Taiga: Your dress is see-through.The "other half" of how nudism is portrayed in the media, used less often than the Innocent Fanservice Girl variation — ironic, due to this being technically speaking a more realistic approximation of nudist beliefs. The key difference between a Shameless Fanservice Girl and an Innocent Fanservice Girl is that while the Innocent Fanservice Girl's lack of a nudity taboo is based on the fact that she never knew of its existence (i.e., she's too innocent to know better), the Shameless Fanservice Girl does know, but just doesn't care. She ignores nudity taboos by choice and couldn't care less who's disturbed by it. This doesn't necessarily mean she prances around the streets in the nude constantly. Perhaps she's just the type who sleeps in the nude, spends all of her private time in her house without clothing, or only goes nude when she feels safe doing so, such as at the beach. But whatever the reasoning and specifics, the key factor is that she does understand that nudity is typically frowned upon by people. Her amount of consideration to people who are uncomfortable around her nudity can vary. Sometimes she will get dressed just for the sake of her house guests. Other times she'll have a "screw you" attitude and not let the disturbed countenance of her house guests persuade her to stop being naked if she wants to be. It pretty much depends on what kind of person she is. Satirical or comedic versions frequently have her facing no repercussions at all (much like her innocent sister-trope), or only comedic ones. Sometimes, for extra comedic effect, her nudity will only be noticed by one person whilst being ignored by everyone else for no apparent reason. More serious portrayals will tend towards the discreet: Characters that reject the taboo but otherwise do not make it an issue, or only in semi-private situations where they are within their rights to decide what to wear. While this trope can overlap with Attention Whores, it is not a subtrope. This is not "the exhibitionism trope", but rather, "the knowingly unashamed trope". This does not preclude a rare Attention Whore who is also a Shameless Fanservice Girl, but it is not a requirement. The polar opposite of Reluctant Fanservice Girl.
Red Saber: Fool. It's not see-through. I'm letting people see.
Red Saber: Fool. It's not see-through. I'm letting people see.
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Princess Hathor Nefert in Anatolia Story, who walks around topless like it's nothing much to the shock of the Hitite ladies and Yuri. Kinda justified: she's from the VERY hot Egypt, so she's used to taking off her top to be more comfortable when it's too sunny for her taste.note
- Gender-flipped: France from Axis Powers Hetalia walks around naked when he has the option. Most notably in episode 35 of Axis Powers, (England freaks out upon seeing him and is almost forced to nudity by France), and episode 11 of the Beautiful World (no one cares or even mentions it). Oh God, that episode. . .
- In Battle Athletes (not to be confused with Battle Athletes Victory, the remake) Kris Christopher calmly parades around the room she shares with her teammates completely naked as it's part of her culture/religion. The other girls are not particularly thrilled about this.
- In B Gata H Kei, Kosuda argues quite regularly with his sister about her tendency to casual nudity at home. She's not so shameless that she'd walk outside in the nude or even around the house if there are guests over, but if it's just her high-school-age baby brother, who cares? (aside from said brother, and anyone walking outside while he yells at her)
- Yoruichi Shihouin of Bleach. At first it was because she spends so much time in cat form that she forgets to wear clothes and just seems to find it more comfortable, but when she revealed her human form to Ichigo for the first time and he protested over her nudity, she found it funny and started doing it just to fluster him. For example;
- And then there was the time readers learn she actually came up with a way to Flash Step out of her clothes.
- Around the time Isshin and Masaki first met, he saw her naked. She just laughed and made fun of him for getting flustered.
- In Darker Than Black, Brita can teleport, but can't take clothes or any other inorganic materials with her. She doesn't care about this limitation at all, and flaunts her body endlessly.
- Majority of Mamoru Onodera's Battle Harem in Deadline Summonner. Out of the ten cute monster girls, they are only three who are dressed in more than a few scraps of fabric. Justified in that they probably don't share the same perception of "decency" as humans.
- Mitsuka-sensei from DearS is this in spades, and even the horny male teenagers in her class are turned off by her (despite being very attractive aesthetically) because of how far she takes this trope. It also might have something to do with Mitsuka being what Japan calls a Christmas Cake, meaning over the age of 25, and thus automatically unappealing because they are "unmarriable". The series on occasion pokes fun of the concept.
