"Favours to none, to all she smiles extends"A person who loves to tease others sexually, often the main character. Maybe they'll try Erotic Eating. Maybe they'll sidle sensually or walk with an extra bounce in their step around their target. Maybe she'll go all the way and outright offer sex. But mostly, they are not being serious. Almost always, the teased person will act in various comical fashions. Often used for Fanservice, teasing the audience as much as the characters, because Sex Sells. Occasionally it's given a dramatic justification when it's revealed that this insincere sexual aggression is really a way of feeling powerful and in control, covering up deep seated emotional insecurities, thus explaining why they can never act on them. See Tsundere and Yandere for other common ways fictional character cover their emotional insecurities. Often associated with the Hard-Drinking Party Girl. A standard tactic of The Vamp and the Femme Fatale. Male examples often overlap with The Casanova if they'll flirt with anyone who seems interested but occasionally actually seal the deal as well. If the target is Not Distracted by the Sexy, expect The Tease to become frustrated and either give up, or up the teasing to dangerous levels. (Possibly with An Aesop if the target suddenly decides to accept an "offer" that The Tease never expected to be taken up on.) Not to be confused with either the Innocent Fanservice Girl, or a character who usually doesn't tease people, but ends up in a certain situation requiring them to Show Some Leg. Sometimes a character might only tease their Love Interest. This might be considered flirting instead of teasing, since the assumption is that the Will They or Won't They? eventually will become They Did. (Denial of the implied sex is what makes a tease a tease; if the implied offer is serious, it becomes normal flirting). Compare with The Gadfly, a nonsexual version of this trope to provoke a reaction for amusement. Also compare with Shameless Fanservice Girl. Not to be confused with The Teaser.
— Alexander Pope, "The Rape of the Lock"
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Botan from 7 Seeds reveals this side of hers later on. She has no problem being (half) naked in front of other people and is even willing to give some eyecandy in order to distract someone.
- Leone from Akame ga Kill! shamelessly flirts with Tatsumi. She constantly shoves his face into her breasts, violates his personal space, pries into his love life, and even licked his face to mark him as her own. However, given that she blushes whenever he treats her nice it's subtly implied that she does develop a real interest in him. Though that still doesn't stop her from continuing her flirtatious behavior towards him.
- In Bleach, Yoruichi likes to show herself naked in front of Ichigo, because of his hilarious reactions. To a lesser extent, Rangiku as well.
- Aiko from Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts is this to the extreme, any appearance she makes is to tease boys, especially Tsuchiya. And when she says she's not wearing any panties or a bra, she is very likely telling the truth.
- Bakemonogatari has nine minutes straight of Hitagi starting naked, getting dressed and undressed again in front of Koyomi. Then the next episode starts with her talking about how beautiful she is and constantly skipping for absolutely no reason at all. They did not long after.
- Dokuro from Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan acts this way to the main character Sakura, when she's not brutally murdering him with her giant club.
- Hagino from Blue Drop starts doing this toward Mari as she gradually breaks through her composed stance.
- In A Certain Magical Index, WORST, the Evil Twin of the MISAKA network, tries to seduce Accelerator with some Erotic Eating. It completely fails, since he views the clones as somewhere between his sisters and his daughters, but definitely not love interests.
- The arachne (half woman and half spider) Rachnera from Daily Life with Monster Girl, even by this manga's standards. She pretty much starts putting the moves on Kimihito - albeit in a mocking fashion - even before she moves in. Once she does move in, she spends an entire day trying to get into his pants.
- Lucy of Fairy Tail, although it's usually overshadowed by other character traits, or just not plot-relevant. However, she does vocally admit to putting effort into being cute for this purpose, although her outfits also tend to be overshadowed by the more Stripperific outfits worn by... well, everyone. Other 'clues' are also semi-frequently given, such as Erza's reaction to some of her underwear in a drawer.
Lucy: Aww, come on. How much is it really worth? Surely you can cut me a deal. (later) That trick usually works! So much for using my feminine wiles...
- Loke/Leo is a rare male example. Although he has shamelessly flirted with multiple girls, he gets a real kick out of playing Lucy. He uses quite a few one liners around her and emotionally opens up to her on a personal level to get closer to her, but whenever she's about to get close he admits that he was just screwing her.
