If you a fly gal,/ Get your nails done, /Get a pedicure, /Get your hair did.
Missy Elliott (born Melissa Arnette Elliott) is an American rapper/songwriter/producer. She is best known for her work in the early 2000s, with songs such as "Get Ur Freak On" and "Lose Control".
Her last album (The Cookbook
) was released in 2005, though she is said to have another album in the works, entitled Block Party
Studio album discography
- Supa Dupa Fly (1997)
- Da Real World (1999)
- Miss E...So Addictive (2001)
- Under Construction (2002)
- This Is Not A Test! (2003)
- The Cookbook (2005)
Provides examples of
- As Long as It Sounds Foreign: From "Work It" - "Boys, boys, all type of boys / Black, White, Puerto Rican, Chinese boys / Why-thai,-thai-o-toy-o-thai-a-thai / Rock-thai,-thai-o-toy-o-thai-a-thai."
- Boastful Rap: A good number of her songs use this.
- Ching Chong: Her song song "Work It" contains the line "black white puerto rican chinese boys, wang-thang thang-a thang-a thang-y thang".
- Dunce Cap: She briefly wears one in the video for "Work It."
- Losing Your Head: She does it to herself in the video to "One Minute Man."
- Music Video Overshadowing: "Sock it to Me". Song: Intercourse with You. Video: Mega Man.
- Not Christian Rock: While she is very open about her faith, including at least one Christian song on every album - however, her music (while still sneaking Christian references in here or there) is hardly what you would call "Christian rap."
- Self-Titled Album: Miss E...So Addictive
- Singer Name Drop: On Under Construction, she opened damn near every song on there with some variation of the phrase "This is... a Missy Elliott... exclusive".