"Ow! My boobs! I need those for seducing!"Breast Attack is the Distaff Counterpart to Groin Attack, since receiving blunt trauma to the breasts is painful for women, though maybe not as painful as Groin Attack is for men (not that many people can be a proper judge of that). The nipples are also rather sensitive, though this is also true for men to a lesser extent. In reality, a Groin Attack is much more dangerous and painful for women than a Breast Attack, not even so much because of genitalia but more because of being a site of most major vital nerves and blood-vessels to the lower extremities. However, in a fight, breasts are a much easier target, which is why the Breast Attack is much more common than a female Groin Attack. A Breast Attack is sometimes intended to show that the male attacker is playing dirty (and against a woman too, how low!). You're supposed to wince at this one, but this trope is occasionally Played for Laughs. If the victim is already a Butt-Monkey, it's okay to laugh. Or if it's a woman doing it to another woman. Or a man getting a purple nurple. Note that in Real Life this attack is almost always considered a low blow (no matter who does it) and can cause minor injury, which is why we recommend that you Don't Try This at Home. Contrast Torpedo Tits (where breasts attack you). Also contrast Primal Chest-Pound, when a character hits his own chest (usually a male, as it's a lot less painful for them).
— Hinata, Naruto: The Abridged Series
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Basilisk, a series about ninjas with supernatural powers and quite the avoidance for fighting rules, uses or mentions this thrice:
- Josuke revealed that he survived Akeginu's attack by suddenly grabbing her breast, hurting her.
- Later, Rozai threatens to rip Okoi's Boobs of Steel if she refuses to speak. He doesn't get the chance, as she kills him.
- And much later, Tenzen performs Cold-Blooded Torture on Kagerou by stripping her down to her waist, tying her up to a post, and shooting needles into her bare breasts.
- In Burn Up Excess, Rio caught in a choke hold by the female Dragon, she frees herself by squeezing the dragons breasts before knocking her out.
- In Change 123, Ginga both bites and slaps Mikiri's breasts during their fight.
- Parodied in Fushigi Yuugi. Miaka was dreaming of food while she was sick in bed, then she woke up so hungry that she accidentally bit her caretaker Shouka's breast when she came to check on her well being.
- In Hellsing, in a Shoot the Hostage moment, Alucard shoots the Villain of the Week through Seras, making a rather large hole through her right breast. She gets better, though. More or less.
- Rip Van Winkle gets a particularly brutal one by Alucard. He took her musket and impaled her through her left breast with it. Keep in mind that her musket has no bayonet and therefore is completely blunt and impractical for stabbing, so it must've hurt much worse.
- Happens in Highschool of the Dead, when Takashi grabs one of Saeko's huge breasts and squeezes it strongly, to the point of almost crushing it, while giving her a Rousing Speech to stop her from letting herself be killed.
- Ichi the Killer.
- Poor Myu-Myu. (See Film example below for why. It's not pretty.)
- In another scene, a prostitute has her nipples cut off.
- One woman is punched in the breast with enough force to crush the internal tissue .
- InuYasha: In episode 4, Inuyasha pulls one off against Yura, opening a gaping hole in her chest in the process. Yura is unfazed and simply scolds him for trying to cop a feel.
- Self-inflicted in The Legend of Mother Sarah, where the title character thrusts a wooden stake through her right breast in order for it to stop lactating and to punish herself for having killed her own infant. She is now wearing a permanent prosthetic right breast made of steel.
- Kabuto didn't mean to attack Tsunade's breasts. He was just trying to stab her in the heart, but her brobdingnagian boobage got in the way.
- Doubly played for laughs, as Kabuto can't determine if his attack on her internal organs was ineffective because her advanced ninja training let her deflect/cancel it out or because her breasts are just too damn big to get through.
- Hinata was hit with one as well. Her cousin was aiming for her heart.
- Kabuto didn't mean to attack Tsunade's breasts. He was just trying to stab her in the heart, but her brobdingnagian boobage got in the way.
- In chapter 32 of Okusan a ball hits Kyouko's right breasts so hard from the side it causes the left one to bounce into another girl's face who was standing beside her◊.
- In episode 3 of Onee-chan ga Kita, Ichika slaps her friend Marina's breasts after the former's brother stares at them when first being introduced to each other. The friend is understandably confused to the sudden slap.
