"At male strip shows, it is still the women that we watch, the audience of women and their eager faces. They are more obscene than if they were dancing naked themselves."There's just something completely gorgeous about that other character. The protagonist just can't help but stare and drool over his or her gleaming smile, sapphire eyes, or any other attractive features. Even if the protagonist declares that she Does Not Like Men, expect the protagonist to be unable to stop themselves from noticing how well-built that character over there is, and how compelling his or her eyes are… Sometimes the protagonist's inner monologue will devolve into Purple Prose. This trope is usually identified with Love at First Sight. Some cases may result in Distracted by the Sexy, eventually leading to Longing Looks once romance enters the picture. Male Gaze and Female Gaze are related, but distinct, as they are concerned with how a work is presented to the audience (i.e., presuming the viewer will come from a male or female perspective, respectively). Eating The Eye Candy refers to a character's interest (which can, however, carry over into framing and presentation). Gender-flipped examples exist for both tropes. Subjected to Double Standard since Female Gaze doesn't carry the implications of Male Gaze: a woman who looks at a man sexually is more often than not written as "cute" (blushing and swooning), whereas a man looking at a woman sexually is commonly written as "vulgar" (making rude remarks and even hooting). Can be used quizzically in combination with All Women Are Lustful, Bigger Is Better in Bed, Chippendales Dancers, Covert Pervert, Female Gaze, Guy-on-Guy Is Hot, Long-Haired Pretty Boy, Lust Object, Reaction Shot, Male Frontal Nudity, Shirtless Scene, Walking Shirtless Scene, Yaoi Fangirl, Beautiful Dreamer and Stuffy Old Songs About the Buttocks. A cross between Hello, Nurse!, Ms. Fanservice or Mr. Fanservice and the Gaze tropes.
— Jean Baudrillard
open/close all folders
- The Diet Coke 11:30 ads, like this one (from 1994), involved an office of women gathering each other round by just saying 11:30 and then "Diet Coke break"- not a single one of them getting a Diet Coke themselves but instead looking across to the building site across the road where a construction worker would be having his Coke break, peeling his shirt off, gulping down a can and letting the sweat pour down onto his chest while "I Just Want to Make Love to You" plays.
- A 1990 Diet Pepsi commercial had all the guys at a gas station stop and stare at Cindy Crawford in a tank top drinking Diet Pepsi. They'd reverse this in a 2003 Super Bowl commercial, where a hunky man with a Diet Pepsi draws in a gaggle of admirers, including Cindy Crawford and Carson Kressley.
- In this Diet Rite commercial. when the female reporter goes into the locker room to interview the football players, her eyes immediately fixate on the bare chest of the shirtless player and the naked body of the player with a towel wrapped around his neck.
- Jordache Voyeur Girls
- The women watching the shirtless hunk who's washing the Forester in this Subaru Forester commercial
- The airport security guards in this Underdaks ad
- The Housewife watching The Cleaning Hunk in this commercial for Xtra-Pine All Purpose Cleaner (mildly NSFW)
- Mrs. Adams in the thinkThin commercial.
Anime & Manga
- In Akagami no Shirayukihime Obi and Shirayuki go to tell Mitsuhide something while he's changing and despite his initial glare at Obi he keeps his door open and finishes changing while talking to them, even Kiki gets an eyeful of him shirtless. They all three thank him for the view later and Obi and Kiki say he has a nice build which mortifies him since he somehow didn't realize that they were checking him out.
- In Basilisk, when Oboro and Gennosuke are crossing a very narrow bridge, we follow Oboro's gaze as she stares at Gennosuke's back.
- In chapter 2 of the Yuri manga Citrus, Yuzu ate Mei's candy when she and Mei went bathing together in chapter 2, fantasizing about her hair, skin and how soft it would be to touch her. Mei eventually noticed her gaze...and advanced onto her and asked if she wanted to touch her as a tease.
- Done with tongue planted firmly in cheek in Darker Than Black, where Mayu gets a little too fixated on Hei — particularly his "delicious collarbone" — after a late-night rescue.
- In Dengeki Daisy Teru steals glances at Kurosaki when he is walking around shirtless after a shower. Of course, when he tells her that if she wants to look then just look she denies it.
- In the anime version of Dragon Ball Z, Princess Snake first stares at Goku for his body; she keeps staring, though, because of his table manners.
- In the FAKE II, JJ does this to Dee and attempts to glomp him after a case when Dee is found shirtless. Dee is not pleased.
- Matsuoka Gou from Free! does this with every shirtless guy in swim trunks she sees. She's especially fond of Haruka's arm muscles.
- She tries to use their muscles to recruit new Swim Team members in the second season, it doesn't work.
- Sôsuke from Full Metal Panic! is subject to this a lot by all of his admirers. His looks are enough to get everyone (and I mean everyone) to stop in their tracks and check him out. Even small part bystanders that never show up again (which is made especially obvious in the novels). One lampshaded instance was with Nami (from the novels), where she pretended that she was only watching him change clothes because she wanted to make sure he was an AS pilot. Lemon teases her and notes that she was just checking him out. The anime knows to show plenty of Fanservice of him being shirtless (complete with scars all over his body). Including a scene where he's hallucinating, and randomly imagines himself being tied up, shirtless, and in obvious distress — for no real reason at all.
- In the Gunsmith Cats manga, after Rally's first encounter with Bandit Bean, she decides to investigate him, including sneaking into his apartment to gather information. Not long afterwards, Bean enters the apartment and takes a shower. Rally hides in his closet, and when he enters his room completely naked, Rally gets a good look at his package with a big blush on her face.
- Despite being a Chaste Hero, the title character of Hayate the Combat Butler pulls this on Hinagiku. After his gaze lingers too long she chastises him for it, but she definitely enjoys the feeling. It helps that he told her straight up that he got completely distracted because she looked so amazing in her dress that he couldn't help but stare.
- Notably, Hinagiku is the only one of his unwanted harem to get this from him. Even when seeing other girls nude, he turns away before they get their senses back enough to be chastised, he does blush after seeing (and then thinking back to) seeing Ayumu changing.
- THE iDOLM@STER - The audience of the Are We Live? show, particularly towards Azusa's outfit.
- In The Irregular at Magic High School: Reminiscence, Miyuki enjoys watching Tatsuya exercise shirtless. She feels embarrassed when he almost catches her doing this, although- being just a teenager- she doesn't quite understand why.
- Shiro in K when Kuroh rescues him in the first episode. He pulls Shiro into his arms and Shiro looks up and sees his handsome face, the focused look in his eyes, and his ponytail blowing in the wind. Shiro even blushes.
- In Kaguya-sama: Love Is War, Kaguya tries to get her Love Interest to join the archery club so she can see him shirtless and sweaty.
- In Katanagatari, Togame doesn't even bother with a pretense for ogling the perpetually shirtless Shichika — she just tells him to sit still so it's easier to do.
- Most female characters can't help but stare at Aikuro Mikisugi from Kill la Kill, since he's a highly fetching nudist who tends to take his clothes off for no reason. In particular, during an otherwise completely serious and rather moving scene, Mrs Mankanshoku spends most of her screen-time staring intently at his crotch.