- Tsuruya in the Haruhi Suzumiya novels really likes suggesting to do some intimate stuff with Kyon (And Mikuru). Kyon doesn't fall for it.
- In fact, Haruhi herself sometimes does it:
"Swimsuits! Swimsuits! Everyone get dressed in your swimsuits and meet in the hall! Hee hee, I've helped choose these two cuties' swimsuits! You must be looking forward to them, right Kyon?" Haruhi revealed an expression of "I know what you've been thinking already" and smiled evilly, revealing her white teeth.
- In fact, Haruhi herself sometimes does it:
- Riko Mine Lupin IV in Aria the Scarlet Ammo. She knows that Kinji's Hysteria Mode is triggered by sexual arousal and shamelessly takes advantage of this (and of the information she has about his brother) to be very... close to him — under the pretext of helping him activate HSS at will, but Kinji doesn't really buy it. Later though she understands that Kinji is more aroused by Aria than by her, and does such things as imitating Aria's voice in a sensual tone or licking her neck in front of him. Yes, her Tease status actually has a practical use.
- While there are many beautiful women in High School D×D, Akeno Himejima is the Queen of Tease. It doesn't help that she is actively pursuing the Mistress role and is considered equal to Rias in terms of beauty. Bonus points for the teasing being much to Rias's chagrin, most of the time. ...Didn't we mention that Rias and Akeno are Heterosexual Life-Partners and both are in love with the protagonist Issei?
- Tomoe from Kamisama Kiss is another rare male example. He is Bishounen Little Bit Beastly Kitsune who is not wholly unaware of his attractiveness and can be quite pragmatic about employing both his looks and his charms when it suits him. To prove a point, he acts like this towards Nanami once. Oh to add more fun to the mix he is a Shapeshifting Seducer too.
- Kazuma of Kaze no Stigma for a rare straight male example. It's very clear how she feels but by the end of the show he's still just teasing, even though he's inadvertently revealed that she's the closest living person to him now.
- Aikuro Mikisugi of Kill la Kill, Ryuko's homeroom teacher and secret Sexy Mentor, loves nothing more than annoying her with suggestive comments, stripping, and a complete disregard for personal space.
- Kitsune from Love Hina does this, mainly to blackmail money or to cause trouble for Keitaro.
- Sheryl Nome of Macross Frontier shows no remorse about invoking this, even on occasion invoking it on another girl (such as teasing Nanase about her voluptuous figure). Her teasing ranges from subtle and innocent to sexy and blatant, and she's especially fond of invoking it on love interest Alto Saotome.
- Mahou Sensei Negima!:
- Evangeline orders her Robot Girl squad to strip Negi naked and throw him into the bath with her while she changes to her busty adult form, only for her to start phrasing things in the dirtiest way possible before licking the cut on his arm.
- To a lesser extent, a number of girls in the class make liberal use of Marshmallow Hell (especially Ayaka). Of course, Negi is ten, so none of the girls actually get anywhere.
- Konoka may or may not be one of these towards Setsuna. No one can seem to agree on whether Konoka is intentionally flirting or if she's oblivious of Setsuna's feelings toward her.
- Chapter 252 makes it quite obvious that she is. She kisses Setsuna, explains that she's aware of all of Setsuna's angst regarding her own weakness, and tells Setsuna that she's strong enough and wants to be with her. She then proceeds to give Setsuna the longest, deepest, and most enthusiastic Pactio kiss yet shown in the entire series. Complete with lots of tongue. It takes two pages to properly illustrate.
- After that, even resident pervert Chamo asked if they wanted to just skip straight to a full pactio, commenting on their kiss being the longest yet.
- The question is whether she really didn't understand or if it was merely Obfuscating Stupidity. There are hints that she already knew about magic (and her own ability to perform it) before she was officially let in on the secret, so this wouldn't be out of character.
- Akemi from Maison Ikkoku, unfortunately she's not very good at making clear she's just joking.
- Maria-sama ga Miteru:
- Sei has this trope written all over her. Most of her obviously sexual teasing is directed at Yumi, though.