- After Nanami gets stripped to a halter and shorts by a magic attack in Dog Days, she simply laughs, strikes a pose, and says "Showing this much is okay!" She does have a limit, however, as shown when a later attack strips her completely naked.
- Ranfan from Dragon Ball that strips down to her underwear to seduce Namu; this is her most-powerful tactic to shock male opponents. Unfortunately for her, Namu defeated her fighting with his eyes closed to Ignore the Fan Service.
- Yuuko of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia is an odd example. She sees no reason for modesty in her ghost form, stripping out of one school uniform to put on another right in front of Teiichi. However, she does get embarrassed when people see her physical body... which is a skeleton by now.
- Mami of Esper Mami is a strange variant — her father's a painter, and she works for him as a nude model. As a result, she has no hang ups about being nude, especially at home.
- Fairy Tail:
- Erza Scarlet mentions in one episode that maybe she should walk around the guild naked and is completely at ease with taking baths with Natsu and Gray. In one hotsprings scene when some of the girls are bathing they get chills and think the boys are spying on themnote . Erza's reaction is to let them in.
- Natsu seems to be like this too. When he ends up naked along with his female guildmates in two different contexts (Lucy, Erza and Wendy at a hot spring and Lisanna in a prison), he has some rather amusing reactions about the fact that they are in the nude, but he doesn't seem to mind nor think about that they also get to see him naked.
- Natsu is pretty much confirmed to be this in chapter 416.5. When he is called in to use his flames to heat the women's bath by Erza he walks in totally naked. Natsu doesn't seem to notice or care that all the girls can see him. Lucy is the one to tell him to get dressed, though his reaction is nothing more than casually noting her presence.
- Lucy Ashley, unlike Lucy Heartfilia, is a bit shameless and offers to let Natsu see her naked.
- Louise from The Familiar of Zero has no problem changing in front of Saito at first, because she considers him to be merely a servant. A few episodes later she hides in a closet to change, showing that she thinks of him differently.
- Free!'s Haruka Nanase doesn't care if he's in public — if there's an opportunity for him to swim, he won't hesitate to strip down to his trunks.
- Nyarko of Haiyore! Nyarko-san has absolutely no problem surprising her Love Interest Mahiro by barging into the bathroom in the nude, and repeatedly attempts to seduce him regardless of their current situation (like trying to get intimate when they're both stuffed into a girls' room locker). In her case, it seems to be an odd application of Single-Target Sexuality, since the entirely of her efforts are focused on Mahiro; when it comes to her unwanted Psycho Lesbian Stalker with a Crush Cuuko, she's a lot more modest.
- Yoshinoya-sensei from Hidamari Sketch she always tells her students that she can model nude if they wanted.
- Haruhi Suzumiya: The main female character, Haruhi, doesn't have a problem with changing in public because she doesn't care about anyone else or what they think. A major sign of her growing relationship with Kyon is that she does begin to care if he's watching and violently tsuns him out of the room.
- In High School D×D, Rias is this in spades. Rias does show concern about exposure on a few occasions when nudity is forced on her, but if she wants to be naked, she'll be naked. The other major girls in Issei's harem are on the border in this area, hovering between the sort of Innocent Fanservice Girl who doesn't realize there's a problem with getting naked in a particular situation and the Shameless Fanservice Girl who fully comprehends what she's doing but does it anyway to achieve her goals.
- Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple:
- Rachel Stanley has no problem exposing herself more in order to gain more attention.
- Shigure Kosaka. She does get pissed when Kensei Ma attempts to peek on her in the bath, but could care less about bathing with Kenichi, and doesn't even bother to lock the door to her room when she changes. However, when she's captured by YAMI and subjected to a Shameful Strip, she blushes and angrily calls them perverts.
- Kill la Kill:
- Played for Drama, as the price one must pay to wield the full power of a Kamui (a living uniform), apart from feeding it blood, is to appear half-naked while wearing it. Satsuki fully embraces it with neither shame nor hesitation to show her total mastery of its power, while Ryuko must overcome her fear of everyone gawking at her naked body in order to catch up. For Satsuki this is greatly aided by her thinking everyone else to be so beneath her that she doesn't even care what they see. Though, in actuality, she just does whatever it takes in order to accomplish her goals.