- In the first episode of Macross Frontier, it certainly looks like Ranka's subjecting Alto to some female gaze when they first meet (the Bishie Sparkle sets on so hard that you can hear it). Then she admits that she thought Alto was a very pretty girl until he opened his mouth. Alto is not amused.
- Monster: Johann's handsome features are frequently commented on and checked out by a lot of people.
- One episode of Nagasarete Airantou has Ikuto taking a bath and being unknowingly watched by Chikage. She glances at his body, makes several comments about his attractive features and blushes while doing so.
- Happens in the One Piece anime when Usopp sees Nami naked on Thriller Bark. Going by the camera's position, he essentially gives her an elevator look, from breasts to waist to crotch (though her breasts and crotch are mostly covered by Censor Steam).
- Similarly, Ash of Pokémon pulls this one on Misty when he meets up with her between the Advance and Battle Frontier arcs. Misty doesn't chastise him for it.
- Psycho-Pass has a few. In the 7th episode of the first season, Akane took a really good look at Kogami's abs. The same thing happened in the second season with Togane.
- In Ranma ˝, Akane occasionally sees Ranma this way — broad shoulders, cute face, kind smile. In true Belligerent Sexual Tension style, it often immediately precedes Ranma himself making some spectacularly jerkish remark to her.
- Ranma's other would-be love interests also do this; it's just much rarer that they get the chance to do so. Kodachi does this to Ranma the first time she sees him. Despite the fact he just, you know, knocked her out cold and almost caused her to fall off the roof.
- When Akane sees a naked, male Ranma in the first episode/chapter, she can't help but let her eyes wander down there....
- Studio BONES spoofs it once again in Star Driver: apparently, Midori Okamoto's Cybody has a fanservice mode. It backfires, though.
"...did you seriously lose because you were watching him flex?"
- Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet has the Beach Episode, where Amy and her friends force Ledo out of his pilot suit. They then unabashedly stare at him while he's in his boxers, one of them even commenting out loud that he has a nice body.
- Near the end of the Hot Springs Episode of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, most of the gang beat up the beastmen who operated the Ganmen-disguised-as-hot-springs-resort. The camera pans across the cast... revealing that Yoko is peeking at the completely naked Kamina's butt from the corner of her eye. When he makes a move that would bring her into his sight, she blushes and quickly looks upwards. Shortly afterwards, her jumping up and down in victory celebration makes her suffer a Wardrobe Malfunction... and Kamina immediately returns the favor.
- In the 14th episode of Tiger & Bunny, Karina mentions that lately she's been having trouble keeping her eyes off of Kotetsu.
- Saki, in the body of a child soldier, looking up at A-drei after he rescues her from drowning in episode 16 of Valvrave the Liberator.
- Vampire Hunter D can't walk into a single town without half the residents attempting to undress him with their eyes.
- Violinist of Hameln: Shchelkunchik has a very... painful... take on this trope. Basically, during a divination class, Shchel's crystal ball shows the whole class a humiliating event in his childhood that ended with him pantsless in the school pool with a water scorpion pricking his delicate parts. Everyone comments on how big and swollen it became, the girls most of all.
- In Wolf Guy - Wolfen Crest, Ms. Aoshika asks Inugami to strip in order to see if he has any wounds (and thus prove if he was the boy she met the night before). She doesn't find any injuries, but she's not exactly disappointed...
- In Red Hood and the Outlaws after showing off a fancy new pair of Flight Wings Arsenal remarks on how cool Red Hood looks. Starfire thinks he's talking about Red Hood's "buns" and wholeheartedly agrees.
- In Shazam! The Monster Society of Evil, the reporter that Captain Marvel goes to for help takes a very obvious look at his crotch while standing right in front of him.
- Marvel Comics' character Starfox causes this as a side effect of his powers, besides also being a Flying Brick. And he can turn the effect Up to 11 to overload your pleasure center and incapacitate you by feeling too good. Well, if you've gotta be attacked, that's the way to go...
- Young Avengers: Kate Bishop spends a few panels staring at a half-naked Clint Barton and at her one night stand, Noh-Varr, as he dances in their room in his underwear.
- In Secret Six, when the Six are on a mission to Atlantis all the female (and genderfluid) characters stop what they're doing because Catman is fighting Aquaman.
- Vampirella: Done by Sofia Murray in the 2010 Dynamite series when an unconscious Vampirella lies in bed with a blood bag hooked up to her vein to recover from her latest mishap, still wearing her classic costume. Sofia spends a good deal of time admiring her body.
- Axis Powers Hetalia fanfic Gankona, Unnachgiebig, Unità: Germany and Japan could not take their eyes off of Italy dressed as Sailor Moon. They proceeded to gobble down that eye candy with a ferocity akin to hyenas tearing down fresh prey.
- Advice and Trust:
- Since they got together, Shinji spends ogles to Asuka even more often and longer than usual.
- At the chapter 3 she is berating him while wearing a towel... and only a towel. Shinji has troubles listening to anything what she is saying.
"I'm sorry," his mouth said on autopilot. A small part of his brain was concentrating on not dropping the hot pot on his feet, because most of it was trying not to drool helplessly over the way Asuka's long, smooth legs disappeared up under the hem of the towel, mixed in with memories of last night that said sight triggered. Stopping in the middle of things to take a shower had been Asuka's idea. It had been a good one; she'd suggested there was a way to save water... Wow...
Um. She was still pointing at him and yelling. "You always apologize right away, but do you actually feel sorry?!"
"Um." Nope, brain still off.
- Dorian invokes the trope by name in All This Sh*t is Twice as Weird. While staying in Redcliffe Village, he likes taking a daily walk along the shoreline so he can enjoy the "swarthy young fishermen" working.
- Ashes to Ashes, the Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire fanfic, has May doing this to Maxie!
- Bait and Switch (STO):
- In chapter four, Eleya watching Gaarra pumping iron in the officers gym. Note that Gaarra had been introduced as a guy Eleya picked up in a bar the night before she found out he was her new operations officer.
He runs a few quick reps as a warmup, then replaces the bar, ups the weight, and starts pumping the iron with a look of intense concentration on his face. 'Course his face isn't the only thing I'm looking at— Prophets, get your head out of the gutter, Eleya.
Nope. Despite my best efforts I can feel my nipples hardening against my sports bra so I grab my water bottle and leave the room. Maybe we'd best just try to avoid being in the gym at the same time.
- In The Wrong Reflection Eleya catches her Mirror Universe doppelganger eying Gaarra with a predatory glint in her eye that Prime!Eleya recognizes. Since by this point she and Gaarra are a couple, this annoys her.
- In chapter four, Eleya watching Gaarra pumping iron in the officers gym. Note that Gaarra had been introduced as a guy Eleya picked up in a bar the night before she found out he was her new operations officer.
- The Child of Love: In chapter 9, Shinji carries an exhausted Asuka to their room and helps her strip her clothes. When she was down to her underwear he stared at her for several seconds, wondering at how cute she was.
- Beth in Children of Time, pretty constantly towards Sherlock Holmes, best summed up the morning after their wedding. Both are putting on clothes, and she tells him that he's not the only one "enjoying the show". Cue Adorkable blushes on both sides.
- Children of an Elder God: When Asuka appears in chapter 4, Shinji spends a while looking to her while she leaves her giant robot's cockpit and washes the Lc L off her body, and thinking she is a very beautiful girl.