- Near the end of the Red/Green/Blue arc in Pokémon Adventures, Bluenote makes some derogatory comments about Sabrina's bustline, so Sabrina has her Alakazam slash Blue across the chest to spite her. Too bad Blue was baiting her, and the attack opened the Pokéballs she'd stashed in Victoria's Secret Compartment. (This is Bowdlerized in the current English version, though the original one had it intact.)
- Ranma ˝, instead of punching, grabbing hold and squeezing is a common trick (mostly by the Tendo sisters) to subdue Ranma in female form, mostly because Ranma - a guy who's cursed to transform into a woman - is still unused to the enhanced sensitivity and because it's funny.
- In episode 5 of Rosario + Vampire, while playing chicken in the pool, Yukari actually bites Kurumu's left breast.
- In Street Fighter IV: The Ties That Bind, Cammy received this from C.Viper. Before this, she even received a Groin Attack, too! And both were charged with electricity! OUCH.
- Berserk: Casca getting the Brand of Sacrifice painfully slapped onto her left breast is but the beginning of her ordeal during the Eclipse.
- Inverted in Keijo!!!!!!!!, where breasts attack you. Then there's Nozomi's "Bust to Bust Attack", where she strikes an opponent's breasts with her own breasts.
- At one point in Daily Life with Monster Girl, Centorea gets stung on the nipple by a Japanese Giant Hornet. She has Kimihito suck the venom out to save her life. And the next chapter revealed that she was never in any danger, she just wanted an excuse to have Kimihito touch her.
- In the Garth Ennis Super Hero satire The Pro, the main character is a bitter, cynical hooker with a baby who is given powers and inducted into a JLA-like organization to fight crime. In a case at the UN, she is shot by a supervillain with a laser in the gut. Bad idea. With an outraged cry "Cunt RAG!", she gives the villianess a titty-twisting that made EVERYBODY wince.
- "You punched me in the boob! Prepare to die, obviously!"
- I don't hit girls...They're soft...
- The Incredible Hercules provides us, the world's most divine purple nurple.◊
- Braga the orc takes an arrow in the breast during battle in Rat Queens. This only makes her angry.
Braga: You put an arrow in my favorite boob, fuckwit!
- In The Legend of Total Drama Island, when a challenge pits the alpha females against each other in gladiatorial combat, the winner shows her vicious streak by "finishing" the loser with a sustained shock to each breast from cattle prods.
- Megami No Hanabira: Mai does this to herself in her frantic efforts to dodge attacks raining down on her during an ambush: she takes a diving leap behind cover and pretty much does a belly flop, and she takes a moment to bite her knuckle and fight back tears once her safety is assured.
Mai: (thinking) YEOWW! Owowowowow...oh, my boobs...that dive was NOT a good idea!
- Scary Movie 4: A torture device that's a parody of the death traps from Saw does purple nurples.
- Million Dollar Baby: "I want you to jab that kraut right in the tits until they turn blue and fall off!"
- In Kung Pow! Enter the Fist, The Chosen One defeats a cow he is fighting by milking it.
- This is after the cow attacks him by milking itself and using the jets of milk as a distraction.
- Played for laughs in Jackie Chan's Operation Condor when a large woman is double-punched in the chest and her breasts bounce with a sound effect better suited to something much heavier. She is rendered incapable of fighting until she stops them bouncing. Jackie at least has the decency to apologize.
- In Roger Avary's Killing Zoe the titular Zoe slaps the (male) main character's nipple for calling her a prostitute. In fairness he had just paid her for sex.
- In Sudden Impact Jennifer Spencer is on a Roaring Rampage of Revenge on a group of people who had raped her and her sister years before. Before she kills them she shoots them in the groin. One woman was involved - she shoots her in the breast.
- In Mallrats, Gwen sneaks up on her old boyfriend TS, who jumps and "elbows [her] right in the freakin' tit!" She responds by giving TS an upward double axe handle to the groin. (Brodie uses the opportunity to explain his opinion of karmic justice to TS.)
- In an unfilmed scene from an early draft of Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Jeanie Bueller is talking with one of her friends; her friend pisses her off, and Jeannie responds, "I'll sock your tits."
