Recap: The X Files S 03 E 12 War Of The Coprophages
- Apocalypse Anarchy: Locally. At one point, everyone is freaking out and looting, grabbing whatever supplies they see.
- Camera Abuse: The cockroach on the screen.
- Creepy Cockroach: So very creepy!
- Embarrassing First Name: Dr Bambi Berenbaum the entomologist. Mulder, or should we say Fox, even allows first name basis. Scully is amused.
- Genius Cripple: Doctor Ivanov. He's on the wheelchair and he uses a computer voice synthesizer to speak.
- Geeky Turn-On:
- Hot Scientist: Entomologist Dr Bambi Berenbaum.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: "You look pooped."
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Mulder and Dr Ivanov drink scotch after Dr Ivanov was shown the alien robot cockroach. Dr Ivanov particularly looks like he really needs it.
- Literal Surveillance Bug
- Machine Monotone: Doctor Ivanov.
- Mundanger: Zig-zagged. The X-Files usually created scary atmosphere by something paranormal and straight use of Mundanger would suggest troubles caused by something ordinary, for example creepy cockroaches. There really is a mass hysteria created by cockroach infestation which is Primal Fear in itself. Also, there are several deaths. However, at least one of the cockroaches was made of metal and its technology was way too advanced to come from our planet. Some of the cockroaches really are robotic aliens. However, it's unclear if there are actually more of these. The others may very well be just the common kind. In addition, it turns out that the cockroaches - either alien robotic ones or common earth ones - were not the direct cause of the deaths that appeared in the episode.
- Nerds Are Sexy: Scully on the budding romance of the doctors: "Smart is sexy."
- Outrun the Fireball
- Pair the Smart Ones: Drs. Berenbaum and Ivanov appear to be getting together at the end.
- Primal Fear: Cockroaches.
- Shout-Out: Referencing Planet of the Apes.
- Also references the infamous 1938 radio broadcast of "War Of The Worlds". The town is named "Miller's Grove", a twist on Grover's Mill, for example.
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: The roach is on your screen! In your house!