- HookerVerse: Cherry Lipgloss did this with describing Critic's work outfit. Subverted later on, as more people view it as dressing like "white trash".
- A Crown of Stars: Shinji is constantly staring at Asuka and thinking about how beautiful and hot she is. Another character also remarks Asuka he is always looking at her. In chapter 25:
Shinji spared a second’s thought at how lucky he was that he found her sapphire eyes so captivating. The red bathrobe was clinging to all her curves, and the relatively loose tie up front was giving an extremely tempting glimpse of her ivory skin and cleavage, especially as she was now half reclined to start taking bites of the breakfast he’d brought in. Yes, this would probably be a bad time for his eyes to get caught diving between her slightly exposed breasts, that still had little drops of water clinging—Eyes UP, Ikari!
- Doing It Right This Time:
- Shinji is constantly staring at Asuka and Rei.
- In chapter 2 the three pilots go to buy new clothes, Rei tries a new dress... and Shinji and Asuka can not take their eyes off her, noticing how the dress clung to her body and showed her curves. Asuka can not take her eyes off Shinji, noticing how yummy he looks when he wears nicer clothes:
Asuka couldn't quite hold back a gasp. The dress was a deep blue that set off Rei's eyes and complexion wonderfully, and while it was technically quite modest -it only showed about as much actual skin as her school uniform- it followed and flattered the curves of her body almost as closely as a swimsuit. A pair of strappy sandals with four-inch heels completed the ensemble, doing wonderful things to the shape of her calves and...
Asuka realized she was staring. She could feel her face getting hot and significant parts of her brain fusing together, but she couldn't look away.
Asuka didn't have the mental energy to offer much more than the occasional noncommital comment as Shinji was coaxed into picking out some nicer shirts in various shades of grey and green, along with a caramel leather car-coat that made him look mature and sophisticated and generally yummy and damn it hormones make your mind up this is not remotely fair...!
- Evangelion 303:
- As soon as they met, Shinji took note of Asuka's beauty and hotness. During the party in chapter 3 he could not help to appreciate her backside and legs.
- Even though they broke off, Kaworu still blushed when he saw Saburo's naked body. Kaworu felt mortified about it because he wanted to put that relationship behind him.
- In Fellowship of the Raven, Ireena finds herself totally distracted by Ezalor, a Sun Monk who never wears a shirt. Only one member of her party managed to notice that during their first conversation her gaze was locked fully on his bare chest and abs.
- Ghosts of Evangelion: Shinji spends a good while ogling to Asuka when they take a trip to Okinawa.
"You just want an excuse to ogle me," she grumbled.
He nodded sagely. "Yes. I do."
"Oh my god!" she exclaimed, incredulous. "You admit it?"
He rolled his eyes. "I'm your boyfriend, Asuka. I'm supposed to enjoy looking at you."
- HERZ: In chapter 3, while Shinji is shooting some targets in the range, Kurumi stands behind him, ogling to his bum as he bends and moves around.
- In The List, to counter the Slayers-in-Training attempt to get him worked up during swimming lessons, Xander wears a speedo during said lessons. By the second day, every Slayer-in-Training (and almost every woman in the house) attends the swim lessons to watch.
- Last Child of Krypton: When Shinji meets Asuka in chapter 2 he spends a long while staring at her, blushing and pondering what should he tell to such a gorgeous girl:
Shinji resisted the urge to lean on his knees and pant, or brush the debris off his costume. He did his best to keep his eyes off Asuka, and he failed totally. Misato's description of her was a pale reflection, like the light of the moon in the ripples across a pond. She wore a yellow sundress and a ribbon at her pale throat and crossed long, supple legs in front of her. She met his eyes with her own, a deep cerulean that reminded him of the sky on a summer afternoon. Her auburn hair was like the sunset, held back on her head by a pair of barrettes that he recognized, after a moment, as A-10 connectors. Misato had told him she never took them off.
Then the doofus behind her said something about biting his tongue, and she stifled a laugh. He couldn't help but smile. He was paralyzed. What should he do? Offer her a hand? Introduce himself? Say "Hi, I'm Shinji Ikari, and I can breathe in space?" He had to do something, to say something, so he did.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genocide Shinji often finds himself staring at Asuka for a long while, studying her face, hair, legs...
Predictably, perhaps inevitably, Shinji found his gaze wandering away from the moving images on the television and focusing on Asuka's prone form, as if drawn by some invisible force.
- TD's improved physique is eyed up by Rarity in The Non-Bronyverse story Wanderings of a Non-Brony, which she ends up being lightly teased over.
- Once More with Feeling: While Asuka is complaining to Misato about not being allowed to go to Okinawa, Shinji is trying to stop staring at Asuka's very nice top and very tight shorts in order to take part in the conversation.
"Actually," he called out into the living room, tossing the hand towel onto the bench as stepped out of the kitchen, "I wouldn’t mind staying if Asuka went." Walking into the living room, he paused to swipe a can of iced tea and walked up next to a disbelieving Asuka - who was lookingrather nice in a loose singlet top and very short shots that left little to the imagination -
Focus Shinji, focus he told himself as he dragged his attention back to Misato.
- The One I Love Is: Shinji often found himself staring at Asuka and Rei, specially the former. When any of them wears a dress, when Asuka wore a swimsuit in chapter 5... he finds them very attractive.
- Superwomen of Eva 2: Lone Heir of Krypton: In chapter 8 Shinji sees Asuka wearing her Supergirl costume.
He looked toward the source of the snickering, and his breath caught. Standing before him was one of the most beautiful girls he'd ever seen.
She was blond, and wore a red mask that looked identical to the one Power Girl wore, through which sky blue eyes peeked out at him. Her tight blue shirt made her not inconsiderable curves very apparent, and the yellow and red shield emblem with the "S" inside it on her chest only served to draw the eye to that area. The long sleeves disappeared into the red gloves she wore, but the shirt left her toned midriff bare. A red miniskirt was held up with a yellow belt, and soon yielded to a pair of lithe legs that, from Shinji's perspective, seemed to go on forever. A pair of scarlet boots completed the ensemble.
And she was holding the huge piece of concrete, which had to weigh at least a few tons in Shinji's estimate, above her head as if it was no heavier than a pebble.
The combination of the superwoman's striking good looks and her display of strength left the Third Child stunned silent. He could only gawk up at her stupidly. The little girl he was still loosely clutching was apparently no more capable of speech than he was, because she kept perfectly quiet, too.
- In Origins, a Mass Effect/Star Wars/Borderlands/Halo Massive Multiplayer Crossover, Admiral Nimitz thinks this is what's happening when a whole crew from another galaxy appears to be ogling her, even asking herself whether she is attractive enough to both men and women to merit such attention. However, it's not her they're looking at, it's her Siren tattoos, which ends up subverting the trope.
- All the Amazons in A Spark of Genius when Xander uses an aryballos and stirgil (which involves oiling your body then using a dull knife to scrape it off) to get clean.
Nearby Amazon: "Holy Hera, thank you."
- Stray does something like this in some of its descriptive passages, particularly when Adamska is being described, although the POV character is another man. The story also hangs a lampshade on it:
'"Honestly", Otacon thought ruefully, "At this rate, next I'll be thinking about how big and strong and manly he is."
- In Tealove's Steamy Adventure, Tealove really enjoys the view of Big Mac's muscular behind as he leads her through the forest.
She wasnt sure if her face was flushing from the run or from watching the newcomer’s plot muscles flexing and rippling. Not the worst sight in the world, she thought quietly, a smile forming on her lips.
- In Thousand Shinji:
- Shinji stares at Asuka constantly. When they met for first time, he spent a good while drinking in her:
And then she came into view, tall and proud, long red hair and a yellow sundress billowing in the wind, a blue ribbon tied about her throat while A-10 nerve clips were worn in her hair as both decoration and declaration. She radiated certainty and arrogance even to those not blessed with warp sight, and her eyes burned blue like the heart of a fusion reactor, filled with boundless fury and energy. Shinji wanted to drink her.
So this is what lust feels like. I wondered when those hormones would start doing their job. If the Eldar had women a quarter this good, no wonder they blew up half the galaxy and spawned Slaanesh.
- A short while later, Asuka spied Shinji while he changed clothes.
- Shinji stares at Asuka constantly. When they met for first time, he spent a good while drinking in her:
- In Unknown Legends, Weiss has this reaction when Link transforms into Mikau. She continues to have this reaction throughout the entire scene, which is written from her point of view.
- Valkron repeatedly does this in Warriors of the World: Soldiers of Fortune concerning Iruna's chest despite the fact that she never wears anything revealing over the course of the story. He is well aware of this, internally reprimanding himself for it.
- In X Men The Early Years, Jean's eyes are glued to Scott's butt, albeit she tries to be discreet about it.
"Maybe just a little," Scott replied. "It's not like you said I have a cute butt." At that, Jean felt herself get a little redder. Damn her fair complexion. Great, just what she needed; another reason to get a glimpse of his butt.
- In Colors and Capes, since Xander is Naked on Arrival he ends up telling Batgirl My Eyes Are Up Here. She simply agrees they probably are without looking up from his waist.
- In Pokémon Reset Bloodlines, Paul is shown briefly ogling Character of the Day Morana's breasts. Erika does so for twice as long. A couple of sidestories also feature some examples:
- In the Kiawe Interlude, Lana is shown to enjoy seeing shirtless boys, and once tricked her classmate Frax into coming shirtless by telling him the class was about Alolan sumo. The Gladion Interlude also implies she might have a porn collection hidden somewhere.
- The S.S. Anne Interlude has Ash himself getting a good view of Misty wearing different swimsuits, and she even teases him a bit about it. He ends up admitting that she does look good in them. A similar scene, on both sides, occurs in Chapter 31 with Ash, and Misty, Iris, and Anabel.
- Padme Amidala in A Horse for the Force greatly enjoys watching a shirtless Obi-wan spar against Ranma (himself in a tight sweat-soaked shirt).
- Padme's handmaidens later watch Ranma spar with Obi-wan and Kit Fisto, one of them even recording it.
- In This Bites!, Nami, Vivi, and Robin all rather enjoy how often Zoro ruins a shirt during his training and neglects to put a new one on.
- In Discworld fic Year Adventures, by A.A. Pessimal, young Assassin Mariella Smith-Rhodes professes to utterly despise her Guild peer Horst Lensen. She is noted to go very red and thoughtful when nursing him back to health after a near-Death experience when she is called upon to do things like, for instance, deliver bed-baths. She finds him abominable, based on seven years' prior experience. But she cannot help reflecting that he is also tall, blonde, attractive, and well-muscled.
Hmmph. As if that was enough.
Films — Animation
- In How to Train Your Dragon 2 Ruffnut is quite... appreciative of Eret's biceps.
- In The Road to El Dorado, Chel gets Miguel and Tulio their ceremonial clothes for the celebration in their honor and then doesn't leave the room when they start undressing. Tulio notices this and promptly asks her if she minds, which she replies, "No." She eventually does leave, but not without taking a good long look at them first.
Films — Live-Action
- Ali G Indahouse: Ali G's introduction to Kate Hedges is him giving her a stunned once-over before switching to an Imagine Spot.
- In Carefree (1938), Aunt Cora is very appreciative of Dr. Flagg's hunky assistant, Connors.
- Downplayed but evident in Woman of the Year (1942): Sam's first view of Tess is of her shapely leg as she adjusts her stocking. He's clearly impressed.
- The Cabin in the Woods. On finding a one-way mirror in the cabin, Holden wrestles over whether to tell Dana, who is undressing on the other side of it. He decides to do the gentlemanly thing and they agree to switch rooms. The first thing she sees on the other side of the mirror is Holden taking off his shirt, which she clearly appreciates. When he starts unbuckling his pants though, she covers the mirror.
- In Captain America: The First Avenger Agent Carter tries to touch post-transformation Steve's abs after the procedure turns him from a scrawny nerd to ridiculously buff but quickly pulls her hand back. The moment was not scripted.
- In Charlie Wilson's War, Gust Avrakotos is a short-tempered and impatient CIA agent, but is perfectly willing to wait for Charlie Wilson if it means getting to stare at Wilson's secretaries.
Secretary: He's just running a little late.
Gust: Don't worry about me, I'm fine.
- Close Enough to Touch: Ashley (Tracy Ryan) watches and talks to a half naked Brad (Sabastien Guy), fantasizes about having lesbian encounter with Suzanne Henderson (Brandy Montegro), flirts with and hits on Jason Henderson when he's pushing iron with his shirt off. Eating the Eye Candy makes Ashley so horny that even after having sex with her boyfriend, Neal Henderson (Jason Schnuit), she needs to pleasure herself.
- In the movie Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, after Lola has just met Sam and he's walking away, there's a moment where the camera focuses on his butt.
- In Exit to Eden, Mistress Lisa can't keep her eyes off Citizen Elliot when she's swimming.NSFW
- Kate McQueen (Cindy Crawford) is shown scoping out Max Kirkpatrick's (Billy Baldwin) ass at the gas station in Fair Game.
- Far and Away has a scene where Shannon tries to ogle Joseph while he's undressing (without letting him know she's doing it) through the flimsy screen that divides their room.
- Iron Man 2. Pepper Potts tells off Tony Stark for 'ogling' the Greeneyed Redhead who's their new legal secretary, as she's a "very expensive sexual harassment lawsuit" waiting to happen. Turns out she doesn't need a lawsuit to put men in their place.
- Lady Frankenstein: Tanya is very appreciative of Thomas' looks the first time she sees him.
- Lara Croft: Tomb Raider: Lara does this to Alex, after she sneaks into his apartment while he was showering.
- In The Last Jedi, during one of Rey's "force bond" conversations with Kylo Ren, she catches him shirtless after undergoing some minor medical treatment. She is sufficiently distracted that she orders him to put a cloak on so they can have their very serious moral conversation.
- When she first meets Kal-El in Man of Steel Faora gives him a rather appreciative once-over. Later on a US General notices his aide smiling oddly after Superman leaves. When asked why she responds: "Nothing... I just think he's kinda hot."
- Other Halves. Beth and Devon can't keep their eyes off Mike once he removes his shirt.
- In Pacific Rim, Mako Mori stares at Raleigh changing clothes in his room, until he catches her doing so. She quickly runs into her room and closes the door... and continues to watch him through the peephole.
- In Picnic, lots of people notice how handsome and manly Hal is, like the other people going swimming, or Rosemary, who compares him to a Roman statue.
- Samantha watches her naked neighbor shower in this scene from Sex and the City: The Movie.NSFW
- The Smiling Lieutenant (1931): When Niki (Maurice Chevalier) is brought before the king and princess, the ladies of the court gawk at him. When he walks out of a burlesque show, the women follow him out. Anna (his wife) and Franzi (his girlfriend) commiserate on how damn handsome he is.
- Snake Eyes. Navy officer Kevin Dunne admits that when the Defense Secretary was about to be assassinated, he had been Distracted by the Sexy sight of a buxom redhead. In a POV flashback to when Dunne was talking to her, the camera keeps dropping to the woman's cleavage.
Dunne: I was three feet away from a known terrorist, and I had my eyes buried in some broad's tits.
- In this scene from The Teacher, Diane is scoping out Sean's ass before coaxing him into her bedroom to collect his V - card (mildly NSFW).
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day. The waitresses and biker babes are noticeably checking out Arnie when he walks stark naked into their bar to acquire some clothes. In Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines he enters a club during Ladies Night for the same reason (taking them off the stripper who's already on stage). In that case, the all-female clientele don't restrain their enthusiasm.
- It's pretty obvious just how much Darcy appreciated Thor's physical attributes.
Darcy: [staring] You know, for a crazy, homeless person... he's pretty cut.
- Jaimie Alexander, the actress who played Sif, talked in an interview about this kind of thing going on behind the scenes. People on set agreed it was in character for Sif, but Jaimie did it because... well, just look at Chris Hemsworth.
Interviewer: Yeah... so how hard was it not to just touch what Kenneth Branagh aptly describes as that "awe-inspiring chest" every so often?
Jaimie Alexander: Oh no, I would always go up to him like, "Hey what's up how you doing?" slapping him on the chest. Sometimes my hand would linger a little too long, or I would stare at him and they were like, "That's okay, you're just in character." And I was like, "Yeah... that's why I'm doing it."
- Funnier still, during an interview for The Avengers, the cast fully admit to being so awed by Chris Hemsworth's size and impressive build that they were reduced to often "just standing around touching him." There's even a .gif floating around of Robert Downey Jr. grinning like a twelve-year-old as he squeezes Hemsworth's bicep while Hemsworth just smiles and laughs.
- It's pretty obvious just how much Darcy appreciated Thor's physical attributes.
- Transporter 3. Valentina maintains a sullen attitude towards Badass Driver and fellow hostage Frank, until the latter takes off his shirt to fight a gang of mooks. We see her smile in appreciation and their Belligerent Sexual Tension starts from that moment, culminating in Valentina forcing Frank to take off his shirt again for some Glad-to-Be-Alive Sex.
"You think it's only man turned on by striptease?"
- In The Unknown, several female audience members are seen visibly ogling Malabar's muscular physique.
- In The Wedding March, Mitzi is taken with Nicki the handsome cavalryman when she sees him on horseback in his full dress uniform. The camera follows her gaze from his shiny black boots all the way up to his buzzcut head.
- From What Women Want, among other things, the line, "Oh my God I just looked at his penis. I hope he didn't see me..." Of course, he does, and uses a quick adjustment of his pants to immediately draw her attention right back there.
- Jennie Cooper and Sandra Roxbury are talking about Scott Nash while Laurie Jameson's making eyes with him in Where the Boys Are '84.
- In Youngblood, a fully clothed Jessie Chadwick (Cynthia Gibb) gets three lingering stares at Dean Youngblood's (Rob Lowe) bare butt.NSFW
- Jerin Whistler of A Brother's Price is among the most beautiful men alive. Thanks to the scarcity of men and the resulting broad inversion of gender roles, he's given predatory looks and unwanted touches by most women who aren't family.
- The image for this trope page is the comic book version of the Anita Blake Vampire Novel series, in which the main character Anita often has problems with this trope seeing as about 99% of the people surrounding her are gorgeous supernatural men who want to get into her pants.
- In The Belgariad, most of the story is told from 3rd-person limited perspective, from the point of view of the hero, Garion. Every so often it switches to his romantic interest, who often spends time watching him. There's some descriptions of his sandy hair (usually tousled) and how his face is "nice enough". Considering Ce'Nedra's Tsundere status, that says loads about how she feels about his looks.
- This actually saves the main character's life in one of the Ciaphas Cain novels, since pausing to admire the view as Colonel Regina Kasteen mounts a spiral staircase ahead of him of him allows him to spot lurking assassin skulls before they strike.
- Happens throughout "Clockpunk And The Vitalizer" as an effect of Dolores's huge crush on The Vitalizer.
- In Dragon Bones, Ward swoons over Tisala. He acknowledges that she's not what most men would call a beauty, describing at length that her hair is short, her face and hands scarred, and her nose is, strictly speaking, a bit too long ... but he's smitten with her. Scars and all, she's so fascinating that he hardly looks at anyone else.
- In The Dresden Files, this happens automatically whenever a White Court vampire is in line of sight. Its not voluntary, either; the White Court exude a natural aura that draws everyone's attention to their physical beauty, both male and female. This helps them "hunt" their prey, drawing mortals to them so they can feed on their emotions (lust, fear, and despair being the big three). Its also deconstructed, however, when one of them, Thomas, tries to live a normal life without maliciously feeding on humans, as he can't hold down a job because his coworkers inevitably get drawn to him through his involuntary mojo and he gets fired when they jump his bones and his innate hunger for emotions takes over.
- However, it is used for humorous purposes as well. After a bad fight, Thomas is left shirtless and strolls into the bedroom to find one. Harry notes that Murphy watches him and after being caught, she simply shrugs and says it's a nice view. Cue Thomas from the other room, "I heard that."
- Fate/Zero plays around a bit with this. When Saber and Irisviel first encounter Lancer, the prose takes an immediate turn from standard to totally purple as it waxes rhapsodic about his beautiful eyes, his elegant features, the small beauty spot on his face that seems to add even more charac—Wait, beauty spot? Yep, it turns out that Lancer is the Heroic Spirit of Diarmund Ua Duibhne (who has a supernatural ability that makes all woman who see his face fall in love) and the prose snaps straight back to normal once Irisviel realizes the mind-trickery and overcomes it with her innate magical resistance.
- Narrator of The Hollows, Rachel Morgan, tends to get kind of distracted around attractive men. It even happens when she converses with the demon Minias.
- Night Huntress has several scenes with Cat commenting on how attractive Bones is.
- When Anne visits Lyme Regis in Persuasion, a male guest at the inn pauses and checks her out. For Anne, who's spent the last seven years as a spinster who's "lost her bloom," the attention is rather flattering. The guest turns out to be her ambitious cousin Mr Elliot, who begins courting her as soon as he knows who she is. (It being the Regency, Kissing Cousins is not an objection.)
- In Pride and Prejudice, Mr. Darcy takes the breath away from every female in Hertfordshire just by walking into the room: "Mr. Darcy soon drew the attention of the room by his fine, tall person, handsome features, noble mien..."
- Sabina Kane: Red-Headed Stepchild has Sabina walk in on the nymph Vinca while the latter's watching The Lord of the Rings. Vinca's a little embarrassed to be caught watching a silly mortal movie, but Sabina tells her not to be: "That elf is hot."