- In the film Kingpin, the male and female leads get into a fist fight. The female delivers a few shots between the legs so the male delivers several Breast Attacks.
- At one point in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Scott is attacked by a cloaked figure. When he strikes back, the figure yells: "You punched me in the boob! Prepare to die, obviously!"
- In Crank: High Voltage, a prostitute is shot in the breasts, though it only causes her implants to leak.
- After seducing another character, Angela rips the skin off her breasts in the Night of the Demons (2009) remake.
- House At The Edge Of The Park when the villain gets his hands on the most innocent character who arrives late to the party.
- In Kill Bill volume 2, when the Bride goes after Budd, she's taken down when Budd unloads two barrels worth of rock salt from his shotgun into her breasts.
Budd: That gentled ya down some. Ain't nobody a badass with a double dose of rock salt that deep in their tits. Not havin' tits as fine or big as yours, I can't even imagine how bad that shit must sting... yet I don't want to, neither.
- Karl hacks off and eats a breast in Violent Shit.
- Sawney Bean is shown drinking blood out of a severed breast in Hillside Cannibals.
- In the original Scary Movie, Ghostface stabs Drew Decker in the chest only to pull the knife out with the breast implant impaled on it.
- In Ichi the Killer, Saburo tortures Myu-Myu by stretching her nipples with crocodile clips and then severs them both with a single pull of the scalpel.
- In the original The Bad News Bears, Tatum O'Neal's character has to be removed from the big game when she is spiked in the chest area by a player on the other team.
- The Alpha Bitch from the rival sorority in The House Bunny has a habit of punching her best friend in the boob when she's in a bad mood.
- In the 1983 remake of The Wicked Lady, the titular Wicked Lady, played by Faye Dunaway, takes vengeance for a slight made by a peasant girl (Marina Sirtis) by expertly whipping her until she is stripped to the waist; the whip targets her breasts as well as her back. NSFW picture here.
- How To Be Single: Robin (Rebel Wilson) is trying to instruct Alice (Dakota Johnson) in text message etiquette:
If you use an emoji, I will tit-punch you.
- In On a Pale Horse, the hero's girlfriend, Luna, is tortured by being stripped to her waist, and her chest being touched by active electrodes.
- A particular magic-user in the Sword of Truth series controls people (women and men alike) by cutting off a nipple to use in Sympathetic Magic.
- In Book 5 of The Faerie Queene, during Britomart's Combat by Champion with Radigund, the narrator notes that the two women did not "spare each other's most tender parts," or something like that, despite both being women and therefore knowing how much it would hurt. I guess we have here the logic behind Cat Fight and Designated Girl Fight.
- In the fourth book of A Song of Ice and Fire, The Blue Bard is being tortured by the Mad Doctor Qyburn on Cersei's orders under the Red Keep. During said torture scene, he remarks about men's nipples sometimes being as sensitive as women's nipples, then removes the Bard's nipples.
- In an early chapter of Friday, the heroine is tortured by having one of her nipples cut off. This being science fiction, her doctor is able to regrow the body part, but it is good for a guilt trip later in the novel when she meets one of her captors.
- In The Iliad, after Athena K.O.'s Ares with a boulder, Aphrodite goes to help him. Well, Athena is still angry: "She charged at Aphrodite, overtook her and beat her breasts with clenched fists." As one would expect from the wimpy Aphrodite, "Down she sank with Ares, resistance quite dissolved."
- From the Ian Fleming novel Dr No, describing the murder of a female MI-6 agent: "The man smiled broadly. Slowly, lovingly, he lifted the gun and shot her three times in and around the left breast."
- J.T. Edson's novels often feature Cat Fights. These frequently involve a Breast Attack.
- In the novelization of the movie Highlander, there is a flashback scene where the Kurgan is with a prostitute whose nipples had been cut off.
- Vin gets *stabbed* in the side of one breast in the Mistborn trilogy by Zane, in a rage after she rejects him; he then gives her a Forceful Kiss, making it even clearer that it's a show of sexual dominance.
- In Lisey's Story, the psycho stalker takes a can opener to one of Lisey's breasts.
Live Action TV
- During a Thanksgiving episode of Friends the gang is having a game of American football for the Gellar Cup. Monica throws the ball to the inexperienced Phoebe who catches it, but it strikes her in the chest hard and she squeals: "Oh! Broken boobs!"
