literally female Dolphin) for Jolyne.
Diamond Is Unbreakable/Diamond Is Not Crash
- The infamous "DUWANG" Translation Trainwreck of part 4, which was originally done by a Chinese student for his English class project. It has brought us some memorable lines such as "Get a feeling so complicated," "Who in face are you?!" "Are you okay reatard? Stupid. I am wood," and "What a beautiful Duwang." The improved Invincible Trio translations in the making keep a few of those as in-jokes and the TV anime is even being "translated" in this style by one fansub group.
- "The first time I saw her, with hands on her knee... how do I say this... I had a boner..."Explanation
- "I'm gonna 'fix' that spaghetti, and reduce it to its original ingredients!"Explanation
- Kinkshaming KiraExplanation
- NO WEAKNESS Explanation
- Rohan's response of "But I refusenote /Like hell I will!note /Daga kotowarunote /だが断る" when Highway Star commands him to call Josuke for help and thus lead him into a trap, is also a popular meme in the Japanese community, applied to any less than stellar Jojo-related info, product or news, or even anything in general. Ironically, Rohan uses this line and claims that he likes to say "NO!" to the faces of people who think they're hot shit, despite Rohan himself fitting that bill a good deal. Its also seen as an act of badass on Rohan's part, as he was in mortal peril and an inch away from losing his life to Highway Star only to rudely deny Highway Star's demand anyhow.
- Here comes a special boy! Explanation
- Gay Priest has arrived.Explanation
- KABUTOMUSHI/RHINOCEROS BEETLEExplanation
- You said Kabutomushi [x] times asshole Explanation
Steel Ball Run
- Using "Jesus mummified steel ball Christ!" (and variants) as an epithet. Explanation
- "EAT SHIT, ASSHOLE! FALL OFF YOUR HORSE!" Explanation
- Look, I know we need to win this race, but Jesus told me we need to kill the president. Explanation
- "Your stand is like your asshole. You can't go around showing it off to other people." Explanation
Animated Adaptations (OVA, David Productions Anime)
- Dio loves 7Up.Explanation
- AWAKEN, MY MASTERS!/MEZAMETAMAE, WAGA ARUJITACHI YO!/目覚めたまえッ！我が主たちよ!Explanation
- Calling Wamuu's Holy Sandstorm attack the "Holy Wubstorm", after the Pillar Men's dubstep leitmotif.
- Shadow Jotaro Explanation
- With the TV anime premiere of Stardust Crusaders, it has become popular to swap out Dio's Hermit Purple-generated photo with just◊ about◊ anything◊ else◊.
- After the first PV for the Part 4 anime was released, many fans were quick to make jokes about Jotaro's rather...off looking redesign.
- Ever since the Diamond is Unbreakable anime was confirmed, everyone's been making jokes about the ending theme being All Star by Smash Mouth. Explanation
- Koichi's first meeting Jotaro involves crashing into him, but the anime looks more like he bounced off of his crotch, many jokes were made about this. As was the fact that Koichi bumping into Jotaro's groin area made a metal clanging noise...
- "Dr. Jotaro Kujo: Respected 28 year-old marine biologist with a PHD., married man, and father to a seven year old girl. Goes to Japan to sort out his grandfather's inheritance and almost immediately gets into a fist-fight with a teenager." Explanation
- The Ear Worm that is the Morioh Radio jingle. Mori-mori-morioooooh-cho Radiooooo~
- " You had one job, woman! ONE JOB!" Explanation
- Koichi's pose◊ from the opening of the anime has been photoshopped onto many images.
- Fan designs for Part 4!Kakyoin are rising in popularity, the Japanese fandom on Twitter in particular has been drawing on screenshots of Jotaro to add him in it.
- Peed Agon Explanation
- Nigel Uno has grown up, and now he's even more dangerous. Explanation
Video Games (Heritage For The Future, All Star Battle, Eyes of Heaven)
- Thanks to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future, plus a certain Flash video, Dio is one of the most infamous manga villains of all time.
- Diamond is Not Crazy [[labelnote: Explanation]]A shorthand way of referring to the legal-dodging renames in the English version of All-Star Battle, in the shape of Part 4's Engrish-y name; specifically, to Josuke's Crazy Diamond having its name changed to Shining Diamond.
- Also, Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price. Explanation
- Lastly, D4C Pain Train! Explanation
- Zipper Man Explanation
- Also, Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price. Explanation
- How deep can I hit it? Balls deep! Explanation
- FIVE DIOSExplanation
- Flaccid Pancake! Explanation