- Take a sip for every mention Bella from Twilight makes of Edward's Supernatural Gold Eyes, marble skin that sparkles in the sunlight, or his overall beauty being comparable to an angel's or a Greek god's. You'll be blacked out under the table in no time. Twilight: Causing liver failure since 2006!
- Jennelle's MO and introduction in Uncommon Animals. She's all but take a spoon to Rick.
- A great number of Old Skool romance novels (that are in first person, from the woman's point of view) use this — and understandably so.
- When the teenage protagonist of Sabriel finds Touchstone transformed into wood, naked and comatose, she alternates between dispassionately preparing to rescue him, trying to be academic about examining the finer details of his body, and just plain staring.
- The protagonist of Garrett, P.I. has a particular appreciation for (ahem) savoring the view when a young lady walks away from him. Even women he knows are pure poison, like Rose Tate, can spark his interest with a lovely (ahem hem) back.
- Arrow has become nigh-infamous for having shirtless workout scenes in at least every few episodes, particularly in the first few seasons. It's something the characters Lampshade often.
- A Running Gag on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is how often Simmons is susceptible to this, especially when patching up Mike Peterson.
- From Almost Live!: "Great Butts With Wendy White"
- During the Shirts vs. Skins basketball game, Melana on Average Joe was distracted by the Hunks' (Skins) bodies after they took off their shirts. Ditto for Larissa on Average Joe Hawaii when the Hunks took their shirts off for the Shirts vs. Skins dodgeball game.
- Jessie watches J.D. shower in the Baywatch episode, "The Natural".
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Virtually any time anyone takes off an article of clothing, especially when the guys have their shirts off.
- In Castle the title character and Beckett have a history of doing this to each other due to massive amounts of Unresolved Sexual Tension. For example, in season two, Castle had gotten attacked by an angry dog when they went to bust a criminal so his pants were ripped and Beckett watches his ass as he walks away with a rather impressed expression. In a deleted scene from season three, Beckett leans over the murder board to write something and Castle checks out her ass. The even more amusing part is that it wasn't scripted—Stana Katic and Nathan Fillion came up with that bit on their own.
- In the "Toni's Boys" episode of Charlie's Angels, Kris Munroe got really turned on in a male strip club when she watched male Angel Bob Sorenson take his shirt off and then watched a male stripper rehearse.
- In an episode of Charmed, Phoebe has to be physically pulled away from watching Bane Jessup put on his clothes.
- On Community, whenever Jeff gets shirtless (which is often) there's almost always a shot of Annie eyeing him surreptitiously. In one episode, he even changes shirts right in front her when she says the one he already had "wasn't working."
- On Dirt, Courtney Cox enjoys a full view of a naked Julian Acosta.NSFW
- Doctor Who:
- Companion and Torchwood lead Jack Harkness is the recipient as often as he is the instigator.
- When Rory, Amy Pond's boyfriend, complains about the Eleventh Doctor spontaneously stripping and changing clothes in front of them in "The Eleventh Hour", the Doctor simply suggests that they turn their backs if they're so bothered by it. Rory begrudgingly does so. Amy, on the other hand...
Rory: Aren't you going to turn your back?
- Cassandra accuses Rose of doing this to the Tenth Doctor in "New Earth" (while she's possessing the Doctor).
Cassandra: You've been looking. You like it.
- On Dog Eat Dog, host Brooke Burns and contestants Lisa and Jessica enjoy watching Colin play Strip Golf
- On Downton Abbey, the arrival of Kemal Pamuk is greeted by Lady Mary dropping her jaw at his handsomeness and Anna, Gwen, and O'Brien congregating behind a cracked door to get a better look. Similarly, most of the downstairs women—plus Thomas—are quite cheered up when Jimmy turns up as the new footman in Series 3.
- In the pilot of Eastwick, Roxie does this to Darryl when he strips nude in front of her.
- In the Emerald City episode "Mistress - New - Mistress", after Tip turns into a girl, Jack finds it hard to stop staring at her cleavage. A waitress advises Tip to cover them up.
- Fox Sports: Based on how she's looking at soccer player Nani and as to where she has the camera pointed during this postgame interview, reporter Katie Witham's interviewing his sweaty bare chest.
- Game of Thrones:
- Ser Loras Tyrell's face shows great anticipation and excitement as King Renly Baratheon removes his shirt in "What Is Dead May Never Die."
- Arya Stark can't keep her eyes off a bare-chested Gendry as he forges a sword in "The Ghost of Harrenhal."
- Sansa Stark stares longingly at Loras' backside as he walks away in "Dark Wings, Dark Words," and Margaery Tyrell even has to gently snap Sansa out of her reverie.
- In "The Lion and the Rose," at King Joffery's wedding reception, Oberyn Martell and his lover Ellaria Sand pause to enjoy the sight of a very supple contortionist performer. And later, he and Loras exchange a smouldering gaze which can only be interpreted as, "I want to eat you for dessert tonight."
- Brienne is not most people's idea of eye candy, but try telling that to Tormund!
- Dany clearly enjoys Daario stripping for her in "Mockingbird".
- Littlefinger clearly approves of Sansa in her black dress in "The Mountain and the Viper."
- One episode of Grey's Anatomy has April stare at Jackson while he is changing his shirt. She can't remember what she was talking about.
- In a second season episode of Hannah Montana, Miley gazes (there's a spotlight and everything) at a boy named Trey, whom she later thinks is "the one". Of course, Trey is never seen again after that episode, save a brief mention in an episode or two later saying that they had broken up.
- Horatio Hornblower: Nearly every male character fancies the Duchess of Wharfedale who is an older yet very sexy and cheeky woman. Sailor Styles starts describing her hotness to Mr. Hornblower, an Acting Lieutenant who is in command of a prize ship and supposed to give Her Grace a passage home to England. Hornblower has to stop the excited Styles from gushing.
Styles: Captain Pellew's coming aboard, sir. And, uh, a lady, sir. Nice dress, sir; good-looking.Hornblower: Don't froth at the mouth, Styles. You've seen a woman before, man.Styles: Not in six bloody months, I haven't.
- Argentine soap Padre Coraje has fifties-girl Clara enjoying the view of buff, sweaty Coraje chopping wood with only his wifebeater on. Only, she still thinks he's a priest, and Hilarity Ensues when she realized he noticed her watching.
- KTLA News: In this interview, reporter Jessica Holmes' eyes are practically glued to Ryan Lochte's bare chest.
- Lois and Clark has a Sexy Silhouette scene where both Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain mutually flabbergasted each other while changing clothes. Very unsubtle in Getting Crap Past the Radar — Clark pops his cork, while Lois drips a little puddle onto the floor. I'm talking about the champagne, of course.
- Lost Girl has several examples.
- Used as Ship Tease when Kenzi is distracted by Hale's abs. It's also a pretty hilarious moment since she is all but devouring him with her eyes.
- The ENTIRE premise of the season four teaser trailer. It features Bo washing her car and getting soaked and covered in soap while Lauren and Dyson look on. Also funny that Lauren has completely forgotten about the ice cream cone that is dripping down her wrist. Also also funny because Lauren sees Bo first, and invites Dyson to Eat the Eye Candy with her!
- Major Crimes episode "Cutting Loose" features Luke Perry as someone involved in the Mystery of the Week. Deputy District Attorney Andrea Hobbs spends almost the entire episode being distracted by him and openly exclaiming how attractive she finds him, to the amusement of the rest of the characters.