- Joining Aikuro on the male side is Uzu Sanageyama, who won't let silly little things like being completely naked get in the way of rejoining the fray.
- By the three-quarter mark of the show, especially the ending, the list of shameless fanservice characters extends to everyone.
- Mahou Sensei Negima!:
- Evangeline has no qualms about being seen nude, and will often tease any male characters around if they do happen to walk in on her. This is generally less than successful given her apparent age.
- Misa Kakizaki is a lesser example. In an early chapter when Negi is touring the campus and sees the cheerleaders at practice, a couple of them are embarrassed by his staring, while Misa replies "Oh please, like these outfits are designed to discourage staring." She's also among the more sexually aggressive girls (she's the one who came up with the "Reverse Hikaru Genji Plan"), though her lack of story prominence means this is never elevated beyond a background gag.
- Maken-ki!: Despite her late introduction, the manga wastes no time establishing Love Espada as having a raging libido and just as eager to please.
- Shortly after arriving at Tenbi, she went into the boy's locker-room in nothing but a string bikini and high-heels, in an attempt to seduce Takeru, then and there. It took all his willpower to turn her down, but he couldn't help staring, later.
- In chapter 70, she wore a Playboy Bunny costume while making the announcements at the Himekagura Festival. When she noticed how all the guys were staring, she got turned on and started to strip for them. Her friend, Hoshii, kept her from doing it, so Espada did the next best thing: she stuffed the mic down her cleavage and bent over onstage, to give the crowd a clear view of what she had to offer.
- Three chapters later, she drew another crowd when she started posing provocatively. When Otohime tells her to stop trying to seduce the boys and focus on their objective, Espada replies that it wasn't just the boys she was after.
- Medaka Box's title character Medaka Kurokami has no problem changing clothes in front of her childhood friend Zenkichi and wears a Custom Uniform of Sexy that shows off her ample cleavage. When Zenkichi asks if she has any shame, she responds, "What's the point in having a body this toned if I don't show it off?"; later, when a member of the Enforcers complains about the uniform, she says "I'm not showing off my cleavage, I'm covering the rest of my body."
- Queen's Blade: Elina is openly lesbian for her big sister, Leina, and doesn't care who knows it. In "Hide & Seek", she groped her sister in public, just before their semi-final bout at the tournament. She and Leina are also known for habitually sleeping in the nude, though unlike her sister, Elina isn't bothered by anyone walking in on her.
- Ranma ½:
- Ranma is a bit of a downplayed version of this. He doesn't hate clothes; he just really doesn't care about whether he's naked or not. He's been known to go topless in front of men without batting an eyelid and has used his female form's good looks to tease men into giving him what he wants or needs. It's usually through Akane covering him up with clothes or a towel that he preserves any modesty. We also see him in male form at home in nothing but boxers quite a bit.
- Shampoo acts this way when she's trying to seduce Ranma. She simply doesn't have any problem with showing up in his bathroom naked.
- Alice of R.O.D the TV suddenly and nonchalantly strips naked to avoid getting her clothes wet, much to Drake's dismay.
- Shimoneta: In her Blue Snow persona, Ayame only wears a sheet with nothing under it and a pair of panties as a mask. Justified in that her lack of clothes makes the police unwilling to touch her, because if she winds up exposed they'd be breaking even more obscenity laws.
- Chocolate Misu in Sorcerer Hunters, much to the chagrin of her more conservative younger sister and the object of her desires.
- Blair, the shapeshifting cat from Soul Eater. Soon after Soul trashed her place and ate one of her souls (by mistake), she started living in his and Maka's place, and she's been a perpetual tease ever since: not afraid to crawl up to a snoozing Soul in the nude or to "accidentally" drop the towel she was wearing in front of the entire gang when they first come over. She also works nights at the cabaret frequented by Maka's father.
- Holo of Spice and Wolf has absolutely no problem with other people seeing her naked — her first conversation with Lawrence, famously, was conducted entirely with her completely nude, and he was much more unnerved than her. Justified, since she's actually a wolf — when she runs around all the time in her fur, why should she care if people see her human skin? She prefers to wear clothing most of the time, though, since it's much colder without her fur.
- Maria, being a succubus, likes to tease Basara a lot in The Testament of Sister New Devil.
