Stuff that makes you want to throw up. Frequently used by shows that use Vulgar Humor
(Note that this is about the emotion; shows and scenes that you find disgusting belong under Nausea Fuel
Contrast Cleanliness Tropes
. Do not mix up with Discussed Trope
, or with the emotion herself
Tropes about disgust:
- Alien Lunch: Food eaten by extraterrestrials is so gross.
- Autopsy Snack Time: Food and corpses just do not mix well.
- Bizarre Taste in Food: This person's ideas of a delicious meal Squick out other people.
- Brain Bleach: You'll want to scrub your mind clean after having just seen something so nasty.
- Carpet of Virility: A hairy chest is either Fanservice or just plain disgusting.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: This person's cooking always involves something that really shouldn't belong in the dish they're preparing.
- Covered in Gunge: Being covered in slimy stuff is ew!
- Covered in Mud: In addition to being just plain embarrassing, getting mud all over you is just gross.
- The Diaper Change: Poopy diapers, EEW!
- Disgusting Public Toilet: No Potty Emergency is worth using this nasty toilet.
- Dung Fu: Using poop as a weapon! Yuck!
- Eat That: Eating something totally gross as a part of a reality show.
- Even the Rats Won't Touch It: This food item is so unappetizing that not even vermin will chow down on it.
- Fan Disservice: This would be sexy if it weren't so horrifying to look at.
- Foreign Queasine: Food from a foreign country that's unappetizing to anyone outside of said foreign country.
- Garlic Is Abhorrent: Garlic is seen as disgusting or lower-class.
- Glurge: This story makes you sick to your stomach instead of warming your heart.
- Gross-Out Show: An entire show that runs on grossing out the audience.
- Gross-Up Close-Up: Showing something gross up close to the camera. Keep a barf bag close by when this happens.
- Haggis Is Horrible: It's food that's been cooked in sheep's stomach. How much more nasty could you get?
- I Ate WHAT?!: The reaction you have when you realize that what you ate or drank was something yucky.
- It Tastes Like Feet: Yuck! This tastes disgusting!
- Jar Potty: Eew, someone did their business in this thing.
- Landfill Beyond the Stars: A whole planet filled with smelly garbage.
- Lethal Chef: Don't let this person cook for you, their cooking is bad enough to make you wanna hurl.
- Lost My Appetite: Squick that makes you lose interest in eating.
- Men Can't Keep House: A man's house is always a nasty pig sty when a woman isn't there to keep it clean.
- Mess of Woe: A person's house becomes a pig sty because they're too depressed to clean it up.
- Mess on a Plate: Food that, while it may be delicious, is totally gross to look at.
- The Misophonic: Certain sounds make this person cringe.
- Nausea Dissonance: Something considered gross to other people doesn't bother this person.
- Nausea Fuel: Imagery that will make you wanna hurl.
- Nose Nuggets: Boogers from your nose, nuff said.
- Parental Sexuality Squick: Your parents having sex is the last thing you want to think about.
- Phlegmings: Drool dripping from a monster's mouth. Ugh.
- The Pig Pen: Someone who does a poor job at being hygienic.
- Putting the Pee in Pool: Someone does their business in the swimming pool. No one wants to swim in there now.
- Reduced to Ratburgers: When starving to death reduces you to eating something gross, like rats for instance.
- Revenge Is a Dish Best Served: Getting on someone's bad side makes them put something disgusting in your food.
- Road Apples: Eew! I stepped in poop!
- Screaming at Squick: When something is so gross that it makes you wanna scream.
- Selective Squeamishness Suppression: A neat freak detective for some reason is able to handle blood and gore more than dirt and grime.
- Shock Site: A website devoted to making you wanna hurl and scream.
- Spit Shine: Cleaning something with your spit.
- Spit Take: Spitting out your drink because you just witnessed or heard something so gross.
- Squick: Something that really grosses you out.
- Sticky Situation: Getting stuck in nasty sticky stuff.
- Stock "Yuck!": Children are almost always repulsed by veggies.
- Swallowed a Fly: Eew! A bug went into my mouth!
- Talking Poo: Poop is already gross enough, but poop that talks is crossing the line.
- This Is Wrong on So Many Levels: The standard phrase said in response to something that disturbs you.
- Tinkle in the Eye: What's worse than changing dirty diapers is the baby peeing in your face.
- Toilet Humour: Pooping, peeing, burping, farting, and all other nasty bodily functions Played for Laughs.
- Too Much Information: This is something you didn't wanna hear your friend say out loud.
- Trash of the Titans: This place is an absolute pig sty that no one can possibly live in.
- Urine Trouble: Animals doing their business on things they really shouldn't be doing it on, like your shoes for instance.
- Vomit Chain Reaction: Seeing one person vomit prompts everyone else nearby to vomit.
- Vomit Discretion Shot: Someone throws up off camera because it's too gross to show the audience.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Someone throws up onscreen in all it's messy, disgusting glory.
- Vomiting Cop: A crime scene is so grisly that it makes even the most desensitized of police officers throw up.
- Vulgar Humor: Things normally considered repulsive and morally reprehensible are Played for Laughs.
- You Need a Breath Mint: ...because your breath stinks.