Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke Wo is a fluffy Yuri Eroge
series, in which the biggest issues facing the characters are at worst an argument and/or the threat of a break-up. Shin Megami Tensei
is a dark JRPG series, in which the biggest issues facing the characters are demon outbreaks, the end of the world, and a Forever War
between a tyrannical God
and a Devil
who wants nothing but unrestrained anarchy.Megami no Hanabira takes the characters of the former and places them in the situations of the latter.
Written by Krimzon Flygon, Megami no Hanabira details the adventures of Mai Sawaguchi, her girlfriend Reo Kawamura and their friends Nanami Oda, Yuuna Matsubara and Sara Kitajima, as they try to survive an outbreak of demons in their home city. Aiding their efforts are ‘Cypher’ and his mysterious Demon Summoning Program, which allows them to recruit and use demons
of their own for protection, and a decidedly shadowy organization of Angel-wielders known as the Flock, who may have more to do with the present situation then they are letting on...Needs Wiki Magic Love
Megami No Hanabira Contains Examples Of
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Sara earns one from Mai when she reveals she ran out into the demon-infested city alone to ‘train’.
- Angst Coma: Reo, when she learns that the food they had all been looking for was gone. It lasts until Phillips offers them all something to eat.
- An Ice Person: Wendigo. Sara's Jack Frost as well.
- Badass Adorable: The main characters are all quite adorable. They’re also VERY good at handling demons.
- Badass Baritone: Phillips has a voice described as 'powerful'; extremely deep and booming despite his old, withered appearance.
- Battle Couple: Mai and Reo, and Yuuna and Nanami. Sara has a girlfriend as well: Kaede, but she’s not a part of the team at the moment
- Badass Gay: Again, the main characters. All lesbians, all Demon Tamers.
- Blow You Away: Reo's Abraxas
- Cast Full of Gay: The jury's out on the OC's (Phillips, Colette, etc.) but the main characters all fit this. Considering they come from a Yuri Visual Novel, this is to be expected.
- Expy: The story takes place more or less in the Devil Survivor series continuum: the Mortician’s List is the latest incarnation of the Laplace Mail or Nicea, while the Flock is more or less the Shomonkai, complete with a leader with a daughter who helps the team, and deeper connections to the outbreak then they let on. The Demon Summoning Program even says "Peaceful Days are Over: Let's Survive" when it first boots up.
- Finger Tenting: Phillips does a Gendo Pose at a couple of points during his first conversation with the girls.
- Five-Man Band:
- The Gadfly: Mai: she seems to get a real kick out of teasing Reo.
- I Just Want to Be Badass: Sara, after seeing her girlfriend Kaede get hurt trying to protect her from a demon.
- In the Hood: The Flock uniform: a white hoodie with a black cross stitched on the back. Again, very similar to the Shomonkai.
- Large Ham: Kaiwan. So very much. The girls encounter a Flock member with a rather flowery style of speaking as well: Nanami outright calls him a ham.
- Lennon Specs: Phillips sports a reflective pair.
- Light Is Not Good: The Flock, by the look of things. Considering they seem to be the Law-aligned faction, that would plant them firmly in this territory.
- Lipstick Lesbian: All five of the main characters.
- Oh Crap: When Yuuna sees a bunch of Flock members coming at them after they've outed themselves as Demon Tamers.
Yuuna: Oh my...!
- Nanami usually expresses this by covering her mouth with her hands in shock.
- The Magnificent: Kaiwan, verbatum.
- Mysterious Backer: ‘Cypher,’ who gave the girls and the other Demon Tamers the Summoning programs.
- Shock and Awe: Kaiwan and Sara's Gagyson
- Sinister Minister: Father Phillips.
- Starter Villain: Kaiwan is the first genuine threat the girls encounter, killing a Flock member right in front of Sara and one more offscreen earlier in the story. He even manages to take down one of their demons for the first time, and they ultimately defeat him through treachery rather than sheer force.
- Telescoping Staff: The Flock's weapon of choice.
- The Social Darwinist: Naito, the leader of the Yakuza, holds a variation of the 5th variety. He has the basic idea of life being a struggle for survival and the strongest one, ie the one who survives the struggle and rises to the top being most deserving of rule. However, he is also of the idea that the deck is stacked against certain groups of people, and no matter how strong they are, they'll never have the chance to make something of themselves since it's so grossly and unnaturally unfair. Hence his plans to spread the Summoning Program to everyone, cause a societal meltdown, give everyone an equal chance to rise from the ashes, and see how things turn out. However, he doesn't seem to have an opinion regarding morality in this sense; cunning, ruthlessness, kindness, pacifism...he honestly doesn't care who takes the helm as long as they've earned it.
- Tsundere: Reo, Reo, REO.
- Unstoppable Rage: Yuuna flips her shit when a demon injures Nanami.
- Wham Line: