"This is all part of Lil' Wayne's ambitious project to collaborate with everyone in the music business, anywhere."Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr. (born September 27, 1982), better known as Lil Wayne, is an American rapper from New Orleans. He was first a member of the Hot Boys before embarking on a successful solo career. He has released ten studio albums, the most famous being the Grammy-winning Tha Carter III. Prior to Tha Carter III, widely considered to be his magnum opus, he released a slew of mix tapes, against the wishes of his record label. They ended up boosting his popularity underground, and Tha Carter III sold more than a million copies in its first week.Well liked by critics, Rolling Stone has even hailed him as the "greatest rapper alive", although that statement proved to be rather controversial. (He hailed himself as the greatest rapper alive, too.) He is definitely One of Us, and he owns a modded Xbox. Lil' Wayne is also known for his attacks on George W. Bush for his response to Hurricane Katrina, and for appearing on half the rap singles on the radio in the late 2000s/early 2010s (and even some non-rap singles). Discography
- The Block is Hot (1999)
- Lights Out (2000)
- 500 Degreez (2002)
- Tha Carter (2004)
- Tha Carter II (2005)
- Like Father, Like Son (with Birdman) (2006)
- Tha Carter III (2008)
- We Are Young Money (with Young Money) (2009)
- Rebirth (2010)
- I Am Not A Human Being (2010)
- Tha Carter IV (2011)
- I Am Not A Human Being II (2013)
- Rich Gang (with Rich Gang) (2013)
- Rise of an Empire (with Young Money) (2014)
- Free Weezy Album (2015)
- T-Wayne (with T-Pain) (2017)
"Pick the trope up and I'ma drop it on yo fuckin' head":
- Abusive Parents: His father. He was once asked in an interview with Katie Couric why he goes by the name of Lil Wayne instead to his given name (which is course Dwayne), he explained that his father was not part of his life so he doesn't need to carry his name. When Couric asked if his father knows this, he smiled and said "he does now".
- Ambiguously Gay: In spite of his rampant homophobia. He kisses Birdman on the lips, ON a regular basis. In a 106 & Park interview, he says that he is the only one that Birdman kisses.
- Artifact Title: He was not even a teenager when he started rapping. It only fits if it's "lil" as in "short" (he's only 5ft 5in/166 cm).
- Auto-Tune: "Lollipop", "I Ain't Nervous", "Staring at the World", the whole of 'Rebirth', Drake's "Uptown", The Game's "My Life" and "Red Nation", the remix of Future's "Turn on the Lights", "How to Love".
- Badass Boast: Even by rap's standards, the chorus to "Drop the World" is very over-the-top:"Pick the world up and I'ma DROP it on yo' fuckin head, yeah
Bitch I'ma pick the world up and I'ma DROP it on yo' fuckin head, yeah
And I could die now, rebirth motherfucker
Hop up in my spaceship and leave Earth motherfucker
I'm gone.. motherfucker I'm gone"
- Boastful Rap: A lot of his songs.
- Broken Record: Done for emphasis in his verse on "Deep" by Big Sean, though downplayed since he only repeats himself once:I don't give two fucks about what your mouth say'Cause this shit is deeper than rap, I cannot say that shit enough times'Cause this shit is deeper than rap, I cannot say that shit enough times
- Cardboard Prison: In the music video for "Go DJ", he and the other prisoners have no problem eliminating the security, seducing the female guards, and simply walking out at the end.
- Catch Phrase: "Young Moolah, baby!"
- Child Popstar: He has released works dating back to when he was twelve—he started writing even earlier than then.
- Cloudcuckoolander: "We are not the same, I am a martian"
- Cluster F-Bomb: Almost all of his songs, as expected from a rapper. "How To Love" appears to be the only song from him were the F-word isn't used.
- Distaff Counterpart: Nicki Minaj
- Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male: His mentor Baby made him have sex with a girl even though he didn't want to when he was eleven. What did people do when he came out about it? Laugh.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: "And mama don't cry, ya son can handle his/ I got her out the hood and put her in the hills/ Yeah when I was fourteen I told my mom we will see better days/ And sure enough I got Miss Cita in a better place"
- Follow the Leader: He's pretty much singlehandedly responsible for bringing "hashtag rap"(that is, removing all the prepositions from your metaphors, so your lyrics look like an SAT analogies test) into the mainstream. He didn't invent it, though; he just (re)popularized it.
