Maryoku Yummy is a TV show aimed towards pre-teens and pre-schoolers. The show takes place in Nozomu, a fantastical world where all children's wishes go to be granted, populated by the colorful 'Yummies.'Gentle and understanding Maryoku is a wishsitter, who watches over wishes with her friends Fij Fij and Ooka.
- Aesop Amnesia: Seen in spades. Hadagi always forgets to be kinder to others, Fij Fij forgets to be less panicky, Shika forgets to be less uptight, and Ooka forgets to be less lazy.
- Alpha Bitch: Hadagi, of course. She's completely stuck up and narcissistic, and the polar opposite of Maryoku.
- Broken Aesop: "Flip, Flop, and Float" has Maryoku getting ill and keeps trying to help her friends but only makes things worse and only gets sicker. The moral says that "when you're sick, stay in bed", but the reason why Fij and Ooka wouldn't tell the truth to Maryoku was that they did not want to offend her. So it unintentionally states that it's fine to hurt someone's feelings if it's real important.
- By "No", I Mean "Yes": Baburu did this while commenting on Hadagi's latest scheme in "Ha Ha Hadagi."
- Catch-Phrase: Everyone says "Wishy Wish, Wishy Woo, another wish is coming true!" frequently.
- Cowardly Sidekick: Fij Fij is Maryoku'a sidekick and is quite a wimp.
- Doomy Dooms of Doom: Fij Fij loves adding "doom" to a lot of his sentences.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Hadagi. She's a bully to Oolong and a jerk to Maryoku, but she (occasionally) learns her lesson.
- Mood Whiplash: Ooka's reaction to the broken statue of herself in "Detective Ooka". At first she begins to cry, but then stops when she realizes that it "didn't look like her anyways". Ironically, it DID look like her.
- Odd Name Out: Bob is the only character with a normal human name.
- Smurfing: "Yum" finds its way into all kinds of words. Yumgantic, yumderful, etc.
- Silent Partner: Oolong. He's partners with Hadagi.
- Third-Person Person: Fudan talks like this, probably due to his young age.