- The Nanny: In the "Maggie's Boyfriend" episode, Fran and Maggie are seen looking at Maggie's boyfriend Michael's butt in this scene.
- NHL on Sportsnet: Christine Simpson is undressing Jiri Fischer with her eyes in this interview with him.
- On the NRL Footy Show, Erin Molen is enthusiastic about Beau Ryan of the Cornulla-Sutherland Sharks doing the show in the nude.NSFW
- One Life to Live: In this scene Dani's watching a shirtless and sweaty Matthew work out and she fantasizes about pouncing on him.
- On the short-lived serial Pasadena, Catherine McAllister (Dana Delany) can't keep her eyes off Henry Bellows (Alan Simpson). In this scene from the "Henry's Secret'' episode, at the McAllier's pool, after Henry takes his shirt off, Catherine asks Henry if he'd like to borrow a pair of trunks as an exuse to look at his lithe, young body; she then takes another look at his body when she goes in to get Henry and Lily (Alison Lohman) some lemonade. In the following episode, "Hostile Environment", after Catherine watches him get undressed. After Henry turns around to climb into bed, Catherine scopes out his ass in this scene.
- On Passions, Sheridan gets an eyeful of Luis' naked body when he comes out of the shower.
- The 1995 BBC miniseries adaptation of Pride and Prejudice took the admiration for Mr. Darcy Up to 11. There was lots of camera time devoted to Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy riding horseback, bathing, swimming, or casting smouldering gazes around. Even ladies in-universe liked it. Colin Firth was a lust object for BBC female viewers due to one particular scene: Having a swim and "Mr. Darcy! Your breeches!". It reached Memetic Mutation levels. The scene was parodied in Lost in Austen: Have a look here.
- The hosts of Queer Eye liked to do this — loudly — to their straight-guy makeover subjects, both for laughs and to serve the larger purpose of making them feel more attractive.
- Done numerous times sometimes seriously (e.g. with Colin Farrell), sometimes less so (where the distracted gazer walks into, or trips over something), and sometimes just outright mocked and lampshaded (when a male patient had such a winning smile it was affecting everyone who saw it).
- Inverted: No one wants to see The Todd's banana hammock.
- Parodied in an episode of Seinfeld in which George is enjoying the view down a woman's loose shirt and her dad steps up behind him: "Get a good look, Costanza???"
- Done often on Sex and the City, in particular with Samantha's various conquests, and especially ramped up for The Movie. She is quite tempted by her hot next-door neighbor, who just so happens to shower outside as the camera lovingly lingers over his body and even gives us a brief cock shot.
- Lampshaded in this "Smack the Pony" sketch.
- Lana once has a long look at Clark, who has just fixed a water pipe.
- Chloe has a smaller one in Devoted, but in Escape she gets a good long one when he is naked save for a towel.
- In Crusade, when Lois met with a naked amnesic Clark for the first time she tells herself to look at his face, but soon lets her eyes wander lower. Later in the episode when Clark disrobes himself in the hospital, both Lois and the nurse blatantly ogle him.
- In an episode of Spin City, the female workers keep calling in a hot water-cooler repair guy (or something similar) with increasingly-trivial or thinly-veiled requests because they enjoy watching him work. Of course, he soon gets fed up with being seen as a sex object.
- On Sunrise On 7, Edwina Barthowolomew ogles the Australian men's water polo team while she's covering them at the 2012 London Olympics.
- This Season 3 teaser trailer of The Vampire Diaries should come with a sponge (to sop up the drooling) and a biscuit to sop up that gravy...
- In the Veronica Mars episode "An Echolls Family Christmas", Veronica goes to interview movie star Connor Larkin, and can't help staring at his bare chest while he's filming a scene.
Veronica: [voiceover] I don't know if Connor's smile cost a million, but his six-pack abs are worth at least double that. Damn. [beat] I repeat, damn.
Connor: [to Veronica] Too shiny?
Veronica: [recovers] Uh, no.
Connor: My helicopter gets shot down mid-flight, so I'm supposed to be sweaty, but I don't want to be gross.
Veronica: [taking one last look] I think you're good.
- In the Made-for-TV Movie Vows of Deception, Lucinda (Cheryl Ladd) watches a half - naked Nick (Michael Woolson) clean the pool and admires his sweaty bare chest.
- The X-Files:
- Eating the female eye candy happened in "First-Person Shooter" with the character of Jade Blue Afterglow, a super hot stripper dancer who was wearing a silver metallic miniskirt outfit with chains. Testosterone frenzy ensued. All the male officers tried to watch her interrogation, the detective investigating the case and Mulder both bit their knuckle to show they liked her a lot, and Mulder couldn't help grinning sillily while questioning her.
- Eating the male eye candy occurred in "Bad Blood" when Scully first met sheriff Hartwell. When he entered, she was completely dazzled by his cowboy looks, complete with stylish boots, jeans, gun belt, shirt, leather coat, badge, and hat. He had a cute smile and prominent cheekbones. And he most definitely did not have big buck teeth nor did he have a slight overbite. Jealous much, Mulder?
- From The Young and the Restless: the look Lauren Fenmore gives a half naked Brad Carlton when she meets up with him in the weight room at the Jabot gym.
- In an episode of Galavant, when Isabella takes a good look at a shirtless Galavant dousing himself with water, all she can say is "Damn."
- Lucifer. In "Candy Morningstar", everyone is flummoxed when Lucifer turns up with a ditzy blonde stripper that he's just married. Except for Maze who's shown openly checking out Candy's ass as she bends over a table to do her makeup.
Maze: Awesome. Lucifer has outdone himself.
- The lyrics of "Amy Amy Amy" by Amy Winehouse are four minutes of this.
- During The Lonely Island's "The Creep", Nicki Minaj is "oogling and oggling" a bunch of jocks from where she's hiding in a locker.
- Olivia Newton John in the video for her hit single "Physical" Especially in the the radioactiva remix.
- Tanya Tucker and her friends do a lot of this in the video for "Hangin' In".
- K.T. Oslin does a lot of this during the cougar song "Younger Men". She drops everything just to look at young men's asses and she is panting with lust throughout the song (especially during the live version and after singing this verse):
"Woah, look over here
We got a cute little ol' runner to the right
Blue shorts, no shirt
Whoo! You're lookin' good darlingThat's right, stay in shape"note
- Photographer Christie Jenkins' book A Woman Looks at Men's Buns which is a collection of pictures of men's butts, Jenkins calls herself a "connoisseur" of men's butts.
- Playgirl magazine
- Teen fashion magazines do (and induce) this all the time.
- In Dragon Age: Inquisition:
Sera: So, followed the notes well enough. Glad to see you—You're well-fit...
- Sera eats it the moment she first meets a female Qunari Inquisitor.
Josephine: I cannot move my legs. [...] Who wouldn't be a little curious?
- Josephine reacts similarly after walking in on the Inquisitor and a naked Iron Bull.
- Text implications suggest that the Handmaiden is doing this to a male player character in Knights of the Old Republic 2.
- In the PC adventure game Laura Bow: The Dagger of Amon Ra, the main character Laura and many of the other female characters spend a lot of time talking about how attractive Steve is, starting from the moment you meet him.
