Western Animation: The Loud House
The Loud House is an upcoming animated series created by Chris Savino. It is slated to air on Nickelodeon in 2016. It is the 37th cartoon in the Nicktoons brand.The series follows the adventures of Lincoln, the only boy in a large family with ten sisters. Savino has stated that the series was based on his own childhood.The series was chosen from Nickelodeon's 2013 Animated Shorts Program. You can see the pilot for the series here.
Tropes Pertaining to the Series:
- Alpha Bitch: Lori, the oldest of Lincoln's sisters.Lori: Beat it, twerp.Lincoln: Come on, Lori, no fair! I was here first!Lori: Well, I was born first.
- Alphabetical Theme Naming: All the kids' names start with L. In addition, all the girls names (or nicknames) have four letters in them, whereas Lincoln has more.
- Alliterative Name: The Loud family. Lincoln Loud, Luna Loud, Lola Loud, Lori Loud, etc.
- Cool Big Sis: Luna is established as one in her first appearance in the pilot.
- Dysfunctional Family
- Dumb Blonde: Played straight with Leni, but subverted with the other blondes in the family.
- Goth: Lucy.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: In the pilot, to get Lori out of the bathroom, Lincoln uses his baby sister's diaper on a hockey stick to drive her out. Of course, with the door closed, the look of the situation (Lincoln was half-naked), and the choice of words Lori uses, it sounded like it could have be "something else".
- Hidden Eyes: Lucy's eyes are hidden behind her Blinding Bangs.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: The focus of the show is the main character living with his 10 sisters.
- Middle Child Syndrome: Lincoln is right smack in the middle of his sisters.
- While his sisters have actual bedrooms, Lincoln's is actually a closet.
- Odd Name Out: All the girls have four letters in their names, but Lincoln doesn't.
- Passionate Sports Girl: Lynn.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Lana and Lola.
- Lincoln has a Great Mazinger figure in his room in the pilot.
- The brand of Luna's amplifier is called Sterrett, a nod to Cliff Sterrett, creator of the comic strip Polly and Her Pals.
- The Smart Girl: Lisa.
- The Stoic: Lucy (all the time) and Lisa (most of the time).
- The One Guy: Lincoln is the only boy in his family.
- The Trickster: Luan.
- Toilet Humor: The pilot for the series focused on Lincoln attempting to use the bathroom, followed by Lincoln using his Lily's dirty diaper to chase Lori out.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: All he girls have varying degrees of masculinity and femininity, but Lana and Lola are the most obvious and centralized examples.
- Youthful Freckles: Lincoln, Luna and Lynn have these.