- Yuusaku in Toradora!. One episode featured him nonchalantly walking into a room, in full view of the three main girls, with nothing covering him except a handtowel. He excuses himself saying he didn't know there were women in the room, but couldn't be less ashamed.
- To Love-Ru:
- Momo Belia Deviluke. She is more than willing to step into the bathtub with Rito, wake him up straddling him half-dressed, etc.
- Mea doesn't show any kind of embarrassment or shame, not even when her clothes got ripped off. She instead prefers to get caught in awkward and/or sexual experiences, showing a sadomasochistic side.
- Mio in Waiting in the Summer is a deconstruction of this trope — having been raised as a nudist her whole life she was never raised with a nudity taboo. However, instead of having the standard effect on her personality it actually causes her a lot of self-confidence problems — she's convinced that she's a weirdo in comparison to everyone else. She still doesn't wear clothing around the house, can't sleep with clothes on (even in group situations), and can't remember to wear underwear, but altogether she's humiliated by the fact that she's a "weird nudist" more than anything else. Ironically, or perhaps part of the deconstruction, she wears fairly conservative outfits for the most part (even going so far as to wear a hooded sweatshirt to the pool), and is the first anime and manga character on this list to actually call themselves a nudist, instead of just randomly deciding not to wear clothes when fanservice calls for it.
- Ryuuko Kounuma from Wolf Guy - Wolfen Crest. Not only doesn't seem to mind being nude in front of Inugami, but also not so much about masturbating in his proximity.
- In an issue of Batman and the Outsiders, Cassandra Cain moves in with Grace and Anissa, and gets a glass of orange juice while completely naked, simply because she doesn't bother. Grace remarks "I didn't know the Bat-crowd was clothing-optional", while Anissa observes "she has so many scars..."
- In the Den series, any woman coming from Earth to Neverwhere typically becomes this: buck naked, buxom and happy to be that way in a Sword & Sorcery world with National Geographic Nudity.
- So is Magical Native American Rainmaker in Gen¹³, which is fitting seeing how she's an expy of Storm.
- The title character in Lady S has absolutely no problem escaping a house in her underwear. She once had to climb a roof, and removed her dress because it wasn't practical, rather than tearing it.
- Catman from Secret Six is a Rare Male Example, since he frequently winds up naked and knows why it makes people uncomfortable, he simply doesn't give a shit, which ties into his semi-feral personality.
- Every female character in Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose.
- Starfire is like this in the original Teen Titans comics. In the 2011 reboot, she's more of a Ms. Fanservice with an extreme dosage of Ethical Slut.
- Reka in The Secret History is frequently naked and knows exactly what effect she has on men.
- In Wild Arms: The Dee Legacy, Anne Hardin simply has more important concerns than modesty, bathing and changing whenever she needs to, although she has a good deal of awareness when someone is paying more attention when necessary.
- In Teal'c's Wish, after Willow vanishes all of SG1's clothing, only Vala and Teal'c aren't bothered. Vala poses and tells the guards to "enjoy the free show" whereas Teal'c simply doesn't care.
- In Child of the Storm, Betsy Braddock seems to have an element of this, since she's perfectly happy to drop her clothes in front of Peter Wisdom - the first time to test him, since she couldn't get a psychic read on him (his reaction was largely boredom), the second time to annoy him (which succeeded). She's also an Ethical Slut, Fandral admiringly referring to her as a 'woman of the world' after having one afternoon stand with her.
- In Crush, Superman offhandedly mentions that all Kryptonians (at least those with superpowers) think nothing of being seen naked or seeing others naked because if they don't concentrate, their eyes shift through the various spectrum. As a result, they see everyone naked several times a day, including each other.
- In Emergence, after they find Yang, Sam hands her some clothes to replace her tattered and filthy ones. She changes right in front of them. He gets scared and shields his eyes, thinking she'll beat him up, but Ruby explains that Yang doesn't care what anybody sees.
- In A Minor Miscalculation, Ryuko undergoes the shift from Reluctant Fanservice Girl to this during a six month Time Skip. With no more inhibitions about being exposed, she rarely sees a problem with showering or changing in front of people, though she acknowledges times when it logically might be inappropriate.
- In Off The Line while Rainstorm admits he still hates his Stripperific armor that he's cursed to wear, he is no longer bothered by it anymore and no longer cares if he's half-naked around people.
