Mary Kate and Ashley IN ACTION! was a short-lived Saturday Morning Cartoon series produced by DiC Entertainment that aired on ABC. Coming off of the big Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen craze throughout the nineties, the girls voiced a pair of twin sisters named Misty (for Mary-Kate) and Amber (for Ashley), a pair of undercover teen superspies that go around the world solving crimes and mysteries mostly relating to things in the fashion world, going to cities such as Rome, Paris and London (where they went in their own DTV-movies before).The show was canceled after just one season (consisting of only 26-episodes) due to poor ratings.
Tropes used by the series:
- The Cruella: Renee La Rouge.
- The Dragon: Sylvie.
- Enemy Mine: "Bad Hair Day."
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French: Renee La Rouge and Sylvie.
- Femme Fatale: Renee La Rouge.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Ivan Quintero.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Even though Misty and Amber look identical, there are some ways to tell them apart —
- Misty's hair was considerably straighter while Amber's hair was a lot wavier.
- Much like how they were portrayed in their DTV-film series, Misty seemed to be a little more tomboyish while Amber seemed to be more of a Girly Girl.
- Modesty Towel: Renee in "In A Lather."
- Not Quite Starring: While the Olsen-twins do voice the lead characters, their characters are named "Misty" and "Amber" rather than having the same names as their respective voice actresses.
- Overt Operative: They're Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, obviously.
- Robot Dog: Quincy's technically a robot.
- Shout-Out: In "Bad Hair Day", the Olsen twins' hair resemble a Super Saiyan.
- Teen Superspy: They're teenagers and they're secret agents.
- They Fight Crime!: The Olsen twins and a talking dog. They fight crime.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Rodney Choy.