Creator: Elle MacPherson
Born Eleanor Gow in Killara, Sydney, Australia in 1963, Elle MacPherson is a supermodel, actress, producer, presenter and entrepreneur who first became famous through her appearances in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issues during the 1980s and 1990s, debuting in 1985 and appearing on the cover a record five times, including three times in a row from 1986-1988. She appeared in MANY fashion magazines during her active modeling career, including appearing in every issue of, naturally, ELLE for six straight years. Following a brief appearance in Woody Allen's 1990 film Alice, she made her first significant acting appearance in 1994's Sirens, where she drew notice, for different reasons, both for appearing nude and for giving what some critics, including Leonard Maltin, deemed a good performance. She, Naomi Campbell and Claudia Schiffer tried their hand at a celebrity restaurant called the Fashion Café, which did not last very long. She has had more success with her lingerie company Elle MacPherson Intimates, as well as other business ventures.As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
- Alliterative Name: Her character in The Edge was named Mickey Morse.
- Fashion Show: Although known more for appearing in magazines, she could and did walk the runways as well as any of her contemporaries.
- Genre Savvy: During her appearance on the May 28, 1991 Late Night with David Letterman, she was talking about her TV special International Swimsuit '91, which aired before Miss Universe, she said that it was ratings season, "so, you know, it's T&A, what do you expect?" Dave, jokingly, asked what that meant, and she said, jokingly, "Tricks & Advertising." Which, in fact, isn't that far from the truth.
- Girl Next Door: Her 1982 Tab commercial, which launched her career, gave her this image in Australia.
- It Is Pronounced Tro PAY: Her last name is meant to rhyme with "person." It is not "Mac-Pheerson."
- Ms. Fanservice: Of course.
- Bathtub Scene/Censor Suds/Diamonds in the Buff: In the October 2010 issue of Tatler Russia.
- Godiva Hair/Hand or Object Underwear: Often in her calendars. She sometimes combined them.
- Lingerie Scene: Several.
- Sexy Soaked Shirt: Several.
- She's Got Legs: 44 inch ones, at that. She's 6'0. Back in the 1990s, when she appeared on David Letterman's shows, he would always refer to her as "leggy supermodel Elle MacPherson."
- Walking Swimsuit Scene: Couldn't be on the cover of the Swimsuit Issue without them. Plus her calendars and other work she did over the years.
- Omniglot: She's fluent in French and can also speak Spanish and Italian.
- Reality Show: She hosted Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model, and hosts and executive produced NBC's Fashion Star.
- Red Baroness: "The Body"
- The Rival: Heidi Klum, after she originally accused Klum of stealing the nickname "The Body." Eventually, she said it was OK.
- Sesquipedalian Smith: Played straight, then inverted. She was born Eleanor Gow. Her parents divorced when she was a teenager and her mother married a man named MacPherson. Elle took the new surname and balanced it out by shortening her first name.
- Sitcom: Played Joey's roommate Janine on Season 6 of Friends.
- Take That: Her May 1994 Playboy appearance was one to the mainstream media who were trying to find nude photos of her, as it was a way for her to appear in nude photos "on her own terms."