Western Animation: Pig Goat Banana Cricket
Sweet mama's monkeys!Pig Goat Banana Cricket! is a Nickelodeon cartoon created by Dave Cooper and Johnny Ryan, who previously worked on Nickelodeon Magazine. It is the 36th series in the Nicktoons brand.The series follows the interlocking misadventures of four college roommates: Pig, Goat, Banana, and Cricket in their city.The series was adapted from a Nick Cross short on YouTube named Pig Goat Banana Mantis!. The reason for the change in Mantis' name was that another Nickelodeon cartoon had a character named Mantis.The show premiered on Saturday, July 18th at 10:30am.Click here to see the original short.
- Adobe Flash
- A Dog Named Dog: Pig... Goat... Banana... Cricket...
- Art Evolution: In addition to having his name changed from Mantis, Cricket was redesigned to look more like one for the series.
- Anthropomorphic Food: Banana walks and talks just like any other creature in the city.
- Catch Phrase: Pig has two: "(food item)? Yum!" and "My favorite!".
- Banana: "Sweet mama's monkey!"
- Fire-Breathing Diner: In "The Chronicles of Cutesachusetts" when Pig attempts to eat a flaming pickle the first two bites result in this, then the third causes his head to explode.
- Four Lines, All Waiting: All of the main characters get their own plot each episode.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Pig is phlegmatic, Goat is choleric, Banana is sanguine, and Cricket is melancholic.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: Cricket carries a ray gun with him.
- Funny Animal: Pig, Goat, and Cricket.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Cricket.
- Grossout Show: Judging from the original short, there is a lot of snot, pus, and other unsavory objects.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Goat could rival Yosemite Sam or even Sylvia in these stakes whenever she's pissed off.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Goat.
- Idiot Hero: Pig.
- Informed Species: Cricket still resembles a praying mantis.
- Lazy Bum: Banana.
- Plot Line Crossover: Each of the main characters' plot lines usually end up affecting one or more of the others' in some way.
- Random Events Plot: Pretty much every episode.
- Running Gag: This show is very reliant on these.
- The Smurfette Principle: Goat serves as the token girl of the group.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: Flip-flopped in "Super Space Meatball", where our main characters are given superpowers by the titular meatball. Goat is given the ability to telepathically control oatmeal, which initially proves to be a hassle when she almost causes the president of the planet to choke to death during a trip to the store, but eventually uses it to save the day when a villain attacks, summoning a tidal wave of oatmeal to subdue him.
- Widget Series: Just watch the opening sequence. That's just 1/4 of the weirdness of this show.