- In White, most Hollows don't react much to their nudity upon transforming into Arrancars, largely due to having spent decades if not centuries without having any sex drive or even genitals.
Film — Animation
Films — Live-Action
- Delly from Night Moves shows little restraint in whipping her clothes off in front of much older men; it's suggested that her mother inspires such behavior.
- The European exchange student from Not Another Teen Movie. People notice, but reactions are comedic or nonexistent. One girl who's also completely naked complains that they have the same outfit.
- Trash from The Return of the Living Dead likes hanging out at graveyards naked, and the idea of asking anybody for something to wear does not occur to her for the rest of the movie. She does grab someone's vest when the Trioxin-tainted rain starts to fall, but in that case her concern is protection instead of modesty. She never does find any pants.
- Ulla from The Producers auditions with a song she wrote herself: "When You've Got It, Flaunt It". And she's got it.
Clothes may make the man / All a girl needs is a tan / When you've got it, let it hang out!
- In Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and its sequel, Lara is made out to be something of this. In the first film, Lara is offered a dress by her butler as she steps out of the shower. She tosses the towel she has wrapped around her aside in indignation, giving us a moment of Toplessness from the Back.
- A defining example of this trope in film is the nude biker (Gilda Texter) in Vanishing Point (1971).
- Mystique from the X-Men films does not give a damn about the implications of being naked all the time. It helps that her privates are naturally covered by blue scales and she probably doesn't feel the cold. It also helps that she can shapeshift the appearance of clothes onto herself when impersonating others, so actual clothing would be an impediment.
- The actress playing Mystique, Rebecca Romijn, wasn't wearing much more than blue paint and prosthetic appliques but she said she didn't feel at all naked - though she admitted she sure looked naked.
- The funny thing is, Jennifer Lawrence, who plays the younger Mystique, has said the opposite, that she feels very uncomfortable playing Mystique, as she does feel naked on-set with everyone seeing everything.
- In Diamonds Are Forever, Tiffany Case lampshades this in her first scene, saying she doesn't bother to dress for the hired help.
- In the first Underworld movie, there is a very subtle suggestion that Selene may have Shameless Fanservice Girl tendencies, at least during her offscreen, non-Lycan-hunting hours. The vampire boss Kraven orders pretty blonde vampire Erika, to get Selene dressed and ready for the party tonight. Shortly thereafter, Erika enters Selene’s room to bring her the party dress she selected. Erika says, “Oh yes. You should wear this one. It’s perfect.” …And holds up a completely see-through black dress. The suggestion being, that either Selene would have no qualms about wearing a nearly nude transparent gown – or at least – Erika would like to see Selene wear it.
- In 1915 film Hypocrites the character of the Naked Truth is portrayed by a nude actress. The Naked Truth, being a supernatural entity who is visiting mortals to show them their hypocrisies, is pretty unconcerned about being naked.
- A bizarre twist on this trope occurs in Isaac Asimov's novel The Naked Sun. The Solarians, humans on a sparsely-populated colony world where they usually live alone on vast estates with thousands of robot servants, have become extreme misanthropes. They can barely tolerate physical proximity to other human beings. However, they make extensive use of telepresence videoconferencing ("viewing") to communicate. When Elijah Baley, a detective from Earth investigating a murder, first interviews the victim's wife it is via such means and she casually talks to him naked having just come out of her bath. Because he is only viewing her, not actually seeing her (i.e. in-person), she sees nothing wrong with being naked on a video call and is confused by Elijah's discomfort. However, like any other Solarian, she would find it extremely uncomfortable to be in the actual presence of another person, even if she were fully-clothed (although she is nowhere near as phobic about it as most of her people).
- The Deuteragonist and main love interest in Zero Sight is one. It's the only reason the main protagonist is an Accidental Pervert. At one point she even gives tries to give him a photo of her nude, as reward for collecting the negatives and all copies of said photo. When he refuses she asks him if there is something wrong with the focus and shoves it in his face so he can take a better look.
- The Hunger Games: Johanna Mason, usually combined with Naked People Are Funny, playing on the awkwardness or absurdity of the situation.
- Olivia Munn shows the attitude of this trope in a video from Attack of the Show!.
