Screams Like a Little Girl
The great thing about this example is that you don't need the sound. You can just hear it, can't you?note
They're rats! Dozens of rats, vacuum-packed rats. The Doctor:
And you decided to scream. Mickey:
It took me by surprise! The Doctor:
Like a little girl? Mickey:
It was dark, I was covered in rats! The Doctor:
Nine, maybe ten years old. I'm seeing pigtails, frilly skirt...
As a tough masculine fighter, you never cry, never wince at a hit, and talk in a manly baritone
. But it's amazing how a Groin Attack
, little needle
, or garter snake
can make your voice rise four octaves into a three-year-old's scream. It seems inherently funny to see this grown man emit a girly scream. This trope is usually played for laughs, as it is hard to take the image of a man who Screams Like A Little Girl seriously. This is sometimes associated with a Camp Gay
or the Non-Action Guy
Comedy-based logic dictates that the more butch the guy is, or the more he runs his mouth about being tough, or the lesser the actual danger is, the funnier it is when he screams like a girl.
See Also: The Scream
, Screaming Woman
, Screaming at Squick
open/close all folders
- Used in Deadpool's series to humorous effect (what did you expect?)
Sabretooth: Scream for me
Scream? Well, if you insist. AAAAAHHH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AAAAAHHH AAAAAHHH!! Sabretooth:
Enough, Wilson. Deadpool:
No, wait — now I'll do it like a little girl. eeek! eeek! eeek!
- Sue Storm calls herself on this in the first arc of Ultimate Fantastic Four, to the confusion of her teammates. "I screamed like a girl! That's so disappointing."
- Empire State gives us this bit of dialogue:
Jimmy: Sara, I was so scared I wanted to scream like a girl.
Sara: What did you do?
Jimmy: I screamed like a girl.
- During DC Comics' Battle For Bludhaven miniseries, Major Force taunts Major Victory with this after ripping off his arm.
Major Force: You scream like a girl... a one-armed girl!
- Loki, according to his ex-girlfriend Lorelei in Loki: Agent of Asgard. In his defense, he thought he was about to slam face-first into the ground after they'd jumped off a plane.
- In one of the latest pages of Mini Monsters we have this hilarious exchange after realizing they're screwed.
Gus: V-Victor, can we scream l-like little girls now?
- In one "Spider swatting arc" in Garfield, the title cat's means of disposing of the daily spider leaves behind a mark that makes Jon go "YEEEK!" 3 times.
- In one Zits strip, a half-asleep Jeremy accidentally walks in on his mom taking a shower, scaring the hell out of both of them, a moment punctuated with the sound effect "SHRIEK!" Turns out the shriek was Jeremy's.
- Carlito screamed like a girl when Teddy Long forced him to find The Undertaker or lose his job. He was searching the backstage area when the lights flickered out and all we hear is a hilarious high-pitched scream.
- Norman Smiley of WCW — so much so, in fact, that it became part of his gimmick.
- Santino Marella. See for yourself.
- In Holy Musical B@man!, Superman confronts Batman and reveals that he's going to place him under arrest by the US Government. When Superman declares "It ends tonight, Batman. Or should I say 'Butthead'.", Bats lets out this scream before going face to face with the Man of Steel and starting their duet.
- In one early episode of Sesame Street, one sketch with Bert and Ernie shows Ernie unable to sleep, so Bert tells him to count sheep, but Ernie finds it dull and tries to count something else, finally deciding on balloons. An imaginary balloon appears and grows to a huge size before finally exploding and rocking the room, startling Bert awake, screaming.
- One of the unfortunate realities of having an adrenaline rush is that it tightens all of your muscles — including your vocal cords. This means that even people who are perfectly brave can wind up screaming like a girl — so long as they are flooded with adrenaline. Could count as a Hell Is That Noise for the recipient if the rush of adrenaline is accompanied by the Fight option of Fight or Flight being selected. So if someone screams like a girl as they run away from you, go ahead and laugh, but if someone screams like a girl and runs toward you, try to run away even faster.
- This 19-year-old guy while running away from an unexpected attack by a rabid otter (hilarity starts at 1:12).
- Then we have this guy in an electric taser demonstration at 8 seconds in.
- Generally speaking, little girls scream like little girls.