Western Animation: Magilla Gorilla
Created in 1964 by Hanna-Barbera, Magilla Gorilla lives in Peebles' Pet Shop. Magilla occasionally gets sold, but the purchaser always returns him, or he flees the purchaser back to the safety of the pet shop. There's one person who'd love to have him for a pet — a little girl named Ogee, who only has a penny, and parents who really don't want a gorilla in a house.Allan Melvin and Howard Morris did most of the character voices. Supporting segments on the show were Punkin Puss and Mush Mouse, a backwoods version of Tom and Jerry, and Ricochet Rabbit, a variation on H-B's own Quick Draw McGraw.
- Animated Anthology
- Ash Face
- Badly Battered Babysitter: when Magilla has to watch a troop of scouts in the woods.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Punkin Puss, Mushmouse, Ricochet Rabbit and Deputy Droop-along.
- Cheerful Child: Ogee, the little girl who befriended Magilla.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: Obviously.
- Expository Theme Tune
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Magilla is the rare "bottom but no top" version. Most of the characters in Punkin Puss and Mush Mouse and Ricochet Rabbit also qualify.
- High Dive Hijinks
- Soap Punishment: Magilla was occasionally a victim of this punishment for "lying". (Cassandra Truths, actually).
- Talking Animal
- Yiddish as a Second Language ("Magilla" is pronounced identically to "megillah".)
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.