Bulma: Hey, I'm just gonna' throw this out there, but you're really cute.
Trunks: Well, my mother always said I was a cute kid...
Trunks: (Internally) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
A comedy trope where a character experiences something Squicky
, and that character is so horrified by this, he/she lets out a bloodcurdling scream. It doesn't matter what the thing is, as long as it's clearly gross and disturbing to that character. Something like Bob drools over a decades-old picture of a hot, young woman
, only to be told that's a picture of his grandmother.
Happens pretty often in MST
Online, there are more YouTube videos of this reaction to shock images
than one can count, not to mention all the image macros that can convey this trope.
Sometimes the thing can even be Faux Horrific
Often this can overlap with The Scream
, but for some reason this rarely overlaps with Screams Like a Little Girl
A Sub Trope
of Brain Bleach
and Comical Overreacting
Compare My God, What Have I Done?
, Suckiness Is Painful
- In Kyon: Big Damn Hero, both Haruhi and Yanagimoto Ai react this way when they see the pictures Yamane was collecting: photos of schoolmates while changing he intended to sell to other students and Yakuza.
- In an Ed Edd N Eddy fanfic, Night of the Were-Ed, there's a scene where the rest of the cast walks in on May and Ed (as a werewolf). Everyone present is disgusted, except for Lee, who notes that May was always a closet furry.
- In Hope And Gloria, when Hope sleeps with a guy, and then gets a clue that misleads her to believe he's her half brother.
- This was one of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 cast's two common reactions to squicky material, the other being booing in disgust.
- "Baby oil?! AAAAGGHHH!!!"
- In this video of Atop The Fourth Wall, after Linkara sees a panel where a fat guy dreams about having the body of Lady Gaga.
- In The Spoony Experiment, Spoony and two sort-of doubles are watching a movie where women are frolicking on a topless beach, but then it cuts to two guys in speedos. The Spoonies are horrified.
- Deceased Crab's reaction to seeing the treasure of Hell Temple, the Skimpy Swimsuit in his Let's Play of La-Mulana, after many aggravating segments and attempts to get through it. More specifically, his reaction to seeing Professor Lemeza, the very male main character, wearing the thing!
- The Blockbuster Buster during his review of Seed of Chucky, when Chucky plans to artificially inseminate Jennifer Tilly. Then Chucky proceeds to masturbate, which prompts him to scream in his balcony (muted by his glass door). Doesn't end when immediately after Chucky holds a cup of his own sperm and Tiffany proceeds to impregnate Jennifer.
- In Episode 33 of Dragon Ball Abridged, when Future Trunks is in the present, Bulma starts hitting on him, unaware that she's his mom. Trunks, fully aware of it but not wanting to change the past by revealing anything out loud, is screaming in his mind at the thought of it.
- Stan screams in American Dad, after realizing that his daughter slept with his boss.
- In Family Guy, Stewie screamed after seeing Lois and Peter having sex.
- For the record, Stewie did not do this trope when he screamed at a picture of a woman's genitals. That was just plain horror to him.
- In Futurama, Leela ends up having pity sex with Zapp Brannigan after they first meet. When she realizes what she did...
- Morbo's co-anchor Linda lets out a blood-curdling scream after he "flashes" her during the Freedom Day parade.
- Fry finding out he just became his own grandfather.
- On Rocko's Modern Life Rocko screams when he sees what Heffer left in his toilet among other things.