- Mass Effect:
- In Mass Effect 2 Kasumi Goto's Shadow Broker dossier reveals that she's written haikus about Jacob, the resident beefcake.
Breathless, glinting skin
Muscles working in rhythm
Cloaked desire watches
- Mass Effect 3:
- There's a blink-and-you-miss-it Funny Background Event in the prologue where an Alliance servicewoman turns her head and checks out Ashley's/Kaiden's ass when they meet Shepard.
- When a romanced Kaidan returns to the Normandy, Shepard's gaze goes to Kaidan's butt. Shepard gives a smirk for good measure.
- In the Citadel DLC, your love interest will turn up to give you a hand while you're still in civilian clothes, and will take a moment to study your backside and comment on your outfit. If your romantic interest isn't part of your regular team (Jack, Miranda, Traynor, Cortez, Kelly), it'll be Liara, and she'll still study your backside and comment on your outfit. This can happen even if you're wearing the same costume you've had on since you first got access to the armour control panel.
- Mass Effect: Andromeda: "Is this show for my benefit? Because I'm benefiting." Sara Ryder walking in on Jaal and Liam working out shirtless on the Tempest (with Jaal being totally naked).
- Happened once more if you romanced Jaal and got to the waterfall scene. When he stripped naked to get into the water, you can clearly see Sara staring appreciatively at his butt.
- In Mass Effect 2 Kasumi Goto's Shadow Broker dossier reveals that she's written haikus about Jacob, the resident beefcake.
- There's a moment in The Haunting Of Castle Malloy where this happens off-camera. When Nancy calls her girlfriends Bess and George for hints, they pause in talking to her, to savor the sight of a perfect poolside set of washboard abs.
- In Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark, at one point a Mimic steals your character's armor. If your character is male and Aribeth is in the party, some humorous dialogue ensues.
- In Undertale the player fights a duo of Royal Guards in the Hotlands. If they convince 01 to be honest with his feelings and make 02 remove his armour, the player can take advantage of 01 doing this to 02 by either sparing them - which will result in 02 awkwardly asking 01 out on a date - or killing one, which will cause the other to become hopeless.
- In Fallout 4, should the player fast-travel while in naught but their skivvies, companions Cait and Hancock will both gain affinity and have several comments to voice their appreciation, whereas most of the rest of the companions just awkwardly suggest you put some clothes on, even if you've romanced them. (Pragmatic and mission-focused X6-88 will outright lose affinity.)
Hancock: That's a good look for you.
Cait: Don't mind me, just admirin' the view.
- In War: 13th Day, Wildfire makes no effort to hide the fact that she's lusting after Arsenik.
Wildfire: It’s not that I was particularly interested in him. I just wanted to bang him, plain and simple.
- In the 'Incinerator' segment of Zero Time Dilemma, the developers anticipated that players would try to click on Sigma's chest, and wrote dialogue for just that possibility.
- Dream Daddy: In Brian's second date, he takes off his shirt when he and the Player Character fall in the water. For the rest of that period as they prepare the fish, the PC is distracted "staring at Brian's pecs", in his words.
- Girl Genius:
- When Gil was treated at Mamma Gkika' bar after being wounded while stopping war clanks alone, he was stripped naked. When he woke up and started arguing with Zeetha before realizing he was still not wearing pants, the bar wenches appreciated it.
- While Gil gets Othar back up to speed after the Time Tunnelers extract him from the Take-Five Bomb field, several Wulfenbach minions ogle the shirtless Othar... and then all express disappointment at Gil's issuance of Othar's turtleneck.
- El Goonish Shive: While somewhat jealous of how muscular the other girls were, Sarah ends up reminding herself to avoid this trope during the Party arc when staring at herself.
- At the end of the Painted Black arc, Ellen and and unnamed operative are in full agreement about Human!Gineas's shirtless appearance.
- In The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal, Amal taking off his shirt to shower causes TJ's eyes to follow him all the way out of the room and him to accidentally spill the soda he was drinking.
- The Order of the Stick: Therkla demonstrates.
- Though only a joke picture, Kieri in her Snow Bunny form Slightly Damned gets an eyeful◊ of her boyfriend, Buwaro.
- Sticky Dilly Buns: When the naive and virginal Ruby has her libido kick-started by the persistent proximity of assorted attractive men, she finds herself being repeatedly distracted by them — especially as various gay guys keep making out in front of her. At first, she's outraged and tells herself they should be stopped, but it soon becomes clear, even to her, that she just can't keep herself from looking.
- Uncommon Animals: Jennelle gobbles for three straight pages.
- The Autobiography of Jane Eyre: In episode 13, Mr Rochester was visibly smitten with Jane. He got mysteriously injured at night and she treated his wound. He was absolutely checking her out at the end of the episode before he left the room. Though, she looked really cute in her nice pyjamas.
- In Dead West, Gervas is on both end of this trope. He is usually not bothered by being the one eaten (he even thinks this is acceptable after he already refused the twins), but sometimes he feels mildly ashamed for ogling the Porcelain Doctor's scars (and his slim physique).
- Flexonline.com: Stacy Thompson is in full fantasizing mode in this interview with James "Flex" Lewis.
- The Lizzie Bennet Diaries: Lydia Bennet invokes Sexy Soaked Shirt by spilling a cup over George Wickham's T-shirt and convinces him to take it off. Mr. Fanservice gladly obliges, and both Lydia and Lizzie enjoy his abs. He's a swimmer and is well-built.
- Survival of the Fittest 's Paulo Abbate just can't get enough of companion Becca Everett's backside, to the point where he falls behind because he's spending so much time admiring it.
- Juliana in Void Domain unashamedly ogles anyone with a decent muscle structure. Most of those she ogles tend to be demons.
- Code Lyoko: In the opening of Season 4 episode "Bad Connection", Ulrich is stuck in the hallway wearing just a Modesty Towel. When Aelita and Yumi walk in with Jérémie, the girls at first (weakly) pretend to be looking away, but spend pretty much the rest of the scene ogling.
- Family Guy:
- When Peter gets plastic surgery to make himself extremely handsome, Lois loses the ability to form complete sentences.
- Lois drills a hole in Stewie's room to watch Tom Brady shower (then fights with Meg over who gets to look through it). Then after they leave Stewie gets a look.
- A lot of female customers at the Krusty Krab are seen admiring SpongeBob's long pants in the SpongeBob SquarePants episode "SpongeBob LongPants".
- Star vs. the Forces of Evil: In "Running With Scissors", when Marco gets aged up getting his own pair of Dimensional Scissors, Star ignores almost every word he says while she is staring at his abs, until he mentions that he has been gone for sixteen years.
- Tina's habit of staring at guy's butts in Bob's Burgers is a Running Gag.
- Unless you're someone who doesn't experience sexual attraction (and, in some case, even if you are), we're all guilty of doing this at least once.
- Parodied in ''Carbolic Smoke Ball'': Rosacea Swayne comments that girls are being deprived of seeing lithe, muscular boys with their shirts off in person during the summer months due to the obesity epidemic.
- Jörg Haider would not only have made an excellent Bond villain but also caused a couple French female reporters to be reprimanded when they got waaay off track starting from the point one referred to him as a "Silver Fox". Unfortunately this clip no longer seems to be online, possibly due to his passing.