- We had Karina in "The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr." episode "Bye Bly". She is a naked time traveler from the future. She travels naked because it's easier for the process. Though she appeared to have no problem being seen naked by Brisco and his friends, she does cover up when she realizes Brisco found her nudity distracting. Of course the only piece of clothing she wears throughout the episode is a blazer.
- The infamous Australian soap opera Number 96 had Miss. Hemmingway, a compulsive nudist who was in therapy to try and cure her dysfunction. She often "appeared" in the lobby of the resident psychiatrist character's office.
- Zhaan from Farscape belongs to a species with no nudity taboo. She does wear clothes most of the time, though it's used for Fanservice at least once. She knows exactly how other life forms are likely to react to her nudity. Including Squick in case of the non-humanoid Rygel.
- Cameron from The Sarah Connor Chronicles. As a Terminator she's utterly nonchalant about how little she wears or who sees her. On the other hand she's acutely aware of the reactions others have to her body and is definitely not above using them.
- Spartacus: Blood and Sand has characters such as Lucretia and Ilithyia, who bring this into play whenever they can. Note that actual upper class Roman matrons were expected to be fairly conservative in their attire. But as seduction is an important part of their arsenal they often take some liberties.
- Dialogue between Lucretia and Ilithyia indicates they both rebel, to certain extents, against expectations of "proper Roman women."
- There was a variation of this on Cheers, one who never appeared on screen. In a sub-plot to the season four finale, Norm mentioned how his wife's sister Donna, who he described as an "oversexed exhibitionist" was visiting, and how he was afraid she was flirting with him, describing how she was rather... liberal around him. (As it turned out, she was harmless.)
- In Season 4 of The Vampire Diaries Elena displays this behaviour when she loses her humanity, walking completely naked in front of the Salvatore brothers and Caroline.
- On Teen Wolf Malia doesn't care about Stiles walking in on her showering.
- Marilyn McCook from Too Many Cooks, who when she catches Chris spying on her changing, just puts down her top and smirks; she's later seen playing Pictionary topless with Darren, Chloe, Armondo, Olivia, and Taylor.
- Corner Gas episode "Spin Cycle" focuses on the town having a nude calendar for charity. Two of the main characters (Wanda and Karen) have absolutely no qualms about stripping nude on the spot if asked about the calendar (which causes another main character, Lacey, to frantically cover her eyes and start yelling "Please Put Some Clothes On"). This leads to Naked People Are Funny when Lacey overcomes her prudishness and decides to be part of the calendar after all, and strips nude in front of who she thinks is the cameraman, but is just a customer of her diner.
- Naturally, just about everyone in Bally's Playboy pinball qualifies for this trope, with the sole exception of Hugh Hefner himself.
- Taken Up to Eleven in Stern Pinball's Playboy, which features photos of Real Life Playboy playmates on the playfield in various stages of (operator-configurable) undress.
- Unsurprisingly, the female lifeguards of Baywatch are always shown wearing swimsuits that are skimpy, sexy, or both.
- WWE Diva Miss Kitty, whose entire existence seemed to revolve around her desire to be naked. She did a nude scene at WrestleMania 2000, flashed the audience after she became Women's Champion and tried to combat Right to Censor with her own Right to Nudity.
- Candice Michelle has stated that she is more than comfortable being naked. Which should be evident since she's done softcore porn and posed for Playboy twice.
- In Rocket Age Martian Julandri courtesans, both men and women, aren't so much shameless, as culturally trained with different social norms. They are aware of the reaction Earthlings have to their revealing or potentially non-existent attire, but they often don't see that as enough of a reason to change. Remember that Rocket Age is set in the 1930s...
- Fatal Fury/The King of Fighters: Mai's character design was fanservicey to begin with, but KOF flanderized her to the point where she literally fights half naked. In most games, neither she or any of her opponents seem to mind it. But XIII finally subverts it by having the majority of the cast point out the indecency of what little she's wearing. Mai's reaction ranges from trying to explain that it's the traditional garb worn by the women of the Shiranui Ninja Clan, to being insulted.
- The player Saber who is female Emperor Nero doesn't seem to be ashamed that her dress is see-through. If anything, she wants her subjects to see and be entranced. She is the Attention Whore of Babylon.
- Aversa in Fire Emblem Awakening, with her revealing take on the Dark Flier costume and her sultry personality.
