No need for such a biting response, Calvin.
Bitten in ze butt!
Got an awful tear!
Took a little nibble from my derriere!
I will get you in ze end, dog!
You'll regret you bit me, chum!
Ooooh, I am so irritated I got bitten in ze bum!
Animals are one of nature's beauties of the earth. Some are cute and cuddly while others can be rather shy. However, there's this kind of animal, the biting kind that can literally bite you on the butt
if you're not careful.
This breed of animal is what's known as a Butt Biter; they can be dogs, cats, pigs, ferrets, any other animal you can think of. The next time you come across this type of animal, beware.
Often results in the butt-biter making off with a piece of trouser fabric, leaving a hole behind through which Goofy Print Underwear
may be visible.
Subtrope of: Amusing Injuries
and Literal Ass Kicking
Compare: Pinching Pain
, Animals Hate Him
open/close all folders
- The famous Coppertone sunblock dog.
Anime & Manga
- Not really getting bitten, but JP from Digimon Frontier gets pinched in the butt by a crab.
- ½ Prince has this happen to the main character in the first chapter. First with a flesh-eating slime, then with a wolf. It quickly becomes his Berserk Button.
- Happens to King Dedede near the end of that episode of Kirby of the Stars with the Dedede dolls as a result of one of said dolls being bitten by a mole shortly after being buried in the ground as an attempt to prevent it from menacing anyone. Dedede then proceeds to thrash around, causing the doll to attack the innocent one last time before Kirby swallows the doll, causing Dedede to for some reason fly off into outer space and fly past a planet shaped like him.
- In the manga Fullmetal Alchemist Den (the Rockbell family dog) bites Heinkel's butt when he believes them to be intruders upon seeing them threatening Winry (believing her to also be an intruder). In the anime, it is Darius's butt he bites. The whole thing is just a comical misunderstanding.
- A dog does this to Shinobu in Love Hina. What makes it worse is that this is after she had already failed some tests at school. The same dog also bites Keitaro earlier on in the manga.
- In an episode of City Hunter, a guard dog bites Kaori, ripping at the same time the seat of her pants.
- Believe it or not, Chris actually fell victim to this trope once, at the end of the Moses episode of Superbook. Chris tried pinning the blame for breaking his father's vase on his dog Ruffles. Ruffles, not taking too kindly to being his scapegoat, began chasing after Chris, until halfway down the stairs, when she clearly looks like she just bitten him on the rump.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Jim Cook's companion crocodile Karen bit Kenzan and Shou on two different occasions.
- Early in Eyeshield 21, Monta falls victim to this from Cerberus. After that, he has a discussion with Sena about joining the football team, and decides that he's not ready to give up on his dream of becoming a baseball player just yet. As he gets up to leave, Sena calls out for him to stop... not because he's still trying to convince Monta, but because Monta has a huge hole in the seat of his pants (underpants too, even).
- In the Korean animated series Dooly The Little Dinosaur, a dinosaur take a bite out of a wicked witch's backside, exposing her underpants to the villagers she was threatening , before being chased by the monster.
- In Japanese children's series Bottom Biting Bug/Oshiri Kajiri Mushi this is the entire premise of the show, as well as a rare example of the butt-bite being an entirely positive experience. As the DVD text describes, "when bitten by a Bottom Biting Bug, people with hunched backs will have their posture corrected, depressed people will start to laugh, and people who had no confidence will suddenly become self-assured - those bitten are cheered up until they seem like entirely different people".
- De cape et de crocs: Justified in that the main characters are a wolf and a fox, and are tied up. This even leads to a sadly-untranslateable Double Entendre: the others are using various puns based on what body part is being attacked (forehead, eye, throat, the guy getting bitten stops short of saying he's being sodomized).
- In the Nintendo Power comic of Super Mario Adventures, both Mario and Luigi, while trapped inside of a haunted house, had to deal with BUM-BITING BOO-BUDDIES!!!
- The Bzz Fly in The Smurfs comic "The Black Smurfs", who causes Smurfs to turn black by biting them in the tail. Also the purple fly in the Animated Adaptation counterpart "The Purple Smurfs".
- This is the favorite move of Dogmatix, Obélix's pet dog, from the Astérix comics. Since he's very small, he also has no trouble clinging to the butt he's biting, which usually results in the subject (most often a Roman) running around while yelling.
- Calvin and Hobbes: Pictured above, Calvin got bitten by a fish while he was out fishing.
- Happens to Rat in a Pearls Before Swine strip.
- During one series of Popeye sundays, Wimpy got an Angry Guard Dog attached to the seat of his pants after trying to steal it's owner's ducks. Not even sending it to the dry cleaners would remove the dog. Wimpy walked through an alley full of strays in hopes the biter would let go and play with the other dogs, only for those other dogs to start biting too!
- In Dennis the Menace, Gnasher does this to the postman. One story revealed he had a collection of ripped seats from blue uniform trousers.
Films — Animation
Films — Live-Action
- The Mask. While wearing the title item, Milo the dog bites one of Dorian Tyrell's mooks on the bottom.