- Super Sentai
- In one episode of Dengeki Sentai Changeman, the Monster of the Week employs fishes with huge mouths to attack/bite the team. While each team members got bitten, poor Sayaka/Change Mermaid got bitten on the breast area, with her knocking them down while yelling "PERVERT!". Fun fact is that since she's attacked while morphed, the Changeman female suits offer no visible breasts.
- Male on female variation in Seijuu Sentai Gingaman, the villainess Shelinda was slashed on her breast(to specify, chest-armor) by Hayate. Granted, she happened to kill Yuuta just a moment before.(Thank god that boy survived.)
- Frequently happens in Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger courtesy to the villainess Malseena, who often target the female ranger this way.
- The Shake It Up episode "Party It Up" had a scene where it did happen, when CeCe and Rocky body bumped copying the boys... but in turn, both girls groan from the pain.
- Whose Line Is It Anyway: Wayne Brady apparently thinks that purple nurples are part and parcel of a female prison riot (the "persona" he got saddled with in Lets make a Date).
- Charlie Runkle's unfortunate nipple mishap in Californication constitutes a rare male example of this trope.
- An episode of Yes, Dear has Kim accidentally doing this to the then-wife of her husband's boss while playing tennis. Good thing her husband didn't get punished for this.
- Another one involving Christine boxing Jimmy's boss. (A female security guard)
Christine: Ow...she punched me in the boob. Can you do that?Jimmy's Boss: *annoyed* Yeah.Christine: Oh. (punches Jimmy's boss in the boob)
- Another one involving Christine boxing Jimmy's boss. (A female security guard)
- New Girl had the "boob fight" between Jess and Cece.
- In The Wire, the Barksdale Organization tries to deal with the sociopathic rising drug lord Marlo by using a Honey Trap to lure him into an ambush. Marlo, being a little bastard, investigates the girl doing so and finds her connection to the Barksdales. Instead he ambushes her, shoots her in both breasts and then again in the head as she's lying dead on the ground, to send a message.
- Pearl Jam, "Jeremy": "He gnashed his teeth and bit the recess lady's breast"
- Knife edged chops used to be considered a dirty move even if you didn't have breasts or avoided hitting them. Thanks to Shane Douglas and ECW they are more like a free crowd reaction in the USA. The crowd may not like that you're beating up their favorite wrestlers but will still likely go "whoo" if you chop one.
- Awesome Kong uses a move where she hoists her opponent up in a chicken wing hold, pulling their arms behind her, and then dropping her face-first on the mat, calling it the "Implant Buster."
- In TNA, ODB proved she was so tough she let Cody Deaner use her breasts as speed bags while she was training him.
- Before she turned evil, The World Famous Kana was on the wrong end of a running gag where she would fly into a rage whenever someone touched her boobs. This mostly happened in matches in against chauvinist or perverted male wrestlers but Police Wo~man and Lin "Bitch" Bairon did it too (Bairon's case wasn't played for laughs, but Kana's revenge was).
- A running gag in Wonder Ring STARDOM revolving around Yuzuki Aikawa. She was a swimsuit model before becoming a professional wrestler and was the promotion's first doubles champion within two years, main eventing on Bull Nakano's retirement show. Many other Joshi show resent for this by attacking what they believe to be the source of her success but Aikawa also did taekwondo for ten years, so she can take it.
- Joey Ryan often ends up facing women. One of his moves is the "Boobplex", where he gives a German suplex while grabbing the boobs instead of the waist. However, he is willing to substitute man boobs for baby feeders, as Greg Excellent discovered in CZW.
- Misho inflicts one upon Nova in this Keychain of Creation strip, causing the female onlookers to wince in sympathy.
- Some of the anthro insects in Dreamwalk Journal get stung right in their Non-Mammal Mammaries (amongst other places), but it's a subversion because (being an erotic comic) the stings inflict pleasure rather than pain.
- Exiern has a classic one: The main character Tiffany is a male barbarian hero who has been trapped in female form by an evil wizard. She wants to be a man again but since she's a barbarian she absolutelyhates the local priesthood. So her sidekick Peonie ties her to the altar—for her own good, of course—and orders the priests to attempt the ritual. After the inevitable failure Peonie admits in trepidation that she'd she'd been counting on Wouldn't Hit a Girl to stave off retribution. Cut to the next page, where Peonie can't get over her shock that Tiffany "punched me in the boob"!