- In Mortal Kombat, sexy outfits seem to be a dress code for female warriors working for Shao Khan; with Mileena, however, it crosses into an exhibitionist attitude. A picture of Mileena◊ appeared in Playboy.
- The Shadow of Rise Kujikawa in Persona 4, even before she goes berserk from her ego's rejection.
- Ryōna from Senran Kagura is this in spades, because of her masochistic tendencies. There are even moments where her fetish fueled antics boarder Nightmare Fuel territory.
- Saber from Fate/stay night initially isn't fazed by Shirou's embarrassment when he opens the door to the bathroom while she's showering. This behaviour notably changes when she develops feelings for him.
- Amane from Grisaia no Kajitsu is this to a T, and her reactions to main protagonist Yuuji accidentally walking in on her naked tend to be nonchalance (she's more confused about Yuuji's nonchalance than vice versa). Subverted in one instance when Yuuji walks in on her while she's in his room, while she's clothed but about to engage in a... personal moment, which embarrasses her immensely.
- Deliberately invoked with the Whites in Lucky Day Forever to show how inhuman they are in comparison to the Proles.
- Erica in Eternal Knights strips for fellow officer Nicky while on duty and then forgets that she was even wearing panties (in the page preceding this one where Nicky keeps the underwear as a memento); she later shocks her co-workers by whipping off her hospital gown to dress while they're still in the room at the end of this scene.
- Guenevere in Arthur, King of Time and Space. Her family is naturist and she tends not to wear clothes if she doesn't have to (and Paul can keep the art worksafe).
- El Goonish Shive. Grace progresses from Innocent Fanservice Girl to this after realizing her preference for nudity has sexual connotations to most people. She still doesn't agree with humankind's nudity taboo, but can fake it well enough to get along with people. After Sarah gets voluntarily turned into a Cat Girl in one of the newspaper arcs, she realizes that Grace has a point: clothing does feel weird when you're already covered in fur.
- Sarine from Errant Story has this attitude, though it doesn't come up very often given the setting. Jon ogles her while she bathes and she is clearly not embarrassed, though she is annoyed at the interruption.
- Girl Genius
- Zeetha. After being accidentally stripped down to her very short leather bikini, she doesn't bother to search for clothes for dozens of pages.
- Lucrezia. She removed her dress, just because she's more interested in looking at her new body than she is in modesty. At this point, she wears quite modest underwear, but someone else would be ashamed of being in these clothes in front of a guy. It's heavily implied in the novel that Lucrezia is actually going completely naked in those scenes, but that they could only "write" about that, not show it.
- Ménage à 3 has Matt and Senna for male and transsexual variants of the trope. Both are professional lingerie models and hence required to have limited nudity taboos, but both of them are also habitual seducers who are happy to exploit their looks to the full. Matt is fairly good-natured about this, if a bit of a bastard in his love life, but Senna is melodramatically vain and catty. As the comic itself is relaxed about depicting nudity, both provide plenty of fanservice for the readers.
- Cammi of Sandra on the Rocks doesn't seem to give a damn. She does enjoy winding her boss Zoé up, with gratuitous nudity as well as with her casual affair with Domenico, Zoé's ex-husband and the owner of the company. Apparently, she's just so good a chauffeur that her job is safe regardless.
- Aisha from Slimy Thief. She's an elf and elves aren't ashamed of being seen nude. When her human friend Azamat accidentally walks in on her taking a steam bath she tells him she doesn't mind if he looks just as long as he stops staring at her so creepily.
- Vampire Cheerleaders: Suki has no problem with others seeing her naked.
- She habitually sleeps without underwear and keeps "Kitty-chan"note on her at all times.
- Suki is just as liberal when it comes to her sex life. By vol.4, she's officially Leonard's "v.w.b." and openly refers to him as "frell buddy"note . She even banged him in front of Katie, while they were at the Lemurian hotsprings. After they were done, and Katie complained about it, Suki replied by mentioning she had offered to let Katie join in.
- Super MILF from Spinnerette has immense breasts, and she is well aware that they draw attention (which she enjoys). To a lesser extent, the same is true of Greta Gravity, who gained this in the process of accepting her new body shape that came with her enhanced powers.
- In Sword Princess Amaltea, Amaltea and Ossian found a nice river and, since they have no money to pay an inn, Amaltea strips right there to take a dip. Thanks to women being "males" in this story, Amaltea's behavior is like of any teenager boy, and when Ossian freaks out, she just tells him to turn around if he's that prude.