- Sachiko is also not above acting seductively toward Yumi, especially in the first and fourth anime seasons.
- Kanade from Mayo Chiki! is a big one towards Jiro. Particularly hilarious during the beach scene in episode 7 when she makes some really erotic noises and suggestive lines as he tries to nonchalantly put sunscreen on her, embarrassing him a lot in the process.
- Naruto's Sexy Jutsu, which appears to turn him into a naked woman. This results in The Nose Bleed for any male who sees it. Well, except for Killer Bee, who No Sells the Harem Jutsu, Sexy Jutsu's upgraded version.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion: Asuka does this all the time to Shinji (when she's not angrily berating him for allegedly perving on her):
- One example is when Asuka demonstrates thermal expansion by cupping her hands over her breasts and asking him to calculate how much bigger they've become as a result. Shinji stammers that he doesn't know anything about all that.
- At episode 9 she pulls a curtain between them and calls it the "Wall of Jericho," ostensibly warning him not to come near her. At the moment it was not clear if she was intentionally dropping a hint (Bible-savvy viewers will remember that the Wall of Jericho is best known for falling down). During her utterly awful Mind Rape at the...wings? of Arael, it is made clear that she knew very very well what happened to the Wall of Jericho, and was hoping Shinji did too. Unfortunately he didn't.
- One Piece: Nami. Beyond her manipulations of Sanji, she also hits on a variety of shopkeepers to get discounts.
- Panty of Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt plays this at least once in almost every episode. Way too much to count. Knowing her...
- Ranma of Ranma ˝ is a Gender Bender thanks to a fall in a Jusenkyo spring. While he desires nothing less then to be cured, he is still more then willing to use his female form's attractiveness to his advantage. Mostly, he uses this to charm guys into giving "her" free food or extra helpings, something a Big Eater always welcomes, but he also enjoys using it to mess with the ever-so-shy (and clueless) Ryoga Hibiki.
- Rune Soldier Louie: Celecia is both a tease and a bit of a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing, where Louie's concerned. She's genuinely a very kindhearted person, but she isn't above using his feelings for her to her advantage; only to run off immediately after he's suited her purposes. Melissa and the others hang a massive lampshade on it at the end of the 9th episode (seen at 18:15-18:57, here).:
Melissa: (smirking) "Do you still not get it, Louie? That girl was just pretending so she'd get on your good side. That way, she could have you stop the machine."Jeanie: (irately at Louie) "You're just lucky we were all on the same team."Merrill: (smug grin) "Let's put it this way, Louie: elf girl used you. But as they say: "bitches will be bitches.."*girls laugh as Louie realizes he's an idiot*
- Chihaya of Samurai Harem: Asu no Yoichi tease Yoichi this way. It doesn't seem she's ever been serious about taking it too far, just seeing how far she can push him before she gets stopped (by her elder sister when she goes full-out). She writes manga, so it's very clear what she's looking for.
- In Sasameki Koto, Ushio's teasing of Sumika is a clear sign of her growing self-acceptance.
- Urushibara does this a lot to Moroha in Seiken Tsukai No World Break. Though she usually only does it if Satsuki is present, as she seems to enjoy provoking the latter any time she gets too friendly with him.
- Chizuru in Seitokai no Ichizon. Except it seems like if Ken actually tried anything he would probably burst into flames, melt or get eaten by some invisible monster. Something bad, in any case. She's a little too scary, in any case.
- Ikuto from Shugo Chara! is a shameless tease and a rare male example. He has the ability to make even the most mundane things he says or does drip with seduction and sexual undertones, and he loves to ruffle the heroine's feathers, sometimes pretending like he's flirting with her or about to kiss her, only to pull a "Just kidding!" right when she's good and flustered. No wonder their relationship is the way it is.
- Spice and Wolf:
- Holo loves to tease her partner Lawrence- not with her body (they both have a pretty casual approach to nudity) but just by flirting with him about their relationship. Lawrence is quite capable of holding his own, though. The dialogue is so well written it's reminiscent of the movies of Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall.