- Another Jim Carrey movie providing an example was How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, which Max does this to persuade The Grinch to save Cindy Lou in the post office.
- In Inspector Gadget, Brain the intelligent dog bites the evil Dr. Claw, ripping off at the same time his blue boxers (no nudity, it's a Disney movie).
- Disney, once again, with one of the dogs from Homeward Bound II: Lost in San Francisco tearing off a dognapper's underpants.
- It happens to Skinner and Le Pelt in both movies based on 101 Dalmatians.
- In the Disney independent film The Duke, a dog takes her revenge towards her owner by biting her bottom.
- The sorceress played by Kathleen Turner in A Simple Wish gets bitten on the bum by her own assistant, changed into a dog earlier in the movie.
- The Three Stooges: Even Curly wasn't immune to the bite to the seat of his pants from a US Marine Corps bulldog in the movie Higher Than a Kite... especially when a picture of Hitler was stuck on Curly's butt!
- A zombie attacks a cheerleader by biting her on the ass in Return Of The Living Dead Rave To The Grave.
- In the Surreal Horror film Hausu, Mac's decapitated head bites Fanta in the rear.
- In City Slickers II the main characters are told a story of some guy who got bitten by a rattlesnake while taking a crap. Later Phil thinks he's been bitten, and after much deliberation Mitch prepares to suck the venom out only to see that Phil just sat on a cactus.
- In Extinction (War of the Spider Queen series) a warrior told how an upstart mage of his House once tried to "teach him his place" by polymorphing into a riding lizard and saddling. This didn't quite work as planned, in that the transgressor was unable to sit for some time, blaming it on a "riding accident".
- In The Dresden Files book Changes, Mouse the Celestial Foo Dog of the titular wizard threates the Leanansidhe, Harry Dresden's Faerie Godmother with this if she does not behave. Lea actually seems a slightly taken aback.
- In the Discworld novel Jingo, Angua, a werewolf, mentions having bitten someone on the bum.
- When discussing becoming a bird or a fish in Dr Franklins Island, Semi says that she would like to be a great white shark and bite Doctor Skinner's bum. Bite it right off.
- Xena: Warrior Princess is bitten on the arse by Ares's dog in the episode "Old Ares has a farm."
- In the David Lynch/Mark Frost soap-opera On the Air, a dog bites the large backside of the angry assistant of an actress.
- The unlucky Raven from That's So Raven gets her booty bitten twice during a costume party.
- In Conkers Bad Fur Day, Conker mounts a Raptor and uses it to actually bite chunks out of a giant caveman's butt. It Makes Sense in Context.
- In Mickey Mania, Pluto gives Pete a bite on the rear at the beginning of the final boss fight, just like in the cartoon it's based on (see below).
- Blitz of Road Rovers often does this to the bad guys. Hearing him brag about gets a LOT of wry looks from the others.
- Many times in Looney Tunes, MGM Cartoons, etc. Often the dog will hang on for a very long time, like hours.
- Hanna-Barbera has two dogs known to follow the trope: Muttley and Precious Pup. Dino from The Flintstones also had been known to give a nip or two to Fred's behind from time to time
- In the Tex Avery cartoon Three Little Pups the wolf is bitten in the butt by a bulldog. He goes to a changing screen and hangs up his pants... with the dog still attached. A few scenes later he walks by the screen again, and the dog is still there! Wolf tells him...
Wolf: Okay, break it up son. Jokes over ya'hear?
- One Rita and Runt short from Animaniacs was a parody of Les Misérables, and had a character who'd been bitten break into song about it (lyrics shown).
- It happens in some Woody Woodpecker cartoons, generally to a dumb dogcatcher or the mean-spirited Miss Meany.
- Happens to Candace in an episode of Phineas and Ferb.
- In the Rugrats episode "The Smell of Success", the bully that has been bothering Chuckie and Tommy the entire episode gets knocked backwards into an anthill by Chuckie's sneeze. The ants crawl down the back of the bully's shorts and bite his rear end, prompting him to run off.
- Referenced on The Simpsons
Homer: Lisa, remember that postcard Grampa sent us from Florida of that alligator biting that woman's bottom?
Bart: Oh, yeah, that was brilliant!
Homer: That's right, we all thought it was hilarious. But it turns out we were wrong: that alligator was sexually harassing that woman.
Bart: And the dog in the Coppertone ad? Same deal, Dad?
Homer: Well, that's kind of a grey area.
- Besides the aforementioned purple fly, there's also the Japanese slumber bug in The Smurfs Season 9 episode "Papa's Big Snooze".
- Tuff Puppy: Dudley Puppy not only is an animal, he bites his butt himself!
- This happens to Mr. Bogus in the third act of the episode "Bookstore Bogus", after a giant bug bites him in the backside, and tears off a piece of his painting jacket.
- In Wakfu season 2, during "Le Rush" in Rushu's world, Sadlygrove is bitten in the butt by one of the 666 minor demons the heroes are fighting.
- Police dogs can actually do this to criminals that they pursue.
- Aggressive horses are known to do this, particularly when they have no other means of expressing their displeasure.
- Camels too.