- XI elbows Teri in the breasts to get out of a hold in Rip and Teri.
- There's a Running Gag in Venus Envy where Zoe is hit in her growing breasts and vestigial testes in quick succession.
- Son of a bitch, OW! Right in the nipple!
- Gail attacks her nemesis with one in this When She Was Bad comic. Note that they both have mild Super Strength (Owwwww!).
- In Baked Goods Bunnie's choice of Avatar The Last Air Bender-style power would be boobie-bending. Which she then demonstrates by having Dawnie's own breast hit her in the face.
- In Girl Genius, Agatha gets stabbed in the boob. Ouch! Luckily for her, her corset is heavily reinforced. A close look shows the injury uncomfortably close to the nipple, not that the boys are complaining.
- In Sword Princess Amaltea, Amaltea is getting chocked by Herodun, a huge woman with equally big strenght. Her solution is kicking one of her breast to force her to let go of her neck.
- After one disparaging comment too many in Twig, Lillian learns that she can shut Sylvester up by giving him a purple nurple, which she does with great glee.
- Dr. Havoc's Diary:
- Rare male example: In the penultimate episode of The Venture Bros. season 3, Brock Samson's nipple gets cut off.
- In one of the many Robot Chicken sketches, a PMS-ing She-Ra attacks a trio of villainesses. Two get standard deaths. The third has her breasts squeezed till they popped.
- American Dad!: A stripper accidentally gets her breasts pierced by hypodermic needles, causing her implants to deflate. As soon as that happens, her mind clears and she says, "I remember now! I was going to be a civil engineer!"
"Roger, that was terrible. We were the only people in period dress and your fake French accent got me punched in the boob."
- Also happens to Francine when she and Roger attempt to spice up their mundane lives by attending a party at the French consulate.
- Another episode also features a brief gag where Stan accidenly elbows Francine, causing her to complain "You elbowed my boobie!"
- In Family Guy, when Peter started kicking everything after seeing Road House, Lois asked him not to kick her, unless it was her nipple.
- Stroker and Hoop: Hoop's mom is sent to women's prison for a crime she didn't commit. She consoles herself by claiming that a prison for elderly ladies can't be that bad and takes it all in stride, likening it to being roommates in college ... until her "roommate" threatens to cut her tits off.
- Subtle example in The Legend of Korra. In a blink and you miss it moment during a fight with Equalist mooks, Asami hits a female Equalist in the chest with her electrified glove.
- In an episode of Gargoyles, while engaging in a hand-to-hand catfight, Elisa kicked Demona square in her breasts.
- There is a report on the infamous rape case of Filipina actress Maggie de la Riva. According to an interview with the actress, during her ordeal, she was incapacited by her captors by means of punching her in several areas of her body, including one of her breasts, before they proceeded to rape her.
- During the filming of the movie The Maggie de la Riva Story which was based on the incident, actress Dawn Zulueta who played de la Riva reported that when that horrible scene was recreated, it actually led to real injuries and she actually had to be hospitalized.
- In addition to having her throat slashed, rumors abounded that Nicole Brown Simpson's breasts were deliberately slashed off in the attack as well— however the coroner's report refutes these rumors entirely.
- The Breast Ripper torture device.
- The legend of Saint Agatha of Sicily is infamous for stating that her breasts were cut off during her martyrdom. Unsurprisingly, she's the patron saint of breast cancer patients and wet nurses.
- It is suggested that breast implants kept a woman from being killed when she was shot. It is certainly the case that the underwiring in one lucky woman's bra deflected the path of a bullet that would otherwise have killed her. Fortean Times reported on a case in England. A second case happened in South America. Another case: Germany, this time.
- Boob tag. Which is like regular tag, but the only legal tag is tagging another participant's breast. Typically only played by women.
- After the Swiss cult leaderess Margaretta Peter murdered her older sister Elisabeth to offer her as a sacrifice and beat her brother severely for a similar reason, she demanded to be crucified by her followers and promised that she and her dead sister would be resurrected in three days. She was nailed to an improvised cross not just by her hands and feet, but also by her breasts. Naturally, she croaked.