Western Animation: The Loud House
The Loud House is an upcoming animated series created by Chris Savino. It is slated to air on Nickelodeon in 2016. It is the 37th cartoon in the Nicktoons brand.The series follows the adventures of Lincoln, the only boy in a large family with ten sisters. Savino has stated that the series was based on his own childhood.The series was chosen from Nickelodeon's 2013 Animated Shorts Program. You can see the pilot for the series here.Here's also a sneak peak from San Diego Comic-Con 2015.
Tropes Pertaining to the Series:
- Alphabetical Theme Naming: All the kids' names start with L. In addition, all the girls names (or nicknames) have four letters in them, whereas Lincoln has more.
- Alliterative Name: The Loud family. Lincoln Loud, Luna Loud, Lola Loud, Lori Loud, etc.
- Artistic License – Biology: The chances of having eleven kids and only one boy are statistically improbable.
- Big Sister Bully: Lori, the oldest of Lincoln's sisters.Lori: Beat it, twerp.
Lincoln: Come on, Lori, no fair! I was here first!
Lori: Well, I was born first.
- Black Best Friend: Clyde
- Boyish Short Hair: Luna.
- Brainless Beauty / Dumb Blonde: Played straight with Leni, but subverted with the other blondes in the family.
- Child Prodigy: Lisa, who has already graduated from college with a PhD at age 4.
- Cool Big Sis: Luna is established as one in her first appearance in the pilot.
- Creepy Child: Lucy Loud.
- Diaper Check: Lily's basic schtick.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Lola mentions Mom in the pilot, but in the actual series they don't have a mom.
- Emo: Lucy.
- Establishing Character Moment: Every one of the sisters gets one in the pilot, all in under two minutes.
- Eureka Moment: Lincoln in the pilot; after Lori beats him to the bathroom and starts to panic about holding it in, he gets distracted by the smell of Lily's dirty diaper.Lincoln: Ugh, that stench can clear up a room. (realization) Clear up a room!
- Fourth Wall Observer: Lincoln.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: In the pilot, to get Lori out of the bathroom, Lincoln uses his baby sister's diaper on a hockey stick to drive her out. Of course, with the door closed, the look of the situation (Lincoln was half-naked), and the choice of words Lori uses, it sounded like it could have be "something else".
- Hidden Eyes: Lucy's eyes are hidden behind her Blinding Bangs.
- Invisible Parents: Lincoln and his sisters' parents, at least in the pilot.
- Limited Wardrobe: In Lincoln's bedroom/closet, you can see identical orange t-shirts hanging from a clothesrack.
- Living Prop: Lily, which is a given, as she's a baby and can barely talk.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: The focus of the show is the main character living with his 10 sisters.
- Middle Child Syndrome: Lincoln is right smack in the middle of his sisters.
- While his sisters have actual bedrooms, Lincoln's is actually a closet. But while the girls have to share their rooms, Lincoln is the only one who gets his own space.
- Odd Name Out: All the girls have four letters in their names, but Lincoln doesn't.
- Offscreen Teleportation: Lucy has an uncanny ability to do this, often spooking the living daylights of whoever's nearby.
- Outnumbered Sibling: Lincoln is outnumbered ten to one.
- Passionate Sports Girl: Lynn.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Lana and Lola.
- Lincoln has a Great Mazinger figure in his room in the pilot.
- The brand of Luna's amplifier is called Sterrett, a nod to comic artist Cliff Sterrett, whose work is an influence on the show's art style. He also provides the namesake of the family's cat.
- Speech Impediment: Lisa speaks with a lateral lisp.
- The Smart Girl: Lisa.
- The Stoic: Lucy (all the time) and Lisa (most of the time).
- The One Guy: Lincoln is the only boy in his family.
- The Trickster: Luan.
- Toilet Humor: The pilot for the series focused on Lincoln attempting to use the bathroom, followed by Lincoln using his Lily's dirty diaper to chase Lori out.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: All he girls have varying degrees of masculinity and femininity, but Lana and Lola are the most obvious and centralized examples.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Lynn and Luan.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Lincoln has white hair, which only occurs if one dyes his hair or is an albino. Though the creator implied that it wasn't always that way.
- Youthful Freckles: Lincoln, Luna and Lynn have these.