- Freestyle Version: His Dedication series of mixtapes uses this trope almost exclusively, freestyling over the popular songs whenever the mixtape is released, as does his Da Drought series, and almost every other mixtape he's ever released.
- Intercourse with You: Commonly.
- "She said he so sweet she wanna lick the wrapper, so I let her lick the rapper"
- "I transform smaller and she puts me in her pants!"
- The Kirk: In his Power Trio with Drake and Nicki Minaj. Drake is The Spock, Minaj The Mccoy.
- The Mentor: To Drake and Nicki Minaj.
- Mysterious Middle Initial: Weezy F. Baby and the F is for....all these things.
- Near-Death Experience: Accidentally shot himself when he was twelve.
- New Sound Album: He decided to venture away from rap for a Rap Rock album - Rebirth.
- N-Word Privileges: Exercises them with great frequency.
- Platonic Life-Partners: With Nicki Minaj and his ex-girlfriend Trina.
- Rap Rock: Rebirth. Let's just say that he should stick to rapping.
- Really Gets Around: How else do you have three children with three separate women in a thirteen month time span?
- Rhyming with Itself: Frequently, especially the N-word with itself.
- "And what I make up, will fuck up your skin/ I pick buck up and buck-buck then buck-buck again/ I will butt-fuck your friend/ Then suck up her twin/ I put the buck-up to him/ Then buck-buck and buck-buck and buck-buck again/ Suck nut you duck, fuck your unloving kin/ Now don't rub it in ... Might fly to L.A and just fuck Corinne/ Nahh fuck Corinne/ Let's get bucks again, and fuckin' spend/ Them bucks and then, just fuck Corinne."
- "I Ain't Nervous" rhymes "nervous" 3 times with itself, and does the same with "Jewish" twice.
- From his remix of "We Takin' Over":Me, me, it's all about meIf the girl got a voice, then she talk about me, meHe say, she say, I say me
- Running Gag : Weezy F. Baby and the F is for...
- Sir Swears-a-Lot
- Surprisingly Gentle Song: "How to Love".
- 10-Minute Retirement: Averted. He was dropping hints that he might retire after Tha Carter IV, but shortly after the release of the album, headlines flocked out about him considering a sequel to Rebirth and I Am Not A Human Being.
- Third Eye: Crossed with a Shout-Out, from "My Homies Still":"I gotta put a patch over my third eye, Slick Rick."
- Toilet Humor: He loves to refer himself as "I'm the shit" and add a line on this kind of comedy.
- In "A Milli": I be the shit, now you got loose bowels.
- True Companions: Considers his mentor, Birdman to be his father.
- Wolverine Publicity: Oh god. This is not helped by the fact that he is one of those rappers who seems to guest on every other song on the radio. It's all part of his plan to collaborate with everyone in music. With his appearance on "We Are The World 2010", he has officially collaborated with Brian Wilson, Barbara Streisand, Justin Bieber, Jeff Bridges, and other such unlikely candidates all in one fell swoop.
- Vulgar Humor: From "A Milli":"Call me what you want bitch call me on my Sidekick
Never answer when it's private damn I hate a shy bitch
Don't, you hate a shy bitch
Yeah, I ate a shy bitch
She ain't shy no more she changed her name to "my bitch"
Yeah, nigga that's my bitch
So when she ask for the Money when you through don't be surprised, BITCH!"
"And what I make up, will fuck up your skin
- From Drake ft. Lil Wayne's "Ransom":
I pick buck up and buck-buck then buck-buck again
I will butt-fuck your friend
Then suck up her twin
I put the buck-up to him
Then buck-buck and buck-buck and buck-buck again
Suck nut you duck, fuck your unloving kin
Now don't rub it in ... Might fly to L.A and just fuck Corinne
Nahh fuck Corinne
Let's get bucks again, and fuckin' spend
Them bucks and then, just fuck Corinne."
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: His first solo album, Tha Block is Hot and his third, "500 Degreez", as well as his Tha Carter series of albums and the Da Drought series of mixtapes, and Sorry 4 The Wait and its sequel.
- "Weezy F Baby, and the F is for Finished with this fuckin' page, bitch"