Quagmire: Hey, maybe we could set [Peter] up with another lemon snowcone, huh?
: Oh, you guys are asses
— Family Guy
, "A Very Special Family Guy Freakin' Christmas"
When you see snow outside that's ominously yellow-colored. Or worse, when someone tries to feed you a "lemon" snowcone. Yeah, this is a Toilet Humor
trope. Sometimes hilariously combined with a character's own moment of Fridge Horror
when they realize what it actually is.
Due to this trope's inherently juvenile Vulgar Humor
, it is unlikely to be appreciated
by anyone older than 25. Or Frank Zappa
- Referenced in an issue of Legion of Super Heroes: while working on the planet of Braal, where the snow has a natural rusty tint from traces of iron, Sci-Cop Vin Kolkin repeats a saying from his world - "Don't eat the yellow snow." Native Braalian Dyrk Magz replies wryly that it says a lot about Kolkin's world.
Live Action TV
- In Frozen, Olaf is wandering through the snow and thinking of colors for it.
Olaf: Yeeah, it really is beautiful, isn't it? But so white! How 'bout a little color? I'm thinkin' like maybe some crimson, chartreuse, how 'bout yellow? No, not yellow. Yellow in snow: bleurgh. No-go.
- Frank Zappa's "Don't Eat the Yellow Snow" tells the story of an Inuit boy named Nanook, his favorite baby seal and a fur trapper. And, of course, the yellow snow.
- In the second Ace Attorney game, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All, Maya wants a snow cone from the closed circus concession stand. Phoenix points to all the snow all around them (since it's late December). When Maya points out that there's no syrup, Phoenix hopes to himself that she doesn't notice the discolored snow in the corner. "That's not syrup!"
- The USA commercial for Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc uses this trope. It begins with two snowboarders who appear to be urinating in the snow, writing their names, and then we hear a wave-like sound in the distance as the camera focuses on the snowboarders staring in awe. The camera then turns to a bank of snow with the Rayman 3 logo written in urine, and Rayman looking at the camera, smiling. Then the commercial ends revealing that the snowboarders were actually squirting yellow liquids out of canteens.
- In Channel Ate, one character offers another lemonade with a wink. The second character promptly refuses to drink it.
- In Least I Could Do, young Rayne says that his dad makes him eat the yellow snow when he's bad. There's a bottle of lemonade or some other yellow food just out of sight of passersby.
- In Family Guy, Peter's friends give him a "lemon snowcone".
- Yeti's mysterious "lemon" snowcones in Monsters, Inc., which he offers to visitors. The frigid remoteness of the Yeti's home and the Yeti's chronic isolation are...not reassuring.
- In an episode of Sponge Bob Square Pants, Patrick ate yellow sand.
- In The Venture Bros., Dr. Venture is left stranded and naked in the high Arctic by his paranoid Poisonous Friend Richard Impossible. As he's wandering through the frozen plain, he abruptly steps into polar bear urine, and angrily laments how he has the bad luck to step into the only patch of Yellow Snow for miles around.
- South Park the game on the Nintendo 64 had snowballs as the default attack. A special use for them is to take a whizz on them (with pants unzipping sound) then let fly. Hit one of the four kids with this and enjoy the creative Cluster F-Bomb retaliation.
- As said by Koda from Brother Bear, "If the snow's white, then it's all right. Yellow or green, it's just not clean."
- In the Ice Age Christmas special, Sid sees yellow snow and wants to taste it. But Prancer, knowing what it is, quickly says "Don't. Just...don't."