- Anzu from Anzu's Amazing Adventure. Shortly after starting her journey, she loses her clothes, but she quickly grows accustomed to being naked. While she does understand that wearing clothes is normal, she clearly does not mind being seen.
- This is the whole idea behind the Naked Vlog trend on YouTube.
- Faun Muranaka of Tasakeru. Her whole species tends to be like this.
- "Sunglasses" from the Creamsicle meme has an ambiguous black band around her chest which can be interpreted as a skimpy top or a censor bar. In the latter case, it suggests casual toplessness.
- The nudist Campbell family from Family Guy somehow go nude in public without more serious repercussions than their son getting bullied. They either ignore or fail to notice how disconcerting Peter and Lois initially find their nudity, and since nobody asks them politely to get dressed, it's hard to tell which.
- The cast of Futurama tend to bounce around this. In some episodes, public nudity is completely normal, while in others, you can be arrested for streaking. Hilariously, the most common offender is Professor Farnsworth.
- Terri Sue Webb from Bend, Oregon was about as close as you can get to this in real life — she's a militant nudist, part of "The Freedom to be Yourself" campaign, which contends that indecent exposure laws are racist against humans. She stopped wearing clothing sometime in 2001, but kept living her life as normal. Unlike in fiction, she was promptly arrested, multiple times, her prison sentences extended due to her refusing to wear clothing in jail, and a judge threw her in an institution, using a legal technicality to prevent her from ever leaving. She was released on appeal in 2003, and has apparently toned things down since then per the advice of several nudist groups in the US.
- Apparently there was a forest in East Germany where people went naked as form of protest against the Communist government (when you're naked you can't carry your identity papers). After an initial attempt to crack down failed the authorities turned a blind eye, until reunification when (ironically enough) the authorities put an end to the practice due to complaints by tourists from former West Germany.
- Reportedly, Joan of Arc decided it would be a bit pointless to worry much about modesty while travelling with the French army, and was therefore frequently at least topless in front of them while getting in and out of her armor. Soldiers later testified that they felt no desire for her; whether this meant that she wasn't very attractive or that they did not want to admit to sexual desire for someone who was beloved to the point of worship is up for debate. Manners and habits were really different in medieval Europe, people were far more comfortable being nude around relatives and servants, or in certain circumstances (such as going bare-naked to the bathhouse from your house).
- Inverted in Among the White Moon Faces: An Asian-American Memoir of Homelands (1996, pp. 142-146, 149) by Shirley Geok-lin Lim. While searching for an ideal roommate, she accepts an offer from Jason and Brenda Clinken, a nudist couple, and finds their nudity off-putting.note
"Their nakedness was intrusive." — page 143"May I say something to you? You can't get too prudish with us. You know, a pussy is a pussy. It doesn't mean anything." — Brenda, to Shirley, page 146
- Several (warm climate areas) have nudist colonies and/or clothing-optional beaches where pretty much everybody is in the buff and doesn't see a big deal about it.
- Sportscaster Erin Andrews became one unwillingly when she was secretly videotaped by a stalker in two different hotel rooms. In her personal life, Ms. Andrews practices casual nudity and the video, which has since gone viral shows her ritual of ironing and curling her hair in the nude.
- On three separate occasions, Cindy Crawford become one as a result of some paparazzi photos of her that were taken while she was sunbathing topless. The first occasion was when she was taking break from working on House of Style in the Bahamas. She was on the beach in a monokini at the Compass Point resort with her "friend" Jamie who's a buff speedo clad MTV employee. The two looked very much like a couple and they also spent a lot of time alone together in their cozy beach house. The second occasion was when Cindy and her boyfriend Rande Gerber were vacationing on St. Martin. At the pool, she was photographed taking off the top to her bikini and swimming and sunbathing topless. Also, Cindy and Rande are photographed going to a nude beach. Cindy's shown taking off her bikini top and Rande removing his trunks and he's sporting an erection. She was sunbathing topless aboard George Clooney's yacht on the third occasion.
- Newsanchor Wendy Rieger once mentioned that in the summer, she drives home from work in the nude and then goes for a swim:
"You shed the city and lots of other things during the drive. By the time I see that water, I'm good."