- Kyon's theme song from Haruhi Suzumiya includes one of these for no apparent reason (he NEVER does this in the manga or anime).
- Gintoki of Gintama fame occasionally lets out a comical scream of this nature when he's subjected to something he finds particularly horrifying. If paired with a Groin Attack, it is Played for Laughs. Said incidents include:
- Gintoki and Kagura saw a Giant-sized cockroach. Cue his scream.
- He is in Kanashibari before the anime.
- When Katsura drives like a madman, he ignored the s-curve by driving up straight. Gintoki utterly rants
Gintoki: S-curve, and you don't give a damn?!
- Listening to an otherwise relaxing radio story with some Surprise Creepy at the end.
- Gintoki's balls were pixelled right after the Demon King fired a laser beam that turns it to pixelled versions.
- Gintoki got hit by Gedoumaru's kanabo at his balls right after performing an aerial ass bomber on Doman before he teleported. Later, his balls getting detached by Doman immediately after Seimei reattached them in the aftermath of a nasty Groin Attack.
- Provoking Kagura's wrath by mistaking her being bashful about giving him Valentine's chocolate for her being constipated.
- This troper provides his compilation of the Yorozuya high pitched screams.
- Code Geass: Even anti-heroes scream in high-pitched voices
- Nozomu's "IIIIIIYYYYYYAAAAAAA!!!!!!" from Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei. One of the funniest instances is when he does this after the girls see him naked during the Hot Springs Episode, and the Deadpan Snarker Abiru lampshades that "that should be our reaction".
- North Italy in Axis Powers Hetalia at one point screams "Kyaaaa!". America as well.
- Greece in the dub of season 3, when Japan pretends to pull his thumb off.
- Romano shows off his manly screech in the dub, when both he and his brother are caught by England. Actually, he does this a lot.
- Finland in the dub of season three too, from the "Running Away with Mr Sweden" episode.
- Zoisite does this when he discovers that he is surrounded by rats in the original Japanese version of Sailor Moon. Aside from his relationship with Kunzite, this was one of the main reasons he was turned into a girl for the DiC version.
- Early in Azumanga Daioh, a war against a cockroach begins after a very high-pitched scream erupts from one of the students. Afterward, it's revealed the source of that scream was Sakaki who, while being an actual girl, is also an Aloof Dark-Haired Girl and normally has a deep voice.
- Ramiel, an Eldritch Abomination made from impossible geometric shapes, in Rebuild of Evangelion. Definitely not Played for Laughs.
- In the Pokémon anime, Cilan lets out a very girly scream in one episode.
- From episode 18 of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX:
Jaden: (Crowler screams offscreen) Someone's in trouble!
Bastion: Let's go help her!
- In any Ecchi anime, whenever the guy walks in on a girl taking a bath, you'd expect the girl screaming at the guy. This is not the case in High School Dx D when Issei walks in on the bathroom while Asia was still inside. He's the one screaming and trying to cover himself instead of the other way around.
- In Excel Saga, when Iwata finds himself in Ropponmatsu II's body, his first reaction is to proclaim "HIGH PITCHED GIRLISH SHRIEK!!"
- Tubby screamed this way in most episodes of the Little Lulu anime, most notably in Episode 2.
- Mamoru from From the New World does this in episode two, and Maria scolds him about it.
Maria: Don't cry like a little girl!