- Lawrence seems to be well able to give back all that he gets in this department. Despite her years (centuries) more experience, he seems to do better in the long run with this trope. Lawrence ups his game in the second arch or season two. At that point, he was almost matching her blow for blow and and actually "won" once.
- Star Driver's Kanako Watanabe exists to make Takuto thoroughly uncomfortable with her increasingly suggestive comments.
- Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo! Of course she means her offers towards Tenchi, but she teases others.
- Maria likes to do this to Basara a lot in The Testament of Sister New Devil, such as when she claims to be wearing a Naked Apron in the first episode, only to then reveal her clothing underneath.
- To Love-Ru:
- Momo regularly sneaks into Rito's bed, asks him where his Ero-mags are, and in one notable insistance pops up between his legs and offers to help him with his love problems. She even freely admits that she wants to be his mistress.
- Risa is just as bad, but unlike Momo who only messes with Rito, Risa likes to tease everybody, male or female; she enjoys Skinship Grope a little too much, once pushed Rito onto her bed and began srtipping him, regularly feels up Yami-chan's legs and just generally acts as sultry as possible.
- Kureha from Tokkô tends to be a tease. Saya also acts as a bit of a tease towards her own brother Ranmaru.
- Ami from Toradora! occasionally tries it with Ryuuji. It mostly seems to be a way for her to grab attention while keeping on top of the situation.
- Jura from Vandread likes to use this trope on Hibiki, especially whenever their mecha are merged together.
- Black Cat always loves to get Peter flustered, whether or not they're actually dating at the moment. She notes that he gets so cute that she can't help herself.
- Catwoman is well-known for using her sexuality as a weapon. The most obvious case is her flirting with Batman.
- Young Loki's life mission since some years seems to be to flirt with everybody in the Marvel Universe, with no concern of gender or sexuality. They were already a troll and kind of Medium Aware, now they're also Otherworldly and Sexually Ambiguous and know how to invoke their stance as Mr. Fanservice.
- Ghosts Of Evangelion deconstructed this. Misato flirted with Shinji because she enjoyed a good joke. It never occurred to her that Shinji could think she was being serious or her behavior was hurting Asuka (who had a crush on Shinji):
Misato: Believe me, Shinji, I'm not some… some pedophile who's into younger guys. I just thought, 'Maybe this will work,' and gave it a shot. That's all it was. I promise, Shinji, you don't need to worry about that. You really don't.
Shinji: But you always teased me. All that sex stuff, and the skimpy clothes, and…
Misato: Oh, come on, Shinji, I was just teasing! Look, kid, there's only one man in my life, and you aren't him. Don't read too much into things that aren't meant to be taken seriously! I was just teasing you, that's all. I'll admit it went too far, and I'm sorry if it hurt you, but I'm telling you right now that I don't view you that way at all. It's important that you understand that.
- HERZ: Kurumi spends the whole time teasing Shinji and trying to seduce him, much to his terror and Asuka’s wrath.
- Nellie in The Half-Breed strings along several men—dating Sheriff Dunn, canoodling eponymous half-Native American Lo and meeting him in the forest for trysts, dating local businessman Jack Brice. In the end she tells Jack that he's the only man she ever loved.
- In A Foreign Affair, Marlene Dietrich is the epitome of this trope to the MPs that plan to take her to HQ and question her. But she has a convincing way to seduce them.
- A Song of Ice and Fire:
- Margaery Tyrell. Despite Cersei's best attempts to get her to commit adultery so she can be discredited, it seems that Margaery flirts but is too clever to let it go any further.
- Seems to be a Tyrell family trait: Margaery's brother, Loras "The Knight of Flowers" Tyrell, regularly puts on a show of distributing white roses to his female fans during tournaments before singling out one to give a red rose to, all designed to pump up his reputation as a knight and, incidentally, obfuscate the fact that he's very gay in a very much non-gay-friendly setting.
Live Action TV
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer:
Buffy: Oh, look at my poor neck. All bare and tender and exposed. All that blood just pum-ping away.Spike: Giles, make her stop!
