Screams Like A Little Girl: Live-Action TV
- Bud Bundy from Married... with Children screams like that in later episodes in his late teens and early 20s.
- In the Soap Opera Passions, Ethan was attacked by a demon from the Bennett's closet to Hell. The shriek he let out was very girlish. So girlish in fact, many people commented on it on the internet and one of this Troper's co-workers said, "Not even my three-year-old girl screams like that!"
- In Castle, the title character gives one when a dead body tumbles out of the fridge he opens. Naturally, he attempts to protect his dignity by covering it up as a cough. Surprisingly, no one comments on it.
- Happens fairly often, actually, like when he visits Beckett at home and, due to having a stalker at the time, she opens the door with her gun pointed at him.
- Frasier. Both Frasier and Niles scream like a girl.
Frasier: That is not funny! You don't sneak up on someone and startle them!
- In the episode "Boo!":
Martin: First of all, it's very funny. And secondly, I only did it to prove a point.
Ronee: And you called it: he does scream like a woman.
Frasier: I do not scream like a woman. It was a manly throaty wail.
(Niles comes in the front door)
Niles: Frasier, you may want to call security. As I got off the elevator, I heard a woman screaming hysterically.
Daphne: Are you all right?
- In the episode "Don't Go Breaking My Heart", after a womanly high-pitched scream was heard.
Niles: Yes. I just jumped into bed with your mother.
Daphne: Oh, dear. No wonder she screamed.
Niles: That wasn't her.
- Friends. Ross screams like a little girl when Rachel and Phoebe come out of his apartment's curtains and shout danger to scare him.
- On an early Ernie and Bert sketch on Sesame Street, After counting sheeps and fire engines, The scanimate balloon pops and it causes the bedroom to shake and it scared Bert.
- Will and Grace, where Grace's apartment got burgled.
Will: Did I just scream like a woman?
Grace: Don't flatter yourself. You screamed like a girl.
- The X-Files
Mulder: I had a praying mantis epiphany, and as a result I screamed. No, not... not a girly scream, but the scream of someone being confronted by some before unknown monster that had no right existing on the same planet I inhabited.
- In the episode "War of the Coprophages", Mulder has a discussion with Scully regarding a childhood encounter with a praying mantis...
Scully: Mulder... are you sure it wasn't a girly scream?
- In a later episode with the same writer ("Jose Chung's From Outer Space"), we get to hear Mulder's girly scream upon spotting "a real live dead alien body" — at least according to one version of the story.
- In one episode of Saturday Night Live hosted by David Duchovny, the opening sketch is a parody of The X-Files that takes place backstage at SNL. At one point Duchovny hears a girly scream, runs toward it, and finds cast member Molly Shannon, thinking it was her. He finds out it was actually fellow cast member Chris Elliott who screamed.
- Adrian Monk of Monk.
- In "Mr. Monk Goes Camping", when the eponymous obsessive detective encounters a bear, the previews feature actor Tony Shaloub's own scream, whereas the scream in the episode is overdubbed with a little girl's.
- Dean does this hilariously in the episode "Yellow Fever", when he's infected with a paranormal curse that makes him scared of quite literally everything. Including cute little lap dogs with pink bows.
- And in the meta episode "The French Mistake", when the character of Misha Collins is kidnapped and then murdered by an angel, he does quite a lot of high-pitched squealing.
- In the Heroes episode "Into Asylum", Zachary Quinto's high-pitched squeak of terror as Fake!Sylar is about to meet his end made the Internet laugh its collective ass off. Unfortunately... it doesn't appear to have been played for laughs!
- How I Met Your Mother
- When Ted gets his tattoo removed.
- Barney has a couple of instances of this as well. A notable example is when he accidentally burns a hole through one of his ties.
- Used numerous times on Psych. Someone even made a montage of it.
- After Shawn and Gus are at a seance. A ghost appears, and then the lights cut back on. Shawn's love interest wonders where he and Gus went. Cut to the outside of the building, where Shawn and Gus are running for their car while screaming incomprehensibly, thus. What makes it funnier is that they're running out of a sorority, but none of the girls inside screamed.