- Renegade Slayer Faith does a Grand Theft Me on Buffy and encounters vampire Spike while dancing at the Bronze. She proceeds to explain in lurid detail exactly what a hot chick with Super Strength could do to him if she wished, but then smirks and says, "But it would be wrong." Spike is needless to say furious, but thanks to his inhibitor chip can't do anything about her taunting. At least, not that season.
- And the actual Buffy does a Foe Yay version when Spike first gets his Restraining Bolt, preventing him from biting humans.
- Kate Beckett in Castle loves to drive Chivalrous Pervert Rick Castle up the wall with her comments and her flirting. It's even lampshaded in one episode:
Castle: You should really moonlight [as a dominatrix]. Trust me — you would make a fortune. Come on, isn't there anything you would like to do with your handcuffs besides arresting criminals?
Beckett: No...[seductively] but there is one hot, wild, kinky thing that I do like doing...
[Castle's elbow slips off the table as he stares at her earnestly]
Beckett: [Flatly] Putting killers behind bars.
Castle: [Disappointed] See, you're already a tease—you're halfway there.
- Deconstructed in the fourth season when, owing to a chain of misunderstandings and secrets, Castle eventually comes to believe that it really is all just a joke to her — and, since he's fallen deeply in love with her by this point, does not take it well. Which causes a bigger mess when he starts lashing out, much to Beckett's hurt and confusion since she actually is in love with him as well.
- Played for laughs on Criminal Minds, in which the not-involved Morgan and Garcia mutually tease each other. Their sexy phone banter is seen usually once an episode, and while their team no longer even notices their outrageous flirtations, it tends to send others for a loop.
- Kid-friendly example in iCarly. Carly mentions that she's making piña colada lip gloss. When Freddie asks if it actually tastes like it, she asks him if he wants to find out. He eagerly agrees. She leans in... only for her to rub some of it on her hand and smoosh it against his lips.
- Selina Kyle from Gotham is a teenage example. She frequently flirts with Bruce Wayne and even steals a few kisses off of him just to make him shy.
- Ziva in NCIS frequently sends Tony's blood pressure ridiculously high on purpose.
- Stargate SG-1" Daniel assumes Vala is this. He's wrong, as she has real feelings for him, but she certainly teases other male cast members with no intention of putting out.
- In Two and a Half Men, naive Jake asks a girl what her lip gloss tastes like and when she asks if he wants to find out he says "sure". She leans in for a kiss, but Jake scrapes his finger over her lips then put it in his mouth.
- Cat in Victorious is completely good-natured, but shown to be quite flirtatious.
- From "When You're Alone (It Ain't Easy) by Journey:
"She told me she'd be there, She phoned me today. Little girl, big teaser, So I'm on my way."
- Alissa Flash's gimmick (besides Sensational Sherri eye paint) used to be that she would wear a jacket that exposed a sports bra, and then zip it up so no one could see it. Can you image in fans in the Impact Zone booed her for this?
- This has become The Beautiful People's gimmick, following their reunion in TNA, which began with Angelina Love and Velvet Sky promising to strip, only to admit they lied. Love and Velvet have even leaned in almost mouth to mouth during their entrances, only to pull away when the camera zooms in and give nothing but a mocking finger wag.
- Super Robot Wars Original Generation: Excellen Browning. What? Teasing your fellow pilots to see you in Bunny Suits doesn't count? Or walking around in nothing but a towel. Or mercilessly hitting on the guys she knows are either shy or easily flustered around women.
- Sylvia Christel from No More Heroes, almost sadistically so. Of course, the person she's teasing is Travis, a bit of an easy target.
- Karura in Utawarerumono does this a lot. Although she's generally joking or simply, well, teasing, it's pretty clear she would like to be taken up on her offers.
- Judith from Tales of Vesperia loves making Raven faint.
Judith: I wonder if I should show a little more, you know...?
- Zaveid from Tales of Zestiria will flirt with every female member of the party, but it doesn't appear to be serious at all. He even says a flirtious line to a female comrade if he's casting a healing spell on her.
- In Tales of Xillia 2, Muzet acts like this to the guys. All of her unique victory quotes with them involve teasing, and she really loves doing it to Ludger and Jude in cutscenes/skits. With the exception of 'tethering' with Jude and Gaius, she doesn't ever take it further. If Ludger maxes her affinity, her victory quote will change from teasing to one where she apologises for teasing him all the time.
- Played for Laughs with Anise from Tales of the Abyss. Anise thinks she can be this and she tries, but due to being 13 and looking about 10, she fails hilariously, most notably in one skit appropriately titled "Operation Sexy Anise... Failed?!", in which Anise wears her bathing suit to distract/stun monsters with her "sexiness" and thus leave them open for attack. Luke and Guy tease her by saying the monsters seemed drawn to her and ask her to wear it again for the next battle.
- Keiji from Sengoku Basara is a male version, though he doesn't use his own charms. Rather, all he needs to do to make his favourite victim and resident Chaste Hero Yukimura blush is mention that he should find someone to love.
- Sayoko Uehara, the character for Persona 4's Devil Social Link, makes her introduction by hitting on the protagonist, and does it some more for the next 3 or so levels of the S-Link. Then she stops being playful as we see another side of her...
- Dragon Age II:
- Isabela teases just about everyone during party banter, especially Carver and Aveline.
- Morrigan is a milder version in the first game; she limits her teasing to the Warden, Sten, and Alistair but certainly does tease those three quite a bit.
- Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening comically reveals Oghren to be this; Sigrun finally responds to his drunken come-ons and he doesn't take her up on it, and she crows that he's all talk.
- Zevran is like this with everyone except the player character (who he will happily have sex with). In particular, he enjoys teasing Morrigan, Leliana, Wynne and Alistair. On a couple of occasions, Oghren too. Most of it seems to be for trollish reasons.
- Rouge the Bat from Sonic the Hedgehog anyone? She sarcastically flirts with Knuckles, Shadow, Sonic, Tails, Eggman... (Though the first two could also be not so sarcastic.)
- Kyrie from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's Portable : The Gears of Destiny, who hits on both Fate and Chrono during during her matches against them.
- Falls-From-Grace of Planescape: Torment. She's a succubus and she's not above joking about it, either.
"We don't know each other well enough yet.""I'm afraid if you were to remove that... I would be naked."
- For instance, attempting to unequip her bodice:
"Oh! Does this mean we are engaged?""A ring? Without a proposal? How improper!"
- And equipping a ring:
- From Quest for Glory III, the Welcome Woman, Janna Jamir. The player can flirt with her, and some of her dialog doesn't so much fly in under the radar as it does a full-scale suppression run. Nothing ever comes of it (though it's a good and quick way to build your Communication score), and it should also be pointed out that she's married. Not that it stops her from often being the instigator of the exchanges. Additionally, she'll strike a sexy pose (well, by the standards of 256-color VGA graphics c.1992) when she goes to get your meal if you choose to flirt.
Janna: It is not just the room you warm with your sunshine, oh prince of passion. Your words inflame my cheeks, and other places.
- In Megadimension Neptunia VII, Neptune, as Purple Heart of all people, manages to be this towards one of the villains of the game.
- Morrigan from Darkstalkers is a succubus who likes to taunt Demetri with her charms, knowing that he is smitten with her...at times.
- Ada Wong from Resident Evil is a professional Femme Fatale who playfully flirts with Leon Kennedy while fighting against him and using him for her own secret agenda. She usually leaves him every time after manipulating him. However, she eventually develops real feeling for him, but her seductive behavior doesn't cease.
- In Bayonetta the titular Hot Witch will invoke this trope during most of her screen time. Notable examples include: straddling/fake kissing Luka, letting several angels strip her naked before donning her usual Spy Catsuit made of Magic Hair in the second game's opening (complete with inappropriate moaning), slowly dancing with a stripper pole during the credits and dressing like a Naughty Nun at her own fake funeral.
- Fate/stay night:
- Rin Tohsaka admits that she finds Shirou's reactions to her teasing/tormenting hilarious. He gets extremely embarrassed and shy just being alone with or near her or even just seeing her in non school clothing. On the other hand, she herself gets rather flustered by how straightforwardly honest he is. Although she is something of a love interest (confirmed to be in love with him in 3/4 routes he survives in and likely the fourth) she's not flirting, just enjoying his awkwardness.