- Another hilarious example.
- Nev from CBBC's Bear Behaving Badly.
- Bottom: Eddie does this after Richie sticks an umbrella into his groin. And opens it.
- In The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Carlton screams like a little girl.
- Howard Borden, the "wacky neighbor" on The Bob Newhart Show, does this.
- Probably the second reason to watch America's Funniest Home Videos, after the groin shots.
- Used in the season finale for Season 4 of Bones:
Zack: I yelped! I didn't scream.
Fisher: He screamed like Slutty Girl Number One in a cheesy horror flick.
- From the DVD commentary on the Criminal Minds episode, "Revelations":
Matthew Gray Gubler: So, we were filming the scene in which my character was being tortured. And in between takes, everyone was laughing, and I couldn't figure out why. And finally, at the end of one take, the director came up to me and said, "Okay, but can you try screaming in a way that does NOT sound like a little girl?"
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Xander: Who, at a crucial moment, distracted the lead demon by allowing her to pummel him about the head?
- Season 6 episode "Tabula Rasa". Spike, who has fallen asleep lying on top of a shop counter as the result of a spell, rolls/falls off said shop counter with a girly scream.
- A Running Gag with Wesley in Season 3. Buffy even lampshades it.
- And Xander in "The Zeppo"
Faith: Yeah. That was real manly how you shrieked and all.
- Star Trek
- Chekov was famous for doing this on Star Trek: The Original Series (and also in Star Trek The Motion Picture, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home).
- Harry Kim did too on Star Trek: Voyager.
- So did Geordi La Forge on Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- The Ferengi as a species made an art form of it. Played for laughs 99% of the time, but when Nog was badly injured in "The Siege of AR-558" it suddenly stopped being funny.
- Marion Moseby of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and The Suite Life on Deck does this when startled, which is ridiculously easy to do. Cody Martin too. And even Zack, that one time.
- Cody's girly scream is notable in that Cole Sprouse is able to maintain it even after going through puberty. He even screams like this enough to warrant a video tribute.
- From Leverage:
Eliot: Hey. What smells like crank and screams like a girl?
(breaks meth-head kidnapper's knee, making him scream like a girl)
Eliot: Right answer.
- iCarly: Nevel, when he gets locked in a fighting octagon with Sam, Shelby and Carly.
- An actor in The Bill had a scene where he fell off a platform while chasing a criminal in an Abandoned Warehouse. He mentioned that his scream as he did this stunt had been too high pitched, so they had to dub a more 'manly' scream on afterwards.
- In Community, when the going gets tough Troy has a tendency to regress into the personality of a six-year-old girl, completely with girly screams and panicky dancing.
- Farscape. Season 3, Episode 13. Scratch N' Sniff. Crichton and D'Argo get slipped mickeys and rolled. Crichton wakes up in a window without clothes. (Well, he had fishnets, at least.)
- In the Eureka episode "Up in the Air" Sheriff Jack Carter's reaction upon seeing how high in the air he is while trying to get inside a floating bank.
- As the page quote indicates, Mickey Smith of Doctor Who fulfills the traditional role of the terrified companion.
- An episode of Mighty Ships set on the largest carrier in the world, the USS Nimitz, showed a rookie pilot getting his callsign, which is usually done by consensus of other pilots in the rookie's flight group. This particular pilot had made no mistakes even when landing on a carrier at night, but when catapulted off for the exercise had, in his own words, screamed like a little girl. Another pilot noted that "screams like a girl" could be acronymed into "slag", which is also a British slang term meaning, roughly, slut, and (though this wasn't mentioned on the show) is originally an industrial term for waste product from smelting. Congratulations, Lieutenant Slag....
- A shrill scream rings through the corridors of Flatpoint High in Strangers with Candy. Mr Noblet instantly knows who's in trouble:
"My God! That's Jellineck!"
- Nick in New Girl screams like a girl in a Halloween episode.