- This gets turned on its head in the Unlimited Blade Works route, where she and Shirou actually do hook up. Shirou eventually starts getting her back by taking her jokes at face value, which in turn causes her to get all embarrassed and flustered. And then there's this scene from late in the route...
- Hiroki in Canvas 2 enjoys flirting with his students. Contrary to what you might expect, he never gets in trouble for it.
- Sakazaki Yuuya of Hatoful Boyfriend shows signs of this. He's a massive tease but his flirtations seem to be more for fun than serious - he's actually too busy to "take you somewhere nice" or just about anything else.
- Shion Sonozaki in Higurashi: When They Cry likes to hit on Keiichi to make her twin sister Mion (who has a crush on him) jealous, by doing such things as squeezing his arm between her breasts. She doesn't have any real feelings for him though... at first. Compare with Mion, her gad fly sister.
- Kurugaya from Little Busters! loves to tease Riki by doing things like casually asking him to take a bath with her or sending him a photo of a striped piece of paper and telling him it's of her panties because she finds it adorable how flustered he invariably gets. It takes him a while to realise that, while she's very adept at dishing it out, she isn't at all used to getting it back, and when he starts teasing her a little after they start going out she gets every bit as flustered as he does.
- El Goonish Shive has two. One insists on shapeshifting into attractive females, and the other combines it with being Innocent Fanservice Girl through having Single-Target Sexuality.
- Vanity Thorn from Sequential Art does it just for the lulz.
- Bud of Wapsi Square is usually rather modest, but put her on the dance floor and she enjoys watching guys drown in their own saliva.
- In the fan comic Roommates we have Mr. King (aka the Erlkönig), who is a heterosexual male and to quote the fans a "bloody flirt" to several female characters (seems to try this with any woman who doesn't know him well enough).
- Mistertique, a.k.a. The Clit Tease is a rare heterosexual male example. His whole schtick involves seducing women, then leaving before actually doing the deed. Since, y'know, that would ruin the Masculine Mystique. (Not that this makes him less desirable in-universe.)
- Sarah does this to Danielbeast a bit in lonelygirl15 series 1. Then she tells him to back off when she decides he's taking it too seriously.
- Gay male example: Jeremy acts like this toward Simon in Shadow of the Templar even after they get into a sexual relationship, mainly because it flusters/irritates Simon and possibly also because it's the easiest way for him to express his deeper feelings for him.
- Ashe Gogus in Ilivais X certainly is this. Her comments are never overtly sexual, but she's extremely flaunty and every other sentence she spouts has something to do with boobs.
- Doug Walker tends to act like this for fun and fanservice, even including jokingly flirting with his brother.
- Dr. Tease from The Nostalgia Chick's show. Her full name is basically a pun for "cocktease" ("Doc Tease").
- In Dragonball Abridged, Bulma is accused of being a cocktease by Krillin, who finds himself a bit... pent up after she spends the better part of a long spaceship trip in which they're cooped up together in her underwear.
- In Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series, Mai Valentine does this, especially just to see Joey squirm.
- Batman: The Animated Series: Catwoman maintains the flirtatious nature of her comic book counterpart by coming onto the dark knight himself in every episode featuring her. She and Batman always have a romantic moment in their encounters, but she'll usually leave him by the end. It sadly ends with their relationship going nowhere, with her abandoning him after he saves her yet again.
- Family Guy: In an off-hand joke, Lois describes all women as this when she Experimented in College. It's the reason why she went back to men.
- Justice League Unlimited S 2 E 4 Task Force X: After Colonel Flag introduces Lawton to Sans Souci as the explosives expert, she immediately begins coming onto him and flirts with him throughout the entire episode.
Lawton: I know, I've seen the pictures.Sans Souci, smiling: And that's all you're gonna get to see, killer.
- G-Force: Juarez to Darwin and Blaster. When Darwin complains about her keeping them in confusion and desperation, she replies that is exactly how she likes it.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: Child friendly example, Rarity constantly utilizes her charms and good looks to get her way.
- In The Venture Bros., Molotov Cocktease is the target of constant Belligerent Sexual Tension with Brock, but it can never be resolved, due in part to her chastity belt.